• Breaking News

    Saturday, July 24, 2021

    Dark Souls I used to be a Dex player. I have seen the error of my ways.

    Dark Souls I used to be a Dex player. I have seen the error of my ways.


    I used to be a Dex player. I have seen the error of my ways.

    Posted: 23 Jul 2021 05:25 AM PDT

    Dex is quick and damage of fully upgraded weapons is decent and status effect life bleed are nice. But strenght weapons are just on another level when it comes to damage and usability! Strength and poise together are actually unstoppable. I will never swoosh again. Only bonk.

    submitted by /u/JitsuBarber
    [link] [comments]

    Hey guys! Beginner here. What was your first dark souls run like?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2021 07:31 PM PDT

    I've hit a wall at the capra demon. I really like the game so far, but man, it's foockin hard. What was your first dark souls experience like? Am I just "the bad" at funny monster game?

    EDIT: AAAAARRRRGGHHH I JUST FUCKING DID IT BOYSSSSSSS

    I've used mostly the scimitar, but for this fight I brought in a big ol shield and the winged spear. It took a couple tries, but I got the hang of kiting the bastard around the room. Thank you guys so much, you shared just enough of your experience to keep me going, but not too much as to trivialize the fight.

    submitted by /u/yyorkiesilkworm
    [link] [comments]

    What would Gwyndolin and Frampt have done if the Chosen Undead lost or broke the Lordvessel before reaching the Firelink chamber?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2021 03:00 PM PDT

    Say, if the Chosen Undead was clumsy or stupid and accidentally dropped it off of a cliff or into Ash Lake. Would the Chosen Undead be able to go back and ask Gwynevere for another? Do you think maybe Gwyndolin just had a stockpile of those in a closet or something?

    submitted by /u/SarahLia
    [link] [comments]

    I finally get it

    Posted: 23 Jul 2021 05:24 PM PDT

    I started with dark souls 3 (well technically ds2 years ago but that's another story for another time) I'd always heard dark souls 1 is better in a ton of ways, a big one being world and level design, shortcuts, that sort of thing. I was really impressed with that in ds3, take the grand archives for example, there are a few shortcuts there and I thought it was all designed so well, the way some elevators take you to completely different areas that you didn't even know you were that close to. but then… I really committed to ds1 today, I'd tried a few times but it was such a different experience(and the Capra demon stopped me for a while ) that I didn't give it a fair shot. Today I did. I'm about halfway through I think, been to a few areas a bit early just to kinda scout it out… and now I get it, ds3 has great level design but ds1 is just on another level, the way everything connects and at first I hated the lack of fast travel but I gotta say, I'm thinking this is gonna overtake ds3 and sekiro for my fav so far, and I absolutely love those games, I've done a pretty decent job at avoiding spoilers too so this is truly a great experience (so far, for the most part 😒😂😂

    submitted by /u/123whoyouwannabe
    [link] [comments]

    Newbie question. How did somebody just randomly join my dark souls game?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2021 05:50 PM PDT

    I am in the undead parish and used a humanity to Kindle the fire. A couple of minutes later, some red looking dude came and joined me and gave me some items. How did this happen? What does it mean? He seemed to unlock a gate or something, how does that affect my game?

    submitted by /u/Eggvillan
    [link] [comments]

    What direction do you go in?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2021 03:15 AM PDT

    I just started the game and exited the main tutorial part of the game and ended up in Lordran, I know I need to ring these bells of Awakening? But do you just follow a linear path? Or do go to different places, this game is extremely hard lol.

    submitted by /u/TheLastWinchester
    [link] [comments]

    Started my DS journey today. Managed to down the Asylum Demon on my first go. (not a flex, just excited)

    Posted: 23 Jul 2021 11:46 PM PDT

    I've always been daunted by the challenge DS provides. It's almost like I've been searching for a game like dark souls, but always avoided it. Today, I noticed it was on sale on the Xbox store, and I knew it was time.

    Went with a sorcerer build because why not, managed to go out rather unscathed against the first boss. Not sure if this is even remotely a good thing, I'm that new to the game series.

    Feels like a good start. Really excited for this journey and any tips in general are appreciated, however I'm going in completely blind! Cheers

    submitted by /u/Lalapaloozer
    [link] [comments]

    What is your absolute favourite boss in the trilogy? So just the 3 Dark Souls games

    Posted: 23 Jul 2021 01:30 PM PDT

    For me, Fume Knight. Absolutely love this boss, his weapons, and cosplaying with his armour.

    submitted by /u/cd-Ezlo
    [link] [comments]

    Have you ever noticed how little armor you can actually get as a drop in the first Dark souls ?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2021 12:12 PM PDT

    Besides NPCs like Solaire, Chester and Ciaran who drop their whole sets upon death, there is like only 6 armor sets you can actually get as a drop from an enemy.

    -Hollow warrior set -Hollow soldier set. -Hollow thief set. -Blader's set. -Steel armor(Rare drop from the Berenike knights) -The chain set(From the one abomination in the DLC, yes I know how little the narrows it down)

    The rest you have to either buy, find leaving on the ground or in chests.

    submitted by /u/ArtoriasTheAbyssWolf
    [link] [comments]

    Moment of silence

    Posted: 23 Jul 2021 05:54 AM PDT

    Just a moment of silence for Solaire

    submitted by /u/SnooDoggos2674
    [link] [comments]

    I watched a video of someone killing all bosses using the special move of the stone greatsword, how?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2021 03:23 AM PDT

    The effect is pretty much the same as the spell "tranquil walk of peace" but the wiki doesn't say that this spell causes damage, how did they do it?

    Here's the video I'm talking about

    https://youtu.be/YQshtu-Y6kY

    submitted by /u/SirRoderic
    [link] [comments]

    Co-op problems

    Posted: 23 Jul 2021 10:41 PM PDT

    Hey there. I downloaded Dark souls remastered yesterday to play it with a friend of mine. I summoned him once, then I couldn't do it for the rest of the time we were online. We had the same password, the summon sign was not limited, I still had the moonlight butterfly to beat while he already did it, he didn't hold weapons so that the summon could fail because of level difference, we exited and entered the game many times, and it still says "summon failed". About the SL he's like 37 while I'm 13, but I don't think that's the main problem. Any solutions?

    Ps: when the hell I find someone different from Logan to buy sorceries? Because those tree monsters from darkroot garden make me use half of my soul arrow just to beat them

    submitted by /u/Perruz_
    [link] [comments]

    Ornstein and Smough

    Posted: 23 Jul 2021 02:18 PM PDT

    First play through ever, of any FromSoftware game, and loving it so far. Had read ornstein and smough was supposed to be this crazy hard fight, and was super pumped for it. However I have a +5 black knight sword and summoned solaire for help, because I am not that good and find solo'ing bosses generally difficult. I subsequently beat super ornstein first try. Feel like I kind of cheated myself to be honest. I died like three times to the royal sentinels right outside the door lol.

    submitted by /u/milddietpepsiaddict
    [link] [comments]

    What was your most badass/coolest build?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2021 09:29 PM PDT

    We always have posts asking about the best weapon for X build or if X is viable.

    But what about builds that made you feel really fucking cool? From weapons, techniques to fashion souls, whatever made you have fun.

    Inspired by my first Claymore Quality build. I feel fucking dope playing this character.

    submitted by /u/OhNo_StepBro
    [link] [comments]

    How long is your character dead before respawn?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2021 07:36 PM PDT

    Is there a set length of time that the Chosen Undead is dead before respawning at a bonfire? I always wondered this and never knew if there was an answer to this.

    submitted by /u/JCrusti
    [link] [comments]

    How to retrigger the Black Orb is quivering or something to fight Knight Lautrec?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2021 08:04 PM PDT

    It only shown once :\

    submitted by /u/rowgw
    [link] [comments]

    I am stuck in the catacombs

    Posted: 24 Jul 2021 03:29 AM PDT

    I was going through the catacombs to get to pinwheel when an enemy knocks me down to a lower level before I was able to press one the switches to turn the bridges and now I can't get out of the Catacombs I've spent the last 2 hours trying to get out and I need help.

    submitted by /u/Doctor-Confident
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls Remastered for Switch

    Posted: 23 Jul 2021 07:55 PM PDT

    I have heard DSR for Switch was pretty poorly redesigned (as was the remaster as a whole) I am not sure if getting the game for Switch would be a good idea. I really want to experience the game, and cannot run it on PC. Switch is my only current way to play the game.

    (Just to let you know I am a dumbass and don't know what I'm saying lol)

    submitted by /u/Chumpus_Dick
    [link] [comments]

    even with decent dps i still have trouble with 4 kings

    Posted: 23 Jul 2021 09:02 PM PDT

    the arena really fucks with me like the 1st king shoots a sword beam at me ans despite me running at it i don't know when to roll to avoid it because as fas as i know the things isn't moving

    submitted by /u/ZHIKIX
    [link] [comments]

    Am I the only one who found Ornstein and Smough to not be that difficult on a first play through?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2021 02:49 AM PDT

    First let me preface this by saying I've never played a souls game before and I'm currently playing through DS1. I beat Ornstein and Smough today and it only took me 6 tries. I had much more trouble with the Capre demon and moonlight butterfly. I heard that this boss makes people quit dark souls halfway through. anyone else found the boss to be somewhat easy?

    submitted by /u/HeresssThorkell
    [link] [comments]

    New player looking for a little spoiler free advice on where to go next

    Posted: 23 Jul 2021 11:01 PM PDT

    I picked up Dark Souls Remasterd on the Switch as a new game to play on my commute, 1 hour each way on the train ugh. And I've been making pretty good progress but I've hit a bit of a wall after beating Ornstein and Smough and getting the Lord Vessel. I've been playing through blind up until now but was getting frustrated and need at least a tip.

    Here's my path so far:

    Undead Burg -> Taurus Demon

    Undead Parish -> Gargoyles

    Lower Burg - > Capra Demon

    Dark Root Garden -> Moonlight Butterfly

    Dark Root Basin -> Hydra + Havel

    Depths -> Gaping Dragon

    Blight Town -> Quelag

    Sen's Fortress -> Golem

    Anor Londo -> Ornstein and Smough

    Frampt tells me I need the four big souls so I start looking, first stop was New Londo Ruins. This was a nightmare until I figured out what the Transient Curse item did. But I made my way through, lowered the water, fought through the area up until a fog gate that leads to spiral stairs that kill me if I drop down. The guy I got the key off said something along the lines that only Artorias can survive the abyss so I figure I need to find Artorias to proceed.

    Next up I tried the graveyard and the Crypts, it was going pretty well and I beat Pinwheel on my first attempt but quickly died at the start of the Tomb of the Giants. I hadn't found a Bonfire on the way so I was back at Firelink and spent the entire next train trip exploring the Crypts looking for a bonfire but couldn't find one, so I went through to the Tomb of the Giants again and died instantly in the dark once again and that's where I stopped out of frustration.

    So yeah besides powering through the Crypts and Tomb I'm not actually sure where to go and some spoiler free pointers would be appreciated. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/dc_abstracted
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any reason to play the games in order?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2021 02:23 AM PDT

    Never played a dark souls until now I started with the first one remastered and got really stuck had no idea what to do where to go so I decided to start 3 and I'm having a better time on it. I plan to play all the games just curious if there's any value to playing them in order or does it not really matter

    submitted by /u/Financial-Limit3252
    [link] [comments]

    Somthing I would love from soft to do that will absolutely NEVER happen

    Posted: 23 Jul 2021 10:35 PM PDT

    A true remake of ds1.

    In a bit more detail a remake of ds1 from the ground up as if they made dark souls 1 with all of the knowledge they gained from their previous games (ds3, Bloodborne, sekiro).

    Using their knowledge and resources they could remake the music, the bosses and enemy design (gameplay wise), but still keep the world and interconnectivity intact.

    Things that they could do is ,give some bosses a phase 2, make the game faster paced and play more like ds3, and have the enemies and bosses be reworked to fit with that pacing.they could even rework some of the music with the orchestra that they used in ds3 but still be faithful to the OG soundtrack (like demons souls).

    Please know that I LOVE ds1 and have nothing against it this is sort of just a thought I had.

    I have accepted that this will never happen. But if it were to, it would be a dream come true.

    Any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/gameg805
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone please clarify something about Black Iron Tarkus (don't know if this counts as spoilers or not but just going to add it just in case)

    Posted: 23 Jul 2021 02:45 PM PDT

    I'm not well versed in the lore so can someone tell whether Tarkus was just a normal human or not? I understand that he died in the place where the painting guardians are but if he was an undead wouldn't he just come back on the spot as a hollow or are the painting guardians just more powerful in lore than in gameplay.

    submitted by /u/GaYfUrRyTrAsH
    [link] [comments]

    For what weapon should i go for

    Posted: 23 Jul 2021 10:09 PM PDT

    I am making a pyromancer build, i got the drake sword so i dont have to worry about leveling up my str and dex but i remember that this sword is utter garbage later on so what weapon should i go for i was thinking on dex so my casting speed upgrades. Maybe balder side sword, iato is a good weapon

    submitted by /u/XtremeSirnica
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment