• Breaking News

    Tuesday, June 8, 2021

    Dark Souls Oswald of Carim is Catholic

    Dark Souls Oswald of Carim is Catholic


    Oswald of Carim is Catholic

    Posted: 07 Jun 2021 07:49 PM PDT

    You meet him in a church guarded by gargoyles after ringing a bell. Gargoyles were heavily incorporated in the architecture of catholic buildings, and in Christianity the ringing of a bell is used to summon worshippers. But the biggest piece of evidence is that YOU BUY INDULGENCES FROM HIM. You acquire sin throughout the game, and then can go to him to pay him to remove it, just like catholic indulgences. The price even increases the higher your level is, just like how the price of indulgences would often fluctuate based on the sinners economic standing. This is indisputable proof that Oswald of Carim is, in fact, Catholic. I will not be accepting any constructive criticism on my observations because this is not a theory, but complete factual evidence.

    submitted by /u/PyroDellz
    [link] [comments]

    Pro tip if you plan on killing Gwyndolin

    Posted: 07 Jun 2021 09:59 PM PDT

    Finish Gwyndolin before turning Anor Londo dark. If you end Gwynevere before Gwyndolin, you'll be cut off from Gwyndolin's bonfire. Unless you really like doing the cathedral rafter walk, it's a long trek back if you don't beat she/he right away. You can warp back to it from the Dukes, but it's still a pain.

    submitted by /u/monstervet
    [link] [comments]

    Bell Gargoyles - OC Fan Art - Part of an Illustrated Tribute To Dark Souls

    Posted: 07 Jun 2021 04:59 AM PDT

    https://imgur.com/gallery/SlVfnTc

    I hope you all enjoy! Let me know what you think!

    More info underneath the imgur post :)

    submitted by /u/Bloc-Illustration
    [link] [comments]

    Newbie here: can I save Solaire without joining warriors of sunlight?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2021 08:59 PM PDT

    I want to save Solaire, but accidentally joined daughters of chaos first. Is it still possible to save Solaire?

    submitted by /u/William_ghost1
    [link] [comments]

    pyromancy not having int/fai scaling in this game was jaring

    Posted: 07 Jun 2021 05:54 PM PDT

    going from ds3 where pyromancy was connected to both intelligence and faith to dsr where your pyromancy is connected to what level your pyromancy flame is was abit of a shock especially when none of the spells require investments

    submitted by /u/ZHIKIX
    [link] [comments]

    Ornstein's Not an Illusion

    Posted: 07 Jun 2021 08:25 PM PDT

    What doesn't make sense to me is that, yeah, you kill Ornstein he gets smashed by the hammer, boom. Makes sense so far, right? But what people totally seem to forget is that, yeah he dies in the cutscene, but you also kill Smough right after that. You defeat and supposedly "kill" him too. Despite him being " the last knight to stand in defence of the cathedral". Either way you kill both of them. It's entirely possible that Ornstein survives to search for the Nameless King.

    There are other examples of bosses surviving being defeated.

    Like the Giant Lord who you fight later because he becomes The Last Giant

    Not every boss you defeat dies.

    And I know this is probably the furthest stretch you'll hear in this but hear me out. If you use play as character mods, you can actually hear him breathing.

    I know that sounds fuckin weird, but just hear me out.

    Thank you for coming to my TED talk

    Edit: Now that I think about it I probably should've put this on DarkSouls 3 subreddit, because it much more pretains to that

    submitted by /u/regokeh253
    [link] [comments]

    Two true events that sound completely made up

    Posted: 07 Jun 2021 04:54 PM PDT

    Preface: I will warn you both of these things seem so utterly ridiculous that I almost didn't post them due to how unbelievable they were in their entirety but here we are anyway.

    Firstly, My Grandfather passed away last Tuesday and as such I will be flying down Wednesday for the funeral. I'm not telling you this in order to garner sympathy from you but rather it is a required bit of information for the purely accidental macabre humor that is to follow.

    My wife likes to order presents early so she's had my Father's day presents set aside for a while now. One of said gifts happened to have been a Video Game shirt that she ordered a few months back. She decided about 20 minutes ago that, to help try to cheer me up, she'd give it to me early, with the pretense of me wearing it on the flight/ in the hotel/ whatever.

    Before I continue, please know that my wife is an amazingly sweet person, almost to a fault, without a malicious bone in her body and as such any dark connotation here was entirely unintentional...

    Which makes this so much more uncomfortably funny.

    So cut to the actual interaction. She throws me a package saying, "Happy early father's day!"

    I quickly unwrap it, smile broadly and thank her, to which she immediately replies, "You can take it with you on your trip!"

    http://imgur.com/a/qSYFYEp

    Through tears of laughter I try to explain how this would NOT be a good idea to my wife and she cannot fathom why anyone would see it as anything more than just some random video game shirt. I'm relatively certain she's rather frustrated with me at this point.

    So here I am still reeling at this while my wife assures me repeatedly that she was in fact NOT making a joke and that I'm a terrible person for even implying that's what she meant, when my three year old comes in the room and swipes my new shirt.

    She runs around silly-like for a few seconds, making sure I'm not going to take it from her before ultimately putting it on. I immediately decided it would be a wonderful photo opportunity but her being a three year old she was not making it very easy.

    Finally I directed her toward the center of the room and simply said, "Look here and show me the shirt!" to which she responded with my new favorite picture.

    http://imgur.com/a/NwS9ZG2

    I swear it only could've been better with tiptoes.

    EDIT: Please be aware that I am 100% certain she was not trying to 'Praise the Sun' as I have never played the game in her presence (she's 3 c'mon). Merely in trying to display the image better she lucked into this pose.

    submitted by /u/AbysswalkerSilent
    [link] [comments]

    Do you prefer wearing all pieces of an armor set or mixing and matching?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2021 01:16 AM PDT

    I always wear full armor sets. My brain won't allow me to roll with a mismatched set.

    Curious how it is for everyone else

    submitted by /u/justfortoukiden
    [link] [comments]

    Truth about Solaire's Journey (theory)

    Posted: 08 Jun 2021 02:25 AM PDT

    Hello! First time posting here, today, at 2 in the morning where i live, i want to talk about something that I've been thinking since 2014, the time when I first find out about Dark souls and became obsessed with it, and specially, it's lore.

    I think we all know about Solaire's story, his journey to find his sun in Lordran, a Knight from Astora that just make himself an undead so he can fullfil this mission, a lot of people (me included) loved this character since we met him, and make everything on our hands to save him from his depressing end.

    However, i'm about to relate him to another character from the game, that i'm surprised no one relate to him before, Anastasia, the Shrine firekeeper.

    First of all, let's talk about his purpose, find his own sun, at first and for a long time we've been thinking about this analogy pretty much as something like some of the God's power, will or influence (especially the nameless king of Gwyn, that are the ones directly related to the warriors of sunlight) as he poorly explain to ourselves the first time we met him, however it's hardly implied the influence of the first born of Gwyn on his actions and how this specific god it's related to something about the family (his statue with what we think it's his mother on the church) and the fact that he's whole premise is about being exiled by Gwyn because of his betrayal.

    What if, Solaire wasn't searching for something, but someone? The premise of "my own sun" can be related to someone precious, our couple, a daughter/son, a mother, and i don't know about you, but i've heard of similar things through my life, with other people's relationship and even my own romantic relationships.

    Every place we can find Solaire through the game, has one think on common, it's directly related to a firekeeper, the undead church and the firekeepers corpse on the mail hall, Anor Londo and the dark sun firekeeper, and finally, Lost Izalith, and even more, the secret passage, directly related to Quelaag's sister, another firekeeper, and he talk about some other places where he wonder his sun is, like the tomb of the gravelord or blightown (that also have a firekeeper soul on the area) but as you can tell, he never get to be in the last place where there's a firekeeper, The firelink Shrine. I've always find this kinda odd, every major NPC in the game get to be on the shrine (aside blacksmiths) everyone, except Solaire, he talks to us about Blightown, an as you can assume, if he get to the kiln of the first flame, on his world, he forcefully needed to get to new Londo, however, the fact that he cleared Blightown before can tell us that he get to new Londo from the top of Blightown or from the woods and not from the shrine, making him to never get to meet with Anastasia.

    The only time Solaire get to be on the shrine was on one of the game trailers from the game, aside Tarkus, they get removed from there intentionally, making Tarkus just an summonable NPC with a tragic backstory and end, but what happen to Solaire? The naive irony i guess, he was just steps from the shrine at the begging but never get to be there, he didn't even get to mention it at any point on the game, he didn't know about the place.

    Now let's talk about Anastasia for a second, and talk a lil bit about Lautrec as well, as i suppose you know, Anastasia is from a very peculiar place, Astora, place of formidable knights, and as we all know, homeland of Solaire, searching and even going to a playthrough by myself just to try and clarify things to me, there's just one firekeeper with a know location from birth, Anastasia, somehow Miyazaki and it's team wanted us to know that Anastasia was from Astora, (we can assume Quelaag's sister is from Izalith and Reah, wasn't supposed to be a firekeeper, the dark sun firekeeper, has no mention of where she's from).

    It's implied that she's a firekeeper for the power she can wield, and not because she wanted to (like other firekeepers, even so we can see in DS3 that they decide to be firekeepers and they're protected) so we can assume that she tried to scape from this duty before, that's why she has her legs and tongue chopped off (yes, Anastasia has no legs, her skirt mention mutilation and if you get to see her model, it's an unique one, she has her legs chopped off, we can assume that once we give her soul back she regained them, however she seems to not have any will to scape again, maybe because she gives up on the hopes of meeting Solaire again) and if we think about Anastasia as someone related to Solaire, we can understand why she's so pursuit for her capabilities, if she's blood related, it's know that Solaire is a strength monster, a man so powerful that everyone fear him, if it's something blood related, Anastasia power must come from there, and it's they're lovers of something, we can assume they gain their strength together somewhere on the past.

    Have you ever wonder why Lautrec have a sunlight medal? And he offer it just when he's with Anastasia on the shrine? We know how Lautrec is, it's not crazy talk to think he may stole it from her, maybe a souvenir from the past, that she hand over, because she didn't care anymore.

    As many people know, Solaire didn't find the sunlight maggot and think it was his sun, unlike other NPCs, Solaire was completely hopeful when he get to the secret passage, the maggot controlled him, he didn't get crazy by himself, because he didn't get hollow at any point.

    Now with some thing cleared, let's talk about our last encounter with Solaire, the kiln.

    The only way Solaire could get to the kiln was from the shrine (don't think he could get there by siding with Kathee) it's been told (I don't remember where do i saw this confirmation) but Solaire did link the fire on his world, why? He's praise for Gwyn in a way and sees him as a magnificent God, why kill him and link the fire? If on his world he follows Frampt and Gwynevere's instructions for the chosen undead, he knew about linking the fire, but he was never interested on it, he never cared and he never mentioned to us as well, he just wanted his sun, why make it to the kiln If he was not interested? Well, that's why we can say he made it, at last, to the shrine, we didn't get to see it, but we can say he made it to Anastasia, and in order to free her from her bonds that she had, he needed to stop the God that created the bonfires, and make his beloved one, an slave. He left his sign behind not just to help any undead that made it into the kiln, but help anyone that make it into Gwyn, and free Anastasia in many other worlds.

    I guess that's it, I've been thinking about this for a long time, and i may forgot some things that i thought along the way since 2014, I hope you like it, and maybe make it into your head cannon :)

    PD: it's almost 5 in the morning, I've been writing and searching for things for 3 hours straight

    PD2: sorry for my English, it's not my native language

    I hope everyone that sees this, get to have a really nice day.

    Goodbye!

    submitted by /u/narommm
    [link] [comments]

    Finished Dark Souls

    Posted: 07 Jun 2021 10:19 AM PDT

    I just wanted to make a thank you post to the community for all of your help.

    I've always been a huge fan of dark fantasy, I read a ton of dark fantasy novels, and many of my favorite games are dark fantasy, though usually story driven like Dragon Age and the Witcher. The aesthetic of Dark Souls had always appealed to me, but every soulslike I'd played in the past I'd disliked because they were too punishing, so I knew I wouldn't enjoy Dark Souls. However, every time I saw stuff about Dark Souls, I felt drawn to it as I just loved the vibe, and Solaire seemed really cool. In January, I saw a tabletop RPG hack for a souls game and finally decided I just needed to play Dark Souls so that I could know for sure that I didn't enjoy it and stop wondering every time I saw it. I wishlisted it and decided next time it was on sale, I'd get it and play it, just to have some closure.

    May came and it was on sale for half off, so I picked it up. I asked the subreddit for build advice and described my playstyle in most action rpgs and they told me to go with Havel's Set, the greatshield of artorias, either the zweihander or claymore, and havel's ring+the ring of favor and protection so I wouldn't move slow. I also asked about Solaire and was told to get to +2 chaos servant and to kill the maggots, and also given some cryptic-at-the-time advice like "kill the dogs first."

    I started the game as a knight to have good armor and put a point into faith to have heal and set out on my adventure. I was pleasantly surprised to find how much I enjoyed the game. Halfway through the undead burg I realized that it didn't feel like other soulslikes I'd played because i didn't have to "git gud" as much as i had to "git smart." The more I learned the levels, the smoother things went, and I brought down the taurus demon having never died without getting to my bloodstain first.

    Anor Londo was where I fell in love with the game (archers notwithstanding) because it was beautiful, my build was coming together, and I really felt immersed in the universe. I clocked 49 hours over three weeks and could barely put it down. Every new area had more of this amazing world to interact with. I brought down Ornstein and Smough, Praised the Sun with Solaire and saved him from the maggots, joining the Warriors of Sunlight after I didn't need to be a chaos servant anymore. I killed hollowed friends and mourned my buddy Siegmeyer after he succumbed to his injuries after fighting chaos eaters back to back with me in Lost Izalith. And when Solaire and I finally brought down Gwyn and I lit the flame, I just sat in stunned silence watching the credits.

    I couldn't believe it. I went in expecting to dislike the game, and just wanted closure on being attracted to the aesthetic. While I didn't love it quite as much as the narrative-first RPGs I normally play, Dark Souls was undoubtedly amazing and I'm so glad I picked it up. I've spent the time since I finished it reading more about the lore and watching ThePruid's videos on youtube and have wishlisted the second and third games on steam, because if there's more of this universe, I want it. Thank you to everyone on the reddit who gave me advice when I wandered in here lost, and thanks to all of the undead who I summoned to help me with the bosses. I couldn't have done it without your jolly cooperation.

    \'[+]/

    submitted by /u/Yunshenunomei
    [link] [comments]

    Have y’all seen this yet! #newlore

    Posted: 07 Jun 2021 06:54 PM PDT

    I was wrong about this game I just beat the Taurus demon

    Posted: 07 Jun 2021 08:23 PM PDT

    I take back any negative thing I said about this game. This is actually a good game. I just beat the Taurus but I'm not gonna lie I cheesed him because I went up to the tower and jump attacked him like 4 times. But my list hit was after I landed the penultimate hit I landed the killing blow on the bridge. I met Solaire and he's pretty cool. I got past the bridge dragon but I couldn't get the drake sword from him. I killed the armored boar and I'm exploring the undead parish. I kinda like it more that DS3 now even tho it's a bit slow but I'm playing as a knight. Is it faster with a rogue/assassin class? Also is there a stat sheet for the knight build? I can post my current stats to show where if that helps.

    submitted by /u/Enigma_33456
    [link] [comments]

    Capra Demon SL1. How the fuck

    Posted: 07 Jun 2021 04:59 PM PDT

    I'm using the Reinforced Club+5, Wooden Sheild, and Pyromancer set. It hard enough getting to the damn thing (especially since the Hollows can grab me out of the fog wall animation). And one hit from the dogs, the one hit from the demon and it's game over. What the hell do I do

    EDIT: Nvm guys I just facetanked with the stone set

    submitted by /u/Technician_Frosty
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Sun Gwyndolin for your prayer corner (Fanart)

    Posted: 07 Jun 2021 10:18 PM PDT

    https://twitter.com/Alisa_Aydin/status/1401952178768543747

    My partner requested Gwyndolin depicted as a pseudo orthodox icon. Hope you enjoy!

    submitted by /u/Kingstof
    [link] [comments]

    Avelyn +15 vs Lightning Avelyn +5 (DSr)

    Posted: 07 Jun 2021 10:40 PM PDT

    Which will deal better damage, the Avelyn+15 with Heavy Bolts or Lightning Avelyn +5 with Lightning Bolts? I'm doing a crossbow only run and trying to decide which to go with. I've heard they're comparable damage but is the Lightning path worth it? I'm asking because Lightning Bolts are insanely expensive and the Heavy Bolts will be a significantly smaller soul investment. If the LTG path is significantly higher damage it's worth it, but if they're close then probably not. Your thoughts?

    submitted by /u/Dubstep_Is_Dead
    [link] [comments]

    New game plus or fresh runs for trilogy replay?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2021 03:55 AM PDT

    I'm going to replay the whole trilogy back to back for the first time ever, despite being on a Ng+5 run on dark souls 1, a Ng+2 for dark souls 2, and a Ng+4 in dark souls 3. I was just wondering if it's better to replay each game on a fresh new game or continue my Ng+ runs when playing the trilogy back to back so as to recapture the experiences of first playing them?

    submitted by /u/Bowbag_
    [link] [comments]

    I really messed up and got rid of my Artorias' soul.

    Posted: 08 Jun 2021 12:09 AM PDT

    I saw a girl in the artorias arena and just clicking through the text I gave her Artorias' soul and I don't know what to do on how to get it back and I can't handle another new game does someone have one they can spare me or any advice on how to get it back so can get his sword?

    submitted by /u/Agile-Abbreviations8
    [link] [comments]

    I need help (no spoilers)

    Posted: 08 Jun 2021 03:50 AM PDT

    First things first:

    I am a warrior class level 46. Idk my exact stats bc i am not on pc, but i have vitality 20+, endurance 25, strength 21 dexterity 23 or so. My weapon is Quelaag's Furysword +3.

    I am at O&S boss fight and it took me over 30 tries already. I have a rule that I will not summon and take help from others or NPCs on my first playthrough. That boss fight is amazing and the soundrack is magnificent.

    Should I push further and do it, or should I explore some of the areas I haven't yet fully explored, find some loot, and go back? Like Great Hollow, Demon Ruins, the skeleton area near firelink, New London, Darkroot garden(i have defeated thebutterfly there), darkroot basin and i think that is all of the areas I have left unexplored.

    Should I explore and come back to fatty and quicky later?

    submitted by /u/Olik12346
    [link] [comments]

    Help for a purches

    Posted: 07 Jun 2021 02:47 PM PDT

    Hi guys, I have been playing dark souls (the original one) for more time than I would to admit. I was wondering, what if I buy the remastered version? Does the old one get "overwritten" on steam?
    By that I mean, does steam separe Dark souls remastered from the original one? Or do I lose the original one by buying the new one?

    submitted by /u/TheBabuxx
    [link] [comments]

    Just got two slabs!

    Posted: 07 Jun 2021 07:38 PM PDT

    Farming the old Darkwraiths for chunks. Gold Serpent Ring, +10 humanity. Never got a slab this way before, didn't even know you could..

    submitted by /u/Elder_Otto
    [link] [comments]

    Pinwheel

    Posted: 08 Jun 2021 12:38 AM PDT

    Being completely honest, how many of you have died to pinwheel?

    submitted by /u/Taquitoloco28
    [link] [comments]

    Keep getting cursed by Seath the Scaleless. Are there any tips on killing him and/or preventing getting cursed during the fight. Is the cursebite ring good enough on its own for curse resist?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2021 12:35 AM PDT

    I don't really want to put on different armor for curse resist because I like the poise I have on my armor. I'm mostly asking for ways to avoid getting cursed during the fight because it's the only thing killing me.

    submitted by /u/Potatoboi17
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to leave Gwyn's arena?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2021 08:45 AM PDT

    I have done the DLC but there are some more areas and items I have yet to explore and collect. Completely forgot the game locks you inside of Gwyn's arena once you kill him. I tried using a homeward bone but Miyazaki said no and it just respawns me in the arena. Is there any way at all to leave? I very much doubt it anyway. But thanks in advance nontheless

    submitted by /u/thedarksoul0
    [link] [comments]

    Can't use Soul Arrow with Catalyst

    Posted: 07 Jun 2021 08:16 PM PDT

    I'm so lost, and none of my research turned anything up. I bought Soul Arrow. I bought Sorcerer's Catalyst. I equip the catalsyst. I tap light attack. Character twists and turns the catalyst and scratches his head.

    I've tried both hands, but nothing works. What am I missing???

    submitted by /u/jtlsound
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment