• Breaking News

    Monday, June 14, 2021

    Dark Souls Return to Lothric 2021 has begun!

    Dark Souls Return to Lothric 2021 has begun!


    Return to Lothric 2021 has begun!

    Posted: 13 Jun 2021 07:47 AM PDT

    Return to Lothric 2021 is now live, suggested end date is June 27th!


    As shown in the above-linked poster, the suggested guidelines for this Return to Lothric are:

    • Create a new character and play through the game
    • Engage in Co-Op and PvP as much as possible
    • Leave a message that says "Time for crab" by the Firelink bonfire. Be generous rating these messages!
    • All platforms welcome \`[T] /

    In addition to the usual Return festivities, a Discord Nitro giveaway is being held on the Dark Souls 3 Discord server, who partnered with us to help us organize this year's Return! 1st and 2nd places will receive one month of Discord Nitro premium free; 3rd through 5th places will receive one month of Nitro classic free! You will have 5 days to enter once the giveaway is announced!


    PC players are advised to guard against recent hacking issues. We strongly encourage you to use the Blue Sentinel mod to protect yourself!


    "Ashen one, bring me souls, plucked from their vessels..."

    submitted by /u/SammieAgnes
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone beaten Dark Souls with a single wiimote?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2021 06:12 PM PDT

    You do have enough buttons on there if you use the wii motion controls for the L stick and R stick. Sway the wiimote like an arcade stick and go up and down to switch between L and R. There's three linear accelerometers in there, so just use them as buttons.

    It would be really hard, but not impossible. I'd do it myself but I don't want to play it because it makes me sad.

    submitted by /u/masteroffwah
    [link] [comments]

    I finally beat my first dark souls game!

    Posted: 13 Jun 2021 07:07 PM PDT

    I finally Beat my first dark souls game! When I first started playing this game back in March i didn't really like it that much because the controls felt really slow and clunky compared to what I was used to playing which was bloodborne and demon souls remake.

    But the more and more I played this game the more I started to love the open adventure, areas, story, lore, characters, art style and so many more things.

    I really enjoyed the first half of this game but by the time I best Ornstein and smough the game didn't feel as rewarding to play and I just didn't feel as motivated to play this game.

    I have a lot of respect to everyone that was able to beat this game without any kind of guide because there were many parts of this game that really confusing and I couldn't figure out what to do and where to go.

    I did my first play through as a strength build but I am interested in making a new sorcery build later on.

    Well now it's time to continue on with the trilogy and play dark souls 2!

    Praise the sun!

    submitted by /u/DerpyPanda02
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else here really enjoy watching first-time playthroughs?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2021 08:49 PM PDT

    What's up with that? I LOVE watching first-time playthroughs. They seem so rare. I'm watching someone about to start one now and I'm irrationally excited over it.

    submitted by /u/usersince2012
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else forgetting to blink while playing?

    Posted: 14 Jun 2021 01:00 AM PDT

    My eyes go red lol

    submitted by /u/Babbadooka
    [link] [comments]

    I was incredibly embarrassed by this and I’ve finally built up the courage to share while reminiscing on it late at night here…rejoice with me over a siegbrau

    Posted: 13 Jun 2021 10:17 PM PDT

    I probably jumped down the tower into the abyss about 50-60 times, dying, thinking I was jumping too high up and taking fall damage or doing something wrong before thinking about all that lore with Artorias and Sif and that damn ring lmfao…

    submitted by /u/SlaveKnightLance
    [link] [comments]

    I think Siegmayer isn't actually Undead, but a normal human

    Posted: 13 Jun 2021 07:45 AM PDT

    So I was watching some Japanese videos about Dark Souls, when I noticed a minor translation error in Sieglinde's dialogue. In English she says " If he goes Hollow, I'll just have to kill him again." The Japanese here is something like "If he loses his heart, I'll have to kill him as many as I have to". The main difference, is that this doesn't imply that she has killed him before.

    If we take into account everything, the only thing that points to Siegmayer being undead is Sieglinde saying " Don't worry, that's just the way he is. Undead or no. " (the japanese here is the same). I always found it strange that he can't be summoned, nor does he go hollow like any other character (Griggs, Laurence, etc). If he isn't Undead, but Sieglinde believes him to be, and kills him in some misunderstanding, that's an even more tragic story than their original one.

    P.S.: If there is some way to prove that he IS Undead, please write, I'm open to criticism. I don't recall him ever using Estus, for example.

    submitted by /u/JapanTraveller44
    [link] [comments]

    I finally linked the flame!

    Posted: 13 Jun 2021 09:11 PM PDT

    After 24 hours of playing I've finally started a new age of fire! I'm so glad I could play this amazing game.

    submitted by /u/Either_Ether
    [link] [comments]

    What a beautiful introduction to the soulsborne universe

    Posted: 14 Jun 2021 04:23 AM PDT

    Hey everyone,

    So I last night I had a big challenge ahead of me, it was time to fight Manus, Kalameet, hellkite wyvern and finally Gywn. Manus ended up being the most fun boss fight I had while Kalameet was very high on the list too. The hellkite I just wanted to kill for mah pride and gywn felt kind of.... Underwhelming?

    I'll never forget the feeling of overcoming Blighttown, or getting knocked off the bridge in Sen's, or overcoming my first challenging boss, or entering Anor Londo. This game is just memory after memory, all connected with a beautiful world, fun enemies, and a balanced curve of adversity.

    In the end, I think my favourite area was either Anor Londo or Duke's Archives. The scale and beauty of Anor Londo still gives me chills, and the crystalesque corruption of a huge library really tickled my fancy.

    Boss wise, my overall favourite was Knight Artorias, but Manus I found to be a more "fun" fight.

    My only actual complaint was that the ending felt underwhelming. I entered Gywn's room expecting a little more of an introduction, but it happened so abruptly. Then the fight felt much easier than Manus/Artorias, and afterward the game came to a sudden end where I got ported into NG+. Maybe I was just expecting to get my ass kicked a couple times? Not sure.

    But ultimately, I started playing dark souls to get ready for Elden Ring next year. And with DSR, I'm thoroughly hooked. The download for DS2 is ticking now and hopefully I love it just as much.

    Thank you all for all the fun conversations and advice, y'all are next level.

    submitted by /u/No_Blacksmith_1609
    [link] [comments]

    DS1 or Hollow Knight?

    Posted: 14 Jun 2021 03:27 AM PDT

    I just 100% DS3 and I'm thinking of buying either DS1 or Hollow Knight, but I'm not sure which one... I'm sure that if someone can help me decide its you guys!

    submitted by /u/T3rminator06
    [link] [comments]

    Does the Japanese region of steam’s dark souls support English?

    Posted: 14 Jun 2021 03:24 AM PDT

    I wanna re-buy dark souls remastered again, but I'm currently living in Japan. I got dark souls 3 and 2 in English by changing the region of steam to America. It doesn't say anything about it being region locked on the store page of dark souls remastered, though I'm not sure. Help pls

    submitted by /u/HolySunPraiser
    [link] [comments]

    Just Platinumed Dark Souls!!!! Now to finish DS2-3, Bloodborne, and Sekiro before Bloodborne2 and Elden Ring come out!

    Posted: 14 Jun 2021 12:32 AM PDT

    Just finished Dark Souls with the help of this lovely community, thank you all so much for your help on my path to platinuming the Souls games! Leave me a message and I'll try to get back to you asap to help you beat a boss or drop a rare weapon!

    submitted by /u/Nevba123
    [link] [comments]

    I just found the catacombs... I’m level 70

    Posted: 13 Jun 2021 08:04 PM PDT

    I had to look at a map to find this place and even then I managed to stumble upon it without knowing where the hell it was. Anyways I'm tearing through it and just murdered Pinwheel. HOW WAS THIS PLACE SO WELL HIDDEN!?

    submitted by /u/MaleficTekX
    [link] [comments]

    I finally did it. Ornstein and Smough solo’d and now I get to meet the giantess herself

    Posted: 13 Jun 2021 01:02 PM PDT

    I finally beat ornstein and smough. (First play through) from here I know I acquire the lord vessel, but then where? The duke's archives or New Londo? Kinda lost rn.

    submitted by /u/TheCosmicalKing
    [link] [comments]

    How do I keep Siegmeyer alive in NG+ Lost Izalith?

    Posted: 14 Jun 2021 02:24 AM PDT

    If I let him fight, he takes one hit and that already takes him <50% health, failing the quest.

    I can't jump down and keep one alive, then return to Siegmeyer, because the Chaos Eater that's left will fall to it's death in a hole.

    What should I do?

    submitted by /u/drowning_bird_88
    [link] [comments]

    Tips for Gwyn as a tank*?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2021 10:51 AM PDT

    So I'm doing a "tank" run, except I'm only levelling End and Str (+ Dex req for BKH) so I have next to no health. I'm very glad I'm doing this run as no boss has taken me more than 3 tries. No boss but Gwyn, apparently. I'm very used to beating Gwyn by dodging and parrying, but with half Havel's gear and the same Greatshield, neither of those are really an option. What are specifics on attack openings? Which rocks can I reliably trap him on to heal? Any other tips? Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/activ8d_my_Trap_card
    [link] [comments]

    Strategies for Nito on sl1?

    Posted: 14 Jun 2021 01:23 AM PDT

    I first tried him on my first playthru, i had enough poise and damage to just tank and kill him, but im struggling to avoid dying between him and the skellys long enough to kill him on sl1. thanks

    submitted by /u/tayzzerlordling
    [link] [comments]

    It’s my first time.

    Posted: 13 Jun 2021 09:45 PM PDT

    And I'm bloody loving it, as you may have expected. Just had to share with somebody. I'd never played a From Software game before I recently picked up and beat Sekiro. So glad I finally got over my fear of the hype and the difficulty level because this really is a beautiful game. My first 'souls-like' was actually Hollow Knight and I found that I absolutely loved dying over and over, messing with equipment layouts, exploration, and the thrill of unexpected discovery and well-deserved victory. I'm playing Dark Souls I Remastered Edition, if I had a PS I definitely would have picked up Bloodborne or Demon Souls first instead.

    I'm playing as a thief from Catarina because I love the idea of being jolly and hopeful despite of the inescapable reality that you are officially nasty undead and everything wants to kill you for the second (or twelfth, or one hundredth…) go around. It's really magical stuff going through this killer game holding that kind of attitude as a player.

    Two last things: No clue where or when I picked up the bandit blade (I think that's what it's called?) so I was running around with the busted starter weapon trying to kill or run past things for a good long while. Buuuuuut it was great to walk around and get used to the level design and felt sooooo nice when I figured it out when I got a second weapon (Estoc) and started two-handing undead in one shot. So glad I played Sekiro because I have so much fun with the timing. There's something so satsfying about hitting the buttons at the appropriate moment and watching your decisions play out, even switching weapons and stances mid-combat is fun.

    Second, in my early wanderings I went down to the Undead Burg and killed the first guy I came across. Felt super bad when I realised they were all down there chilling and praying to their clay pots or something. One guy looked like he was 'sunbathing' in the light from the cave ceiling as he looked down upon the city. Town? Decided to leave everyone well enough alone and made it to the part where I was tricked into thinking I had an easy backstab kill against an armor dude and of course quickly realized I couldn't harm him at all. So of course I 'tried' to escape (haven't escaped from enemies successfully once yet...) and got slammed by the flaming barrel. That tense comedy of errors was my best death so far and I look forward to many more memorable ones. Basically even though I've seen many large chunks of the DS series in let's plays I essentially haven't seen jack shit and the exploration in this game is the creme de la creme. The cat's meow. Not to mention the lore, god.

    TLDR; This game feeds me my own asshole and I love it. Can't wait to play II and III and grateful that I matured, faced my silly fears, got over myself, and picked it up.

    I'm sure ya'll get these types of 'First timer' posts all the time so if you read my particular version, thank you!!

    submitted by /u/lyric22
    [link] [comments]

    Just a small survey to gauge the overall community.

    Posted: 14 Jun 2021 02:17 AM PDT

    I'm in the Dukes archives, right after Seath kills you and you wake up in the cell. However I don't have the Archive Tower cell key to open the door?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2021 11:38 PM PDT

    I'm pretty sure I grabbed all the loot since I entered. Did I miss it?

    submitted by /u/BuffaloKiller937
    [link] [comments]

    What's up with Gravelord Servants who run in circles.

    Posted: 13 Jun 2021 09:45 PM PDT

    I'm doing Darkwraith invasions in the burg, and I'm running into someone who I can tell is obviously a Gravelord Servant. Every time I invade they're standing up on the roof right above where you walk up to see the bridge dragon for the first time and whenever I go up there they drop down and I end up having to chase them in that loop over and over again.

    I don't understand what's going on here, they aren't trying to fight me at all, I'm not fast enough to catch them, and I can't leave till one of us dies. I just don't understand what this person is trying to accomplish. They can't get rid of me without killing me or dying either, so I'd feel like it'd be in their best interest to confront me either way.

    I get that Gravelords often get invaded by multiple people at a time, but it's literally just me, he's not kiting a bunch of people around to kill us one by one, he's just running in circles and making me chase him.

    submitted by /u/Airtightspoon
    [link] [comments]

    Am i meant to be here yet?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2021 12:10 PM PDT

    If Artorias and Abyss watchers deal with abyss how did they get corrupted?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2021 10:02 PM PDT

    A dark spirit just gave me 4 souls of sif in undead burg at level 6. Should i drop them? Am i in danger of getting banned?

    Posted: 14 Jun 2021 03:39 AM PDT

    I mean im assuming it was an exploiter cuz , again , level 6.

    submitted by /u/oompaloompa_thewhite
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment