• Breaking News

    Tuesday, July 20, 2021

    Dark Souls Yo how do you think magic damage feels

    Dark Souls Yo how do you think magic damage feels


    Yo how do you think magic damage feels

    Posted: 19 Jul 2021 09:09 AM PDT

    It's not lasers. Pyromancy is hot. Magic is fuckin cold, dude. Its gotta be a numbing but harsh and bruising pain, a destruction of nerve cells. Going straight through armor. Change my mind

    I'm so stoned

    submitted by /u/Deetee-Senpai
    [link] [comments]

    Why am i getting flak for playing the game?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 01:46 AM PDT

    I'm on my first ever play-through of dark souls remastered, i had already played the first two so I'm not terrible but i was having difficulties with the Ornstein and Smough fight. I pop a humanity, go find solaire and look for summon signs incase anyone was willing to help out. 30 seconds in i get invaded by someone who just happened to spawn in by the fog wall while i was running by. Uses a weapon Ive never seen, one swipe, kills me instantly. Used one of those pamphlets that Oswald sells. I respawned, popped a humanity and tried again.

    After finally finishing the fight with the help of a sunlight warrior (and Solaire) I decided to take a break. I came back to see i got a comment on my steam account. Someone by the name of 'Marco' had written the most confusing message I've ever received in my adult life:

    "If you dont like being invaded, play offline. Don't waste the time of people that wanna do PvP. Thank you."

    Im very bewildered. Is this normal? Do people just camp boss entrances?

    submitted by /u/Qulyuss
    [link] [comments]

    What's the hardest challenge run you've ever done?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 02:13 AM PDT

    Feel free to list more than 1, as well as any hard runs you've done in other Soulsborne games.

    submitted by /u/Orange_Snek
    [link] [comments]

    the titanite demon in lost izalith on ng+ is the true final boss

    Posted: 19 Jul 2021 09:22 PM PDT

    change my mind

    submitted by /u/WriterTechnical5338
    [link] [comments]

    I need help, I fucked up.

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 03:17 AM PDT

    I accidentally pissed of Andre. I wanted to buy arrows from him, after buying them, I went and clicked right mouse button, which is supposed to be the back button, but for some reason, my drake sword (which I was two handling), used the weapon art thing. His health got down by half and now he's pissed. I've had this experience before, but that was in DS2, you could have gone to the dude in Brightstone Cove. Is there a pardoner in this game too? (I just started playing 2 days ago)

    submitted by /u/lagspike9107
    [link] [comments]

    I'm new

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 01:11 AM PDT

    I accidentally killed the crestfallen warrior in the firelink shrine. Do I have to restart the run ?

    submitted by /u/Lfmao
    [link] [comments]

    3 Years of playing dsr remastered and see my first vagrant

    Posted: 19 Jul 2021 08:47 PM PDT

    i ended up panic hitting it because it came outa nowhere when i turned around after killing the 3 baulder knights in the church

    submitted by /u/ZHIKIX
    [link] [comments]

    New Location Underline

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 02:42 AM PDT

    Hello,

    I'm looking for the underline that shows up when you visit a new location. For example here, the line under "Firelink Shrine": https://darksouls.wiki.fextralife.com/file/Dark-Souls/Firelinktitle.jpg

    Where can I find this file? Preferably a PNG.
    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/b1ohazard777
    [link] [comments]

    Could somebody please explain to me how kicking works in these games?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 01:38 AM PDT

    So I've finished Darksouls 3 (&DLC) and throughout didn't figure how to kick or what's good about kicking. I've now started Darksouls remastered (still early game, just killed the bell gargoyles) and its really bothering me, sometimes I accidentally kick as well which wastes an opening or gets me damaged/killed. So you can anybody explain kicking?

    Also is there any difference in kicking between the 3 games?

    Quick note, I'm playing on Pc and have never been able to use controllers for anything 3d so am playing with default keyboard controls.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Shenkaiku8
    [link] [comments]

    When do you recommend to do the DLC/should I google?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 01:02 AM PDT

    I just got the lord vessel and am in the crystal area after the archive. When do you think the dlc is appropriate. Also apparently the DLC is impossible to find without looking it up, and i'm really trying to do a 0 guide walkthrough for my first time, but at the same time I want to do all the bosses and stuff on my first play through. Do you think I can find it by myself or just look it up? Also side question, why the fuck did they make it impossible to find without googling? If a friend hadn't mentioned this to me I would have finished the game and gone into new game plus and do it all over again until I google it. The thought of that pisses me off lmao

    submitted by /u/ComprehensiveCat1505
    [link] [comments]

    Progression System

    Posted: 19 Jul 2021 10:16 PM PDT

    Something I think a lot of games, specifically RPG's, struggle with is progression, and its something I think that Dark Souls does really well. I remember when I first started, the Balder Knights in the parish would seriously scare me- they were tall and imposing, hit really hard, and would often parry me to death. By the time I was in Sen's Fortress and met them again though, they felt like a piece of cake, almost as easy as the hollows you meet in the Burg. Part of it was probably because my weapon level or SL was higher by then, but I think another part of it was from pure player experience- my experience fighting them back in the Parish had taught me about their quirks and their moveset so I felt more comfortable and confident fighting them later. Another example were the Gargoyles- they went from a bossfight where I died multiple times in to a minor mob in Anor Londo that barely took a sliver off of my HP, or the Black Knights which felt completely out of my league at the start of the game but felt absolutely beatable by the time I returned to the Asylum.

    This feeling of progression even extends to the world itself. When I went into Blighttown for the first time, I was completely lost and died at least twenty times trying to get to the swamp, but now I feel confident that I could run that route in a single try or two. I love how daunting areas feel at first, but how how simple they are once you really understand the layout and feeling of the area.

    What I also love is that soul level feels so inconsequential compared to real experience. You might have double the HP and stamina than you did at the start, but the game still punishes you hard if you don't pay attention and double the HP matters very little at the end of the day. Enemies still deal a lot of damage, its just that you get better at avoiding that damage. I think if you let a first time player have a SL 100 character and compare the time it would take for them to go from the top to the bottom of Blighttown with a SL 1 dark souls veteran, I bet that the veteran, even with much worse stats, would almost always beat the newbie.

    All in all, it genuinely feels like my character, and to an extent, even myself as the player, am "leveling up" in the world as I advance in the game, and that my "experience level" isn't just a number like in so many games, but is the actual experience that you get from playing. I remember in Oblivion enemy levels would just scale with you, so it felt like you weren't advancing at all, or in the Witcher 3 where you could kill a low-level Drowner in one hit but a super high level Drowner could one shot you for some reason. Most games seem to struggle to capture the feeling of genuine advancement and improvement without feeling super arbitrary, but for me, Dark Souls is one of the few games that genuinely nails that feeling.

    submitted by /u/Chromatinfish
    [link] [comments]

    Can we talk about something real nice and quick like?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2021 08:56 AM PDT

    Can we acknowledge the fact that the thing about the soulsborne series that brought joy in the first place was the difficulty, the way it's implemented and all, so why on earth would people say there should be difficulty sliders, we have a saying you uncultured swines... Git gud.

    submitted by /u/Kii-boi
    [link] [comments]

    Solaire died how?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2021 04:15 PM PDT

    So for the first time ever I reached the other side of this stupid bridge in Anor Londo. Found the bonfire, where Solaire also sits. He said some kind words he would help me. I became human and started to kindle the bonfire, but then!!! Someone invaded. Ok, we were fighting and I trew a big chaos fireball which also hit solaire :,(. This was the only attack, it does 1 hit and 1 aoe hit a second after. Don't know if 1 or 2 hits did damage him. He was mad at me and started to attack me. I let him kill me a few times. He still was killing me. Then I ran back to Oswald and payed him lots of souls I had to farm. I went all the way back to Anor Londo, just to see that Solaire is gone! Where is he? Did he died by some silver knight while following me? They could have an argument maybe? Help :(

    submitted by /u/Gans__Solo
    [link] [comments]

    First time playing dark souls :D

    Posted: 19 Jul 2021 09:49 PM PDT

    My boyfriend is currently rooting me on as I play dark souls I, which is something I wanted to try after seeing him like it so much! I'm actually having lots of fun ! BUT, I kinda have no motivation to play it by myself when he's not around, mostly because he helps me avoid certain death areas, guides me to areas with better weapons, and gives me cool lore about what it is that I'm fighting

    Well, my point is, how did you guys first play dark souls in the very beginning? Was googling answers or using wiki the way to go? I really do want to level up in the game but having already messed up my play through in dark souls 3 (I played alone and unintentionally screwed up my stats and had to restart twice, then I gave up xD), I don't wanna do the same to dark souls I!

    Any advice would help ! :D

    submitted by /u/Long_Mathematician_4
    [link] [comments]

    Smiling through the pain

    Posted: 19 Jul 2021 12:36 PM PDT

    So after Elden Ring got announced, I got a little tipsy one night, logged on to ps store and downloaded all the DLCs and games I hadn't played from From (except Demon Souls). Made myself a pact that I'm going to beat every FS boss before Elden Ring. Ive played Bloodborne, Sekiro, and DS3 but wanna get the full experience.

    Played through BB force, had a great time reminiscing and realized I missed some of the bosses my first time around. Had never played the DLC and had a ton of fun with that.

    Switched gears and decided to play the Souls Games. Thought "I'm not going to want to start with DS3 and then downgrade" so I started with the OG.

    Holy fuck.

    I forgot what it's like to not know where anything is. To always be somewhat lost, get surprised by some bullshit pincer attack or fall off a bridge with no railing trying to dodge. Not to mention my mind is wired to bloodborne now so I try to be aggressive and just get fucked up. I considered just saying fuck it on the Capra Demon before I found the shortcut.

    I hate this game so much...but it's too much fun to stop. I envy people who started with this one and got to reap the benefits of slightly better game mechanics over the years.

    TL;DR I played bloodborne immediately before starting Dark Souls and I am taking it raw. Love these games so much.

    submitted by /u/luckycharms1331
    [link] [comments]

    fashion tip: i discovered that the brigand gauntlets perfectly match the brass helm (posting this a decade late)

    Posted: 19 Jul 2021 09:24 PM PDT

    Is the obsidian greatsword worth it?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 03:03 AM PDT

    It's currently my favourite looking weapon and it deals crazy damages, but can't get buffs from str, dex or everything else levels, so is it really worth it?

    submitted by /u/Aerill_69420
    [link] [comments]

    Best soul Farm?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 02:57 AM PDT

    I need 216,000 souls. I've essentially completed the game, all that's left is Gwyn. Before I kill him, I want to pick up all the armour Domhall sells (before I kill HIM as well). What would the best endgame soulfarm be?

    submitted by /u/MylesofPixelz
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone explain how stat caps work?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2021 10:55 PM PDT

    I know the max for all stats in 99. But when do the soft and hard caps kick in? When does leveling a stat become obsolete?

    Edit: Specifically

    submitted by /u/donkeyonsteroid
    [link] [comments]

    I kill the fkin BLacksmith accidentally andre of astoria

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 02:13 AM PDT

    I hit him accidentally and i have to kill him if there any way to revive him plz tell me

    submitted by /u/VeterinarianChance72
    [link] [comments]

    Help me please

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 02:10 AM PDT

    Hello guys i'm new here 😅 I Just want to know if ther's a community where you can ask for a specific items or for trading them Thanks to all

    submitted by /u/ZoSoXVII
    [link] [comments]

    Painted World of Ariamis

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 02:06 AM PDT

    Hey there, I have 2 questions about the Painted World of Ariamis, the first one is the following: What is the thing laying on the bridge that blocks the way and how can you get rid of it? My next question is: Should I kill Priscilla? If so, why?

    submitted by /u/BozoSpace
    [link] [comments]

    what weapon would you suggest for going through multiple NG cycles

    Posted: 19 Jul 2021 07:31 PM PDT

    I'm finally getting around to doing knight's honor, but have never played at really high levels, what weapon would you recommend for NG+3 and beyond?

    submitted by /u/hollow_mf
    [link] [comments]

    After getting plat in Sekiro, Bloodborne and Demon's Souls Remake, wanting to tackle the DS series. Do 1 and 2 still hold up?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 12:55 AM PDT

    Sekiro was my first From Soft game, and I went in completely blind. Absolutely loved it, and managed to get platinum after countless hours. Did the same with Bloodborne and Demon's Souls remake, and I loved absolutely every minute of it. Of those three, Demon's Souls was my least favorite though.

    I'm almost done with the Returnal trophies (one xenoglyph missing in biome 2), and after that I want to start playing the Dark Souls series. However, looking at the screenshots and trailers of the remakes of the first two, the graphics look pretty dated. Are they worth their (imo still high) price point, or do you think I'm better off with just starting DS3?

    submitted by /u/Xilver79
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment