• Breaking News

    Saturday, July 17, 2021

    Dark Souls What is the dumbest thing you have done in the game?

    Dark Souls What is the dumbest thing you have done in the game?


    What is the dumbest thing you have done in the game?

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 03:30 PM PDT

    For me, it is a tie between two things:

    1. I upgrade an Uchigatana to +10 to create Quelaag's Furysword. On accident, I created the Chaos Blade. Then, I undid it and went back to a +10 Uchigatana thinking I would get the soul back. I didn't. So ultimately I got nothing out of Quelaag's soul.
    2. This one is probably worse. In my first playthrough, I found a bunch of Firekeeper Souls (I killed all the Firekeepers I found). When I read the item description and learned that it could boost my Estus Flask, I consumed all of them immediately. Only after did I realize that that did not boost my Estus, and only wasted about 3 Firekeeper souls.
    submitted by /u/ObberGobb
    [link] [comments]

    Should I use uchigatana

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 06:21 AM PDT

    I have 24 strength and 21 dex points.Have been using the longsword but bored of the moveset.Can I still use the uchigatana?If I can't then tell me about a fast weopon.sorry for bad english

    submitted by /u/Gsdevil
    [link] [comments]

    Kiln of The First Flame and Gwyn the Lord of Cinder

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 01:07 AM PDT

    Welcome back to my tale.

    After finally acquiring the four lord souls it was finally time. I went down to the altar and offered my souls to the lord vessel. When the passage to the Kiln opened I felt a feeling that I've never felt in any other game before. I felt such an accomplishment, and there was excitement in the air. I took a slow walk through the Kiln. Admiring the ruined buildings and the bare ashen land that seemed to stretch endlessly (Seriously the build up to Gwyn was amazing 😁). Going into this fight I felt prepared and I was practicing parrying on the Knights. There was no going back at this point. I took a deep breath and entered the Fog gate.

    The arena is gorgeous, the music is fantastic, Gwyn's immediate aggression is perfect. This entire fight was cinematic. Gwyn is easy to dodge but his constant pressure makes it hard to get healing windows in. I accidentally parried him because I tapped the wrong button at the right time 😂. During the fight I had this feeling of magnificence and awe. I had finally made it to this point, after much failure and defeat in the past, I finally did it. After a few good minutes that I wish could last forever, I struck down the lord of Cinder. Gwyn possibly has to be one of my favorite bosses of all time. Even though he wasn't the hardest, I feel like it was meant to be that way. Gwyn is just a hollow shell of his former self. The entire fight was extremely cinematic and the ending cutscene leaves so much to wonder about.

    And there you go. I finally completed darksouls. After many failed tries at this game, I finally strapped down and completed it. Darksouls was an amazing experience and I find myself comparing other games to it, constantly. I wouldn't be opposed to saying that this might be in one of my top games ever. The experience is enchanting and this game does a good job at hooking you into it's world. And I just want to thank those of you who stuck with me and believed in me the entire way through, making these posts. Truly appreciate you guys 💞

    Thankyou for coming along with me in my journey

    I promised I wouldn't go hollow.

    submitted by /u/propagandagenx
    [link] [comments]

    Preparing to go unhollow

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 12:27 PM PDT

    I just completed my master's degree and get to pick up where I was in the keep at Anor Londo.

    submitted by /u/AtuinTurtle
    [link] [comments]

    What weapon is considered the 'Wooden Sword'?

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 12:20 PM PDT

    Essentially a weapon that is usually low damage, but can be effective in the right hands, and can potentially be powerful late game.

    Some examples are:

    • Wooden Sword/Unlabored Flawlessness from Ninja Gaiden. Very underwhelming initially, but can turn into something powerful later on. Transitioning from a wooden Katana to a wooden Oar that functions like a Greatsword capable of increasing in damage at low health in its latter form.
    • HF Wooden Sword from Metal Gear Rising Revengeance. Leveling it up *reduces* the damage, but makes up for it by having a 20% chance of instantly KO'ing an enemy.

    Doesn't necessarily imply some kind of weak Katana, but any form of melee weapon that can be used from beginning to end despite it's handicaps or obvious weaknesses and eventually be turned into something strong at the end. I'm immediately thinking Broken Straight Sword or Straight Sword Hilt, but I'm not sure what upgrade path could bring an interesting outcome.

    submitted by /u/Croistewa
    [link] [comments]

    How does riposte damage scale with buffs?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 01:27 AM PDT

    Was thinking about if it were possible to perform a one-hit-knockout on ng+7 gwyn

    In calculating the highest possible AR without glitches (~4202, crystal demon greataxe + tcc/cmw buff + pyro/power within buff + red tearstone ring + dragon torso stone buff + ally's channeler's trident buff) I realized how close to base game Gwyn's hp that gets. I just wanted to ask if riposte damage could multiply that 4202 to absolutely shatter every instance of Gwyn from the known fabric of history.

    submitted by /u/Burgahboino
    [link] [comments]

    In fucked up

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 11:56 PM PDT

    So, I have to beat the Lords for the kingseeker snake guy. I killed the 4 kings yesterday, and am now planning to go after Izalith.

    My problem is that I never activated the bonfire on the spider lady room (which I never knew existed right until now, thanks to the Internet).

    I can teleport myself to the Depths, which I believe is from where I gotta go, but it's gonna be a pain in the ass to get over all of that again.

    I hope there's something else I can do...

    Edit: I, not "In". Wrote the title fast and can't change it now. Today's not my day

    submitted by /u/GimmeYourLungsBro
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone have a fav soundtrack from another game they like to listen to during the silence of the game?

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 07:20 PM PDT

    I know the bosses and firelink shrine have music in the background, Ash Lake is awesome too. But most of the game is silent. My favorite to listen to is the Port of Adia theme from Turok 2, various FFVII classics, and the God of War series. Sometimes I'll turn on Metroid Prime music when I'm in Lost Izalith.

    submitted by /u/Farmonkal
    [link] [comments]

    I would like to throw in my two cents for what their worth

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 02:23 AM PDT

    https://www.thegamer.com/dark-souls-difficulty-challenge-speedrun/amp/

    While they does make some good points on how the community for dark souls as a whole can be a little gatekeepy and stuff, they kinda also misses the entire point of the game by advocating for a "easy" difficulty setting using Yamfahs "DS2 without taking to anyone", saying that if we're fine with someone making it harder on themselves then why should we have a problem with people wanting the games to be easier. And so what people chose to make it harder, in ds 1 and 2 sorceries are the easy mode and in ds3 pyromancy, all those people who cheese bosses aren't berated for making the game easier like they say but if they have only ever done that cheese they are heavily encouraged to fight them the intended way as it is often more fun.They say that the games aren't about the difficulty when they are, tell me if normal dark souls difficulty was "normal mode" after dying to the first boss witch ever one it was tens of times would you preserve or would you switch to easy; you can say you would now but what about before, I know I would switch to easy.

    These games are about being faced with seemingly impossible odds and winning, there about perseverance and will power. Circle toons discribes it well in his dark souls video that there is no feeling like beating a boss in dark souls and praises it for not having difficulty settings, think about if elden ring had difficulty settings we would play on hard because of our past souls experience but think about how different the experience would be for new players. They would play on easy mode and would have a completely different experience and would possibly think that the game was kinda lack luster.

    They use the difficulty as a way to say that it makes them less accessible to people, yet the og dark souls is on play station, Xbox and PC same with all the other games except demon souls ( I think ) and blood borne ( only PC and play station ) and the difficulty does the opposite of what they say it does it attracted people it attracted us. Hearing how difficult it was and when we saw that it lived up to it's hype, we got filled with a determination to beat that first boss or that one enemy and we wouldn't have been filled with that determination if there was an easy mode we could switch to.

    Ds3 was my first souls borne game and I remember never being able to stay away from it despite being frustrated with iudex gundyr because if I didn't beat him I would have always wondered what could have been, and beating him for the first time, low health no estus heart beating palms sweating is a feeling that could never be replicated if there was an easy mode and this feeling got ever stronger the more bosses I beat vordt, greatwood, sage, watchers, wolnir, yhorm, pontiff, Aldrich, dancer, ociros, champ gundryr, armor, the twins, soul of cinder, you get the point if the game had an easy mode it would be an insult to the potential of the game that could only be realized with it's difficulty.

    They says the games are great without the difficulty witch they are, using the lore as an example but their are games with amazing lore that aren't praised like dark souls is, yes sure Skyrim and halo are praised but the former is for standing the test of time and being revolutionary in the jrpg genre and the latter is for being one of the best fps game ever made. Dark souls on the other hand is praised for it's world, story, bosses, level design, enemy design, and it's fair but challenging difficulty, without it's difficulty dark souls would never be dark souls and if it had an easy mode, dark souls would just be another good game instead of the master piece we know it as today.

    submitted by /u/Patrioticaptain
    [link] [comments]

    Woah. Never knew you could range Manus from outside the fog gate lol.

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 11:53 PM PDT

    Was going to fight him again (ng+) after dying against him (was tryna go for the fire tempest/chaos storm blast in havels lol, I did that before I think and fire seemed to do the most damage) but got caught in his combo. When i ran down there i saw a red glow, and figured out that "oh shit i think thats manus down there" so i tried to range him.

    Took a bit of aiming, then wasnt sure i had the range so I put on a +15 pharis bow & hawk ring with feather arrows. After a bit of free aiming I actually saw damage numbers. So i popped power within & put on RTSR and went to work :p.

    Never knew about this cheese. I assume its probably well known, since if I randomly tried it im sure plenty of others have. Manus is such a pain, so I wasn't to mad i stumbled upon this (this is my X'th play through, ive gone up through ng+7 before legit and never use a cheese before ive actually killed a boss normally lol). Surprisingly at that distance with a +15 pharis and hawk ring/rtsr/power within/feather arrows I was hitting around 430 a pop. I would randomly get a 580+ hit that I assume was him moving slightly and the arrow hitting his head lol.

    submitted by /u/SrslySam91
    [link] [comments]

    Playstation - Whats the point

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 01:04 PM PDT

    Whats the point of giving your character a cool name or a roleplay name if when you invade someone they dont see "havel the rock has invaded" they see "your psn has invaded" i am really bummed out can someone explain why

    submitted by /u/Kii-boi
    [link] [comments]

    Outriders Dark Souls reference

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 03:28 AM PDT

    Just thought I'd share something with you all that really made my day. I know it's not Dark Souls related as such, but I play a game called Outriders, and in it, you can do emotes. One of said emotes is called "Rest at the Campfire", and when you perform said emote, it comes up with text saying "(Gamertag) has restored their humanity. Just thought I'd share this 🙂🙂 Til we meet again Ashen one.

    submitted by /u/xRoGuENoVax
    [link] [comments]

    Any tips on gaping dragon?

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 07:38 AM PDT

    That mf just destroyed most of my weapons. I just gave gargoyle tail that I can use right now. (I probably have more thing but I can't remember.)

    submitted by /u/GreasyGoose13
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you, NoobDestroyer

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 05:15 PM PDT

    ...for showing me that I'm no longer a noob in Dark Souls PvP!

    I've been a Souls fan for over five years now and have tens of playthroughs under my belt, but I've never played these games for the PvP aspect of them. This has meant that every time I get invaded it's very likely that I'm going to lose. So, when I was playing through Anor Londo a couple of hours ago and saw that "NoobDestroyer" had just invaded me I thought "welp, here we go again..."

    The duel took place in the room opposite to the room where Solaire hangs out by the bonfire. It was an honourable battle, no heals, no running away, myself armed with Ricard's Rapier and NoobDestroyer with some kind of battle axe (I couldn't quite tell because of the dark red overlay). It was over after a minute or so, and to my surprise, I won! Then I tried to quickly find the "bow" gesture which I didn't have immediately available because I haven't really needed it much before.

    NoobDestroyer, if you're reading this, thank you for the fair duel and for showing me that I'm not a complete noob after all. I probably just got lucky, but still!

    Additional note: If you haven't done a Rapier playthrough of DS yet you absolutely should. I'm currently doing my first one and it's been a blast so far. Started with the basic Rapier, switched to Ricard's at Sen's and planning to switch to Velka's as soon as I get my INT high enough for it to be viable. For the first time I'm finding Leo Ring really useful, and combined with Great Magic Weapon and Ricards' moveset it's melting away boss health bars crazy fast, as long as you manage to hit them. That said, I'm finding that the limitations of rapiers are causing me to have trouble with certain enemy types that I haven't struggled with before, and it's forcing me to play those areas in a different way, which is a fun challenge!

    submitted by /u/puutarhatrilogia
    [link] [comments]

    Seath the scaleless

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 10:58 PM PDT

    Just finished beating grave lord nito and the bed of chaos. I am about to fight Seath the Scaleless and wondering how hard he is? I am a level 95 and had a pretty easy time with the other two bosses I mentioned.

    submitted by /u/baileyj17
    [link] [comments]

    Stop arguing about Gwyndolyn's gender

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 10:47 PM PDT

    Gwyndolyn has neither a penis, nor a vagina. There is only snakes.

    submitted by /u/i_am_headass
    [link] [comments]

    SL 1 run questions

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 04:18 AM PDT

    So I'm doing my first SL 1 run, all bosses (bar dlc) and no glitches, and have a couple questions for the vets. For reference, I'm using pyormancy and got hand on +7 running fir ball and combustion. Have a hand axe and reinforced club bother on +5 and another if each ready to be upgraded to make elemental weapons (think I prefer the axe move set though) Just beat gargoyle, on way to butterfly so I can make a devine weapon ready for quelag. Might do catacombs after quelag to get a fire weapon.

    Specific questions are abit rings. I'm assuming later in the game stuff will be one shoting you so there is little point in getting / using protection rings? RoFaP limits your veracity, but I'd havels ring gets stapled on, I might consider it, as I only need yo be super light any way for fast roll, and again, armour might not hepl much. So that leaves me with stuff like clorathy ring, but I can get other stuff to boost stamina if needed and a spell slot ring, which I think will be permanent once I get chaos fire ball.

    What are peoples thoughts on rings? I'm thinking thate requiments will change, but do people use the protection rings?

    submitted by /u/MontyGreenstone
    [link] [comments]

    Question about Knight’s Honor achievement/trophy

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 04:04 AM PDT

    Do all the weapons required to unlock the achievement have to be acquired in a single run, or can I collect them across multiple new game+'s?

    submitted by /u/GeneralMoLong
    [link] [comments]

    Why did I find a red phantom version of the lightning lizards in Sen’s fortress

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 07:10 AM PDT

    It was just standing in the way of a jump after I defeated a grave lord servant.

    submitted by /u/Bruhleygem
    [link] [comments]

    Ps4 Darksouls Remastered. Knight Artorias of the Abyss. Soul Level 78

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 10:32 PM PDT

    He doesn't have a reddit so he's asked me to ask you for help. Come help him kill this sexy bastard. Thanks !

    submitted by /u/BananaBombPie
    [link] [comments]

    Architecture in Dark Souls

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 04:22 PM PDT

    If there is any student or professional of architecture here please leave a comment

    I am quite a fan of architecture and for me Dark souls games have one of the best architecture art, if not the best. I see mainly four styles.

    First: military medieval architecture (undead burg, Sen's fortress, Lothric castle, forest of fallen giants, lost bastile), which are pretty much made of solid walls and grounds, made for protecting. I know if you study architecture there are some more fancy terms like first, second, encastlement, etc. I can't explain that unfortunately.

    Second: romanesque architecture (undead parish, undead asylum, cathedral of the deep) that is a medieval style that features perfectly round arches and fequently supported by greekish columns. It is romanesque because it came from the romans.

    Third and my favourite: GOTHIC architecture (Anor Londo, Heide's tower of flame, Drangleic Castle, Dragon Altar, Iron Keep, Irithyll) Cronologically it came after romanesque, when they noticed if you pinch and raise the arch, it would make a much narrow stress line, meaning you could build much taller stuff and with more light coming in. If you have visited a goth cathedral in real life you will know what I mean, it is both dark and lightened inside. I mean, even tho the light comes in smoothly and colourful and it is sacral, divine and etc, there is a dark aspect of it that it is hard to describe, and it fits so incredibly well with soul's concept

    Fourth: other architecture styles from ancient civilizations (lost izalith, doors of Pharros, crown of the sunken king maps, Catacombs of Carthus) Those are the ones I like the least to be honest.

    But any way, there is another style of medieval architecture that never featured in any soulslike I guess, which is Bizantine, the style that came after the fall of the roman empire. My guess is because it is too sacral, too bright and colouful, it could ruin the dark aspect of the game. But honestly if they made maps like brightstone cove tseldora, and some other DS2 maps, I don't see how would it ruin it, Tseldora has the vibe of Bizantine anyway. Second reason is because it is most popular to eastern europe and arabic peninsula. So if they include it on the game they would have to make a map with arabic vibes, which again, Dark Souls 2 lowkey flirted with that with that giant scorpion boss.

    submitted by /u/Septimus_filius
    [link] [comments]

    Question about the snake people of the sen's fortress

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 02:26 PM PDT

    I have noticed that after the snakes from ds 1 use their bite attack they can use that long wind up attack and I can't really parry it. Is that attack supposed to be impossible to parry?

    submitted by /u/Revenant06521
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment