• Breaking News

    Sunday, June 13, 2021

    Dark Souls The fight with Artorias was my favourite so far

    Dark Souls The fight with Artorias was my favourite so far


    The fight with Artorias was my favourite so far

    Posted: 13 Jun 2021 04:14 AM PDT

    Hey everyone,

    So normally I'm only able to play through one area per session due to work restrictions, but yesterday I had much more time and ended up going overboard.

    I started off with the bed of chaos. Despite that fight giving me aids, I guess the gimmick wasn't entire terrible. I mean it was a pleasant surprise that my progress was kept even after dying, and Gywn knows that walk back is forever etched into my soul.

    Then I was off to Duke's archives. Honestly I absolutely loved the design of this area. It felt unique to be fighting in a library that was (tainted?) with crystals. I could have done without the impossible to win boss fight, or the impossible to lose boss fight, but regardless, it was a blast to play through.

    At this point I had all the lord souls, so I wanted to catch up on optional content. I fought Gywndolin, went through the painted world, now just fought Sir Artorias.

    My God that fight was something else. It was weird how sad I felt while fighting him, but so focused because it was challenging. I think it wasn't only my favorite boss fight, but also the one I felt most satisfaction after winning. Absolute perfection.

    Now I'm left finishing up the black dragon, checking out the great hollow/Ash lake then fighting Gywn.

    What an amazing experience so far..

    submitted by /u/No_Blacksmith_1609
    [link] [comments]

    Gravelord nito is a cheater

    Posted: 13 Jun 2021 04:44 AM PDT

    I was fighting Gravelord Nito when all of a sudden, he did a grab attack and put me in this spot surrounded by rocks that is literally impossible to get out of. He then proceeds to spam the miasma attack while seeing me struggle to jump out of this cage of rocks. Well, anyways, Gravelord Nito was 2 ez and was finished after I came back, so I guess he got what he deserves.

    submitted by /u/Void_Lantern
    [link] [comments]

    Playing as Archer

    Posted: 12 Jun 2021 11:57 PM PDT

    I tried it in ds3 but u can carry only 99 arrows.

    Where in DS1/R u can carry 999 which helps a lot haha. And to be honest its the most fun i ever had in DSR.

    I stick to character. Bow only, no crossbow and if surounded i switch to short sword.

    Managed up to before Capra Demon and it was fun. Even got sumoned 3 times for Gargoyles which was quite a surprise and we won all.

    Capra might be a bit chalenging as i am quite used to shotgun him haha.

    Praise the SUN and dont go hollow skeletons. \[T]/

    submitted by /u/Ejkelej
    [link] [comments]

    I finally rung both Bells of awakening!

    Posted: 12 Jun 2021 07:13 PM PDT

    After a whole month of dark souls I finally rung both bells for the first time! Thanks to all who helped me on my journey! PRAISE THE SUN

    submitted by /u/Agimar84
    [link] [comments]

    Finally beat Manus on ng+6

    Posted: 13 Jun 2021 02:48 AM PDT

    After not fighting him since ng I finally beat him. Only kalameet and gwyn left!

    submitted by /u/Memermanmeme
    [link] [comments]

    Alvina's Inspiration?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2021 11:00 PM PDT

    The wiki seems to suggest that Alvina draws inspiration from the Cheshire cat, but watching Princess Mononoke got me thinking maybe she is moreso inspired by Moro. Mostly in the fact that they're both huge white animals, whose sole purpose in life is to guard the forrest, in cooperation with chosen humans. Also I had noticed they both have very wide mouths, and its especially apparent in the scene in which Moro is sitting down similarly to Alvina and laughing.
    https://m.imgur.com/gallery/bLJvIMA

    Though I do see the correlation between Alvina and the Cheshire cat just in the fact that they're both illusory cats.

    Not sure if this is all too reaching, but in my defense, Mononoke was hugely popular in Japan and I think everyone here knows where FromSoft is.

    submitted by /u/youreavampire
    [link] [comments]

    Card of the Day #8: Blowdart Sniper

    Posted: 13 Jun 2021 05:45 AM PDT

    Blowdart Sniper

    1BU, 1/2

    Tap: Blowdart Sniper deals 1 damage to target creature or player.

    Toxic 3 (When this creature deals damage to a creature, place 3 time counters on that creature. During its controller's upkeep, remove a time counter. When the last time counter is removed, sacrifice it.)

    submitted by /u/DarkSoulsMTG
    [link] [comments]

    I just beat Ornstien and Smoug first attempt =D

    Posted: 12 Jun 2021 10:11 PM PDT

    So I'm level 56, 27 vitality, 37 strength with the black Knight greatsword and some +3 armor from the first shop guy and I just beat these guys on the first try with Ornstien being phase 2.

    This boss was fun and only started getting hard when Ornstien started stabbing me three times in a row. They didn't feel as tough as people hyped them up to be but maybe it's because I have this stupidly good sword that I can still upgrade :D

    submitted by /u/MaleficTekX
    [link] [comments]

    Centipede boss on detours

    Posted: 13 Jun 2021 06:36 AM PDT

    So I've fighted the centipede boss for the first time. Got him down to 10% right at the fog position when he grabs eats me half ways and jumps away.

    I had to take a flask and wondered what he was doing, he wasn't to be seen but did a lot of noise. Until I took a look waaaay up. He must have clipped above the ceiling and was rambling around for a minute. I thought okay shit gotta step into the lava to reset when all of a sudden he died... Victory!

    That was odd but hey I take it.

    submitted by /u/aggriify
    [link] [comments]

    Searching for German PC players to play the game coop.

    Posted: 13 Jun 2021 06:08 AM PDT

    Hi guys. In the past I've played DS3 quite a lot and a bit DS2 but never DS1. I don't like to play the game alone so I'm searching for other players who'd like to start a new run with me. Just message me directly if you have interest.

    submitted by /u/Vollhartmetall
    [link] [comments]

    I made it to NG++

    Posted: 13 Jun 2021 06:03 AM PDT

    So yeah I made it to NG++.Also I wanna ask something.Why do people think NG+ four kings is hard? like I beat them on my first try on NG+

    submitted by /u/Lemonade103
    [link] [comments]

    My world is permanently gravelorded and I have no clue what to do

    Posted: 13 Jun 2021 02:11 AM PDT

    Hey everyone,

    About 2 weeks ago I started my 100% journey through the game. Problem is, while Iwas doing the dlc I got gravelorded. Normally this wouldnt be a big deal, Ill just kill the gravelord and thats it, right? Well, I found the sign, invaded and killed the gravelord, but the gravelorded enemies are still there. I tried opening the game again in offline mode but it didnt help. Theres no sign or anything. People said online that just waiting some time will help, but I already waited over a week and nothing changed.

    Problem is, im on ng+ and even with giants set+5 and 45 vitality most of the gravelorded enemies oneshot me. I seriously have no clue what to do now since the dlc is hard af on its own already. If anyone knows how to fix this id be very grateful, thanks

    submitted by /u/Nemisis_HD
    [link] [comments]

    Need a co op buddy

    Posted: 12 Jun 2021 10:54 PM PDT

    Want a buddy or group to chill on dark souls with I'm trying to get back into it, I'm on Xbox one

    submitted by /u/Monkey_King05
    [link] [comments]

    I completed it ☀️ Praise the sun

    Posted: 12 Jun 2021 05:07 PM PDT

    First play through of DS1 and I can tell you I feel relief and accomplishment. I feel like I deserve an award 😹

    I had heard that it was a very difficult game which intrigued me at first and then I saw the 'prepare to die edition' going cheap on a steam holiday sale. Must of been like 1 or £2, it was a steal at the time.

    The game sat on my steam for about 2 years without an install Until one hungover morning I decided to give it shot. The scenery is what really pulled me in, giant structures, shear drops, passages between areas and few places of security.

    Although I partially disliked how unexpected the game could be, there was something addicting about it.

    [spoiler alert] Some honorable mentions:

    1. I thought the Capra demon was mandatory and it felt impossible as it would one shot me no problem. I had bought a shit ton of bombs and by pure chance I glitched onto a tree, unreachable by dogs and Mr Capra. At which point he suffered death by bombs 💣

    2. Couldn't beat Quelaag so I asked Solaire to act as bate as I threw my bombs 💣 😹

    3. When I discovered how strong the great club was I strolled through sen's fortress.

    4. The archers at Anor Londo stopped me in my tracks. I don't know why but I just couldn't do it, even after watching YouTube tutorials so I gave up. Not long after two friends had told me the boss was much worse than the archers and even they couldn't beat it. This deterred me more.

    2 years pass before I returned, though I had tried every now and again. Tended to be on hungover days, not sure why. But this time it was different I had passed the archers finally! That put a lot of momentum in my step, I was going to complete this game once and for all.

    Enter Smough and Ornstein, a shock and a nightmare for most players but equally as rewarding. Before I killed them I must have gone up several levels and upgraded my halberd a lot. I had also discovered the dragon tooth.

    The dragon tooth literally allowed me to walk through the rest of the game as if it was nothing. Okay, it wasn't all downhill but compared to the first half, easy. (The archives were a little annoying at times but not the boss)

    Meet Gwyn. Let's just put it this way I had 40 red titanite and I wasn't looking for it nor did I need it. I had survived the whole game without parrying and now I had to figure it out, died again and again and again. It was beginning to feel like the archers or the Capra all over again.

    I had become better at parrying whilst repeatedly battling the knights on the path to Gwyn. But I could not beat him, and after squeezing and abusing my Xbox 360 control attached to my PC, eventually I caved.

    I went on YouTube and found a video showing exactly when to parry Gwyn, I stopped the video and beat him right after. Although I feel like that was a bit of a cheat I was on the verge of giving up again. I had found him more difficult than S and O but this was probably due to my inexperience in parrying. Nevertheless darkness has subsided, it's over.

    Praise the sun.

    submitted by /u/Dougy120
    [link] [comments]

    Couple souls serie questions

    Posted: 13 Jun 2021 04:03 AM PDT

    Hello, I have a couple questions regarding many games in the serie so I decided to drop them all here since it's the original I guess.

    Will bloodborne and demon souls ever come to steam? Also is there any chance in hell that ds3 ever gets a remaster kinda like what ds1 and ds2 went through?

    Another question, I consider myself a pretty hard completionist when it comes to games and that's including any dlc, soundtrack dlc, pre-order bonuses, limited time event items and whatnot. The games I'm wondering about are:

    Ds1 prepare to die edition ( i think it's the original right?) Ds remaster Ds2 Ds2 scholar of the first sin Ds3

    Does anyone know which game in this list had pre-order bonuses and if so what they are? Would there be anywhere to get them today?

    Lastly I heard of limited reskinned weapons in ds2, I'll assume the only way to get them nowadays is through trades?

    Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you.^

    submitted by /u/LilDan11
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls Buddy

    Posted: 12 Jun 2021 04:38 PM PDT

    Looking for a dark souls buddy! ran through game around 50 times over the past 10 years... Yea i still suck haha but its fun. Just looking for someone to chat with on discord and run through the bosses together. Mods or no Mods. Add me on discord Mad_#7823

    submitted by /u/Long_Meat_3749
    [link] [comments]

    blighttown help

    Posted: 13 Jun 2021 03:27 AM PDT

    so basically im in blight town near shiva of the east and my current weapon (gargoyle halberd +6)

    i have about 15k souls and what weapon should I buy from him?

    here are my stats

    vitality 15

    attunement 12

    endurance 15

    strength 17

    dexterity 14

    resistant 13

    intelligence 12

    faith 12

    submitted by /u/Hollowknightpro
    [link] [comments]

    I need help in Dark Souls Remastered

    Posted: 13 Jun 2021 03:23 AM PDT

    I'm still using the basic armour they give you after the tutorial, I'm in the part where you meet the dragon in the bridge, my question is: Is the armour I have good for how far I'm through the game?

    submitted by /u/BozoSpace
    [link] [comments]

    Black Knight Greatsowrd vs Dragon Greatsword

    Posted: 13 Jun 2021 07:03 AM PDT

    What makes more damage: Black Knight Greatsword with its scalings or the Dragon Greatsword with its enormous base damage?

    submitted by /u/DaNoahLP
    [link] [comments]

    Just finished my first playthrough :)

    Posted: 13 Jun 2021 06:26 AM PDT

    So as the title suggests, I just completed the game for the first time. And boy was it a helluva game.

    For starters, I was drawn in by it's reputation for being difficult and unforgiving, and it certainly delivered. It can not be stressed enough that new players should take their time with this game, exploring the ins and outs of each area and learning about the mechanics and getting better. You will die. You will fail. That is the point of the game. How you rebound from this failure determines your success in the game as a whole. It can be easy to give up on the tough bosses and enemies. However, the game has a great way of keeping you going.

    In some games, when you constantly fail and lose to that one enemy or boss or area, it can be really frustrating and demoralizing. Dark Souls is different. Every time I was struck down by an enemy, there was no one to blame but myself. No random bs mechanic or glitch, but rather it was my own incompetence and lack of attention that led to my demise.

    The unforgiving nature of the game drives you to want to learn the situation better. I spent a good three hours on the fight against Gwyn. Each time I died, it gave me a chance to find the flaws in my fighting style and it taught me not to rely on the same tactics I used in other fights. Each time you go into a fight, you need to have a plan or a strategy if you expect to make it out on top.

    This is truly a masterpiece of a game, one that I feel is extremely rewarding for those who spend the time to learn from their mistakes and build upon their weaknesses. I'm moving onto Dark Souls 2 now as I plan to play them in order, but I know for sure I will be coming back to this game in the near future for another play-through.

    And as always, Praise the Sun!

     \`[T] / 
    submitted by /u/JohnnyBoy875
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment