• Breaking News

    Friday, February 28, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Fashion Friday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Fashion Friday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Fashion Friday.

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 10:10 PM PST

    What does your current PvP character look like? If your character has a back story to go with their personal fashion statement we'd like to hear that, too!

    Don't forget to check out /r/fashionsouls for all of your fashion needs.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls games are horrors.

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 10:20 AM PST

    Imagine how scary the Bearer of the Curse must be for the enemies. You fight dragons, Aldia's creations, giants, twisted eldritch beings and they are sometimes terrifying.

    But imagine how absolutely terrifying it must be to see a powerful being such as the Bearer of the Curse, returns only to try to kill you every time they die, without rest, again and again, until you ultimately fall as another one of his victims and are absorbed by him as nothing more than a form of currency and power.

    submitted by /u/Bege151
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls II started my souls journey

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 03:02 AM PST

    So here I am in 2020, finally playing through and beating Scholar of the First Sin. Some of the additions were aggravating, some, like Aldia, were cool as hell. The OG Dks 2 was my first souls game and man was I awestruck. The music, the atmosphere, the freshness of the combat compared to other modern games. The blindness of not using a guide (for the most part) and figuring everything out on the go. Most people have crazy nostalgia for firelink shrine and the undead burg in Dark Souls, but for me that nostalgia is with Majula and the Forest of Fallen Giants. I played the OG Dks 2 about 7 times and I loved it more each playthrough. It's crazy how much this series has stuck with me. As this latest playthrough of the game that started it all for me will most likely be my last time going through Dark Souls II, I just wanted to share my thoughts in writing for myself and possibly anyone else that started the series with the second game. Thank you Dark Souls II and don't give up skeleton!

    submitted by /u/H01yHandGrenade
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls Armour in Real Life

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 08:32 PM PST

    Dark Souls armour in real life-Took a long time, but I finally did it. I made this video & I thought you would enjoy. Dark Souls is my favourite game of all time.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syeFcRen5H4&t=3s

    submitted by /u/Night_Pain420
    [link] [comments]

    I'm a complete newbie looking for recommendations on weapon types

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 07:07 AM PST

    I am as new to the Dark Souls series as you can get and I'm starting with SotfS. While I want to keep progression and bosses as surprises, my biggest question is: Is there a tier list for weapon types?

    My preferred weapons are a longsword or mace with a great shield, but I've tried others and they just seem objectively worse to me. For example, are the lance or whip considered bad or just "good weapons if you can make them work"?

    I've tried finding a list of good vs bad weapons but I repeatedly just find -specific- weapons instead of weapon types.

    submitted by /u/Kelbi
    [link] [comments]

    wtf

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 11:41 AM PST

    fuck the black gulch and The Rotten. holy hell

    submitted by /u/ethan__cc
    [link] [comments]

    Finally got the plat trophy!

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 11:16 AM PST

    Here is a picture, with my favorite DS2 armor (Llewellyn Set) and my favorite weapon of any soulsborne game ever, the dark souls 2 iteration of the almighty Greatsword! Jesus Christ I love this thing so much.

    Getting the sunlight medals was actually pretty fast, took me a little more than one hour farming the first falconer at the tseldora bonfire to get 29. Getting the Hidden Weapon was actually boring as shit, I had to despawn everyone and use the unveil trick to find the Mad Warrior, it took me a shitload of time, but it was the very last thing I needed so I just couldn't resist. At this character ridiculous SM there was no way I was going to get the rank through pvp too.

    Still, compared to the grind for the DS3 (specially those goddamn anor londo silver knights) trophy, this one was pretty fast.

    DS3 is still my favorite From game, but DS2 actually made it to a close second, after a lot of time avoiding the game because I couldn't get into it. Now I'm going to NG+3 at a Covenant of Champions only run (except for the trophy grinding of course) and I'm having a real blast. This covenant is just too much fun. It makes the game very hard even though you can have an extremely high level character, which is a lot of fun because you basically become able to have every build at once and just choose how to approach each boss and area in a different and creative way.

    This game is amazing.

    submitted by /u/ikws
    [link] [comments]

    Does physical armor become more redundant in later cycles?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 08:37 AM PST

    I'm finally getting around to blowing through my NG++ cylce on DS2 do I can get the spells from Wellinger. I play as a hexer, and carry the Ice Rapier as a sidearm weapon for "close encounters", and by the end of NG+ I was realizing that heavier armor wasn't worth the weight in a lot of situations. There were a few spots like the Iron Keep where I wanted to have some extra poise to deal with the knights, but otherwise it seemed like dodging was my best bet.

    Right now I have about 15 if vitality, and usually carry a Defender shield along with my rapier and a couple of staves. Am I correct in assuming that for NG++ I should plan out some gear sets with more elemental protection, or effects I want (like the Lion stuff for casting speed)?

    My agility currently sits at 99. Will I see some big benefits from bumping this up a bit? I've come across old threads where people mention 105 as being equivalent to the fast roll in Dark Souls, but wasn't sure if these numbers are still relevant. I find the Defender shield really good for physical protection, and otherwise try to roll when I can. Some enemies seem to have my number though, and I find myself having to use a combination or rolling and blocking.

    submitted by /u/Drunken_Scribe
    [link] [comments]

    Inspirational inscription

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 09:24 PM PST

    "Accomplishments are forever out of reach to those who constantly fear failure."
    -Parrying Dagger

    Never read the description for it before, but that hit me deep. Im doing a parry only run now lol no shields

    submitted by /u/saggysandwich
    [link] [comments]

    red spirit in belfry sol

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 01:18 PM PST

    has anyone ever seen this? im in NG and it wasnt another player. it killed me and i havent seen it again, cant find anything about it on the wiki

    submitted by /u/lilsleepy616
    [link] [comments]

    Late game dex weapons?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 10:23 AM PST

    I've been using a rapier for basically the entire game but I can't seem to find any other dex weapons with better stats. Anyone know any good ones?

    Edit: Good ones for PvE*

    submitted by /u/Blundertail
    [link] [comments]

    Best weapon that also scales with int?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 07:19 AM PST

    I want to become a type of battle mage, I want a weapon that take advantage of int and strenght/dexterity, any ideas?

    submitted by /u/Pig_2608
    [link] [comments]

    Farming chunks

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 11:24 AM PST

    Automatic Parries?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 09:41 AM PST

    I've never used the parrying dagger in any of the other games, but I decided I'd use it because I don't use shields for anything else. I also last left off in DS3 with the Farron Greatsword, and just wow what a great weapon.

    Anyways, a weird thing started happening just now. There was three occasions that I performed a perfect parry without having input it; two against one of the knights guarding the door to Mytha, and another in a pvp duel.

    My controller has had some problems with drifting for some time, but nothing with the L2 button so far. And if it is from my controller bugging out, then that's some really weird luck. The last thing I leveled happens to be adp, so maybe it could have something to do with that?

    I'd really like to know, because if this is a mechanic unique to the parrying dagger or something I'd rather not use it. I can't see any downside to it that could get me killed or anything, but taking away the risk and the intent of parrying takes the fun out of it and makes me feel like I'm cheating.

    submitted by /u/youthofnausea
    [link] [comments]

    Online play

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 12:48 PM PST

    Which of the souls series has the best and most active online play???

    submitted by /u/littlefootneverdied
    [link] [comments]

    Multiplayer PS4

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 12:42 PM PST

    Hello my psn is RpooDpoo (play on rR2D2 :) ) and just wondering if anyone would like to join me in a new game?

    submitted by /u/WeirdWaffle13
    [link] [comments]

    Farming chunks

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 11:24 AM PST

    I already killed the bosses I needed to summon Lucatiel for to get the achievement. Can I use bonfire ascetics to summon her and still get it?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 10:28 AM PST

    My question in the title. I actually summoned Lucatiel for the Smelter Demon and still haven't fought the Rotten, however I did already kill the Flexile Sentry and the Lost Sinner without here help. It's my understanding that you need to summon her three times to get the achievement, so can I just re-spawn the Lost Sinner to get it?

    EDIT: So my first question got answered pretty quickly so I have a second maybe more difficult one: Could I theoretically summon Lucatiel for the same boss three times and get the achievement using bonfires ascetics, or do they need to be three unique bosses?

    submitted by /u/napo_simba
    [link] [comments]

    Double pursuers 290k sm

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 10:22 AM PST

    Hi, can you help me with the double pursuers fight?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Dah_Vincey
    [link] [comments]

    Your favourite Souls game? Vote!

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 02:40 AM PST

    Here-https://strawpoll.com/r2kb74ca

    I know this is a second post but I need more votes to finally settle it. Let's go!

    submitted by /u/TheGodSlayer110060
    [link] [comments]

    Aagh the controls and camera

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 10:05 AM PST

    I don't recall having any issues with the controls or camera last time I played DS2, but having just finished DSR on Switch Lite then going straight to DS2 on PS4, the camera, the controls, the menus, even the size of my character on screen was a bit of a shock. I'm sure I'll get used to it.

    submitted by /u/VonGibbons
    [link] [comments]

    Return to Drangleic - Nashandra downed !! (Xbox 360)

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 10:16 PM PST

    Just finished my NG downing final boss after 4 tries !!

    https://aijaa.com/pzu6y2

    I have never tried STR build and really enjoyed it! Most of the game was also soooo addictive that I almost forgot how GOOD DS2 is !!

    I had rough time with Rotten, Giant Lord and some final parts of the game like Shrine of Amana and Aldia's keep. But most of the bosses went with 1-3 tries.

    I also met new friends and I was summoned few times while exploring Drangleic castle. Thank you guys for help! You know who you are.

    Amazing event and I'm seeing you guys in NG+ while mopping up final achievements! Praise the sun and don't go hollow.

    submitted by /u/leggy-zebra
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment