• Breaking News

    Monday, December 23, 2019

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 10:10 PM PST

    Welcome to the weekly Dark Souls mod announcement and discussion thread!

    Beware! Use of mods whilst connected to the internet can cause you to get banned from online play!

    For more information, or to continue the discussion visit /r/ModSouls

    Using mods (PC only!) to enhance or add new content to the Souls games is great fun! It is important, however, to understand that mods are against From's EULA/ToS, so there is a great risk of being banned when using them due to From's anti-cheat--which is deployed in most versions of the Souls games.

    Versions of the games where modding is safe due to no anti-cheat:

    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

    Versions of the games where modding carries a very high risk of being banned:

    Dark Souls: Remastered

    Dark Souls II

    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

    Dark Souls III


    Our recommendations for safe modding

    *This advice is intended for first-time or relatively inexperienced modders who want to get into modding without risking a ban on their main Steam account.

    Basic Steps:

    Make a separate Steam account

    Use Steam's Family Sharing feature to provide your new account with access to your main Steam account's game library.

    Install games to be used with the new account in a separate directory.

    Once you've found your mods be sure to read (and follow) the mod author's instructions carefully prior to installation.

    Set Steam to "off line" mode.

    Install the mods and perform any necessary setup.

    Enjoy the fun and interesting experiences offered by mods!

    Be sure to remove all file components of the mod before going back online!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    My 6 Year Old Made Sif.

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 02:46 PM PST

    So I just beat Sif this morning and my 6 year old daughter watched the whole thing. She is now in love with Sif and decided to turn her stuffed Husky into Sif.

    My Daughter Made Sif https://imgur.com/gallery/UBVHKmT

    submitted by /u/Rezboy209
    [link] [comments]

    I painted a Dark Souls stencil art piece for my brother's Christmas gift.

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 12:47 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/Y2EnqTJ

    My brother recently bought and is renovating his first house. He asked me to paint him some art for Christmas, specifically with a Dark Souls theme. I painted him this 36" x 48" piece of spray paint stencil art.

    First picture is the final piece. Second picture was the concept art as I drew it up on the computer. The next 8 pictures are the layers in order it took to paint. Hope you dig it. My brother has seen pictures, and he's stoked.

    submitted by /u/PandaPack
    [link] [comments]

    Me and my friend are doing a 'decade' playthrough

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 04:27 PM PST

    We're going to be playing through all 3 dark souls games, BB and racing to see who can finish Sekiro first in January. We will be killing every boss in every game so we can say that we have done everything in the best game franchise of all time in the new decade.

    submitted by /u/JamesR_42
    [link] [comments]

    Blighttown appreciation thread

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 06:33 AM PST

    Yes, you read that correctly! Let's take a moment to appreciate this mephitic cesspool. What's your favorite part? Toxic blow darts? The poison swamp? Homing mosquitos? Losing your footing and falling to your death through 20 stories of makeshift plank homes? Where does one even begin?!

    submitted by /u/Kdo9000
    [link] [comments]

    Gwyn's Children

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 11:20 PM PST

    Who the hell did he have them with? That's my question, I mean was there another goddess or a powerful being that he had his kids with?

    submitted by /u/DaOriginalReich
    [link] [comments]

    Awesome community

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 07:07 PM PST

    Thank you to whoever helped me with O+S on NG+, I really appreciate it and your bloodborne look for your character was sweet as well!

    submitted by /u/Sberg7
    [link] [comments]

    Need some build advice, first playthrough. Getting frustrated

    Posted: 23 Dec 2019 12:52 AM PST

    I'm on my first DS1 playthrough, trying to work through the whole trilogy for the first time.

    Fellas, I am not really enjoying it much at this point, after just doing O&S, Seath, and New Londo Ruins back to back with what feels like a fucked up build. I hope this gets better because that was a lot of awful stacked together.

    I was going for a HMS build with sorceries but put way too much into strength and realized I was using a weapon that didn't scale. My stats are roughly: 23/12/24/31/18/8/19 vit/att/end/str/dex/faith/int. I'm also not really enjoying the sorcery aspect. Takes so long to cast spells and I just feel like a sitting duck. I'm willing to give that up if going for a knuckledragger black knight greatsword build is the best option here?

    I'm really struggling to enjoy this game after coming off Bloodborne, and I'm hoping it's just my build. Everyone complains about Sen's and Blighttown but I actually enjoyed those areas.

    submitted by /u/OldGehrman
    [link] [comments]

    Old BB player about to start Dark Souls

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 09:55 AM PST

    I've been reading around and I think I am going to start with Dark Souls Remastered. Is the Online player the same as Bloodborne from the start? Ring a bell and have players join? Are players still active? I really loved bloodborne and beat it a couple times and wanted to play something similar. Any tips to take from the start? Any build recommendations?

    Edit: Starting off as a Wanderer, going for a Quality Build, hoping to use some magic to

    submitted by /u/ScarWarda
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls is benevolent

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 02:26 PM PST

    I purchased, the trilogy last year. I gave it a shot and i heavily disliked it. I thought the difficulty was based on clunky controls and the world was too grim to provide any incentive to push through. A year later I decided to try it again this time encountering a video that said Dark Souls is more about positioning rather than split second reflexes and that made the game much more managable. Still hard but felt possible to get through. Still I didn't like the bleakness and the overall dark tone to the game. However I found an article talking about how Dark Souls is really a benevolent game and that caused me to change my outlook of the game. Suddenly the world made a lot of sense, and all of the little world mechanics are there for a reason. Pretty trippy. I'm still a little early in the game, so I hope I don't reach a point where I'm permanently stuck . I just wanted to say I heavily misjudged this game

    submitted by /u/randyy101
    [link] [comments]

    Has a riposte crit's invulnerability frames ever saved you?

    Posted: 23 Dec 2019 03:41 AM PST

    I'm just curious, have any of you gotten in a situation where you riposte crit or backstabbed an enemy, and the invulnerability frames saved your life from some other super heavy attack?

    submitted by /u/Elcotonex
    [link] [comments]

    First playthrough, attacked andre

    Posted: 23 Dec 2019 03:36 AM PST

    Sat on my controller coming back to chair. Should I just restart game? I'm level 64 with only +10 weps and working on filling the lordvessel atm. Im literally crying right now

    submitted by /u/msullivan92
    [link] [comments]

    Finally, I did it.

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 10:02 AM PST

    After 3 months I did it, this is one of my games I loved every second of it and feel so accomplished that I succeeded. I am happy to move to my next soul game. I either going bb or ds2 what do you recommend?

    submitted by /u/jamba3107
    [link] [comments]

    Help

    Posted: 23 Dec 2019 02:27 AM PST

    Any tips for 4 king's on ng+ ?

    submitted by /u/ScorTitan
    [link] [comments]

    Coming from Bloodborne made this game too easy for me.

    Posted: 23 Dec 2019 02:12 AM PST

    Hi all! So i've been a huge fan of the souls games for a while, I have played all of them except dark souls 1 and Bloodborne is my favorite I have close to a thousand hours in the game and I managed to get a switch and pick up dark souls remastered to finally experience ds1 for the first time.

    I quickly noticed the game wasn't near as hard as I had heard from people, I was going long periods of time without dying to anything but falls (I fell off the edge so damn much lol) I was sure that since I'd experienced all the newer souls games that I was just 'too good' for the game but after finishing the game once and starting a second playthrough I noticed something.

    On my first run I started as a Wonderer and kept the same armor and starting weapons the whole game as I never felt the need too and I never ever used the shield, I just figured out the invincibility in the dodges and rolled through almost every boss attack, I picked this up because of how long i'd spent in Bloodborne and the importance of dodges in that game.

    However on my second playthrough I decided I wanted to try and go more heavy and use a greatsword, dealing with a fat roll meant that I couldn't dodge around the bosses as easily as I had before so I was forced to use the shield and the game became much much harder the second time around.

    submitted by /u/Preatorian60-
    [link] [comments]

    accidentally hit blacksmith in undead parish, help?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 10:11 PM PST

    aha pls help i tried swinging the zweihander before leveling up my strength and i hit him instead

    submitted by /u/linduuhh
    [link] [comments]

    Tips for preventing curse?

    Posted: 23 Dec 2019 01:43 AM PST

    So, my next mission is to go into the depths. I already died once down there and learned the wonders of the curse effect. I purged myself, but i also read up that the more humanity i hold the higher my curse resistance goes up (time to farm the damn rats!) . Do you guys have any other tips for preventing curse/killing of basilisks quickly?

    submitted by /u/Elcotonex
    [link] [comments]

    Differing Experiences for Bosses...

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 09:53 PM PST

    Which "hard" bosses in the series have you found easy? Which "easy" bosses have given you trouble? What builds were you using?

    Personally, I've had a pretty difficult time with the Capra Demon in DS1 nearly every time I've faced him. He was actually my first big hurdle in the game and it took me a week or two of playing every couple of nights to finally defeat him. On that same playthrough (high vitality build with uchigatana), I was able to beat Ornstein and Smough on my first try with no summons. I've played through DS1 twice more as a sorcerer and pyro and had the same experience. Never died to O&S but died at least 50 times to the Capra Demon.

    DS3 was my first game and I finished my first playthrough with high Vitality and the Fume Knight Greatsword. I fought Aldritch at least 25 times in a row (used all of my embers) and finally barely beat him... but then got the Nameless King on the first try with the help of a sunbro.

    I still haven't beaten DS2. Ashamed to say I had more trouble with the dragonrider than any other boss so far (just beat The Rotten and now working my way through iron keep with a cleric build).

    What have y'alls boss experiences been like?

    submitted by /u/ShroomsMan123
    [link] [comments]

    Black Iron Set, any good?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 09:45 PM PST

    Hey! This is my first run, having lots of fun (when not crying).

    Just got to Anor Londo and found this set in the church to left of the giant painting.

    I'm running a Knight type of character and I love it so far, still wearing the Knight set, with Broadsword and Kite Shield, and has work for me really well (not including when I needed extra poison or some kind of specific resistance), I haven't been temped to switch the set since I upgraded my Endurance pretty early and have been able to Mid roll no problem. If I use Havel's ring, I'm still able to Mid Roll and can switch to using this Armor, which stats look pretty solid to me.

    Just wanted to confirm that this might be a good choice for this type of character, and that it is not just me and that this set is actually good.

    submitted by /u/joshmusik
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat Ornstein and Smough for the first time

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 07:33 PM PST

    I used all my humanity summoning Solarie and on my last humanity I beat them, they were tough even with summoning, I beat DS3 about 5 times and never summoned once so I feel as though I deserve to summon in this game lol

    Also I just got the lord vessel, where do I go now?

    submitted by /u/Kwopp
    [link] [comments]

    Estoc or Rapier

    Posted: 23 Dec 2019 12:45 AM PST

    im starting a new build so i want to know

    submitted by /u/JakubMemikMaker
    [link] [comments]

    I just realised something (massive spoilers)

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 02:46 PM PST

    The darkwraiths of ds1 aren't really "bad" in the sense that a whole town was flooded because the abyss spawned there, the darkwraiths let loose upon the town, is bullshit. Gwyn and the god's feared the abyss and anything abyss related. Including the darkwraiths. The darkwraiths look to pillage humanity from any undead they can, and it says that man should fear them. But they are more human then the stunted race of humanity Gwyn inflicted the undead curse on. Constantly losing their minds and thus their humanity to the undead curse, the darkwraiths look to balance that instability. At the cost of the weak Ofc. The darkwraithes pillage humanity for Kaathe who is looking for the next dark lord. He will rise up and take his rightful place as the ruler of humanity and bringer of the dark age.

    Ofc there really is no bad or good guy technically. The story is yours to decide who you side with. I just always felt a little sorry for the misunderstood darkwraiths, "the enemy of man"

    Haha I always end up becoming a darkwraiths. Forest covenant first. Then when the "truth" is revealed I go and take the lord vessel to my man Kaathe. With his weird beard.

    I hope I have brought some enlightenment to some fellow undead tho. Have a merry Christmas everyone!

    submitted by /u/Stubbornskelly
    [link] [comments]

    Knight Kirk

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 03:32 PM PST

    I met knight Kirk in the depths in ng+ and now he won't invade me in the Demon ruins. I'm not hollow nor have I done firesage yet.

    submitted by /u/Rektar29
    [link] [comments]

    Accidentally Dropped Armor

    Posted: 22 Dec 2019 08:26 PM PST

    Playing warrior class. Picked up the elite knight armor in Dark Root Garden and later dropped the set before I had the bottomless box. I don't believe I can get it again.

    Will I find something else comparable? I've just been upgrading the leather armor I have, but have a helm from the bell gargoyle fight.

    submitted by /u/CrepesofNath
    [link] [comments]

    Snuggly trading not working?

    Posted: 23 Dec 2019 12:11 AM PST

    I put a item that can be traded into Snuggly's nest but it's not working and I don't know if I'm doing something wrong. I've rung the first bell if that has anything to do with it.

    submitted by /u/MadMichael72
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment