• Breaking News

    Tuesday, July 27, 2021

    Dark Souls I finally realized why Artorias is in the arena that he is [Potential Spoilers]

    Dark Souls I finally realized why Artorias is in the arena that he is [Potential Spoilers]


    I finally realized why Artorias is in the arena that he is [Potential Spoilers]

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 04:39 PM PDT

    I don't mean in Oolacile, but rather the specific arena we fight him in.

    Obviously he's in Oolacile to stop the Abyss, everyone knows that, and by looking at the Abyss and the elevator that leads up we can see the trail he left from the Chasm of the Abyss up to the arena he's in now. But the question I never asked until recently is, why did he go that far to leave the Abyss?

    If he was getting corrupted by it and becoming like the creatures that live there, surely he would linger somewhere IN the Abyss right? Even if he still had his senses about him and wasn't corrupt yet, Manus can't get out of his boss arena, so its not like he needs to go far to get away from him, and the humanity sprites should be fairly easy to slay for a knight of Gwyn, even an injured one. The likely answer for me then is he was going to get help, and then it hit me. He was going to the one friend left who he knows is right nearby.

    He was going to Gough.

    Think about it, Gough's little tower is right near the Artorias boss arena, and Gough mentions repeatedly that he and Artorias were "dear friends." I find it unlikely that Artorias wouldn't have at least a general idea of where his friend went after the war, and with both Sif and Alvina unable to help, surely the next best place to go is to try and find your fellow knight and comrade in arms. Even if he can't help the corruption, at least it's a familiar face.

    Maybe I missed something that blows all of this out of the water, but I thought it was an interesting idea regardless.

    submitted by /u/Eye_For_The_Unusual
    [link] [comments]

    Is a balder side sword +9 better than a silver knight straight sword?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 01:08 PM PDT

    I'm not sure what to use for O&S and I also have a lightning spear

    submitted by /u/SPED-69
    [link] [comments]

    Iron Golem - OC Fan Art - Part of an Illustrated Tribute To Dark Souls (more info on Imgur Link)

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 10:01 AM PDT

    First time playing this game ever.

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 08:28 AM PDT

    It's the first time I've played this, and yet I get a strange feeling when playing. I have a massive sensation of nostalgia for a game I've never played? Exploring this world feels like exploring a PlayStation one game when I was 5 years old again. I can't quite nail what it is but I feel like I played this game in another lifetime or something. I'm so drawn to this universe and can't stop thinking about it when I put the game down. I am absolutely hooked and can't stop playing.

    Edit: The response to this has been crazy, and it's helped me guage a better understanding of the feeling I get from this game. I believe it's like a lot of you have said, not nostalgia for this game in particular but nostalgia for this kind of game design. The amount of mystery, fear and uncertainty is something unseen in new games. Locked doors, hidden paths, gates that you just want to get behind. Surprise bosses and new enemies as you go along its incredible going along this journey and discovering this world. I miss gaming like this but I'm just glad that I discovered dark souls because it's the exact game I've been craving as of late

    submitted by /u/MessyBarresi
    [link] [comments]

    First time Dark Souls

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 12:39 AM PDT

    I want to start my first Dark Souls run and I have two questions before I start:

    I want to play pyromancy and Dex is it a good build?

    Should I block or Dodge?

    Do you have some other advise?

    submitted by /u/Shirokuroko
    [link] [comments]

    Don't be afraid to restart the game

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 10:20 PM PDT

    (Typing on mobile, sorry if the formatting is garbage)

    I'm at Sen's Fortress while level 40, I have full elite knight armor with a crest shield and one handing a Divine Zweihander. My stats are 20 Vitality/23 Endurance/24 Strength (To meet the Zweihander requirements)/Including 12 Dex/Resistance.

    I ended up not enjoying it at all, I hated the Zweihanders slow attack and low damage, and I also hated how squishy I felt despite going for a tanky build, Including at level 40 and seeing youtubers deal WAAAAAY more damage at a much lower level. I decided to restart the game and ended up having way more fun.

    I picked a bandit and just decided to play as a bruiser, Im level 18 with 20 Vitality/Strength, I already feel stronger than my last playthrough, I enjoy the bandits beginning weapons attack patterns, his armor which means I don't fat roll all the time (I didn't even have the ring to increase equipment load in my last playthrough, fat rolling in every boss fight was annoying after awhile).

    All in all, my new playthrough is more enjoyable. I know that not everyone will be able to start over so easily (Depending on how much they have to lose) but if you're character makes the game frustrating to play because you levelled your stats in a bad way and just feel awful, don't be afraid to restart your game if it means enjoying it while playing it.

    Lastly, I even learned more about the game thanks to restarting, where the pyromancy upgrades are, how in blightown there's a merchant which sells a whole array of special bit expensive weapons (Don't know if it's in blightown or not, just something I saw on youtube which I took note of). So that'll make this playthrough even more interesting.

    submitted by /u/coolll564
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls Remastered Debug Mode

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 02:35 AM PDT

    Hello redditors, Im currently playing all the dark souls games through pc. I wanted to look for developer stuffs and thing that are not in the final game or whatsover. I love to explore the unseen places in games so Im trying to install the debug mode.

    Any tips or guide where I can launch my dark souls remastered in debug mode?

    Any help or guide is appreciated, peace. :D

    submitted by /u/ds_user
    [link] [comments]

    Punishments for my next Playthrough

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 04:30 AM PDT

    Hey, I would like to make a wheel of fortune ("wheel of suffering" is probably a more fitting name lol) that I will spin after every death. Every field is supposed to be a different punishment, but I still lack of many ideas.

    In-game punishments like"don't pick up your souls", but also things that affect me in real life are things I wanna include. I'm open for any suggestions

    submitted by /u/IGioGioAmDepressed
    [link] [comments]

    Does defeating an area boss in remastered stop you from being able to summon anyone?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 01:21 AM PDT

    E.g If you defeat Manus can you no longer summon in oolacile township?

    And if it means no summons does it also stop invasion signs?

    Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/ThePurpleYoYo123
    [link] [comments]

    Izalith’s real downfall was Ceaseless

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 03:32 AM PDT

    I was listening to a "lore to fall asleep to" video by the Ashen Hollow and i had a realization. Even with the bed of chaos incident, and gwyn's war on the demons, Izalith was on a very clear decline in dark souls 1. But you know what did the most damage? Ceaseless Discharge. He was named the ceaseless discharge as he constantly leaked lava through his many sores, something that was to be remedied by the orange charred ring that eventually became the centipede demon. With the loss of his sister's gift, the prince of Izalith slowly buried the kingdom he never got to inherit, focused only on the remains of his sister. The izalith we see is nearly fully buried in lava downstream of Prince Izalith. Izalith was very clearly based on angkor wat, a very large temple. And what is a civilization without a city? The city of demons was there, under the lava. Losing demons can bring a civilization down, but the loss of a home can keep it down. This is why i believe ceaseless, while a mediocre boss in gameplay, was the most important boss in the overall story of Izalith.

    submitted by /u/Duffy1722
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to change the title of the areas ingame ?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 03:31 AM PDT

    I wanted to know if it is possible to change the name of the in-game areas on the remastered version of the game. Like changing Anor Londo, or Sen's Fortress name

    submitted by /u/ar_lec
    [link] [comments]

    A question I’m sure has been asked 1000 tiems

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 12:40 AM PDT

    So I've just bought DS1 remastered yesterday, I completed the game years back when it released on the 360.

    Is it worth me investing time into the game to git gud?

    Spent about an hour playing last night and got off just before gargoyles.. so far too early for me to tell if the pvp is still really active?

    I'll be playing it through regardless, but DS1 was always my favourite and I'd love to spend the time here doing pvp over ds3.

    What SL is the most common for pvp now? 120?

    Any high SL pvp? Would be cool doing some SL700 pvp

    Thanks for any replies, I'm playing on PS5 if anyone is interested in joining me for some pvp.. once I've gotten to grips with the game again

    submitted by /u/vitalsigns1993
    [link] [comments]

    darksouls pvp in a nutshell

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 11:56 AM PDT

    ayo ima backstab you from a running attack while facing you headon

    submitted by /u/ZHIKIX
    [link] [comments]

    Prayer of A Maiden

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 10:31 PM PDT

    Going for my prayer of a maiden trophy, if any one has any tips or tricks to help me along that would be great! Just grabbed the lord vessel and my latest miracle obtained was emit force from 🧅 bro. As always praise the sun 🌞 (\T/)

    submitted by /u/Jamboi44
    [link] [comments]

    Best katana

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 11:39 PM PDT

    ^ help me out

    submitted by /u/vSalvy
    [link] [comments]

    Need advice on weapon leveling

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 01:19 AM PDT

    I'm pretty new to dark souls and just started playing ds1 remastered. I'm not too deep in yet but I was looking for advice on best weapon upgrades for a strength build. I haven't gotten to any ascension upgrades yet but I was wondering if I should make any of my weapons divine or chaos or something or upgrading to fire or electric. I've read a bit on it but I'm not %100 on what path I should take. It seems like I should go +15 instead but I would like some experienced opinions (I will probably make a divine weapon for the catacombs at the least tho). I just finished Sen's fortress so I'm not too far in yet, I just don't want to waste too many materials going in the wrong direction. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Crazy_good_suicide
    [link] [comments]

    Killimg kalameet everyday (day 3 re upload, my original post was glitched and wouldnt register the video link)

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 06:25 PM PDT

    https://youtu.be/FdDXLvdkgO0

    PS : Using smoughs hammer against artorias and kalameet is not a smart decision

    submitted by /u/Panterafan316
    [link] [comments]

    Killing Kalameet every day until I go hollow (day 4)

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 04:07 AM PDT

    https://youtu.be/zFXOwisa0Yw

    Weapons I have used so far day 1 - greatsword day 2 - obsidian greatsword day 3 - smoughs hammer day 4 - golems axe

    I should have done this sooner but if you guys want to watch my whole process of character creation up to artorias you can check out my streams (just started this today) on twitch @ mr_mooneyes [these will also be uploaded to my YT in a separate category]

    again I appreciate everyone who is as invested into this series as I am, have a great day!

    submitted by /u/Panterafan316
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you community ❤️

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 03:55 AM PDT

    I'd just like to say I absolutely love this community! I only really discovered Dark Souls last year and it basically saved my life during lockdown - the perfect way to pass the time, even if it did lead to a few moments of unparalleled rage.

    Of course, being the noob that I was, I asked this community quite a lot of questions, and tbh I expected the typical "get gud" answers that most people receive online.

    But I was quite wrong. I truly love this community, and this game. Thank you all for your help ❤️ and just for being people to talk to when the real world has gone to shit

    And of course, Praise the Sun!!

    submitted by /u/NoUsernameHereNow
    [link] [comments]

    Me and my staff made it to Anor Londo! (Staff Melee Only Run)

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 09:53 PM PDT

    With nothing but my staff, some good luck, and plenty of cheesy goodness.. we've made it to Anor Londo!

    Damage is becoming a massive issue now (the Iron Golem only took ~25 damage a hit) so a bit of grinding to get the Tin Banishment Catalyst back into relevancy is going to be needed. So far this has been a wonderfully terrible idea and with Smough and Ornstein up next I'm already regretting my life choices!

    Taurus Demon: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1098427748

    Bellfry Gargoyles: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1098430012

    Capra Demon: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1098433630

    Gaping Dragon: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1098437886

    Moonlight Butterfly: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1099381141

    Spider Waifu Quelaag: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1099383012 (First Boss death in the run D': )

    Ceaseless Discharge: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1099384919

    Iron Golem: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1099387066 (I was 100% expecting to not have enough damage to pull off the gimmick here)

    submitted by /u/GurhGurhGurh
    [link] [comments]

    Finally...

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 01:40 PM PDT

    This is probably something that's posted in here several times a day so apologies in advance, I just wanted to share with someone.

    I finally completed Dark Souls (Remastered), having been attempting it once or twice a year since 2011/12 and getting no further than blight town. I would always just give up and forget about it for a few months, then I would load it back up, create a new save and the same would happen.

    However, this time was different, I felt a sense of urgency and inspiration to finally conquer this behemoth of a game. And I finally did it, today I finally killed the Lord of Cinder. This feels like my biggest gaming achievement since the day I started playing (Crash Bandicoot 1 on PS1 @ age 3). I know to many this is nothing and waltzing through a run of the game is just another day at the office, but to me this was a massive challenge.

    So I guess it's onto the next games, any advice for the next 2?

    p.s. I know this community loves Solaire but I had to put him down, as he went mad. sorry.

    TLDR: Finally beat the game after almost 10 years of trying. also killed Solaire,sorry.

    submitted by /u/ArdWoody
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment