• Breaking News

    Sunday, June 6, 2021

    Dark Souls Second Half Bosses Are Just Awful

    Dark Souls Second Half Bosses Are Just Awful


    Second Half Bosses Are Just Awful

    Posted: 05 Jun 2021 01:34 PM PDT

    I have played through the first half of the game a ton, and I have beaten the game a few times too, but after I get to Anor Londo and kill O&S, I just lose all motivation to play, especially because the bosses are all flawed in some way. Seathe is a snooze fest of running in getting a few hits and running away, you almost never have to dodge or block any attacks. Bed of Chaos gets enough hate on its own and barely feels like a boss. Nito just feels totally unfair and stupidly easy at the same time, you have skeletons that require a divine weapon to kill and a boss that is just an absolute unit of a tank, but half the time Nito ends up "unleashed a miasma of death" and killing all of his own cronies making the fight almost trivial. Then Four Kings is just down right impossible if you can't get enough damage out before another king spawns, so then you end up just tanking a ton of hits or standing close enough so their attacks don't hurt as much and spamming attacks. Even Gwyn, while definitely being the best one, can be kind of boring once you get his parrying down.

    I could excuse the lousy Bosses if the areas before them were at least good, but excluding Seathe and maybe, maybe Four Kings, the areas are also kinda lame. Tomb of the Giants is literally just the Catacombs part two without the wheel skeletons and with giant dog skeletons that hit like a truck and Lost Izalith is just a bad unfinished area filled with Dino Butts. Duke's Archives is a pretty sick area though.

    I usually end up going to Duke's Archives, getting the Pendant and then just going to fight Artorias and sometimes Manus and making a new character to do it again. The dlc bosses are just more engaging and fun, while still being difficult. I tried Dark Souls 3 because I heard it closer resembled the DLC bosses, but it just didn't scratch the same itch.

    Just had to rant about it and go back to fighting Nito again.

    Edit: I would like to say after reading some replies that I don't think it takes away from the game as a whole, the first time I played through I didn't notice any flaws because I was awestruck with how great everything was, I just think that the second half of the game is flawed and sometimes the line between hard and poorly done/unpolished is blurred. I thoroughly enjoy the game as a whole.

    Edit 2: I didn't expect my small rant to get so much attention, I was definitely annoyed while writing this and exaggerated some. Thanks for the discussion it is fun to hear everyone's opinions both for and against the topic.

    submitted by /u/Uniformal_Curve
    [link] [comments]

    The Quality of New Londo Flood Gates

    Posted: 05 Jun 2021 04:51 PM PDT

    Anyone kinda appreciates how waterproof and rot-resistant those doors are? As far as we know flooding was more than a few centuries ago and The Gates are still in pretty good shape with no leak, brake or anything. They can even fend off a dragon (well drake actually) attack without a problem. Hats off to the door-makers!

    Jokes aside this actually makes you think may be those doors were build that way intentionally, like may be place that New Londo was located actually was a water reservoir before becoming habitable town.

    Only Gwyn knows.

    submitted by /u/slowscoper
    [link] [comments]

    How to get more sunlight medals???

    Posted: 05 Jun 2021 05:30 AM PDT

    I'm heading into blighttown and have only managed to get 2 medals (I missed the one lautrec gives you by killing him and Solair died in the gaping dragon fight) I need 5 medals before Anor Londo cause I know 3 are there in a chest. I don't want to wait till demon ruins and farm maggots in the lost izalith shortcut but no one seems to be summoning me. Is there a way to get more medals or guaranteeing a summon of some sort? I want to get the great lightning spear soon

    submitted by /u/jaredsubway69
    [link] [comments]

    The Ring of Favor and Protection breaks if removed, implying Lautrec never wore it.

    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 04:14 AM PDT

    Could be because he didn't want the thing damaged, or perhaps he wasn't fully devoted to the Goddess. I dunno why this thought popped in my head.

    submitted by /u/MrBlacktheJester
    [link] [comments]

    Am I the only one who gets nauseous at Duke's Archives?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2021 04:28 PM PDT

    I can't even explain what it is about the level but it just makes me feel ill, I have no idea why, it just makes me feel really nauseous. If I were to guess I think it might be something about that weird hypnotising music that plays for all the squid people that makes me feel..off. Just me?

    submitted by /u/RagingCookie127
    [link] [comments]

    Spear build

    Posted: 05 Jun 2021 09:40 PM PDT

    Want to do a spear build any advice? What I should level up mostly and the spear I should use. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/filthycashe
    [link] [comments]

    Nameless King, Gwyn's son..

    Posted: 05 Jun 2021 09:34 PM PDT

    Any help havel didnt drop his ring and i need it for my build.

    Posted: 05 Jun 2021 08:57 PM PDT

    I'm doing a black night great axe run. I already killed pinwheel by myself at level 10 and I don't want to restart any help would it be appreciated! Im on ps4 I can trade 10 humanity for one

    submitted by /u/SirGhostReaper0819
    [link] [comments]

    How does twinking work in DSR?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2021 11:01 PM PDT

    with them adding weapon level and what not to "prevent" twinking seems to of done nothing

    as sad twinks are still everywhere.

    how does twinking work exactly in remastered? looking to rebuild my twink to catch twink invaders at gargoyles since they seem to love it there

    submitted by /u/ClawsOfLyco
    [link] [comments]

    i think linking the fire is fine, but,

    Posted: 05 Jun 2021 07:01 PM PDT

    honestly, as long as you kill gwyndolin, i think linking the fire is a good thing

    think about it

    gwyndolin works to keep the gods in power through the age of fire, but he's the last divinity left in anor londo, everyone else has fled

    dark souls 2 shows us Drangleic, a human kingdom which flourished in an age of fire

    Oolacile and New Londo shows us that humanity does not belong to the dark anymore and that it will only corrupt it, either because humanity has been through an age of fire too long -or because gwyn might have engineered the undead curse to keep humans in check, but that's another can of worms, then there's also what the primordial serpents might have to do with all that-

    therefore, even if it doesnt matter, as long as you kill the last gods and lords, which you do during your playthrough anyway, prolonging the age of fire for a little while might not be so misguided

    thoughts?

    submitted by /u/AscendantComic
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone pre Sen's fortress want to summon me?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2021 09:47 AM PDT

    I'm 2 sunlight medals away from unlocking the great lightning Spears so if anyone is in an early section of the game please let me know and I'll place my sign near the boss! Time for some jolly cooperation. I'm on PC playing dark souls remastered

    submitted by /u/jaredsubway69
    [link] [comments]

    Is the Black Knight Sword really good?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2021 07:32 AM PDT

    So I'm about to finish my first ever Dark souls playthrough with only 3 bosses left. I just now started to notice that my weapon "Black Knight Sword +5" is doing a lot more damage to the bosses than most youtubers I've seen playing the game do with their weapons. Sif went down in like only 9 hits for example. Have I found an OP-weapon and not realised it?

    submitted by /u/2chips1cola
    [link] [comments]

    Is strength viable beyond NG?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2021 11:33 PM PDT

    Hi everyone. My friend tells me that strength is the weakest build in DS and always tries to convert me to using faith. I'm wondering, how many of you have made it further in the NG cycles with strength? Like how many of you have made it to NG+7 with a strength build? He tells me they intentionally made str weak so people will actually think about their builds. I feel most comfortable with strength so I'm wondering how much truth there is to that. Thanks

    submitted by /u/Gary_Busey1349
    [link] [comments]

    I need help for a dark souls quiz

    Posted: 05 Jun 2021 12:07 PM PDT

    I introduced my friends to dark souls and they are all in love with it! Some of them are still new to the game, some have already beaten it, but i want to make a dark souls quiz for them. Can you guys help me with that? Some ideas about questions i can ask them would be nice.

    submitted by /u/_Laikata_
    [link] [comments]

    Should I kill Gwyndolin?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2021 07:28 AM PDT

    I heard that the firelink shrine fire keeper leaves after you kill Gwyndolin. I accidentally killed the fire keeper at the first Anor Londo bonfire already. Will I still be able to upgrade my estus flask when the firelink shrine fire keeper is gone?

    submitted by /u/drowning_bird_88
    [link] [comments]

    I did a dumb, what are my options?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2021 08:30 AM PDT

    Hey everyone,

    So I decided that upgrading my flask again was something I wanted so I opted to kill the fire keeper in Anor Londo. Afterwards I wanted to leave so I lowered the platform to use the other bonfire to warp out.

    Now I'm stuck in a weird spot where my main farming bonfire is dead, the platform is lower and I lost access to the blacksmith.

    Do I need to travel the side building again or am I able to warp to a bonfire on the other side?

    (I can't believe I even remotely convinced myself that this was a good idea).

    submitted by /u/No_Blacksmith_1609
    [link] [comments]

    does anyone know the source of this image ive tried reverse image search with no luck

    Posted: 05 Jun 2021 02:52 PM PDT

    What covenant should I join?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2021 08:48 AM PDT

    First time actually playing Dark Souls, and I'm only as far as Sen's Fortress after ringing the second bell near Blighttown.

    I've only interacted with the way of the white through the fat cleric in Firelink and the chaos servants through the hidden room in Quelaag's Domain.

    I know there are more, but I'm not sure which one fits my play style or if I'd enjoy it. I couldn't really tell a difference when I was with way of the white. And all I got from chaos was a spell I can't use yet unless I dump souls into a stat I never use.

    For clarification, I don't use magic really in any way. My faith, attunement, and intelligence are all in the single digits. I just swing a sword and roll fast. I use souls for endurance, strength, and vitality only most of the time.

    submitted by /u/MadRaven98
    [link] [comments]

    Benefits of one-handing over two-handing?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2021 08:40 AM PDT

    I'm not a fan of the two-handed moveset of a weapon I'm about to use. Problem is, that I don't use shields either and I'm not good at parrying. So do I just one-hand the weapon with my other hand empty? One thing I noticed is that one-handed attacks use less stamina which is pretty beneficial.

    submitted by /u/CrowTheMenace
    [link] [comments]

    Is the yearly reset day happening this year?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2021 09:31 PM PDT

    Velka's rapier for occult achievement?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2021 09:28 PM PDT

    Velka's rapier as an innate occult effect, but can it be used For the occult weapon achievement?

    submitted by /u/waffleking333
    [link] [comments]

    What are good things to get early with the Master Key?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2021 05:42 PM PDT

    I've played Dark Souls (original) a lot when it first came out many years ago, but never beat it. I just pickd up the Remastered Edition and I'm committed to going all the way this time!

    I'm going with the Master Key because I remember doing some cool stuff with it back in the day.

    What good gear and what good farming can I get and do with the Master Key? I want to really go nuts!

    Thanks everyone. Praise the Sun.

    submitted by /u/ballandabiscuit
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment