• Breaking News

    Friday, June 11, 2021

    Dark Souls [Megathread] Elden Ring news, release date, and more!

    Dark Souls [Megathread] Elden Ring news, release date, and more!


    [Megathread] Elden Ring news, release date, and more!

    Posted: 10 Jun 2021 12:53 PM PDT

    Elden Ring has just been shown at Summer Game Fest 2021, announced to release on January 21st, 2022!

    • We will be updating this thread as more information is released.

    Elden Ring- Gameplay Trailer


    Please keep all Elden Ring related hype, comparisons, and discussion in this thread. Elden Ring discussion outside of this thread is subject to removal.

    submitted by /u/SammieAgnes
    [link] [comments]

    Card of the Day #6: Black Knight

    Posted: 11 Jun 2021 05:39 AM PDT

    Card of the Day #6: Black Knight

    3 colorless, 1 black, 3/3

    As Black Knight enters the battlefield, destroy target tapped creature.

    Equip costs are reduced by 2 for this creature.

    "Gwyn's knights continue to roam the land, destroying all who would risk his rule."

    submitted by /u/DarkSoulsMTG
    [link] [comments]

    Proud father

    Posted: 11 Jun 2021 10:23 AM PDT

    Started playing DS about 3 months ago. I have two sons, 6 and 9, who watched in awe as I struggled my way through the game. All the while playing their own. I want to shout praises about these two boys. They both struggled and perservered in their own ways and I feel they are now both better players than I.

    In my playthrough, I just dumped all my levels into END and STR wearing my Black Iron and wielding the Black Knight Halberd I only got because the knight fell off a cliff.

    The 9 year old has grasped the stats and weapon upgrade system better than I could have ever guessed and is currently trying to beat O&S. He has experimented with every weapon he has got his hands on and is now trying out different damage types to see how they do against different enemies. This has led him to some very fulfilling victories within his run.

    The 6 year old loves undead burg and parish too much to go anywhere much else. He's probably cleared it 3 dozen times at this point. Because of this, he is now better at backstabs, parrying, and ripostes than I am. This week he started a new game for fun, got all the way to parish bell within 1.5 hours, killed everything in his way, and all without dying once. He then bought a warpick from Andre because he thought it looked cool and went on a bounty hunt for all the Black Knights he could get to. He cleared the knights in undead burg, darkroot basin, undead parish, and those in the asylum, again all without dying. All with an un-upgraded warpick and heater shield.

    I feel like a chump compared to them and I couldn't be happier about it.

    submitted by /u/Remote-Big8161
    [link] [comments]

    Was the Nameless King's alleged crime as relayed in DS a translation error?

    Posted: 11 Jun 2021 09:55 AM PDT

    So according to lore notes, Gwyn's sun-born son (aka The Nameless King), was exiled and his image and name were destroyed and intentionally forgotten because he had "lost the annals of history." So, essentially, he was deleted from history...for losing history.

    Was this a translation error? We find out in DS3 that he dipped and took up an alliance with the dragons. Isn't it more likely that Gwyn disowned him for THIS? He was a warrior; why would he have even been in charge of the annals of history? Why would he have even been in a position to lose ANYTHING related to history?

    Instead, I propose that this lore note was a translation error. Instead of Gwyn disowning and erasing him for losing the annals of history, Gwyn's son was lost TO the annals of history for betraying his lineage and allying himself with the dragons. In this case, even his crime would have been erased from history; imagine the demoralizing effect it would have on the gods, giants, humanity, and every other living thing post-Age of Ancients if it was common knowledge that even Gwyn's own sun betrayed him to join the enemy.

    submitted by /u/WingedBeing
    [link] [comments]

    thank you, dark spirit JOE MAMA

    Posted: 11 Jun 2021 10:20 AM PDT

    i was in the undead burg w/ my friend when i was invaded by dark spirit JOE MAMA. i thought you were come to whoop my ass but instead you came with me through undead parish and gave me a very large amount of souls,, thank you i had a really fun time watching you wandering around with JOE MAMA written in caps lock over your character, and thank you for the soul item.

    (sorry for bad English)

    submitted by /u/uziwakeurassup_
    [link] [comments]

    i have been playing the SOULS franchise for about a quarter of my life, and i have one issue.

    Posted: 11 Jun 2021 11:15 AM PDT

    i am in love with this series, but ever since i was 14 maybe 15 playing bloodborne. i knew in my heart of hearts. "hey this game should have splitscreen co-op" imagine how BADASS that would be. just fucking around with your homie in some couch co-op. we have password phantoms, we have enemies and bosses that scale to your player count. splitscreen is just the next step. i think splitscreen DARK SOULS would add literally infinite replay value. it would be SO FUCKING COOL

    submitted by /u/LLammaPALS
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls Content Creators

    Posted: 11 Jun 2021 06:47 AM PDT

    I've been feeling nostalgic and want to watch a ton of videos from classic DeS-DS2 youtubers. The problem is most of them disappeared off the face of the earth or were extremely small channels and are hard to find now. I'd love it if yall could just drop some names in the comments, big or small, with maybe some links to videos if possible. Just no post-Bloodborne people as thats when I stopped caring about the community and the games. Thanks

    Some names I have in my head already:

    Veselekov

    Abyss Gravelord

    Lakanus

    Yami Tamashi

    Mocha Sun

    HellKiteDrake

    Otzdarva

    FrekeOut

    Peeve

    Oroboro

    DreadedCone

    TheSeraphim17

    OnlyAfro

    MrNosec

    Limit Breakers

    Iron Pineapple

    DropOutDragon

    Sanadsk

    German Spy

    Silver Mont

    Terra Mantis

    Dave Control

    Damnnohtml/Scott Jund

    Epic Name Bro

    MrIwont4get

    Plague of Gripes

    LobosJr

    submitted by /u/Mother_Mushroom
    [link] [comments]

    First time through a souls game facing Quelaag

    Posted: 11 Jun 2021 07:37 AM PDT

    Hello again guys.

    So I made it to the bottom of the brutal Blighttown and am now facing Quelaag.

    I have no moss and no humanity to kindle the bonfire.

    Basically I wanna just vent a little about how tough she is. At the same time tho she is very fair and definitely doable.

    I'd say she's the hardest fight for me so far (Capra was mostly rng so Idk how to rank it and Bell Boys were maybe a tad easier.

    So boys and ?girls? Do you have any tips and tricks to slay this Peanutbutter Spider sandwich?

    EDIT: I beat her now :)

    Really good bossfight!

    submitted by /u/Printercrab47
    [link] [comments]

    Can't start DLC

    Posted: 11 Jun 2021 10:49 AM PDT

    I'm a bit angry. I have been playing dark souls blindly for the past 5 months and I just beat it (at 48 hours). I knew the game had DLC but I didn't know how to start it so I decided to wait till I finished the game and then look it up. Yea...

    submitted by /u/SomeoneStr
    [link] [comments]

    Question about dlc?

    Posted: 11 Jun 2021 04:39 AM PDT

    I'm approaching the end of my first playthrough (PS4 remastered) and know next to nothing about the series before going in, I've really been enjoying it despite some struggles here and there but just wondering if when you access the dlc? Do you do it before the final boss or after? I heard somewhere that killing the last boss ends the run and I want to experience everything cheers for any replies

    submitted by /u/Scorpious6
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls x Black Sabbath

    Posted: 11 Jun 2021 12:52 PM PDT

    https://imgur.com/gallery/pj4bRBk

    Under the Sun / Everyday Comes and Goes

    I was in the middle of drawing Solaire for my psychedelic souls series, but the opportunity was too good not to do. I'll still complete it though don't worry hehe. In the meantime, have this! \m/ PRAISE THE SUN!!

    submitted by /u/_RatChef
    [link] [comments]

    I can't beat anyone at pvp

    Posted: 11 Jun 2021 12:32 PM PDT

    As a very competitive individual, I'm naturally drawn to the pvp scene of this game and the idea of losing against others makes me in turn lose the grip on the pve parts too. If I am below average then there is no meaning in playing an hard game. Now that I have the red orb I cannot progress in the game since I just won't refuse to challenge other people but they all kill me in a matter of seconds, why is everyone so strong? Is this game only composed of hardcore players making new characters? I flash though the pve like the wind then why is everyone better? Shouldn't I be at least average? I'm going mad, I cannot stand this.

    submitted by /u/FAFFAMAMMA
    [link] [comments]

    Help

    Posted: 11 Jun 2021 02:42 PM PDT

    I'm SL 78 - Vit - 33 Att - 11 End - 26 Str - 39 Dex - 15 Res - 14 Int - 9 Fth - 12

    I wear full Havel's with Wolf ring for max poise. I use the Grass Crest Shield + 5 because it buffs my stamina regen. I have Lightning Greatsword +3 for 288 physical and 288 lightning damage. It packs a punch, but I'm not a fan of the moveset so can anyone recommend a 2h weapon that's faster than a greatsword but stronger than a regular sword. It's gotta scale with strength too. I just beat Four Kings which I'm proud about btw.

    Thank you!!

    submitted by /u/LetTheTiger_9045
    [link] [comments]

    Hiw do I get out of Blight town?

    Posted: 11 Jun 2021 10:37 AM PDT

    My weapon is about to break and I have no way to fix it.

    I think I am at the first bonfire in blight town.

    What should I do?

    Should I continue or try to get to a blacksmith and fix my weapon?

    If I need to go back, how do I do this?

    I can't seem to find a way back.

    Edit: I am at the high bonfire on the platform

    submitted by /u/osteo5511
    [link] [comments]

    What is up with the Darkmoon Tomb bonfire?

    Posted: 11 Jun 2021 10:13 AM PDT

    It doesn't make any sense that when I die to Dark Sun Gwyndolin after resting there, that I respawn back at the first Anor Londo bonfire. The idea of the darksign is that the chosen undead respawns back at the last bonfire rested at, so why isn't that the case here? I also tried resting at the Sen's Fortress bonfire and warping to the Darkmoon Tomb one, but I still spawned back at the first Anor Londo bonfire. It feels like the devs just couldn't have a boss fight without a decent run to it, so they implemented this even though it doesn't make sense. But if that's the case, why make the bonfire in the first place?

    submitted by /u/bigbarryharryballs
    [link] [comments]

    Just destroyed kalameet

    Posted: 11 Jun 2021 10:54 AM PDT

    So I had a hell of a time fighting manus, probably took me 20 tries,but as I was making my way to kalameet I was anticipating a bad time from things I'd heard. When i made it to the fight i beat him in one try with a fast roll and felt very accomplished so to any of you fighting kalameet good luck

    submitted by /u/Lapislord22
    [link] [comments]

    Kalameets tail

    Posted: 11 Jun 2021 08:03 AM PDT

    Hello fellow undead.

    I am getting to the end of my first NG+ run and am a bit of a completionist so I want every weapon available in the game. I am currently bashing my head against Manus but when done with him I will finish off Kalameets and then go for Gwyn. While fighting Kalameet though I need to cut off his tail. I tried to do it in my first playthrough but I never really got a shot at it and he was by far the hardest boss for me on my first go and so when I finally got a shot to end the fight and kill him I took it. But now I don't want to end the fight until I have his tail so are there any tips or tricks to easily getting his tail?

    submitted by /u/awesomepossum1992
    [link] [comments]

    faith build question

    Posted: 11 Jun 2021 10:30 AM PDT

    hello,

    So, I've tons of builds and the few times I've done faith i've basically used it just for the buffs. I know lighting spear can be good. I'm doing a dumb chaos build and realized I'd have a ton of points left. So, I wanted to make it a faith build too. I have seen that wrath of god is the other big spell and seen some people say to push faith as high as 50 for it. Is that accurate? what are other good (non lightning, non buff) faith spells to pick up?

    thanks :D

    submitted by /u/demonardvark
    [link] [comments]

    How do you level up a weapns past 5?

    Posted: 11 Jun 2021 10:25 AM PDT

    I can't seem to level up my battle-ax past 5.

    Do you guys know what I may be missing?

    submitted by /u/osteo5511
    [link] [comments]

    Can you farm soft humanity at the undead asylum?

    Posted: 11 Jun 2021 04:55 AM PDT

    If you go back and don't kill the stray demon can you use this area to farm soft humanity? Cheers

    submitted by /u/dragotheslago
    [link] [comments]

    Tips for beating Smough first?

    Posted: 11 Jun 2021 09:18 AM PDT

    So I'm currently on my 4th playthrough and I decided I wanted to do an Ornstein cosplay build so I need his armor. Problem is I've never been able to beat O&S without killing Ornstein first. I've been at it for about 2 hrs and I am having a hell of a time. For people who have succeeded in getting Ornstein's armor, do y'all have any tips or tricks? I don't mind doing cheese strats if I need to

    submitted by /u/JakeFromStateFromm
    [link] [comments]

    I can't backstab in this game

    Posted: 11 Jun 2021 07:11 AM PDT

    There is not a single pvp fight in which I was able to perferm this thing, no matter the fact that I do it the same way I backstab NPCs. I use an halberd, I don't keep the shield on guard, I'm at their back, however I cannot do it, this usually results in my defeat

    submitted by /u/FAFFAMAMMA
    [link] [comments]

    Dark souls should have an easy mode

    Posted: 11 Jun 2021 02:39 PM PDT

    Why don't they have that?

    submitted by /u/flying_luckyfox
    [link] [comments]

    Where can i buy a cheap Ds Remastered key?

    Posted: 11 Jun 2021 02:23 PM PDT

    First i played DS2 with my friends and i liked the game so much i wanted to play the 3rd one too. My friend was a huge fan so he bought me the game just to see my reaction while playing it. It sucked me in. It became the only game ive ever played through. I was so excited about it, i couldnt stop playing. The last week i managed to get the "The Dark Soul" achievement and i was so happy. After that i watched so many videos about the lore, and i figured out that i have to play the first one too to understand everything that possible. Im so low budget because of the covid so i tried pirated versions of the game, but its offline so there is no pvp, invading, summoning (eneither npc-s) so i deleted the game and made the decision to buy it. All keys i found on the web are so expensive to me. Even on ebay its $20 which i cant afford right now. Is there any sites where i can buy it for like $5-10?

    Sorry for my horrible english, im from Hungary 😬

    submitted by /u/Ryawinningson
    [link] [comments]

    Am I doing something wrong with my faith build?

    Posted: 11 Jun 2021 02:15 PM PDT

    I have 34 faith, 16 strength, 14 dex. I've tried using +5 divine claymore, +5 balder side sword divine, but the damage is barely anything. For comparison, I currently deal 117 damage to the Anor Londo silver knight outside the bonfire room where Solaire sits.

    I've tried a +5 raw balder side sword too and the damage isn't enough. During the O and S fight, phase one is doable but when I'm fighting super Ornstein I don't do enough damage to him. Am I doing something wrong? There's not much faith scaling weapons I have access too right now, and +5 divine weapons barely do anything for me.

    submitted by /u/BurnerAskQuestions
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment