• Breaking News

    Friday, May 21, 2021

    Dark Souls The Author of Berserk, Kentaro Miura has passed away.

    Dark Souls The Author of Berserk, Kentaro Miura has passed away.


    The Author of Berserk, Kentaro Miura has passed away.

    Posted: 20 May 2021 10:52 AM PDT

    Hello fellow Redditors.

    As many of you know, the news has spread today that the creator of well known and loved by many manga "Berserk" has passed away on 6th may.

    It's a very sad day to learn that a person who has shined as a beacon of inspiration for so long to many people is now gone.

    It's no secret that Hidetaka Miyazaki, the creator of the games we all love - is a huge fan of "Berserk" and it has inspired him greatly in giving life to our favorite games. Demon's Souls, Dark Souls and Bloodborne were all heavily inspired by Kentaro Miura's creation. Many people have found comfort in these games despite the challenges they might be facing in real life. We also know that many people here also are huge "Berserk" fans.

    We share your pain.

    As sad as today's piece of news is, we would like to note that it's very important to keep the theme to its original content - this being Dark Souls.

    Please keep any further posts or thoughts regarding Kentaro Miura's death to this thread or one of the few older threads that may still be floating around on the subreddit, just to keep things in order.

    As a Berserk fan I'm very saddened by the news of his passing as well.

    Here is a subreddit specifically made to discuss any Berserk related topics - r/Berserk.

    Thank you for your understanding.

    submitted by /u/N3DSdude
    [link] [comments]

    Controller lag on PC remastered or just getting old?

    Posted: 21 May 2021 03:03 AM PDT

    I'm a long time souls player from Demon's Souls on the PS3 up until Bloodborne on PS4 and recently picked up DKS1 remastered for PC. I haven't played Dark Souls since the PS3 version and I'm struggling.

    I've been playing with a PS4 controller connected by USB and everything just feels sluggish. Estus takes ages to fire and parries feel off leading to a lot of soft deaths. Has anyone else had similar issues on remastered /PC or am I just not remembering the game right?

    I might dig out the PS3 this weekend and see if it feels any more responsive before I go fully hollow.

    submitted by /u/bensnatch
    [link] [comments]

    Havel or not Havel? That's the question!

    Posted: 20 May 2021 10:55 PM PDT

    Ok probably has been long discussed here but I found a lot of confusing theories about the Ds1 and ds3 HAVEL. Wich one is the real one and wich one of his army and why?

    submitted by /u/Sirlight85
    [link] [comments]

    Balder Side Sword

    Posted: 20 May 2021 11:42 PM PDT

    So very recently, I posted on the trade community for Dark Souls 1, as I was deleting a save that had most everything in the game on it and was giving everything away and quite a few people reached out to me about getting a Balder Side Sword from me. I didn't actually have any so I looked it up and farmed some for people. My question is, why do people like this sword? Is there something special about it that I'm missing because it seems like just an ordinary long sword. I'm honestly just curious.

    submitted by /u/Pandem0nIAN
    [link] [comments]

    Painted world hollows?

    Posted: 20 May 2021 10:57 PM PDT

    So in the painted world you have your normal hollows. You have your bloated hollows. It's seems to be a place for the unwanted as much evidence points to....what the hell is with all the hollows dead on spikes? They are all over the area. Some right by the bonfire. Most are where the xanthous king shows up. Massive spikes with hollows toppled on them and what is with the cages as well? Any answers to this? I have no clue. Lol

    submitted by /u/Jjuicee3
    [link] [comments]

    so, Kentaro Miura, the guy who inspired the souls games, passed away

    Posted: 21 May 2021 02:28 AM PDT

    So Miura passed away on 6 May, but the news came yesterday and deeply saddened the manga and berserk community. He is a true legend, with work that won't be forgotten, and continues to inspire significant work from others after him. That's it.

    thank you, Kentaro Miura, for the amazing stories you inspired and the one you gave us.

    that's it just wanted to raise some awareness of his passing on this sub

    submitted by /u/legz2006
    [link] [comments]

    Question about lore

    Posted: 21 May 2021 12:14 AM PDT

    Im still relatively new to darksouls (thx to everyone who helped in my previous post btw) and , allthough i do understand that the lore is told kinda cryptically, how good is my understanding prepoused to be at this point (after capra)? Like so far all i get is that the world used to be ruled by dragons , then they were killed and now the worlds going to shit for some reason. and everyones undead and/or insane. Theres a sun god called gwyn also i think.

    I dont want anyone to explain the plot yet just want to know how much im prepoused to understand

    submitted by /u/oompaloompa_thewhite
    [link] [comments]

    I have a special emotion specifically reserved for when I think about Dark Souls.

    Posted: 20 May 2021 06:38 PM PDT

    Anyone else? Anytime I'm reminded of Dark Souls, I get this sort of cold and empty feeling, mixed with insane amounts of nostalgia. It's like sad nostalgia, but in a good way (makes sense). It's sad because Dark Souls is not a happy game, and it's like one big reminder that I had one of the most amazing virtual journeys, only to slay a decaying old man who lost everything. Maybe I got waaaaay too personally attached to some characters.

    I'll never forget the look on your face, Gwyn. ;((((

    I think it also might have to do with the bleakness of literally all the settings. I am nostalgic for bleakness and emptiness. There was something about that first playthrough that I will never shake. The loneliness of running through Anor Londo, the contrast between it and places like the Undead Burg, which feel full of life in comparison.

    It is an incredibly odd feeling. Guess you could say, HOLLOW! HA!!!!

    submitted by /u/MotionAquatic
    [link] [comments]

    A Question About DS1 and DS2

    Posted: 20 May 2021 10:19 PM PDT

    I'm planning to get DS1 and 2 after I'm finished with DS3. I just have one question, does it look good? In DS3, at the start of almost every area, there's beautiful scenery, all with different colors and vibes. It even has great world building, like how you can see several areas from the cliff by Vordt. Do these other games have this, because of what I've seen, they seem sorta dark and gloomy.

    submitted by /u/IllPhantomllI
    [link] [comments]

    My First SL1 Run, Completed

    Posted: 20 May 2021 12:01 PM PDT

    I finally finished my first SL1 run, and it was a great trip. It really brings back the feeling of the 1st run you do, where there's danger around every corner and every enemy feels like a threat.

    The biggest walls for me were O&S, 4 Kings, and the Centipede Demon, oddly enough. He kept doing this jump + fire breath move that often killed me in 1-2 hits that I had no idea how to dodge. I eventually killed him using the grab glitch.

    Overall, this run was super satisfying and I highly recommend SL1 runs to anyone thinking of doing a challenge!

    submitted by /u/RelativisticHydro
    [link] [comments]

    Starting to disagree with the idea that magic is such a clutch in DS1

    Posted: 20 May 2021 03:26 PM PDT

    I played through a good 2/3 of DS1 on a sorcery build. I kept feeling like I was kinda cheesing the game, given how good sorceries are, and plus I was using summons, so I've been running through again with a pure Dex build and no summons.

    That said, to be honest a lack of sorceries has affected the difficulty much less than I thought it would, certainly much less than a lack of summons has. Maybe things change at and beyond O&S, but for now I've been finding the game almost as hard as it was when I was using spells without summons (that is, not hugely difficult). Some bosses have taken a few more attempts, but a lot of stuff has even felt easier, especially with how fast everything is on a Dex build.

    I think people honestly overstate how much sorceries can carry you. In a boss fight, to win with sorceries, you generally have to find an opening anyway, so you'll have to learn attack patterns and dodging in a semi similar fashion to playing melee. I'll admit there are definite exceptions to that rule, but the gap in difficulty between sorceries and melee (and str/miracles, which I got up to Anor Londo with) is not half as big as many people say it is.

    submitted by /u/beakye7
    [link] [comments]

    Which kind of items are NOT tradeable? (excluding key items)

    Posted: 20 May 2021 07:50 PM PDT

    In other words, which items can you NOT aquire anymore in the same playthrough if you miss your chance to get them in the world yourself?

    From what I've heard, many more things can be traded in DS1 than in, say, DS3. For example boss souls, spells and upgrade materials (all of which are untradeable in DS3)

    submitted by /u/Fearless-Physics
    [link] [comments]

    Possible Manus inspiration? Spoilers

    Posted: 20 May 2021 07:56 PM PDT

    Some spoilers beware.

    I started reading LOTR for the first time after seeing the movies dozens of times since my childhood when I suddenly realized that the manus fight is kind of similar to the balrog in Moria. You get pulled down like Gandalf does and they even kind of look similar with their horns and general stature. Plus they both exist within the "abyss" or incredibly deep and dark areas. Obviously there's a fair amount of differences with regards to one being fire and the other being dark as well as a ton of other stuff. But I'm wondering if this has ever been confirmed as a source of inspiration?

    submitted by /u/windoughpayne
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with pvp

    Posted: 20 May 2021 07:51 PM PDT

    Whoever I get invaded on my NG+2 character I always get immediately backstabbed it's almost not even a fight it's who can get a back stab first any tips would be greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Kurt-Copain
    [link] [comments]

    (Remastered) Alternate healing items won't work in pvp

    Posted: 21 May 2021 01:30 AM PDT

    Dark Souls Remastered. I have tried you use humanity, a divine blessing and an Elizabeth's mushroom, when invading or invaded but the game doesn't let me (the item is shadowed out). Is there a reason for this?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/RoboArmadillo
    [link] [comments]

    Need help

    Posted: 21 May 2021 01:30 AM PDT

    Dark souls remastered doesn't run on my legion 5, I suspect it has something to do with the screen being 144hz, problem is I can't change it to 60hz.

    Anyone know how to fix it?

    submitted by /u/TheWildEnd
    [link] [comments]

    To the people tired of dodging boulders

    Posted: 20 May 2021 02:03 PM PDT

    Try backstepping into them, I'm serious. If you have a bit of health you'll survive and not get knocked down. use this to your advantage in any way you see fit.

    submitted by /u/A_Dank_Skull
    [link] [comments]

    Just started my first NG+

    Posted: 20 May 2021 09:31 PM PDT

    as the title suggests i have just started NG+ for my first time in any soulsborne games and I'm wondering what boss was the hardest for you and why? mine is O&S I'm getting completely clapped by them.

    submitted by /u/Halifax1942
    [link] [comments]

    Is blight town that bad?

    Posted: 20 May 2021 07:36 PM PDT

    I have been thinking about giving dark souls a chance again but then I heard of blight town. I have been told its the worst part of the game and why its so annoying. Is it really worth worrying about and if so, tips?

    submitted by /u/TheOverdogPresents
    [link] [comments]

    I accidentally bought two helmets of the wise from Doomhall of Zena

    Posted: 20 May 2021 05:20 PM PDT

    I'm starting to think maybe I don't deserve to wear this thing...

    submitted by /u/chickentenders56
    [link] [comments]

    I can't find the soapstone?

    Posted: 20 May 2021 11:02 PM PDT

    I just hopped on my dark souls character and I'm looking for the white sign soapstone so I can help my friend with his playthrough. I am currently in NG+ with my character and I have the orange and red sign but not the white one.

    I went to beat the Taurus demon and talked to Solaire but there was only dialogue and no yes options. I also went to the pot area behind Framp and the chest was open. I think I beat the final boss and deleted the game but I'm not sure what to do now to get the stone. I killed Solaire as well and it did not drop, so I reloaded my save. Any help?

    submitted by /u/BoolaidBandit
    [link] [comments]

    Best Strength Weapons for Manus?

    Posted: 20 May 2021 03:11 PM PDT

    Using the Black Iron set and cleansing great shield, but I feel like my Black Knight Sword+5 isn't doing enough? Should I stick with the Sword or go with something different?

    EDIT: NEVERMIND GUYS I BEAT HIM

    submitted by /u/Technician_Frosty
    [link] [comments]

    DarkSouls first no hit boss

    Posted: 20 May 2021 04:42 PM PDT

    I just did my first no hit on a boss, i no hit Artorias here is the link to the video if you want to see it

    Artorias no hit (Sorry for bad quality)

    submitted by /u/roybudderman
    [link] [comments]

    Just had a new car and gave it a name

    Posted: 20 May 2021 09:12 AM PDT

    I mean, it's nowhere near as exciting as the post about calling their kid Gwyndollin lol, but I had a new car. It's a hybrid. I'm obsessed with this game. Calling it Crossbreed Priscilla.

    It's a beast.

    Good day to you all, and don't you dare go hollow.

    submitted by /u/nadzisme
    [link] [comments]

    I need help

    Posted: 20 May 2021 01:39 PM PDT

    I'm having trouble with the moonlight butterfly what are some tips to beat him.

    submitted by /u/icydrip69420
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment