• Breaking News

    Saturday, May 1, 2021

    Dark Souls Weekly General Discussion Thread (April 30, 2021)

    Dark Souls Weekly General Discussion Thread (April 30, 2021)


    Weekly General Discussion Thread (April 30, 2021)

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 09:00 AM PDT

    Welcome to the weekly general discussion thread! This thread is for the community to discuss whatever is on their mind (whether it is Dark Souls 1 related or not).

    Have a question that you've been meaning to ask but haven't gotten around to making a post yet? Something on your mind you want to discuss? Playing a game that you think others would like? Comment away! All we ask is that you are respectful of each other, and have fun!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Smoughs OnlyFans {leaked}

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 07:11 PM PDT

    I just died to Pinwheel. I have over 1k hours.

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 05:14 PM PDT

    thought yall might like my ornstein tattoo

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 08:17 AM PDT

    I beat dark souls for the first time

    Posted: 01 May 2021 02:25 AM PDT

    Just a warning this is gonna be a little long. Ok so anyways i beat dark souls and think it was amazing. It took me like 90 hours which ik is a little long but a lot of that was spent in sen's fortress and blighttown. Ok so when i started and got to asylum demon i didn't know what to do because i didn't see that i could go to the left and fight him later. I tried beating him for like half an hour until i figured out that i wasn't supposed to fight him right now. I beat asylum demon on my 2nd try and headed off to firelink shrine. I accidentaly attacked the guy next to the bonfire and had to kill him. Let's skip ahead a bit, i got to anor londo and made my way to Ornstein and Smough. I was told that this boss fight would be really hard so i was a bit worried but exited at the same time. I got through the first faze of the fight pretty easily but then got my ass kicked by charged uped smough. The second time around i got through the boss fight easily by killing smough first, using pyromancy and the assistance of the best character in the game exept for Artorias, Solaire. Imo pyromancy in this game is way too op and trivialized a lot of the fights like Iron golem, O&S, Moonlight butterfly and others. On my next playthrough i won't use pyromancy as it makes a lot of the boss fights really easy. I used a variety of armors in the game including silver knight set, ornstien's set after i beat him and others. When i got to the kilm of the first flame i was a bit confused, as i didn't know Artorias was part of the dlc and thought he was a main boss. I went back and looked for the dlc and eventually found it. I got through it and went to face the final challange of the game, Gwyn, lord of cinder. He was one of the few bosses in the game like Artorias or pinwheel that took me a while to beat. I found his fighting style kinda similar to Artorias,s because he was really aggressive and when he got far away he quickly charged back at me. For most of the game i used a +10 claymore, until i decided to try out the black knight sword. I upgraded it to +5 and found it was way better than the claymore. I used that until i found the black knight halberd in the tomb of the giants and used that until i found the black knight greatsword in the kilm of the first flame, which i upgraded and used to defeat gwyn. Anyways as i mentioned earliet pinwheel was hard for me, but mostly because i got damaged a lot before getting to him and didn't have enough humanity to kindle the bonfire. Ok now to wrap this post up i am going to talk about the ending i got and how i interpreted it. I couldn't do what kingseeker Frampt wanted me to do because i wanted to see what would happen if i were to throw firebombs at him and then he got mad at me and went to sleep. After i killed gwyn i don't know if there was something else i could have done, but i linked the fire. I heard that there are multiple endings and i haven't seen the other one but i think this one is the worst. I probably didn't interpret it right but i think that after i killed gwyn i continued the age of fire by linking the fire, exactly what gwynevere and frampt wanted me to do, and the exact opposite of what Kaath wanted me to do. I think that this ending is the worst because i did all of this for nothing. I was the chosen undead, but for what, for me to just kill a bunch of people who weren't even bad, and then ending up as the exact thing that gwyn was, i only brought even more bad to the world, the suffering of the undead is only going to continue because i didn't put an emd to the age of fire, so many people are only going to continue to suffer because of me. I killed so many people, Sif, who wanted nothing more than to protect me from ending up the same as Artorias, Quelaag, who just wanted to keep her dear sister alive, the fair lady, who died thinking it was her sister who killed her, i indirectly killed siegmyer, he just wanted an adventure, and what did i do? I prevented him from having that by protecting and helping him every single time, until he hollowed, i just continued the pain and suffering of everyone by continueing the age of fire, and betraying Kaath, becoming worse than Gwyn. Again, i probably interpreted it wrong, but those are just my thoughts.

    submitted by /u/pengu_222
    [link] [comments]

    Demon Firesage glitch I like to use

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 07:53 PM PDT

    Hey so first time poster ever on Reddit so hopefully this is allowed.

    I've been using this glitch for the Demon Firesage for awhile now and thought I'd make a video on how to preform it since I can't find any videos that do just that and share it here.

    I'm really cbf to fight Ceaseless Discharge and go through the beginning of Demon Ruins so I use this to bypass it.

    https://youtu.be/VKURNdAhVFU

    Hope you all enjoy it and maybe add it to your playthrough or speedruns.

    Edit: This is PTDE on PC

    submitted by /u/BroccoliBrocky
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a "happy ending" to DS1 or are you doomed to be the villain of the story?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 03:14 PM PDT

    (excuse my english, it's not my native language)

    From my point of view you're either taking away characters purpose or send them to an imminent doom

    For example there is:

    • Siegmeyer: yes he gives up whenever he faces a challenge that he can't overcome by himself but by helping him and saving him over and over you're robbing him of the opportunity to repay you and most importantly from the adventure that he always wanted, so he goes to Ash Lake and becomes hollow.
    • The Crestfallen Warrior: he gives you helpful informations and tips, which gives him satisfaction being a guide to adventurers coming to Firelink Shrine, but when you ring the second bell making Frampt appears to you and guides you from there, the crestfallen warrior loses his purpose and becomes hollow.
    • Logan and Griggs: they lose their sanity searching for more knowledge because they have nothing more to teach you.
    • Laurentius: after you show him the chaos pyromancy he goes hollow because he can't see Quelana.
    • Sif: he's/she's just protecting you from The Abyss and you kill him/her for it.
    • and Lautrec: i don't really care for his reasons, fuck that guy

    For me i always link the fire for two reasons:

    1. My waifu Anastacia of Astora (the fire keeper at Firelink Shrine) she's the one who convinced me to do it the first time i played (i spoiled it for myself that i can just walk away after defeating Gwyn, which was my plan at first) i have a soft spot for broken people, and her wish to die human is a little bit grim but there is no other way in the game to help her.
    2. Ma boi Solaire, the only "happy ending" to me is helping Solaire and giving him the strength to link the fire in his own world and becoming the sun that he desperately desires.

    Edit: Lautrec's name and Sif's gender

    submitted by /u/ISHIMURA_MJD
    [link] [comments]

    I die from fall damage when I go to the abyss

    Posted: 01 May 2021 03:53 AM PDT

    I killed sif and got the ring that will allow me to go to the abyss and equipped it but everytime I jump I die from fall damage and the abyss word just appear on the screen which means that I got there but I just die from fall damage

    submitted by /u/IcePsychological3950
    [link] [comments]

    Your top 3 Dark Souls 1 bosses in terms of fun and cool factor

    Posted: 01 May 2021 12:00 AM PDT

    I honestly feel like not many of them can beat Ds3 bosses in fun factor or cool factor but there certainly are some standouts in the first one. I might be just saying that because I started with Ds3 but idk.

    Ornstein and Smough are definitely my number one. They are so good at complimenting each others moves and when they get their second phase it just increases how awesome and fun they are to fight.

    Gravelord Nito is in number two as my favorite boss just out of how awesome his design and powers are. He is literally a bunch of skeletons fused together with an arm for a sword. On the other hand the fight can be fun but the area he lives in and all the stupid ass skeletons in his arena are just the worst.

    Number three is probably Artorias. I really like how cool his move set and just his general aesthetic and the lore that surrounds him. Being able to walk the abyss is an awesome thing and having him be slowly taken over by it is just awesome but, I also think that he's a little too aggressive for this game.

    Honorable mention: Gaping Dragon

    submitted by /u/_Tacos__
    [link] [comments]

    I accidentally found a way to kill a black knight without touching him

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 08:49 PM PDT

    First time posting to this sub and I don't know if this is known yet, but I haven't been able to find this anywhere

    I got dark souls yesterday and was battling the black knight in the tower at undead parish, and I tried to lure him down the stairs while targeting him, when all of a sudden the marker suddenly jumped up to the top of the tower and then fell through the tower. He was not showing up anywhere, so I went to the campfire and when I rested I suddenly got 800 souls and a titanite shard. I went to the top and he was not respawning.

    I haven't tested this yet, but I think It could be replicated. I'll try to get a video of it.

    Can someone test this too to make sure Its not just affecting me?

    submitted by /u/GoshtoshOfficial
    [link] [comments]

    Ornstein and Smaugh and the importance of exploration

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 07:21 AM PDT

    I have seen several posts talking about the time they defeated O&S so I thought I would share mine. I was playing a wizard build with a halberd, really high int, I get to Sen Fortress, defeat the Golem and immediately travel to Anor Londo BUT I DID NOT KNOW ABOUT BIG HAT LOGAN. So I was forced to beat O&S without soul spear, and other powerful spells he sold. It took me so many times because i also did not know you could summon help for this fight. I ended up beating Super Ornstein, I got the lord vessel and traveled to Sen Fortress and released Big Hat Logan. After that moment I understood why everyone talked so much about exploration, it does pay off, I just had to learn that the hard way. Edit: I spelled Smough wrong in the title

    submitted by /u/Puzzleheaded-Bet-552
    [link] [comments]

    Fun Dark Souls Based Cocktail to do DS Drinking Games

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 09:29 PM PDT

    1: 1 part grain liquor 2: 7 parts sunny d

    This is a very safe drink that I drink whenever I play Dark Souls

    submitted by /u/Clubs_Gaming
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls is like a reverse Drug

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 03:59 PM PDT

    It makes you feel like shit while consuming it, then you feel great afterwards.

    submitted by /u/Magius1954
    [link] [comments]

    Just a friendly reminder to stock up on indictments, it's the honorable thing to do.

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 05:16 PM PDT

    Be ready to say "yes" I would like to indict whoever.

    If your the type to drop people gifts the most important gift to give is a indictments.

    If your a guilty invader stop disconnecting and stick around and pay the price cowards. Get you some or kill me and live to get wrecked another day. \`[T] /

    submitted by /u/Dr_BloodPool
    [link] [comments]

    Do you think Dark Souls would make a good book ?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 08:32 AM PDT

    Would you Buy it ?

    submitted by /u/ArcadiaeT
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you dark souls

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 05:17 PM PDT

    I was talking to anri in the catacombs near the bridge, I was telling her about how I killed Horace and stuff then the skeletons that spawn sneaked behind me and attacked me. I tried to defend myself but I also hit anri which made her hostile failing the quest, and I didn't even get her sword because she fell in the pit and the item was floating mid-air. Pretty good shit for my first and maybe last playtrough of this painful game, right?

    submitted by /u/Overlord123453
    [link] [comments]

    I played Dark Souls for the first time...

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 08:10 PM PDT

    Video

    I also got motivated to play it since my friend convinced me to.

    submitted by /u/Heriosu
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to get targeted pvp?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 11:55 PM PDT

    When I say targeted pvp, I mean pvp against a specific player. Is this possible in Dark Souls, or only available in Bloodborne?

    submitted by /u/TexasJedi-705
    [link] [comments]

    [NO SPOILERS] What leveling stats should I prioritize as a first time Dark Souls player?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 03:55 PM PDT

    I'm currently in undead parish trying to slaughter the gang of Bell Gargoyles, and while I'm getting better, I think I need to improve my stats to really see improvement.

    My class is the bandit and I'm working towards a strength build for my character, and while strength is the obvious choice towards a strength build, what other stats should be prioritized?

    I'll list my stats here:

    Level: 20

    Vitality: 15

    Attunement: 8

    Endurance: 15

    Strength: 20

    Dexterity: 15

    Resistance: 11

    Intelligence: 8

    Faith: 10

    Humanity: 0

    At first I wanted to do a generalist build where I know a little bit of everything, but since the amount of souls I need to upgrade my stats is increasing, I figured I'd just specialize in hard-hitting melee combat. Any help would be appreciated!

    submitted by /u/a_fucking_girrafe
    [link] [comments]

    Gwyn help

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 03:59 PM PDT

    Heyy I really could use some help to defeat Gwyn! I just suck at parrying him, can someone place a summon sign? Im on switch and my SL is 81

    submitted by /u/BjornTheHuman
    [link] [comments]

    Help?

    Posted: 01 May 2021 02:19 AM PDT

    Where do I go to link up with some players that might help me with co-op? I need to help kill some bosses to lower the entry "price" to the Warrior of Sunlight covenant. Anybody know if there's a DS1 subreddit where I might find help? Thanks for your time.

    submitted by /u/Josuervo47
    [link] [comments]

    Falchion vs Scimitar

    Posted: 01 May 2021 01:57 AM PDT

    Whcih one has higher poise/stamina damage?

    submitted by /u/Your_Typical_Person
    [link] [comments]

    Why isn’t Logan appearing?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 07:58 PM PDT

    I freed him in Sens, killed the golem, and hauled ass back to Firelink, but he isn't there. I've quited out and loaded back, but he's not popping up behind Griggs. Any help?

    submitted by /u/Technician_Frosty
    [link] [comments]

    Beat Dark Souls 1 with an upside-down keyboard and mouse!

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 05:50 PM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    I usually just do challenge runs by myself, but this time I had a lot of fun streaming it and having other people to talk to! Here's the clip of me killing him.

    https://clips.twitch.tv/EagerCuriousMarrowOpieOP-1MT5G5NmN6LLxRk_

    ALSO... I plan on streaming my first ever SL1 run WITH upside-down keyboard, mouse, and monitor as well. Should be lots of funsies

    submitted by /u/reddsean
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls Nightfall's channel posted a new video

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 06:56 PM PDT

    Just wanted to get awareness out for this great video

    submitted by /u/Ibalegend
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment