• Breaking News

    Monday, May 4, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.

    Posted: 03 May 2020 11:15 PM PDT

    Welcome to the weekly Dark Souls mod announcement and discussion thread!

    Beware! Use of mods whilst connected to the internet can cause you to get banned from online play!

    For more information, or to continue the discussion visit /r/ModSouls

    Using mods (PC only!) to enhance or add new content to the Souls games is great fun! It is important, however, to understand that mods are against From's EULA/ToS, so there is a great risk of being banned when using them due to From's anti-cheat--which is deployed in most versions of the Souls games.

    Versions of the games where modding is safe due to no anti-cheat:

    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

    Versions of the games where modding carries a very high risk of being banned:

    Dark Souls: Remastered

    Dark Souls II

    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

    Dark Souls III


    Our recommendations for safe modding

    *This advice is intended for first-time or relatively inexperienced modders who want to get into modding without risking a ban on their main Steam account.

    Basic Steps:

    Make a separate Steam account

    Use Steam's Family Sharing feature to provide your new account with access to your main Steam account's game library.

    Install games to be used with the new account in a separate directory.

    Once you've found your mods be sure to read (and follow) the mod author's instructions carefully prior to installation.

    Set Steam to "off line" mode.

    Install the mods and perform any necessary setup.

    Enjoy the fun and interesting experiences offered by mods!

    Be sure to remove all file components of the mod before going back online!

    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Behold, I have discovered the secret to the Iron Passage

    Posted: 04 May 2020 08:14 AM PDT

    Next to Horsefuck Valley in Eleum Loyce, the run-up to Blue Smelter Demon seems to be widely regarded as the biggest pain in the ass in the game. The shortcut down the hallways with the fireballs is near-impossible to do consistently thanks to getting ganked by the guys in the jail cells, but taking the long way around is even more annoying thanks to those stupid clerics who hit you with the Fatroll Boogaloo debuff. So what to do if you're a boss-fight completionist?

    Answer: the Soul Appease miracle. It's the only thing that can kill the jail-cell guys without opening their doors, and once they're dead, you just have to roll through the fireballs to get through the shortcut in time. Arm yourself with this miracle and some Twilight Herbs to replenish your casts, and the run-up to Blue Smelter becomes reasonable once again. You're welcome!

    submitted by /u/RightHandComesOff
    [link] [comments]

    After the Demon of Song, in front of the petrified hollow, look up and press the "Lock Camera" button. You'll lock on something. Whats that?!

    Posted: 04 May 2020 07:18 AM PDT

    I just got the SOTFS and got to this part, and noticed that if you lock on in front of this guy (get on his face, turn around and look up) you'll lock on to...the air?! Nothing? There is no enemy, not even the circle thar indicates you are locked on, but your character will chance stance and your camera will be as if you were locked on a enemy. Has someone ever noticed that, and if so, what is that? I'm on PS4, if that matters

    Edit: https://imgur.com/a/nz9uycQ

    here's a pic (sorry for the quality, I'm on PS4) I know it might seem like I'm guarding, but believe me, I don't have a single reason to lie. I'm just curious about this. Also, as I said, there is no circle indicating that I'm locked on, but the game plays as if I am (can't move camera and the character will strafe around it). It seems to unlock after a few seconds.

    submitted by /u/Mukagas
    [link] [comments]

    Why is there so much negative stigma about DS2?

    Posted: 03 May 2020 05:14 PM PDT

    So I got into DS just recently, started with 3 which I loved, then I moved onto 1 which I did enjoy alot. Recently I was feeling some dark souls and instead of starting a new char on 3 I decided to give 2 a go, even though I've heard so many bad things about it.

    In the first few hours I really didn't like it. PC controls are objectively dogshit unless you rebind everything and the game feels different(backstabs were harder and I just couldn't parry) but I kept going. Slowly I started getting into it and then about 30% through the game it hit me how massive the game actually is. I thought I had choice of where to go in DS1 but DS2 just tops it. I just cannot believe how much freedom and size there is to this game, I'm pretty sure I was progressing thorough 5 different zones that led to different outcomes.

    Anyways I've finished the game now along all the DLC. Its really, really good. Very long, good boss fights, interesting zones, combat is good and I enjoyed the weapons. I really can't complain much. Honestly, its brilliant. I can't see why somebody that enjoyed ds1 and 3 would hate this game if they gave it a honest try like I did

    I guess some things I didn't like like non instant estus or no "sharp" infusion for pure dex or not much point of weight under 70% but these are just minor. So my question is why do people love to shit on this game so much? I understand that its different than DS1 and 3 but it did so many things better.

    Also I do understand this is a DS2 subreddit so you all probably prefer this game to the rest but try to be unbiased.

    EDIT: Another thing, I thought the game would be barren but was pleasantly surprised at how many people I still met, just wished I wouda gotten invaded more often.

    submitted by /u/Dandi601
    [link] [comments]

    I just defeated the fume knight (Raime)

    Posted: 04 May 2020 04:34 AM PDT

    After struggling for two days now i just defeated him and iam proud to say in his infused greatsword state he only touched me once

    submitted by /u/LORDraximus
    [link] [comments]

    I was just invaded while hollow

    Posted: 04 May 2020 09:05 AM PDT

    Is this a bug what the hell I was getting lunch

    submitted by /u/TribesGuy
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls 2 is my favourite

    Posted: 04 May 2020 10:47 AM PDT

    Vendrick with no Giant Souls

    Posted: 03 May 2020 09:23 PM PDT

    I just beat Vendrick with no Giant Souls.

    Basically, me being stupid, I used all my giant souls for souls to level up only later to find out they are needed for his fight.

    For about 30 minutes, I just poked away at him with a rapier doing 10 damage per hit.

    In this fight, repair powder was mandatory. I went through three +10 rapiers and was left with the Espada Ropera which has a lot of durability.

    After about 15 minutes, I had him to half his health and I was ready to give up as I was/am tired and want to sleep. I did not give up and kept poking away and when I finally killed him I felt/feel so accomplished.

    submitted by /u/JesseLovesComments
    [link] [comments]

    Hey guys any tips on how to beat Aava,the kings pet?

    Posted: 04 May 2020 12:11 PM PDT

    Ive beaten the game and killed fume knight but this boss is just very diffrent and hard.

    submitted by /u/AdrieltheBerserker
    [link] [comments]

    I don't know where it gets it hate

    Posted: 04 May 2020 01:19 PM PDT

    I have been playing ds2 for a bit now and i don't know why people hate it. I have heard some people saying they don't like because there is no invincibility frames when rolloing but most enemies do a over head attack or a swipe so you can just roll in different directions and they can't hit you . Another gripe i have heard people have and that is the slow healing but if you don't be so aggressive then you will be fine.

    If anyone can tell me a reason why it has a bad reputation can you please tell me i would like to start a discussion.

    submitted by /u/dfly16
    [link] [comments]

    One shot help.

    Posted: 04 May 2020 09:30 AM PDT

    I have a one shot sorcerer... or so it should be.

    I used Unleash Magic, Sorcery Clutch Ring, Black Witch Staff, The Channelers Trident Buff, and Soul Geyser on Sir Alonne but only managed 233 damage. What am I doing wrong?

    submitted by /u/JesseLovesComments
    [link] [comments]

    Beware of Brad!!

    Posted: 04 May 2020 05:02 AM PDT

    This game has tried my patience before now, but the run up to Sir Alonne is the last straw.

    Posted: 04 May 2020 10:35 AM PDT

    This has been designed purely to frustrate. There is no other explanation. It's just not fun at all. Fuck it, I'm not doing it anymore. Don't care about completing the whole thing when it's going to disrespect my time like this.

    submitted by /u/enthusiasticdave
    [link] [comments]

    Just beaten all bosses with a ladle

    Posted: 04 May 2020 12:27 PM PDT

    This was one of the greatest and also most difficult runs I've ever done, it was surprising how fun it was and how viable the ladle can become (mundane of course) late game.

    PRAISE THE SPOON!!!

    submitted by /u/DEFLARGEN
    [link] [comments]

    Base Game Bosses Ranked By 1st Time Player

    Posted: 04 May 2020 08:52 AM PDT

    Before going into Dark Souls 2 I had beaten Bloodborne and Dark Souls, so I definitely was experienced before heading into DS2. Just wanted to get that out there before I rank the bosses by difficulty. Also I did not fight every single boss in the main game, instead I mainly focused on bosses that are necessary to progress the game. I will be going in order of easiest to hardest.

    1. Guardian Dragon

    2. Covetous Demon

    3. Executioner's Chariot

    4. Giant Lord

    5. Prowling Magus and Congregation

    6. The Skeleton Lords

    7. The Last Giant

    8. Flexile Sentry

    9. Dragonrider

    10. The Duke's Dear Freja

    11. Old Iron King

    12. The Pursuer

    13. Mytha, The Baneful Queen

    14. Velstadt, The Royal Aegis

    15. Looking Glass Knight

    16. Nashandra

    17. Royal Rat Vanguard

    18. Old Dragonslayer

    19. Scorpioness Najka

    20. Demon of Song

    21. Twin Dragonriders

    22. The Rotten

    23. Ruin Sentinels

    24. Smelter Demon

    25. Lost Sinner

    26. Throne Watcher and Defender

    submitted by /u/cordashio75
    [link] [comments]

    TBSkyen continues his Dark Souls 2 blind play through/analysis of the games bosses with Velstadt

    Posted: 04 May 2020 10:49 AM PDT

    Please try giving this series a chance if you haven't already! TBSkyen is an amateur art historian and a professional artist with a focus on character design, in his Dark Souls series he attempts to analyze the bosses of the game while playing through it blind for the first time.

    Velstadt Video

    Dark Souls 2 playlist

    Original Dark Souls playlist

    submitted by /u/Street-Return2
    [link] [comments]

    Why the hate?

    Posted: 04 May 2020 02:27 PM PDT

    I've played a lot of bloodborne and passed DSR and DS3. Didn't like DSR nearly as much as bloodborne or DS3. Before I start DS2SotFS (picked it up on PSN for 10 bucks so why not) why does it get so much hate compared to the other 2?

    submitted by /u/ConnorofRivia
    [link] [comments]

    Late game?

    Posted: 04 May 2020 02:11 PM PDT

    So I just killed the looking Glass Knight is he considered late game or mid game

    submitted by /u/Needy89
    [link] [comments]

    Need advice

    Posted: 04 May 2020 02:00 PM PDT

    Anybody got some tips for my next attempt at a no death run?

    submitted by /u/masterninja3402
    [link] [comments]

    favourite soulsborne bosses?

    Posted: 04 May 2020 01:45 PM PDT

    im trying to put together a top 10 soulsborne bosses ranking. please could you tell me what some of your favourites are. i need them to be in order, thanks

    submitted by /u/Strandtypegame
    [link] [comments]

    Disappearing Enemys

    Posted: 04 May 2020 01:37 PM PDT

    So I recently started a new playthrough of Scholar and was in Hides Tower and something odd happened that I've never seen before, so I want to farm alil but and also try to get the Hides knights armor so first the Old Knight by the Bonfire disappeard and never respawn, so I farmed the Hide Knight by the entrance and the one after the first Old Knight by the Bonfire , well after farming about 11k in souls and getting a couple armor pieces they disappeared too and never respawn, well I went to Mjula and leveled up and Bonfire Jumped back to Hides Tower and The 2 Hide Knights and the Old Knight never responded back, this ever happened to anyone else? At first I thought it was a glitch but I don't know, after leaving and coming back and they were still gone I was very confused bc normal if it was a glitch that would have fixed it.

    submitted by /u/Arcticsword463
    [link] [comments]

    Help on drangelic castle

    Posted: 04 May 2020 01:22 PM PDT

    I need a sunlight warrior summon sign please

    submitted by /u/interrgalactic
    [link] [comments]

    Just submitted my Platinum Trophy Flair request

    Posted: 04 May 2020 01:09 PM PDT

    As the title says, I just submitted requests for DS1, DS2, DS3, and BB. Does anyone know how I will know if and when they've been approved?

    submitted by /u/rleach1001
    [link] [comments]

    Boss help

    Posted: 04 May 2020 12:57 PM PDT

    Hello, can anyone please help me with Aldia? Sun warriors gettin coins

    submitted by /u/interrgalactic
    [link] [comments]

    And it was going so well...

    Posted: 04 May 2020 12:55 PM PDT

    Sooo... things happened, some I'm proud of, some I'm not so proud of. Only got 1 attempt in today because of how long it lasted. Found out the Estoc that Lenigrast sells is op. Fast forward to huntsman's copse and I get stunlocked to death by hollow theives... fuck those guys, I hate them.

    submitted by /u/masterninja3402
    [link] [comments]

    I'm gonna start drawing Dark Souls bosses, any suggestions?

    Posted: 04 May 2020 12:44 PM PDT

    Im an amateur artist so please dont expect any of these to be insanely good

    submitted by /u/Perry_Thy_Platypus
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment