• Breaking News

    Wednesday, April 7, 2021

    Dark Souls 2 Bearer of the Curse

    Dark Souls 2 Bearer of the Curse


    Bearer of the Curse

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 07:33 AM PDT

    I took a nap listening to the sounds of Majula and it wrecked me

    Posted: 06 Apr 2021 05:08 PM PDT

    A while back I was living with my boyfriend who was constantly playing Dark Souls 2. I was working as a cleaning lady so I kept pretty early hours and would often nap or rest in the afternoon. One day I took a nap in our living room while he was visiting Majula. He left his character there to make food or something which gave me about 40 minutes of the quiet, gentle melancholy theme playing as I drifted in and out.

    The daylight was starting to dim outside giving the room it's own golden ambient light. I remember being semi lucid throughout that time so I don't think what happened was dreaming. I woke up to find tears on my cheeks. Then I felt an overwhelming sense of sadness wash through me and this cold nothingness pooling from my chest down into my belly. I must have looked awful because he came over to me asking what was wrong. I told him to turn it off and explained how sad I felt. It was like I wasn't there but I was, I don't know how else to explain it.

    To this day every time I hear the Majula theme I feel the cold in my belly and my whole mindset shifts back to that exact moment when I woke up.

    TLDR I napped to the sounds of Majula from DS2 and it really messed me up.

    Has anyone else experienced this or anything like it?

    submitted by /u/saltycrabbybitch
    [link] [comments]

    To the guy that invaded me today in Belfry Sol

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 05:00 AM PDT

    I sometimes read these kinds of stories on the DS subs and i have one of my own for once

    so i was farming the mad warrior in Belfry Sol, expecting not many people invade these days i didn't bother going offline to do it.

    So the mad warrior is there for once and right when i start attacking him i see that message that i'm getting invaded, and i'm thinking no he actually spawns for once, NOT NOW

    but the guy just stands there and patiently waits until i killed the mad warrior, he was actually giving me trouble for once too since i normally can chain backstab him, but not this time

    so the mad warrior is dead, i wave to the guy, he waves back, he destroys me, and i'm not even mad (pun intended). Sadly didn't catch the name but to whomever it was, thank you, you're a class act

    submitted by /u/Blake45666
    [link] [comments]

    The End of an Age

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 08:03 AM PDT

    Best frame in the final scene, the bearer of the curse hesitant to sit on the throne or just tired of the joruney(?), what fate can probably await us? what impact would have in the world taking the throne from nashandra?

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 01:52 PM PDT

    My honest opinion on DS2

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 09:56 AM PDT

    I recently finished DS2 right after playing DS1 in remastered. At first I was biased because most people said that DS2 was the worst of the three and that people should even skip it. But I want to follow the whole gauntlet of Souls games without skipping a single area or boss so I went in.

    I kept saying to myself that yes, it is the worst. Lets finish up and move on to DS3. However, as I progressed in the game, I realized how much more challenging it was. Tedious at times but still, the bosses required so much more thought and strategy than DS1. I finished all bosses in DS1 with a greatshield and an UGS. I felt so overpowered that by the middle to late game, even bosses like Nito, Gwyn and Artorias were almost pushovers. In DS2 I could feel strong yet reach a boss or area and fall flat on a brick wall. I actually had to learn to parry and roll to survive! Even though I love the archetype of shield and sword warrior, rolling through swings and attacking felt so good.

    So after I finished I realized that DS2 might be even better than DS1 at some points. Yes, some new concepts didn't work so well but the bosses were sooooo much better. Only things I really REALLY didn't like were the new durability, losing max health with death until you use an effigy and lastly enemy placement. Killing so many enemies and then reach a boss was really tiresome with hard bosses (looking at you, Ivory King!). Also didn't like how some enemies stop respawning.

    TL/DR: DS2 is better than DS1 at bosses quality and compares proudly with the other two games.

    submitted by /u/Turin_Turambar_1571
    [link] [comments]

    Gank Squad in the Cave

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 01:21 PM PDT

    I'm at Shulva sanctum and I need help beating the havel alva pimp squad. Heeeeelp on ps4!!!

    submitted by /u/imbigmoist99
    [link] [comments]

    What’s the worst boss in dark souls 2?

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 12:18 PM PDT

    Now I've been playing a lot of Ds2 recently and the bosses are meh but I want to know what the worst boss you think is by far. (Mine is covenant demon).

    submitted by /u/Lifekindasucx
    [link] [comments]

    Early sorcerer build suggestions?

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 05:34 AM PDT

    I just finished playing ds1 remastered where I played as a pure melee build and I want to try something different in ds2.

    I found a really cool build by "fighting cowboy" https://youtu.be/cUFvpXyqM7M but all of the stuff he uses are pretty endgame.

    Could you guys recommend me some weapons/items I could aim for early game? I'm currently at the Far Fire.

    Thx in advance!

    submitted by /u/looshoosh
    [link] [comments]

    The reception towards this game - 7 years later

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 12:50 PM PDT

    There's still something about this game that makes me so inquisitive - something that I want answered: Why is there such a large portion of the fan base that 𝙖𝙘𝙩𝙪𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 hate it so much yet for no reason?

    One of my theories is because of bad marketing which badly tarnished the perception to a lot of people - I was curious to see how the trailers looked. The announcement trailer looks beautiful where as the actual gameplay launch trailer looks like a crudely made machinima film which a lot of people pointed it & mocked heavily.

    So maybe that helped instill this notion that the game looked bad when in reality it was proper AAA title sequel or...? Because look, I'm not trying to force people to like this game - if they don't like it, they don't like it but since I've seen too many people claim it's the "worst" in the franchise & berate it so much, there must be something to it. Something that I totally missed when having my first experience of the game.

    People have pointed out that it's not directed/produced by Hidetake Mayazaki & for that reason alone the game felt insipid to most of them which...it also can't be because the game does not deviate so vastly from the first game - not to the point where people have this vehement stance on it being the worst sequel.

    People also pointed out that since DS2 has no overt story connection to the first that it somehow tarnished the franchise - maybe because the fan base values the continuity & wanted the gratification of seeing the continuation of where the first title left off.

    That sounds a bit more reasonable to me. But okay, let me ask a different question - how has the perception changed towards this game throughout the years? Have people warmed up to it & consider it a cult classic or is it just always going to be a case of, "Well...we just have to agree to disagree" then?

    submitted by /u/Squirty_Chan
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a good tank/dps armors

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 11:08 AM PDT

    I'm making a tank character that tries to be a dps with a greatsword and I'm looking for any good looking armor combos with the best defense in mind too. Any recommendations or sets to look for.

    submitted by /u/Dragonbeowulf
    [link] [comments]

    Need help getting sunlight medals

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 06:26 AM PDT

    Can someone help me kill bosses while in the sun covenant or I can help you kill bosses, really need medals please

    submitted by /u/Scumzzi
    [link] [comments]

    Beginners build idea

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 04:32 AM PDT

    I've tried this game a few time and have gotten to the Ruin Sentinels base but it just didn't click with me.

    What build would you recommend for a beginner that balances being fun and relatively easy but not too easy that it trivialises the game?

    submitted by /u/Asome1997
    [link] [comments]

    What should I do

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 03:21 AM PDT

    So i'm going to do the dlcs, but people tell me that dlc enemies have high elemental defenses and a big sword is a good option against them, i'm a sorcerer with only 12 strength, what weapon should i use?

    submitted by /u/Ok_Dragonfruit_8925
    [link] [comments]

    Spare equipment (PS4)

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 06:50 AM PDT

    Hey Does anybody have any spare rings or great equipment that'll help me out please ? Soul memory is 11million. Platform PS4

    submitted by /u/Commie-cats
    [link] [comments]

    FYI You can pass The Gutter and Black Gulch in 2 MINUTES

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 06:34 AM PDT

    Looking for max stats

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 06:31 AM PDT

    Hey all I'm new here so be easy haha I'm looking to get my character to max stats, I'd anyone could help me out I'll be at the iron keep waiting

    Platform- PS4

    submitted by /u/Commie-cats
    [link] [comments]

    Recording deathless run. What rules/format for the vid?

    Posted: 06 Apr 2021 08:39 PM PDT

    While I've done deathless runs in DS1 and DS3, I've yet to successfully complete one in DS2. And I've never recorded any of it.

    So I want to do that now. And I've seen several people stream their runs then later upload. But my machine isn't quite strong enough to stream(at least not with my current understanding of it). I CAN record decent quality, however.

    My question is if there are any "rules" for this sort of thing. Should I record each area as I complete it? Or just try to go as long as my SSD has space? Or break it into 10 minute clips?

    Or am I just over-thinking it?

    submitted by /u/SirCowdog
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone help me beat Velsadt on Ps4

    Posted: 06 Apr 2021 08:01 PM PDT

    I literally had no problem every other boss.

    submitted by /u/dirtnapGrave
    [link] [comments]

    Ancient dragon

    Posted: 06 Apr 2021 03:44 PM PDT

    Need help man he is hard I got 4 giants souls from forest of giants memories now I'm trying to get the fifth one from ancient dragon to defeat vendrict help any one anything will be good I can't beat him

    submitted by /u/Gamer4life530
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment