• Breaking News

    Sunday, February 2, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Salty Sunday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Salty Sunday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Salty Sunday.

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 10:10 PM PST

    Today's Salty Sunday is brought to you by the Frigid Outskirts.

    Summoned into a gank squad on the Iron Keep Bridge? Died to Fume Knight for the 100th time? Think you're getting boned by SOTFS?

    Grab a spoon and watch your blood pressure soar! All complaints are welcome here. Just keep things civil and follow the Posting Guidelines in the sidebar.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Ruin Sentinels Strategy Guide

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 06:35 AM PST

    This seems to be a common roadblock for many new players every time the game goes on sale, so I figured I'd write out a complete guide that I can easily reference every time they come up.

    Getting to the Ruin Sentinels:

    The route to reach the Sentinels can be difficult if you don't know a couple of tricks. First, the closest bonfire is McDuff's Workshop, but it's not available unless you know how to bypass the locked door. There's an explosive barrel at the top of a stairway and a cracked wall at the bottom. Bring the two together, and you can access the bonfire without the key. This is also a great source of titanite and useful items, but more on that later.

    The second hurdle in getting to the Sentinels is the Royal Swordsman Squad. It can be a challenge to defeat these guys, but luckily, you only have to win once. You may have noticed that there's a door in their rooms that opens to nothing. Rather than being useless, this is in fact a shortcut. You can land directly in that doorway by carefully dropping from the other side. Don't jump, just line up with the doorway and run straight at it.

    Build and weapon choice:

    Any build or weapon can defeat the Sentinels if you're skilled enough, but they more than any boss before them present a DPS race situation. Builds with high DPS will demolish them easily, but those without will struggle. They're weakest to Strike and Lightning damage so some form of hammer buffed with Gold Pine Resin is highly effective. Right next to the shortcut is a single resin, and right around the corner from that in McDuff's shop is the Craftsman's Hammer, one of the best weapons you can use against them. You'll have to light the torch in the shop to make McDuff stop sitting on the chest it's in.

    It's also important to upgrade any weapons you use as much as possible. You should have enough normal titanite to get a weapon to +5 if you explored enough, and enough Twinkling Titanite to get a weapon to +2, depending on how many optional Pursuers you can handle. Another important piece of equipment is a shield. One attack in particular that the Sentinels have is difficult to dodge, but fairly easy to block. The Drangleic Shield or Royal Kite Shield are good for this.

    Summons:

    Next to the fog gate in a cell is a summon sign for Pilgrim Bellclaire. She's a mage capable of serious damage output, but she's not very good at staying alive. If you want to bring her along, you need to prioritize keeping her alive, otherwise she'll die quickly and leave you alone with buffed bosses. The Redeye Ring sold by the cat helps tremendously to keep aggro on you rather than her.

    In the Scholar version, there's a small summon sign around the corner in a small gated room for Felicia the Brave. Felicia is rock stupid even by NPC standards and will run straight at any enemy she sees and attack them relentlessly. She carries a huge, heavy shield that she never uses. She does, however, have a ton of health and a surprising knack at staying alive after she aggros everything in a mile radius. She makes an excellent tank and distraction if you can capitalize on that.

    You can also ask for help here or on r/SummonSign though due to the nature of the game, you're not likely to find much help.

    Phase One: The Ledge

    When you first enter the fog, you'll find yourself on a small ledge and about to be smashed by a hammer. Now, it may be tempting to bail off this ledge for open ground, but DO NOT DO THAT. There's enough room to maneuver on the ledge, and as long a you're up there the Sentinels can't use their most devastating attacks. The fight is also 1v1 while you stay up there, while they'll immediately gang up on you if you drop.

    All of the first Sentinel's attacks up there can be dodged by rolling toward its left side before they hit. Be careful not to roll off the edge and punish it while it recovers. There's a chance that it'll fall off itself. If so, back up from the edge and wait. It'll jump back up onto the ledge and attack at the same time. This is the easiest part of the fight. Use it to learn the Sentinels' normal movesets as well as timing and safe windows to attack.

    Once the first Sentinel is dead, the other two will start to converge on you. You have a little bit of time to heal up and prepare, or fire ranged attacks as they approach, but don't stand close to the edge because they attack when they jump up. When the second Sentinel arrives, you'll have a short window to fight it on its own, otherwise the fight is exactly like the first. Try to get as much damage in as you can, but don't get greedy and stay away from the edge where #3 is coming. Once you have two Sentinels sharing the loft with you, it's time to bail. Be careful because the drop is far enough to take a little fall damage.

    Phase 2: Double Trouble

    Fighting multiple opponents in open ground can be difficult, however the strategies for doing so are invaluable to learn. The most important one is do not lock on unless you have to. Not only does playing unlocked allow you to keep both of them in view easier, but you actually run faster and are more mobile which makes it easier to outmaneuver them. In any group fight, your main priority is staying alive rather than dealing damage. Don't attack unless you're sure it's safe, when both of them are in cooldown from attacks. Try to focus on the one you hurt in phase one to take it out of the fight and even the odds, but don't pass up an opening to deal damage.

    On the ground, the Ruin Sentinels get some new moves that can be extremely scary. There's a leaping slam attack that can cover a lot of ground. They can throw their shields like Captain America (this can be a blessing because they then lose it for the rest of the fight). And most frightening, is their helicopter spin. The leap and throw can be dodged on reaction if you see them coming, but the spin is a bit trickier. The best way I've found to dodge it is to just start sprinting away as soon as you see the windup, but only if you're not locked on. The second best way is to raise a shield. You'll take a big hit to your stamina, so choose the most stable shield you can carry.

    Or you could just skip them:

    Here's the thing: Ruin Sentinels are an optional boss. If you enter from the No Man's Wharf side and have the Forgotten Key, you can just go right past them (although Vanilla players will need a spare Pharros Lockstone). There's a lot of good stuff behind them, but if you're getting frustrated with the fight, you can just go somewhere else and come back when you're stronger or not at all. It's up to you.

    submitted by /u/TheHittite
    [link] [comments]

    @Stayd3D is improving SotFS's levels!

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 02:22 AM PST

    Guy Has Teal Longsword

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 10:34 AM PST

    Hi, I recently was pvping with someone in the arena, and I saw that the guy was using a teal colored longsword (he was using ring of the living so that's how I could tell) I was wondering if there is any way to get that weapon, since it looked so cool. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Shortacer
    [link] [comments]

    Can my laptop run this?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 02:00 PM PST

    So my (awful) laptop meets all requirements except graphics card, mine is an Intel (R) HD Family I believe (?), and it requires an AMD Radeon HD 6870. Will this actually matter? Will it run it still? Is it worth trying for £5?

    submitted by /u/anon-da
    [link] [comments]

    Thinking of switchin to sotfs from ds2

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 02:09 PM PST

    So i started playing the original on my old ps3 for the first time ever 2 weeks ago. So far i am at wharf. Do you all think that i should just get sotfs and start over or not ? My reasoning is that i am completely Hooked at this game and im worried that i am missing out by not Starting with sotfs right away. I also see people mentioned something called DLC in similar threads. Is that an abbreviation to downloadable content? I was thinking of getting sotfs used from like a flee market. Is their a Chance that i wont get access to the DLC if i buy a used copy?

    // Thanks

    submitted by /u/pleeasemister
    [link] [comments]

    What's the big deal about poison?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 02:53 PM PST

    So, I've heard a lot about poison being high dps, and some think it's broken or bullshit. But my questions are: why is poison considered this?

    It doesn't do % based damage does it? Does it scale with stats?

    How would you best administer poison again high poise targets?

    What is poison weak against?

    What is a good Sunday behind of damage if you're going poison but fighting whatever is strong against it?

    And finally, what stats are most beneficial to a poison dps build?

    submitted by /u/Manaraptor
    [link] [comments]

    Servers down?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 07:36 AM PST

    Are the servers down for DS2 SOTFS? I've been constantly trying to connect to them (it's been a few days now) and nothing has been working. I still get the same "Dark souls 2 service is not available" message.

    submitted by /u/StrobeLightEagle
    [link] [comments]

    So...I pop’d a Bonfire Ascetic at Heides Tower...I think I made a mistake!

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 08:18 AM PST

    So I was trying to get some easy souls and now I'm getting destroyed...

    Should I just start a new character? 😩

    I'm Soul Level: 50, Quality Stats, and Fire Long Sword +4. I barely dent these dudes.

    submitted by /u/ThisBrian1987
    [link] [comments]

    Fume knight didn't start fase 2

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 02:25 PM PST

    It was about my 5th time trying to fight him and he just didn't start fase 2 (apperently Because of a ground slam attack I kept triggering) so I won really easily. I've considered fighting him again using a bonfire ascetic. Do those things healing him respawn when I use one? And how much harder does that make him?

    submitted by /u/epicgamerboy66
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a specific order you’re supposed to go the different areas?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 01:53 PM PST

    I just started the game and I'm at the no mans wharf bonfire but I've heard that you aren't supposed to go to Heide's tower first. Is this true? Also where can I find a torch? It's really dark down there.

    submitted by /u/BizbudYT
    [link] [comments]

    How to build poison caestus

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 01:46 PM PST

    I'm starting a new game, so I'll be starting from scratch. I've never done a caestus build or anything imbued with poison. What class should I start with/what stats and stuff should I emphasize to make a good/viable poison imbued caestus build?

    submitted by /u/YohoNifty
    [link] [comments]

    Am I the only one who does guard break accidentally a lot

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 09:58 AM PST

    I just realized I do it because I use stick to set direction for the attack, Pisses me off

    submitted by /u/phirdeline
    [link] [comments]

    Any fun but ultimately overpowered challenge runs?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 11:45 AM PST

    I once made a no armor run of dark souls 3 (ultimately easier than i expected, though still hard). I had -20 damage absorption on all stats and my damage was insane with virtually any dex weapon. Anything similar in dark souls 2 i could try?

    submitted by /u/allocChar
    [link] [comments]

    Does Scholar of the first sin on PS4 include dlc?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 07:53 AM PST

    I have scholar of the first sin edition on my PS4, I want to access the old iron king dlc, I looked it up and it says I should have a kay in my inventory but I have no such thing

    I've Beaten the boss that gives access to the primal bonfire

    submitted by /u/CloutyVlogs
    [link] [comments]

    Anything I should know?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 11:31 AM PST

    As someone who has finished ds1,3 and bloodborne I've always put off playing dark souls 2 due to all the mixed comments about it but I've finally caved into buying it. Is there anything I should know before starting my first play through of the game or would it be best to go in blind?

    submitted by /u/chazza493
    [link] [comments]

    I’ve just played Dark Souls Two for twelve hours straight today...

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 03:21 PM PST

    So I woke up at five in the morning like always and laid in bed for a while. Around six I made myself some hot cocoa for breakfast and played Dark Souls Two.

    I had Slayer playing in the background while I slayed monsters and died over and over again.

    And OHHH BOY did this game piss me off at times, but I've never had this much fun with a video game ever! Even while playing Dark Souls One.

    and I did take about an hour break around eleven

    Awesome experience, 10/10

    submitted by /u/GestaltY
    [link] [comments]

    I can summon my friend, but he can't summon me.

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 04:53 AM PST

    We both live in the same city, so I imagine cross-region play doesn't matter either way. But why can I summon him but he can't summon me? Or we can both be summoned by other players. A few times we both ended up shades of some other random person. Yet my friend can't summon me.

    submitted by /u/AtomicToxicRat
    [link] [comments]

    what ATN should I go for with a dark build

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 01:06 AM PST

    Favorite Covenant?

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 10:43 PM PST

    For me, it always comes down to either the Sunbro Covenant or the Blue Sentinels. I love the idea of a covenant which only invades PvPers and can help people who are being invaded. What I don't love about it is that it feels very rare to actually get summoned.

    Sunbro's on the other hand are always so much fun. Co-oping with people and helping them, using Lightning, getting a nice gold look as a phantom.

    submitted by /u/Potatoslayer2
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a maximum Estus flask quantity?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 06:29 AM PST

    Just began my first NG+ with 10 shots if estus flask and now I'm at 12, I wonder what is the maximum (if any) because there was one in DS1 (at least in NG+, never reached NG++)

    submitted by /u/sabrosafb
    [link] [comments]

    Stuck on Ruin Sentinels

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 11:16 PM PST

    These fuckers are giving me more trouble than any DS1 boss. I'm playing as a hexer and they're simply too much. Even tried the NPC summon but about halfway through the first sentinel's health he/she fell off the platform. Managed to finally get to a 1v1 with the last sentinel and I almost killed her but the fucking bullshit spin attack is the end of me. I managed to dodge it only once or twice and that eas just because of luck. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I'm using a fire longsword during the first sentinel battle, the Sunset Staff, Dark Orb, Great Heavy and Great soul arrows. Also, since I unpetrified Straid, I believe I can get his pyromancies. Are those any good for this fight?

    submitted by /u/DemonicBoi13
    [link] [comments]

    Should I Feel Bad?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 12:51 AM PST

    So throughout my runs on Dark Souls 1, Bloodborne, and Skeiro I've made it a priority to have killed every boss in the game (DLC as well) without summons. The same goes for Dark Souls 2, so far I've taken out all of the bosses solo, except for one. Lud and Zallen was just too much, now every other boss I managed to take solo, but the path to that fight is what drove me to use summons. Over and over again I made it to the fight and got killed over bad hit boxes or just stupid mistakes and I couldn't deal with making that walk to the fight over and over again just to die. So, should I feel bad for doing such, also I was doing this all on ng+ since I just didn't decide to go through the DLC on my first playthrough so the fight was just that much tougher.

    submitted by /u/Eucareddit
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment