• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 21, 2021

    Dark Souls After nearly a decade of dodging spoilers, I'm finally going to play for myself

    Dark Souls After nearly a decade of dodging spoilers, I'm finally going to play for myself


    After nearly a decade of dodging spoilers, I'm finally going to play for myself

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 05:22 PM PDT

    Title is pretty self explanatory but I've managed to finally purchase dark souls (remastered) without running into spoilers, are there any basic tips that I can follow such as PVP etiquette or small QOL settings to fix? Spoiler free if you can! Thank you very much!

    submitted by /u/PeachTeaHyena
    [link] [comments]

    Something happened at firelink shrine?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 10:17 AM PDT

    I respawned at firelink to see that the bonfire wasn't actually lit anymore and for some reason cannot be lit again.

    Also the golden knight and the women just beneath the bonfire to the left are gone suddenly? What the hell happened???

    submitted by /u/Edgy-ness-2030
    [link] [comments]

    I dont get gwyn

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 04:24 PM PDT

    So, why does gwyn attack you when you reach him, since our destiny is to link the fire and he should know that, wouldn't he want that? Shouldn't he be like "go ahead link the fire" isn't that what he wants? I know you can choose to bring the age of dark but the known prophecy is that we are to link the fire, why is he trying to stop us from linking the fire? Is it because he's hollow now?

    submitted by /u/timllesdust_x
    [link] [comments]

    Should I buy all 3 games?

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 03:30 AM PDT

    PlayStation has a summer sale going on for the next few weeks, and all three Dark Souls games are part of it for pretty good deals. Are all three games worth playing? I've played Bloodborne and want to try more FromSoftware games before Elden Ring comes out. Would you recommend getting all 3 or only one or two of them? Thanks in advance for your help!

    submitted by /u/drifting_leviathan
    [link] [comments]

    Twinks - No fun alllowed

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 03:21 AM PDT

    I have a Patches cosplay I co-op with in Undead Burg. I noticed the fog wall go up while waiting to be summoned, signifying an invasion. I thought I'd be cheeky and drop some items by a ledge and some prism stones nearby. The invader comes in an spams black flame and then points down.

    It's no big deal, I have 99 humanity and was right by the bonfire, but it's just disappointing how boring and anti-fun some of these twinks are.

    submitted by /u/Orange_Snek
    [link] [comments]

    Is Alvina the same species as the big rolling cats you fight in the forest?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 11:20 PM PDT

    They look very similar, but there's a pretty big size difference.

    submitted by /u/goliathmanbaby
    [link] [comments]

    Should I change my weapon?

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 03:42 AM PDT

    Hello, I've started playing ds1 about two days ago. And I've only been using the Drake sword ever since I got it. I'm at Anor Londo now, and my weapon isn't hitting that hard now (it is at +2). I speedran past Sen's Funhouse because it took like two whole stamina bars to kill a single sneak man A two-hand R1 only hits for 85 on those big knights. Do you guys have any recommendations weapons I can use now? I'm going for a quality build, but both STR and DEX are pretty low for now, because I focused on upgrading VIT and END.

    submitted by /u/lagspike9107
    [link] [comments]

    Ceaseless Discharge Cheese Not Working

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 01:11 AM PDT

    After I beat Qualaag, I go to Ceaseless like normal, but instead of slamming his appendage near the fog gate after I stole his bling, he thinks shooting at me with fire is a better idea. I have tried going back to the podium and running back, but he gets close enough to just slam one of his arms onto me and one shot me. Wtf do I do?

    submitted by /u/Material_Pass1473
    [link] [comments]

    An Eng/JP Multi-Media Introduction to Dark Souls, Part One!

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 02:52 AM PDT

    I wanted to make some kind of presentation to introduce my friend to Dark Souls. But it became this classy multimedia piece. I include tidbits from the Japanese subtitles, as well as Eng/JP lore captions to images. Let me know any feedback you might have! I plan to do further parts covering other key events in the DS1 story/lore

    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D8lLn7ykDjypGYx3orpZ96kx_oBBqE5-/view?usp=sharing

    submitted by /u/saidtoomuchonline
    [link] [comments]

    Been trying to experiment with early game weapon ascension. A +0 divine gargoyle halberd hits like a nuclear bomb.

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 11:11 AM PDT

    Im doing a challenge run where I only use firelink's bonfire (for the hell of it) and I also decided to go ahead and fuck around to see what's the absolute best group of of weapons for tackling Blightown and then Sen's Fortress.

    I've always avoided weapon ascension because of "split damage". But holy damn. A divine gargoyle halberd is lethal. And with like 12 faith. I know the gargoyle halberd is a prime candidate for infusion because it's D/D, but seriously this thing is strong.

    I'm going to have to craft a bunch of similar weapons to test raw, +10, fire, divine, and magic. I understand that +10 (and regular infusion in general) is best if you're buffing your weapon, but if you're not, that's pretty insane

    I honestly don't really understand how split damage works after all these years, and how exactly all these numbers add up for upgrading, but I'm just gonna craft a ton of weapons and see how they turn out.

    submitted by /u/JohnLockeN7
    [link] [comments]

    Firelink shrine

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 04:17 AM PDT

    (i just started) Since you cant travel like in other games, will you then have to run all the way back through the entire game to get back to the firelink shrine? (forgive my ignorance)

    submitted by /u/sebiboi1
    [link] [comments]

    Help me understand gear resistances and a bit of progression

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 03:24 AM PDT

    Hello fellow hollows. After playing sekiro, bloodborne and dark souls 3 multiple times I moved to dark souls 1 remastered and I am enjoying it. Chaos witch is kicking my ass and I am trying to understand one thing I have never paid attention to until now:

    I always wear the best armor with the most armor rating that still lets me roll normally. That's it. What's more important, a fire resistance for the chaos witch or would a higher armor rating suit me better? I have gear with a higher fire protection but less normal armor... In general I have never looked into it... I also NEVER use any weapon buff items because I am scared of dying and then losing them ... any good farming spots for souls ? I moved past blight town up The Valley of the drakes shortcut back to firelink and was so confused as to where to go, killed the moon butterfly in the gardens and that also didn't lead me anywhere ...the basin just leads me to either valley of the drakes with dragons I can't make a dent in with a +7 uchigatana and a shortcut to undead burg through Havel...then much later I found the tiny hole in the swamps where the chaos witch is. I assume I have to kill her to continue...where should I go after the witch?

    Thank you! Great game.

    submitted by /u/ChiliJunkie
    [link] [comments]

    What's the difference between talismans

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 03:03 AM PDT

    I don't understand what changes between them

    submitted by /u/BodyweightBuilder
    [link] [comments]

    What the actual hell?

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 05:11 AM PDT

    So I killed Gwyn today thinking that, like all the other souls games, I will have the option to choose to restart. I was hoping to just do my regular routine when I play Souls games: kill all the main-game bosses, finish the main game, then move on to DLC content. But no! Dark Souls just had to restart the game without my permission. Now I finished 1 play through of the game without having played the DLC, and I feel like shit for not doing it. I even started it (killed the Guardian Lion or whatever he's called).

    FML. Seriously, FML.

    submitted by /u/PotatoePotahhtoe
    [link] [comments]

    Are darksouls 1 and 2 boring

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 05:05 AM PDT

    I played bloodborne and sekiro and I intend to play ds3, but a lot of soulsfan say that you should play ds 1 and 2 first. To be honest I don't think that a good idea because I'm used to sekiro and bloodborne quick movements.

    submitted by /u/SKAIBER
    [link] [comments]

    How are you SUPPOSED to beat the Anor Londo archers?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 02:22 PM PDT

    I'm on NG+4 and I've only ever done the poison arrows. I do different runs each playthrough and this is the run where I've decided to kill every single being I meet. Therefore I don't have enough poison arrows to kill them.

    Not a big deal I thought, but as it turns out you can't really fight them on the ledges. I tried baiting the actual threatening one to the right, but he doesn't follow, he just pulls his bow back out. He's completely blocking the path. So now I'm wondering how people beat them without using poison arrows in the first place?

    submitted by /u/spelunks108
    [link] [comments]

    I missed the DLC of DS2, should I go back and play them?

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 04:03 AM PDT

    So I did some casual speedruns of DS3, then played Sekiro.

    If I go back to DS2 now will it feel clunky or weird?

    I've heard the DLC was much better than the main game as well. And did not realise I have SoftS version

    submitted by /u/delitomatoes
    [link] [comments]

    killed kirk in all 3 locations and his body will not appear

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 10:47 PM PDT

    wtf is up with this? annoyed

    submitted by /u/jopezu
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone help with seath the scaleless

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 05:44 PM PDT

    I'm waiting outside the fog gate if anyone can lend a hand

    Edit: I'm on xbox and the password is help

    Edit: beat him

    submitted by /u/Mreesew123
    [link] [comments]

    Just found out I didn’t even find the DLC

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 06:43 PM PDT

    1.Why the fuck does it throw you into NG+ after beating it 2. Why is the process of finding the boss convoluted and "hard"

    Kinda pissed rn because I wasn't planning on doing another play through

    submitted by /u/ComprehensiveCat1505
    [link] [comments]

    So I'm running high dexterity BSS build

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 01:09 AM PDT

    So I'm running high dexterity BSS build. Recently I farmed a few additional Balders and upgraded one to holy (divine) +9. But it still deals less damage against undeads than my Bss +15. (They're basically one level apart). What's up with that?

    My stats are 45dex, 30 hp, end, 10 int, faith.

    Also, does split damage only apply the highest part of the damage? Like, if I have 130 physical and 140 magical on a sword, it would mostly do 140?

    submitted by /u/greyjar
    [link] [comments]

    Siegward in Lost Izalith?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 05:35 PM PDT

    Accidentally dropped into a maze full of octopi and poison. Onion man was there, and sacrificed himself for me. I didn't want him to die down there, so I jumped down to fight. He lived, but after talking to him he died. Was there anything I could have done to save him? I liked onion man even more than Solaire.

    submitted by /u/MadRaven98
    [link] [comments]

    How do certain undead "die"?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 02:18 PM PDT

    Something I really can't understand in my first playthrough, which is that the undead are locked in a cycle of death and resurrection because of the undead curse, and eventually this drives them mad and they lose purpose and go hollow. That explains why most enemies respawn and why we respawn. However, how come certain undead NPCs we meet are possible to kill and they don't respawn again if they are originally undead? Examples include, but are not limited to: - Solaire if he goes mad - Oscar of Astora - Big Hat Logan if he also goes mad - The Crestfallen Warrior whom we fight again near the first bridge in New Londo ruins. - The pyromancer bro if he goes back to the swamp below blighttown And worst of all: - Siegmeyer of Catarina if he is killed by his daughter, how exactly did she "kill" her father if he's undead?

    And how exactly do undead NPCs die permanently? Is there a lore reason? Or should I just brush it off as a game mechanic thing to prevent farming them for example?

    submitted by /u/Amr_Abdelazeem
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment