• Breaking News

    Friday, July 23, 2021

    Dark Souls 2 INSANE inputlag with mouse+keyboard

    Dark Souls 2 INSANE inputlag with mouse+keyboard


    INSANE inputlag with mouse+keyboard

    Posted: 23 Jul 2021 08:23 AM PDT

    to be fair this one was my fault

    Posted: 23 Jul 2021 06:22 AM PDT

    Just got this game, loving it so far! 10/10 game

    Posted: 22 Jul 2021 08:59 PM PDT

    Just beat Fume Knight!

    Posted: 23 Jul 2021 11:26 AM PDT

    I overestimated the fight, I died more times to blue smelter demon than the Fume Knight...

    submitted by /u/LameCooper
    [link] [comments]

    [OC] You have to admit, as annoying as she is Fencer Sharron's got some great fashion souls

    Posted: 23 Jul 2021 12:18 PM PDT

    Say NO to animal cruelty

    Posted: 23 Jul 2021 08:17 AM PDT

    Majula=Beautiful

    Posted: 22 Jul 2021 02:53 PM PDT

    He is everywhere in scholar of the 1st sin and it’s so annoying ��

    Posted: 22 Jul 2021 02:34 PM PDT

    Sinh, the Slumbering Dragon (ng+ no damage)

    Posted: 23 Jul 2021 11:34 AM PDT

    The Sounds this thing made creeped me out

    Posted: 23 Jul 2021 12:37 AM PDT

    Miracle Only Run pt. 5

    Posted: 23 Jul 2021 11:37 AM PDT

    Part 1

    Part 2

    Part 3

    Part 4

    The Rules:

    1. All damage must be done with miracles ONLY
    2. No Sorceries, Pyromancies or Hexes, even if they don't damage
    3. No Attunement Glitch

    So things snowballed a bit today. First stop was the doors of Pharros to kill the Rat Authority. It took a couple tries to get Soul Appease off before I got swarmed, but after that it was pretty easy. With both rat bosses dead I bought a fursuit the Flying Feline Boots from Shalquoir. Combined with the Silvercat Ring that's almost as good as Fall Control. From there I asceticed the Skeleton Lords and did them again for the Clear Bluestone Ring +2. Not much to say about that fight, it's not all that hard when you have a giant stack of Alluring Skulls. Last stop was in the Forest of Fallen Giants for the Heavy Iron Key.

    With the preliminaries out of the way I was ready to head into Brume Tower. When you can survive long falls it's pretty easy to skip large portions of it and Alluring Skulls will keep Ashen Warriors off your back while they last, but there were still some hangups. The first major one was That One Room with the Iron Giant. You know the one. What ended up happening was that I herded the barrel carriers into it, found just the right angle to deal enough damage to the iron giant to get him wandering around, then just went AFK until he stumbled into enough carriers to die. With him out of the way it was just a matter of tossing skulls and pulling the lever, then sprinting to the next bonfire. The next tough part was the Gate Room. Fume Sorcerers are a pain to fight at range and it mostly devolved into tickle fights again, though they can tickle a lot harder than I can. Eventually I wore them down through attrition and made it through, almost dying to the Iron Warrior again before getting everything open. The side tower with the Scorching Scepter went great. Skulls for the stokers, jump off the ledge to avoid Rachel, more skulls and run away.

    With the elevators active it was just a matter of platforming down to the bottom floor (dying 3 times trying to make the statue jump), wedging the idols and facing Fume Knight. And then I wiped the floor with him on my first try. I was fully expecting to have to grind this one out, do a training montage and pull out all the stops. But it turns out my genius strategy of "backpedal continuously and throw lightning in his face every time he does a combo" worked perfectly well, even with low damage. To be fair, it took me a long time to perfect that strategy the first time I faced him as a hexer years ago. But with arguably the hardest boss in the game killed and the last piece of the build collected, there really wasn't any reason to put off the end of the game any longer.

    Aldia's Keep goes really fast when you ignore all the side areas. (Small note, I was actually wrong about Soul Appease not waking up mimics, but the metal ones are really weak to lightning so they generally die before they can do much.) Guardian Dragon isn't actually weak to lightning, but that doesn't matter much when I throw a Sunlight Spear in its face then get under it and cook it with Heavenly Thunder. Dragon Aerie I skipped completely. Dragon Shrine I tore through with little difficulty. The glowing dragon knight put up a fight but none of the other champions did. I decided to take on the Ancient Dragon because it looked really easy when Distorion2 did it, and it was. Heavenly Thunder literally couldn't miss. Giant Lord I had a lot of experience with already with previous farming runs, so he went down easy. Watcher and Defender took some actual effort, mostly because of the shields. They still didn't stand that much of a chance. And then Nashandra went pretty much exactly like the end of Happy Souls. I didn't really want to deal with Vendrick or Aldia so I just sat on the throne and let the credits roll.

    So my final thoughts: a pure miracle challenge run is a seriously difficult way to start the game, but it completely ceases to be a challenge once the build starts coming together. And it actually came together a bit sooner than I'd previously thought. Pretty much as soon as you have 3 Emit Force, 2 Heavenly Thunder, a fully upgraded chime, the Saint's Hood and 40-50 Attunement you have a pretty effective caster build. There's really no reason to even struggle at the beginning like I did, since Clerics start with arguably the best starting weapon and can lean on that for a long time. If you also get enough Dex for a Shortbow and poison arrows, that can cover your sniping weakness at long ranges. To say nothing of the Bow of Want. I'm not going to face any of the other DLC bosses. Even after I respecced to use the Defender's Greatsword.

    submitted by /u/TheHittite
    [link] [comments]

    The electrons going to From's servers to tell me there is no new information

    Posted: 22 Jul 2021 06:54 PM PDT

    What will be the easiest way to acquire Souls to level. Looking to get my Faith to around 20.

    Posted: 23 Jul 2021 02:30 PM PDT

    Beaten every From game but this one

    Posted: 23 Jul 2021 12:06 PM PDT

    About to jump in. Always stayed away from 2 because of the discourse around it but I'm gonna take the plunge.

    Any tips from the crafty vets here? Things to look out for/do different? I don't care about spoilers.

    submitted by /u/Erkstudwell
    [link] [comments]

    Just picked up this game as a series vet and am not sure how to feel

    Posted: 23 Jul 2021 02:00 PM PDT

    I've played every other soulsborne game that's been available on ps4 (some of them I've played through more times than I can even remember) and I just got DS2 today. I wasn't expecting to have my mind blown or anything, but I'm disappointed even considering my heavily managed expectations. It feels so off-brand, almost like I'm playing a souls-like. Mind you, I'm not very far at all. Does the game get better and feel more like a souls game as you persist, or does it feel strange in the wrong way the whole way through?

    submitted by /u/wapple41
    [link] [comments]

    What are the best light armors for the final stages of the game

    Posted: 23 Jul 2021 01:46 PM PDT

    Guys, I'm in the last part of the game, I'm playing melee and I increased very little vitality, what is the best light armor I can use right now?

    submitted by /u/Weritoz
    [link] [comments]

    He surprises me every time.

    Posted: 23 Jul 2021 12:18 AM PDT

    Question about farming

    Posted: 23 Jul 2021 08:05 AM PDT

    Greetings, fellow curse bearers! So I was just looking to farm some items in-game, and I was just skimming though Reddit & other forums when I stumbled upon some minor conflicting points n posts.

    Ok, anyone who has tried their hand at farming knows the holy trinity of the Jester's Hood, CGS Ring +1 & the Watchdragon's Parma, with a slight dusting of Rusted Coins as the cherry on top.

    However (this might just be me misinterpreting the posts), I have noticed that some people have claimed that stacking 'too much' Item Discovery turns into a placebo effect where you think you're maxing out ID but they end up finding items less often than when they were having a less total ID bonus.

    I'm sorry if I made that a bit too convoluted. TL;DR ppl were mentioning that equipping less ID had them yielding better drops than maxing it all the way for some reason.

    Could I have some kind souls in the subreddit help confirm this strange phenomenon? Or am I just going crazy and hollow? Just wanted to ask before I spend hours farming.

    Oh, and where would be the best place to farm Shadow masks? I know they drop off the Suspicious Shadow mobs, but where would be the best spawn spot that is the closest to a Bonfire to allow for easy farming?

    I sincerely thank all you kind souls out there who took their time out of their day to read this post, and an even greater thanks if you could leave some feedback & advice in the comments below. Long may the sun shine on your days, brothers & sisters of the curse. :)

    submitted by /u/PlagueDokktor
    [link] [comments]

    Been seeing a lot of people express trouble with The Pursuer.

    Posted: 23 Jul 2021 05:51 AM PDT

    Hopefully I can help a little bit.

    Generally speaking you want to try and back away from Pursuer until you're just outside of his sword's range to provoke his shield rush attack, since it's the easiest to avoid and punish. And you generally want to always be strafing to his shield side whenever you're not sure what else to do.

    If you do that right, he raises his shield and his sword is low, it means he's about to charge. Just move to the right and he'll miss.

    If you're close and he raises the sword to the left it means he's about to swing it. Dodge roll into the sword as he swings, then back up without blocking to avoid the follow-up shield bash. Then move in close to strafe to his shield side to avoid the final spin attack.

    If he pulls his elbow back and the sword starts to glow blue, you need to react quickly. This attack his ridiculous phantom range, so you either want to circle in close to his shield side and get behind him, dodge roll towards him on his sword side, or VERY quickly dodge or back away as fast as possible to get out of range. Going backwards away from the sword is probably the most dangerous, since you'll be exposed to phantom range.

    If he raises his shield AND his sword arm elbow is up with the sword pointed at you, it means he'll jab twice then do and large overhand smash. Dodge backwards out of range.

    If he drops both his hands and begins to power up with black smoke, it means he's about to spam dark bolts. If possible, immediately get directly behind him for free hits. Otherwise block line of sight however you can.

    Rarely he will raise his sword and throw a magic bolt. Just block or dodge. It doesn't hit that hard anyway.

    Every now and then he will do a quick version of the first two attacks I described, with about half the frames. It's annoying, and completely unpredictable.

    The way you survive and beat the Pursuer is by being patient and not getting greedy. You should wait for your chance between his attacks, and only hit once or twice depending on how fast/slow your weapon is. If you get low on life, do NOT panic and immediately drink estus. Wait for his next attack as listed above and dodge THEN DRINK.

    Use a magic or lightning resin for extra damage.

    A good example of the description below is shown in my deathless run video(linked below with timestamp) at the 39:55 mark.

    https://youtu.be/0nMOS1GD68Q?t=2395

    With a little practice you'll start to get the rhythm and he'll become easy. Don't give up, Skeleton!

    EDIT: Sorry for the potato quality on the vid. Youtube claims it already processed the HD version, but it's full of artifacting anyway. Hopefully it's still watchable.

    submitted by /u/SirCowdog
    [link] [comments]

    Returning to Drangleic

    Posted: 23 Jul 2021 02:38 AM PDT

    Hi guys! I'm a ds2 enthusiast and it is my favorite of the trilogy. I've played the original version on ps3 for over 500 hours, and now I've bought the ps4 version to try the Scholar patch (that is quite different from the ps3 Scholar).

    So during my playthroughs I've tried lots of builds, and for this nostalgic return to Drangleic I'm seeking a fresh, fun, pve build.

    What build should I try? Thanks in advance!

    TL;DR: searching fun and interesting builds to try

    Edit: grammar

    submitted by /u/Imor494
    [link] [comments]

    SL1 run: Pt.4: Finally beat Elana and Gank Squad!!!

    Posted: 23 Jul 2021 11:17 AM PDT

    It took me a good 4-5 days to beat Elana and Gank squad, but I finally did it. I thought Elana would be a breeze, bc on my first DLC run-through she was pretty easy, but then again, that character was SL200 +, and I'm doing SL1, so the power level was quite different. After failing Elana for a couple of days, I tried Gank squad, and they were surprisingly hard too. But finally, I was able to take down the Lucatel wannabe and cheese alva wannabe and havel monster. Then Elana. I went for the summons, but they made the resistances go up more than what they were worth, and I couldn't use a brightbug with them around. So, I ended up beating Elana without summoning, with a brightbug. The real advice is, don't get greedy with Elana, and gank squad. I often found myself overcommitting, and the skeletons/velstadt would kill me, bc I had no stamina to get out. It felt so good, but I still have one more obstacle between me and the sunken crown. Sinh. Luckily I heard Transcendent Edde is actually pretty useful, so wish me luck. If you have any suggestions or tips for SInh, please do comment!

    Equipment: Armour: Engraved Guantlets and flower skirt

    Weapons: Raw rapier +10, dagger +10 (for ripostes), and sometimes raw zwei +10

    Rings: Selection between: Chloranthy, old leo, flynn's, stone ring, ring of the embedded, str ring, dex ring, or simpleton's ring.

    Pt.1

    Pt.2

    Pt.3

    submitted by /u/Fateddy_
    [link] [comments]

    Low FPS after Alt+Tab

    Posted: 23 Jul 2021 10:41 AM PDT

    Hello everyone,

    I've just bought DS 2 SOTFS and since I've gotten to the Forest of Fallen Giants I've starting noticing some serious FPS drops. Serious drop = 45+, but it keeps fluctuating and messes up the input lag and is very noticeable.

    The drops seem to only occur after Alt+Tabbing and go away after restarting the game. However (very rarely) sometimes after Alt+Tabbing back to the game, the FPS stays at maximum (which in my case is 59-60). Otherwise, the game runs smooth at 59-60 FPS.

    Specs: i7 8750H (locked with throttlestop at 2.7 GHz and -100mV as the laptop will catch fire otherwise), NVIDIA GTX 1060 6 GB (overclocked +150 MHz core clock), 16 GB RAM.

    Also, I'm using 2 screens: the laptop one supports 120 Hz and the other one 60, and the game runs in Windowed mode (1920x1080). Don't know how to make it run fullscreen without borders and stuff.

    I've tried disabling the overclock and uninstalled NVIDIA HD Audio Driver (read somewhere on reddit about this).

    Has anyone encountered this issue? Am I missing something?

    submitted by /u/ekorad
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment