• Breaking News

    Sunday, July 18, 2021

    Dark Souls First playthrough, just ate a fire keeper soul...

    Dark Souls First playthrough, just ate a fire keeper soul...


    First playthrough, just ate a fire keeper soul...

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 06:53 PM PDT

    Didn't realize you had to give it to a fire keeper for it to work.

    How much would this affect me?

    submitted by /u/himmeup
    [link] [comments]

    Call me crazy but

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 06:43 AM PDT

    I personally think that The Depths is a nice and enjoyable area in DSR, I found it very relaxing and interesting. The Gaping Dragon is also one of my favourite fights because of how cool the arena is.

    submitted by /u/BozoSpace
    [link] [comments]

    Here's to 1 year with what I believe to be the best community on Reddit

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 12:09 AM PDT

    Thank you guys for your stories, advice, builds and hilarious comments. I follow a fair number of subs but none are as consistently helpful, wholesome or funny as the OG Dark Souls community. Keep the bonfire burning, there's always new skeletons to guide.

    submitted by /u/KnackeredParrot
    [link] [comments]

    TIL that the ring of light floats upward slowly

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 11:09 PM PDT

    I went to go get food after beating the iron giant and I come back ~15 minutes later and it's as high as my character, I talk with my brother for 5 minutes and it's as high as two players. Cool

    Edit I have a picture but no clue how to post it

    submitted by /u/BestSeedEver
    [link] [comments]

    It only took 100 hours and a 2 year long rage quit, but I finally plat Dark Souls Remastered

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 03:08 AM PDT

    Who's your favorite boss across the soulsborne games?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 04:32 PM PDT

    My personal favorite is the orphan of kos from bloodborne, between the cinematic when you first enter his boss arena, the fight itself, the challenge, the lore, and the story implication for beating him I have so much fun with this fight.

    That being said he stomps me most of the time 😂

    My next fight with him will be with just the pistol, seems like it'll be a fun challenge

    submitted by /u/RevolutionaryDeal265
    [link] [comments]

    Praise The Sun!

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 08:54 AM PDT

    Hard but never unfair?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 08:47 PM PDT

    Howdy :)

    How does this apply to this game?

    I'm currently trying to clear out tomb of the giants, and let's just say that every single enemy placement (imo) is made to push you off the map in a completely unpredictable way.

    Is this area just supposed to be sped through? It just seems unfair and annoying to me.

    Sorry for the rant, just wanted to hear some opinions.

    submitted by /u/gymmath1234
    [link] [comments]

    i played the whole game without knowing about lock-on

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 07:54 AM PDT

    i read the tutorial texts, but must have missed or forgotten that one, i defeated every boss pretty easy without lock on, with the power of a big ass shield and an even bigger hammer (plus some stronk smough armor). this worked like a charm untill i got to gwyn and got stuck for hours on him, constantly slashing me in the back and grabbing me, i was so frustrated, after backtracking looking for more items i saw the lock on text, tried it on gwyn and beat him first try with lock on, literally was able to block every attack as soon as i learned lock on.

    don't be like me, read the tutorial properly.

    submitted by /u/Dorcustitanus
    [link] [comments]

    Any "faster/lighter" builds to go for in this game?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 08:58 AM PDT

    I'm coming from the newer From games like Sekiro, BB, DS3 and this game feels really different. It's very slow. I'm not enjoying it as much as I hoped for, which is fine, doesn't mean the game is bad at all, maybe it just isn't for me, nothing wrong with that.

    But before I really move on, I'd still like to give the game another try and hopefully get into it. I know that there's no way to make the combat as fast as the newer installments, obviously, but are there any builds that are at least faster in general? Which stats are worth going for, which weapons to use, trying to keep equip load lower...is there any point in doing it or should I just go heavy into Poise and try fighting the heavy way?

    EDIT: I have no idea who is downvoting you guys, but I am absolutely grateful for every advice! Thanks everyone!

    EDIT 2: I didn't expect this to blew up at all, thanks to everyone who chimed in! This is truly a wonderful community. I just started a Pyromancer and went through the Undead Burg, so far it feels better than before so I'm gonna keep going.

    submitted by /u/Yourself013
    [link] [comments]

    I beat the game

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 12:24 PM PDT

    I finally beat the game . This was my first ever play through of the game and it took me about 4 months to beat it . I never had any prior knowledge of the game other than it's hard af. And now that it's done I just wanna play again but do all the things I missed ! There's so much extra shit in the game that I knew was there but had no idea of how to do it so now I'm gonna run it back and see how it goes! Also I've been debating on starting a new souls game , if I do should I start DS2 or DS3? I've heard a lot of good and bad about 2 but I'm still down to try it !

    submitted by /u/Gravvezz
    [link] [comments]

    Using multiple spells at once?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 12:24 AM PDT

    Hey, I have been playing the game for about a week now and the magic system seems very weird to me. Is it really true you can only have 1 spell active at any time, meaning that more attunement slots are only useful for increasing the number of casts on that one spell? For example I've tried to put both Great Fireball and Chaos Fireball active, and they actually do go into the attunement slots. Only problem is that when I try to use Chaos Fireball, which is the 2nd and 3rd slots, after Great Fireball in the first slot ran out of charges, it just keeps on trying to use the chargeless Great Fireball. Google seems to know nothing. Is it really this stupid that you can only essentially have 1 spell active?

    On the sidenote, another thing I've wondered is are there really no hotkeys to use in the game? Seems such an elementary part of games but I at least haven't been able to find how to use them. (Playing on PC)

    *EDIT* Thanks for the help, TIL I suck at problem solving. It might help to have the weapon/item/magic swaps tied to a button that exists...

    submitted by /u/Nadrim
    [link] [comments]

    What to do next?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 11:57 PM PDT

    So I've beaten ornstein and smough and placed the lord vessel. Where do I head to next? Also if anyone plays on switch please I'm always looking for jolly co operation lol

    submitted by /u/Namix93
    [link] [comments]

    Praise the sun

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 10:57 AM PDT

    Such a awesome game.Just complete dark souls remastered today.Gwyn soundtrack so beautiful and end credit soundtrack so freaking sad almost make me crying.Might replay again to complete solaire & siegmeyer quest.That all from me,stay safe friends don't you dare go hollow.

    submitted by /u/hurtcabbage
    [link] [comments]

    Which pyromancies are best purely for PVE?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 10:52 PM PDT

    Because I'm a massive Weenie, I avoid PVP at all costs in DS1. Which pyromancies are best for Player Vs, Environment engagements? Since NPCs don't really understand the logic of dodging, do I just basically take all the chaos/"Great" spells since they'll do the highest damage, or is there some nuance I need to know?

    Also is fire tempest or chaos storm better overall, considering that chaos probably does more damage but also takes a slot I can dedicate to something weaker but maybe more versatile (like the baby fireballs to use against shitty Hollows n stuff)

    submitted by /u/PonkingtonHeights
    [link] [comments]

    What am I missing out on by placing the lordvessel without talking to either of the serpents?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 07:44 PM PDT

    I accidentally fell into firelink alter while trying to wake Frampt up and placed the lordvessel because I had no idea it would matter and figured thats what I had to do to get out. Then when I warped back to firelink and tried talking to Frampt he was mad at me. I looked it up and aparently they'll both be mad and permanantly disappear. Ngl feeling kinda annoyed that I have to miss out on such a huge part of the game over something I had no real way of knowing about, even if it ends up just being lore stuff.

    submitted by /u/LounginLizard
    [link] [comments]

    Killed the last mage guy in the catacombs...

    Posted: 18 Jul 2021 03:16 AM PDT

    He dropped the lantern however I was surrounded and died prior to looting.

    What now lol

    submitted by /u/darknessforgives
    [link] [comments]

    Is the drake sword any good?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 02:55 PM PDT

    I'm at Iron Golem and the best weapon I have (except the Zweihander but I got weak noodle arms) is the drake sword, so is it any good or should I go looking for something else?

    submitted by /u/Veteran_Noir
    [link] [comments]

    Calamity ring

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 08:20 AM PDT

    Ok so I killed kalameet and got the ring, can I use it for something or does it really just make me weaker?

    submitted by /u/Nuggett-s
    [link] [comments]

    Made a video of the asylum running on ps5, check it out if you're interested :)

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 02:49 PM PDT

    Recommendations :)

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 11:13 PM PDT

    I just want to see if I can get through the game with the initial equipment of a class, and everything that includes, what do you think is the best class? I'm thinking of the one with a bow

    submitted by /u/EmGoches
    [link] [comments]

    Anor Londo Archers

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 03:34 PM PDT

    I know it's cliche to complain about this but honestly those stupid archers are the only time in dark souls 1 that I feel it's hard in an unfair way just for the sake of being hard.

    submitted by /u/ReadyInteraction3077
    [link] [comments]

    First ever SL1 run

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 09:12 PM PDT

    So today I started my first ever Souls level 1 training run. I plan on eventually streaming it on twitch. Does anyone have any advice that might make getting through it less of a headache or rather not as difficult?

    submitted by /u/kmayo19
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment