• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 28, 2021

    Dark Souls TIL that sif is just the letters of dog shifted left one on a keyboard.

    Dark Souls TIL that sif is just the letters of dog shifted left one on a keyboard.


    TIL that sif is just the letters of dog shifted left one on a keyboard.

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 06:42 PM PDT

    Capra Demon is Ruining My Life

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 09:37 AM PDT

    Okay let me start out this post by saying that I have played Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3, I have around 150 hours in DS3 and have beaten the game three times now including DLC (twice in regular game, once in new game plus) and have progressed pretty far into the game with several other builds. I'm not a souls noob.

    That being said, how the FUCK am I supposed to do this fight???? Fighting the dogs and assassins down the alleyway uses at least three estus every time (DS dogs are also so fucking busted) and then I walk into the arena just to get absolutely buttfucked by the dogs in the first 5 seconds of the fight.

    I've been using Zweihander for a strength build but it definitely makes the ledge strat pretty hard to do because my wide swings hit the wall most of the time. I've enjoyed playing the other souls games I've finished so much and I know I'll enjoy DS1 if I can just get past this fight, but for the life of me I'm out of ideas. I've tried using a shield, intentionally fatrolling, the ledge strat, I've got nothing. Can someone please help me escape from this hell that I have created for myself.

    submitted by /u/andre_whess1400
    [link] [comments]

    Fuck the Catacombs.

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 01:59 AM PDT

    Fuck this cursed, infernal place, fuck the spiked wheely skeletons and the regular asshole skeletons, fuck the guy who designed it. That's all I really have to say, other than that I sincerely hope whoever was responsible for that torture stubs his toe and experiences toilet splashback every day for the rest of his life as punishment for his atrocities against all Dark Souls players.

    (Also, I saw a message left near the bonfire where you meet Vamos saying "I can't take this". Same, bro. Fuck this terrible, wretched place. I'm outta here as soon as I get some more loot to make up for the shit I lost because of the bullshit enemies.)

    submitted by /u/Gearsofwar3mastr45_2
    [link] [comments]

    HOLY SHIT I FINALLY KILLED MANUS

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 02:25 AM PDT

    I am legitimately so happy right now. After MANY attempts, I finally killed the father of the Abyss. Holy crap I'm legit shaking right now.

    I was smooth sailing before this point. All the notable bosses were a piece of cake for me on my first playthrough. I died once to mega Ornstein because I wasn't ready for his AOE lightning, I died once to Demon Firesage cause of his stupid magic AOE, I died a couple of times to Asylum demon cause I had no clue how to play the game correctly, died once to Priscilla cause I didn't know how to fight her, and other than lots of deaths to fall damage, this game was honestly a piece of cake.
    Of course, this may be because I got the BKGS which is the definition of Pancake Weapon/Strength Class Cheese and I may have hidden behind my shield a lot, but honestly, I don't think this game was that hard once I learned the mechanics. In general, I felt like I did pretty good on my first ever playthrough and can consider myself half decent at this game.

    Of course thenhen I met Manus. Holy shit this guy just whooped my ass so many times. After many attempts, then finally realizing I can summon doggo (Honestly Sif felt pretty useless this entire fight), I finally beat big bad Manus. I was kinda hype at 2AM.

    Anyways, I'm boutta show Gwyn how to get parried.

    submitted by /u/randomMonkey782
    [link] [comments]

    Which hand did Artorias prefer? Really though...

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 07:00 AM PDT

    Ok, I know a lot of people are talking about Artorias fighting with his off-hand with his greatsword. Where this is coming from, I don't know. In DS2, Artorias sword is found at the base of Brume tower in a DLC, and the item reads as follows: *An ancient greatsword of unknown origin. This sword was passed down through generations, until it reached Gordin, wandering knight of Forossa, and was lost upon his death.

    Uncannily, every last one of the prominent swordsmen who inherited this weapon was left-handed.*

    Uncanilly means in a strange or mysterious way, or in a way that's hard to explain. The last owners of the sword being left handed is odd, as it's original owner was right handed.

    And it's pointed out that the swordsmans who inherited this sword were left handed, not the original owner.

    Artorias sacrificed his shield in the fight with Manus to protect Sif, leading to shield arm, normally well practiced for blocking, was smashed by Manus until he had to retreat.

    Artorias still fighting with his sword hand doesn't make him less badass, he's still swinging a two-handed sword like a stick with one arm: but he's not a lefty.

    I always keep in my mind that the story of Dark Souls is meant to interpreted many different ways, but this idea I've seen crop up a lot, and I think due to people not understanding the word "Uncannily". For the MGS from DS2 to have belonged, strangely, to only left handed users, makes it very apparent from my perspective that he was a right handed user.

    My two cents, I tried to not go hollow writing this.

    And whether or not Artorias is a lefty or a righty, it makes no real difference; He's still inspired by Guts, who was mostly a righty;)

    submitted by /u/Jedi-Guy
    [link] [comments]

    [spoilers]What was your favorite lord fight

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 12:43 AM PDT

    Mine was nitos because of the way he looks and the intro he gets but I hate that he has four skeletons to help him. And that how easy he was

    submitted by /u/Nixs66
    [link] [comments]

    I finally beat Smough and Ornstein

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 01:37 AM PDT

    I wont lie, with how busy I became, I stopped trying to beat them. The game would just sit in my steam library, staring at me in the face. But going at it again today at 3 AM, I finally managed to do it after a godawful long time. I was spurned to do it in particular due to an incident which happened earlier when I tried. I committed a sin by accidentally swing my zweihander into Solaire. Ngl, I panicked because I thought I would have to kill him, and I even considered trying to find scummy ways to fix it, but I realized that if I wanted to re-pacify him fairly, I was going to have to defeat them to get to Oswald. And so, after a few failed attempts, I actually used my brain to figure out the strategy against Super Smough, and I killed him. Most satisfying moment I've had in a while. Dunno what happens next, but I'm excited to find out.

    submitted by /u/SlavaRossiya
    [link] [comments]

    I just beat Dark Souls today!

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 08:53 PM PDT

    That was an amazing game! I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to beat it or not due to how hard it was in the beginning. Once I was able to make it to mid game it got a lot easier and I was having much more fun. I am now officially a souls fan and next up I plan on playing Dark Souls 2! Can't wait for that.

    submitted by /u/TrainerKujo
    [link] [comments]

    Using bosses souls for weapon

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 02:26 AM PDT

    Im on my second playthrough and still dont know how to plus 10 my weapons and use them to creat boss weapon . Sould i get somekind of an ember and sould i give it to andre or the giant

    submitted by /u/petethepokerface
    [link] [comments]

    Ruined a boss fight for myself on my first playthrough; should I just keep going or restart the game?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 04:54 PM PDT

    So I was at Smough & Ornstein (sorry, can't recall spelling); I have been struggling with them (I'm probably also underleveled—I tend to underlevel by default in games because I hate the feeling of a game being too easy). I'd probably tried them like 3 times, still hadn't begun to really figure out the tactic (the process of which is probably my favourite part of this game). Anyway, I got invaded and the guy seemed much stronger than me, so I played very evasively and took an opportunity to move towards where I knew there was a nearby sign, and summoned another phantom to help.

    I remembered reading that bosses are buffed when you're with other players, and he charged off to the boss, so I thought that I should really let him attempt it with me as thanks for helping (and honestly I don't know how to get rid of a player once you've summoned them :P), but it wasn't until we were fighting the boss that I realised how ridiculously overpowered this guy was for the job—or maybe it was just knowing what to do, but even so, it still completely took the challenge out of the fight.

    Anyway, in a couple of minutes the fight is over, and I feel completely unsatisfied. I really regret ruining the fight for myself. I know there's a new game plus, so I'm wondering if the boss will still even be challenging on new game plus or if I should just restart and do it properly?

    I know a lot of the playerbase really appreciates the challenge in this game, so I think people will get where I'm coming from. I just want to make sure I've actually earnt my completion. Am I worrying too much about it? Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/HerpapotamusRex
    [link] [comments]

    Need Help, Rhea won't forgive me

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 03:47 AM PDT

    I killed Rhea's companions so they won't hurt her, but she won't forgive me. I have payed 10,000 souls to Oswald to pardon my sins twice and she still keeps trying to attack me, but she isn't a threat thankfully. Any tips to fix this? Thanks

    submitted by /u/Jcurtis82
    [link] [comments]

    Dragonslayer Ornstein Fanart

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 10:39 PM PDT

    I initially uploaded this to the DS3 Subreddit since I haven't actually played DS1 yet. I recently got Ornstein's armor in the game so I really wanted to draw the actual character. For obvious reasons it was taken down there, no complaints. Been really enjoying the game can't wait to finish all the DLCs and play DSR.

    Dragonslayer Ornstein

    submitted by /u/L3ptonyx
    [link] [comments]

    Getting Quelaag's Furysword as early as possible

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 03:12 AM PDT

    I wanted to use the Quelaag's Furysword as early as I can, but I recall I can go Blighttown from Firelink through the water mill and fight Quelaag early (with Mildred help maybe?).

    But that just mean I need to rang both bell and go Sens Fortress and proceed to Anor Londo as usual.

    Any way to skip some route or shortcut? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/ds_user
    [link] [comments]

    Im stuck

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 11:22 PM PDT

    I really messed up and on my way to the tomb of the giants forgot to activate the levers that open the pathways in the catacombs and i am now stuck and i rested at a bonfire in tomb of the giants any idea on what i should do

    submitted by /u/Derppugman
    [link] [comments]

    So I decided to finish Dark Souls with the world being invisible. Here's how it went...

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 10:40 AM PDT

    YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J66CXixv54Y

    There are many things I could have changed, but the entire idea of this Dark Souls challenge was to go into it with no preparation and attempt to perform the regular All Bosses speedrun route while turning the world invisible.

    Naturally, certain segments took way longer than they should have and with proper adjustments could have been much much quicker. Then again, the point of this was not speed, but a fun challenge to see how my own mental map of the game's world would help.

    Don't think this has been done before, so world's first I guess? 😂 I hope you enjoy!

    submitted by /u/catalystism
    [link] [comments]

    Cleric tips?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 04:14 PM PDT

    Starting a cleric build on ds1 and was wondering what to upgrade. What weapons to use. What talisman to use and what miracles would be best

    submitted by /u/CharlieWiHD
    [link] [comments]

    (Steam News) Discount Program Termination | Sept. 30 2021

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 08:10 AM PDT

    This news was released on Steam News today for DS: PTDE/DSR, so I wanted to repeat it here in case anyone missed it. Here was the announcement in quotes.

    "For the past two years, we have offered a 50% discount on Dark Souls: Remastered for everyone who owned a copy of the original Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition on Steam.

    This message is to inform you that we are shuttering this discount program on September 30, 2021.

    If you would like to take advantage of your discount before that final day, we invite you to do so.

    Thank you,

    The DARK SOULS Team"

    So if any of you are still holding onto PTDE and refusing to purchase DSR, I highly recommend doing so before Sept. 30th, otherwise you're going to end up paying full price if you ever do decide to buy DSR. (Which is totally worth it if you're at all interested in playing Dark Souls online, on a monitor over 60hz, at 60FPS natively, with friends who are new to Dark Souls, etc.)

    submitted by /u/Terraphice
    [link] [comments]

    Is the Grass Crest Shield a placebo?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 12:03 AM PDT

    Yeah or nah?

    submitted by /u/cannedsoup4me
    [link] [comments]

    So you invade a world...

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 04:55 PM PDT

    And before you have finished your load-in animation two dudes are whacking you with two-handers. C'moooooon guy.

    submitted by /u/Alternative-Bison-78
    [link] [comments]

    Things to do before Gwyn fight

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 07:41 PM PDT

    Just wondering what things I should do before I take on Gwyn. Did the DLC and I think I did all of the side bosses.

    Also what type of armor and weapon should I use against him? Currently running black knight sword and black iron armor set. I'm SL 100!

    Thank!

    submitted by /u/baileyj17
    [link] [comments]

    Ruined my Darkmoon Blade Covenant run with the weirdest glitch

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 10:33 PM PDT

    It's been a good month since I finished my first DS:R run, and I decided to NG+ in order to go for a Darkmoon Blade Covenant run, killing all Sinners for Lord Gwyndolin. After reaching him and making my oath, I decided to try a first invasion with the Blue Orb. 10 minutes later, it's still not finding any world to invade, so I decide to go for Ornstein, without disabling the invasion. I summon Solaire, then I proceed to the fog gate and see a summoning mark and tell myself, well, let's get some help, why not. Suddenly, games switches to Gwyndolin death cinematic, and I get his soul and everything ???

    Is my run fucked now that Gwyndolin is dead ?

    submitted by /u/Varegue
    [link] [comments]

    What Should I Upgrade?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 04:19 AM PDT

    So this is my first ever playthrough of dark souls 1 and my first dark souls entry, but I've played bloodborne before it, so I'm influenced by its fast paced mechanics so I went and chose the wanderer class. I'm in Blighttown now and I've uprageded my chest armor and scimitar a bit (both +3 only) and I'm wondering whether I should I continue upgrading the wanderer set since it's light or should I wait and there's a close light armor better than it? Same applies for the scimitar since I'm doing a dex build and I'm dex 24 but i can't find any other good dex weapon. Any advice for a fellow soulsborne newbie?

    submitted by /u/Abo-youssef_2006
    [link] [comments]

    Griffith build (berserk)

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 01:51 PM PDT

    Finally getting round to doing a griffith play through and the last thing I'm not sure about is what weapon to use, id say its between the estoc and scimitar. Anyone else's opinion? In a perfect world I would be using the scimitar with the estocs move set lol

    Any opinions appreciated

    submitted by /u/standard_sam
    [link] [comments]

    Dear anor londo sunbro named Blibbity frit

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 10:26 PM PDT

    Dear blibbity frit, I am demon knight, I had a good time helping people do O&S with you for a few hours, funny how we kept matching up. We killed them in your world so im assuming youre done for the night, peace out. Ps get that egghead checked out god damn man

    submitted by /u/Straight-Ad7696
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment