• Breaking News

    Monday, July 26, 2021

    Dark Souls 2 hey guys I did it, finished my first playthrough in 69 hours

    Dark Souls 2 hey guys I did it, finished my first playthrough in 69 hours


    hey guys I did it, finished my first playthrough in 69 hours

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 09:43 AM PDT

    Onion pal in the wild (on the right.)

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 02:23 AM PDT

    First time playing and I already love the char creator

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 12:05 PM PDT

    Putin gives you +10 strength

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 09:37 AM PDT

    This is my ultra dodge mechanic before leveling ADP.

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 11:30 AM PDT

    This game is fantastic!

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 10:12 AM PDT

    I'm about 8 hours in I'm having such a good time with it. Doing a blind playthrough in terms of progression and whatnot.

    After hearing so much negativity around the game, I reluctantly bought it at 75% off from the Xbox store.

    I'm thankful I did.

    After nearly 100%ing DS1:R and DS3, I've grown bored of the two.

    This game's uniqueness vs the other two is often cited as a reason why "DS2 bad," but in my opinion it's the best possible thing for the series.

    I like the level design, the game is (mostly) gorgeous, and it's not half as linear as DS3 is (thank God).

    Looks like build variety and fashion souls are top notch.

    If I had to describe it simply, this game feels like a much more gritty, tactical "true" RPG than either of the others, and I love it for that.

    It's not without its flaws, but the same goes for 1 and 3.

    I'm most excited that this game is quite long, and I can't wait to enjoy minute of it.

    /TedTalk Over

    Where does this game fall on the spectrum for you:

    As a Dark Souls game?

    As a game in general?

    submitted by /u/Jinbrah
    [link] [comments]

    Finally cleared Frigid Outskirts... Here´s a guide.

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 11:23 AM PDT

    Finally cleared Frigid Outskirts... Here´s a guide.

    We all know how unreasonably infuriating this area is. In principle, the idea of a frozen landscape with a heavy blizzard that you have to avoid while taking cover in ruined buildings sounds super cool, and I think it adds to the immense beauty of this DLC. However, it´s not so fun when you have to fight the single most annoying enemy in the game every five minutes (sometimes gank squads of them). It´s especially disappointing when the boss is just two reskins of another boss you already fought. However, the main reward is arguably the best and coolest-looking dex greatsword in the game, and for that single reason I think it´s worth giving it a try.

    So, for anyone struggling, here´s some tips:

    • The reindeer spawn constantly in "spawn zones", as opposed to how all other enemies in the game behave. There´s three spawn zones in the level: one between the first and second ruins, one between the second and third, and another between the third and the canyon leading to the boss. Note that no reindeer will spawn before the first building (unless you go the opposite direction you´re supposed to go), and the last zone can spawn two of the fuckers at the same time.
    • The reindeer can fortunately be despawned after killing them enough times (10-15 times), and this has to be done per spawn zone. The easiest and least frustrating strategy to clear the area is to summon the three npcs and together drive the horsies to extintion. This is obviously time consuming (you might have to kill more than 40), but it´s not a total waste of time given that they have a small chance of dropping Petrified Dragon Bones. (Dragon Aerie is still a better farm location). As they spawn continuously, you don´t have to return to the bonfire and you can do it in one go. You might choose to just clear the first two areas, and it´s much more manageable to run to the boss from the third.
    • Their headbutt charge attack is damn difficult to dodge, so it´s a better idea to block it with a high stability shield. They are prone to stun locking if you use the stone ring and a fast weapon, or to staggering if you 2H a Great Hammer.
    • A faster strategy, but less effective, is to summon one or more npcs to distract the horsies while you run straight to the boss. Note that they can spawn from any direction, so they will still surprise you and potentially kill you. If you plan on soloing the boss, this is viable, just be sure to send the summons back. However, if you want to fight the boss with them, this is not a very good idea as their health will be halved by the horsies, and they could even get pushed down the canyon to oblivion.
    • Regarding the bosses, for some reason they reduce your weapon´s durability like crazy, so you will need more than one weapon (up to three), or repair powder. Alternatively, use the Santier´s Spear (which is also good at stunlocking the horsies before the boss). I recomend summoning Vengarl and even Manhunter O´Hara to distract the second cat when it comes down, as it´s very frustrating to have both attacking you.
    • Focus on Lud and try to kill him as fast as possible. When they cast their homing crystals, it´s very likely that you won´t be able to get behind that cat in time. Don´t try to dodge them by rolling; instead, just run sideways in a straight line and they will miss. Watch out for Zallen´s grab attack, which is a bite and can be fatal, and during his ~30 second buff, just concentrate on staying alive.

    Don´t give up, skeletons!

    Edit: as one kind user commented, the horsies will only spawn during the blizzard.

    https://preview.redd.it/9kow51w9mld71.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=a647f2a63535a02b150149332ef48e74fe151f2e

    submitted by /u/That_guy_of_Astora
    [link] [comments]

    NG+ going back to hell

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 01:46 PM PDT

    Is there something I'm doing terribly wrong? First playthrough and I've just killed the Smelter Demon and no clue what to lvl up now or if my gear sucks

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 08:16 PM PDT

    Well... is this an old bug?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 01:15 AM PDT

    Did Iron King just animation cancel on me?!

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 10:29 AM PDT

    Me when I found out that eyes of priestess don't work on invisible guys in the foggy part of Shaded woods (in vanilla at least)

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 04:45 PM PDT

    Which optional bosses should I fight before finishing the game?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 10:05 AM PDT

    Hey guys, my first playthrough is coming to a close as I just beat throne watcher and defender. When starting this playthrough, I thought I'd do a good old all bosses run like I always do in the first game, but honestly I'm just feeling kindof burnt out. Maybe it's my fault for binging this entire monolith of a game over only two weeks (legitimately this game is way longer than I expected it to be) but after all three dlcs (ivory king which I came to hate) I'm ready to just beat the game and roll credits. Before I finish though, what are some cool optional bosses that are worth finding? Some of the bosses in this game were kindof complete shit so I don't want to go out of my way to fight someone that isn't worth it. I loved this game, but good lord if at least half the bosses weren't lame as hell.

    submitted by /u/tks000
    [link] [comments]

    I just started playing this game...

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 01:28 PM PDT

    ... and after finishing for the day I instantly turned on the Majula theme to drown my ears into.

    submitted by /u/okdude23232
    [link] [comments]

    I finally beated Dark Souls 2 (including all bosses and dlcs), and with that, i finished the 3 main games of the franchise!

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 09:11 PM PDT

    (Sry for bad english and for long post, just want to express my happiness for finishing the 3 main games of the franchise)

    I cant believe this started by ragequitting DS3 four years ago and told to myself to never play a DS game again, just to give it another try this year and instantly falling in love with the saga, completing DS3 and DSR with all dlcs, and finishing it with DS2

    Speaking of DS2, it was better than i thought! Even tho i heard that the game had some aspects that made it "bad" or frustrating (which some of are kinda frustrating) i still enjoyed it a lot and overall, a really great game!

    Dark souls was an incredible experience and every aspect of it (Music, zones, bosses, npcs, items, etc) made the world so lively and wonderful on its own way, and gave me a lot of emotions and moments that only a few games have given me.

    All i can say is...

    Thank you, Dark Souls! ❤

    submitted by /u/Pipex121
    [link] [comments]

    Co-op well...

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 08:48 AM PDT

    I created a new character and played so long until I was where my friend was our rank and soul memory was almost the same and wie had the coop rings on but he couldn't see my sign and he himself couldnt set a sign. Is there anything he did wrong? He was online was a human and everything but yeah...

    submitted by /u/Kyorakey
    [link] [comments]

    How do I beat the ancient dragon today??

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 01:10 PM PDT

    I'm so angry at this boss. Doesn't seem that hard until he does the fire AOE. I've looked up how to get past it because it was starting to frustrate me. Gower's ring? Nerfed. Running away? Even naked it hasn't worked for me. Sticking to his front? It works until he does the AOE move anyway.

    I tried using great Shields, fire resist Shields, all sorts of fire resistance, and nothing works. What do I do?

    submitted by /u/Mimir_1116
    [link] [comments]

    The end of the Age of Fire

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 04:08 PM PDT

    Is the souls duplicate still works ?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 12:42 PM PDT

    Need help getting sunlight spear

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 12:27 PM PDT

    I would be willing to help anyone who needs it I'm trying to get the platinum trophy, my soul memory is around 15 mil and I can easily raise it if need be

    submitted by /u/Biggie_Bag_Lover420
    [link] [comments]

    I made it to the throne, finally!

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 07:05 PM PDT

    Why is PvP so shitty?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 12:17 PM PDT

    I don't know what it's like in the other games, but no matter what I do I cannot damage anyone. People can get easy ghost hits on me but when I hit them a few times nothing happens, is it on my end or is pvp just a bit scuffed?

    submitted by /u/aevn_
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment