• Breaking News

    Sunday, June 27, 2021

    Dark Souls Is Dark Souls Remastered worth buying for $39.99?

    Dark Souls Is Dark Souls Remastered worth buying for $39.99?


    Is Dark Souls Remastered worth buying for $39.99?

    Posted: 26 Jun 2021 02:34 PM PDT

    Hello everyone. I've recently gotten into dark souls starting with ds2. After I learned the game I loved it and then played ds3. I had a lot of fun with 3 as well but I really want to go back and play 1 so I can have the whole experience.

    When I got ds2 I think I paid like $10 and I only paid $15 for ds3. I really want to play ds1 but I can't justify paying $40 for a game that's essentially 10 years old with clunky mechanics.

    My question is, should I just pay the $40? Should I wait for a sale? Can I buy a cheaper copy outside of steam? What do you recommend?

    submitted by /u/Champion_Of-Cyrodiil
    [link] [comments]

    Finally beat Manus!!!

    Posted: 27 Jun 2021 05:25 AM PDT

    Hello guys!

    So I'm going through my first ever souls experience right now and just managed to beat Manus. This boss was incredibly difficult for me and for sure the hardest boss in the game (unless the final boss is harder).

    Incredible boss that felt quite different from other bosses only rivaling Artorias in aggression. What a thrilling ride, I just had to share my victory with you guys!

    Feels good man :)

    Hardest boss go byebye https://imgur.com/gallery/wHJMOeY

    submitted by /u/Printercrab47
    [link] [comments]

    I'm looking forward to my little brothers reactions to the things I'm keeping hidden from him.

    Posted: 27 Jun 2021 12:24 AM PDT

    I'm coaching him through DSR right now, but obviously I can't spoil too much for him. I have to leave him in the dark on some things, just for my own enjoyment. So far:

    1. He thinks Smough is a solo fight.
    2. He's in the Depths right now. He does not know about basilisks.
    3. He knows about Mimics. He does not know how to tell them apart from regular chests.
    4. He does not know what Lautrec is gonna do. Actually, he thinks Lautrec is a pretty cool dude and I think he's gonna summon Lautrec for the Gaping Dragon fight.

    When he fights Sif, I'm gonna tell him the lore behind the fight and the legend of Artorias. I won't tell him that he'll have to fight Artorias eventually.

    submitted by /u/windermere_peaks
    [link] [comments]

    Should I get all 3 Dark Souls games or just the 3rd in anticipation for Elden Ring

    Posted: 27 Jun 2021 02:21 AM PDT

    So in anticipation for the Elden Ring I was interested in Dark Souls and is it worth to get all 3 of them or should I just get 1 of them. I should note, I don't have much time so I don't think I'll be able to finish all of them before the Elden Ring release. Should I just get 1 in particular, which one is the best or has the most lore? They are all on a huge sale on steam (like 75% off).

    submitted by /u/IanPKMmoon
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat the game for the first time. :)

    Posted: 26 Jun 2021 08:34 PM PDT

    Shit was hard, but I made it.

    submitted by /u/NatType1
    [link] [comments]

    Good DS1 lore channel?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2021 04:42 AM PDT

    Everything I see is either all of the games or Dark Souls 3

    submitted by /u/KingEdwardlll
    [link] [comments]

    What did you scream the most while dying/getting hit or even defeating a boss?

    Posted: 26 Jun 2021 07:42 AM PDT

    Mine was "I DODGED!"

    Edit: My second one is "DRINK!" when a boss is attacking me while using estus.

    submitted by /u/okdude23232
    [link] [comments]

    Card of the Day #22: Crystal Golem

    Posted: 27 Jun 2021 04:31 AM PDT

    Crystal Golem

    6 Colorless; 6/6

    When Crystal Golem enters the battlefield, you may pay U. If you do so, exile target creature with power less than 6. When Crystal Golem leaves the battlefield, return exiled creature to the battlefield under its owner's control.

    This creature can only be damaged during combat.

    "It was you who rescued me?... I don't know how I ended up in that crystal... It wasn't terrible in there, but I could hardly move." - Sieglinde of Catarina

    submitted by /u/DarkSoulsMTG
    [link] [comments]

    so i just screwed up

    Posted: 27 Jun 2021 12:42 AM PDT

    started a new run, went to lautrec, found out i could kill him through the locked door and now the fap ring is looked behind the door and i cant open it so dont kill him through the door

    edit: ive played through the game already

    submitted by /u/MelickBlishtar
    [link] [comments]

    Original or Remastered version

    Posted: 27 Jun 2021 06:49 AM PDT

    I have the Original Dark Souls on Xbox. Is it worth getting the remaster for a first play through or better to just stick with what I have?

    submitted by /u/Ped80
    [link] [comments]

    Great grey wolf Sif is the most fun bossfight I have ever done.

    Posted: 27 Jun 2021 06:33 AM PDT

    I'm playing this game for the first time and after beating quelaag I decided to get the seal of Artorias and open the door. It took me a while to get through all the enemies and reach the cat but I did it, and then I went on to Sif. I love his character design, and the cutscenes was great. The music also made everything much better. It was awesome being able to roll into his attacks and he had the perfect amount of difficulty. Definitely best bossfight ever

    submitted by /u/SPED-69
    [link] [comments]

    orientanton problems/ Where to Go next?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2021 04:51 AM PDT

    Dark Souls is one of the Games where I really struggle knowing where I have to Go. So lately I killed Sif and the moonbutterfly. But now I have No Idea where to Go. The way next to sif is locked with a blue cored door and the Butterfly also gave No new Options. So I really don't know where to Go. If Someone could Help me, that would be great.

    submitted by /u/ShinigamiTrinity
    [link] [comments]

    I have a theory on our beloved Patches

    Posted: 26 Jun 2021 01:02 PM PDT

    While looking through some textbooks for my exam, I've found a fairy tale ( yeah, it's part of our exam, along with some novels, short stories, and some poetry ), anyway, the fairy tale is called "The story of Harap-Alb", and I think Patches might be based of off it. I've found some really strong resemblances in the main antagonist of the story and Patches, on short, Harap-Alb is a price, on a trip to claim his uncle's kingdom since he didn't have any heir.

    First of all, the antagonist is called "Spânul" which roughly translates to "The Bald Man", he's a very tricky and resourceful character, he meets the protagonist while he's lost inside some woods and wants to "help" him, but at one point, they stop at a well, he tells the protagonist to lean in to get some water, and when he does that, he straight up kicks him in the well, and tells the protagonist that unless they swap identities, and swear loyality to him, he's let him there to die. I've found this part very close to something Patches would do, and not only that, his whole personality in the tale is almost identical, after this whole incident, he gets cocky, making fun of the prince whenever he gets the change, and trying to put him to tests that he thinks he'd fail

    EDIT: I forgot to mention, just like Patches, The Bald Man is beneficial too to the prince, he helps the prince evolve from a naïve and impulsive teenager into a wise king, The Bald Man's trickery has a direct impact on this evolution.

    submitted by /u/krymzone1
    [link] [comments]

    Moonlight greatsword

    Posted: 27 Jun 2021 01:04 AM PDT

    What are some good builds?

    submitted by /u/YaLocalWhiteBoy666
    [link] [comments]

    Is the Balder Shield better than the Hollow Soldier Shield?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2021 06:23 AM PDT

    I'm still new to the game (just about to go into the Darkroot Basin for the first time) and I've used the Hollow Soldier Shield for most of that time. Is the Balder Shield better?

    submitted by /u/YoungYoda711
    [link] [comments]

    How to dodge Manus's jump attack?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2021 04:08 AM PDT

    I can pretty much dodge everything except that as long as i'm not greedy. Also can we talk about the caster before him when going across the tomb of the giants-esque ledge? That's the real boss

    submitted by /u/okdude23232
    [link] [comments]

    How to get into making mods for Dark Souls Remastered

    Posted: 26 Jun 2021 11:23 PM PDT

    I enjoy using model swap mods but theres a disappointing lack of them so I was curious if there were any resources to learn how so that I could do it myself

    submitted by /u/Someguycalledfalsie
    [link] [comments]

    What is your personal favorite dragon from the series?

    Posted: 26 Jun 2021 12:45 PM PDT

    I'm not quite sure which mine would be, but the first time I encountered the ancient dragon in DS2 I was in awe over how badass he looked on that huge platform. I'm sure the most popular choice is going to be Midir for obvious reasons, though I'm still curious if there are any others that stood out to you during your gameplay.

    submitted by /u/mountain-time_
    [link] [comments]

    Is level 83 too low for NG+?

    Posted: 26 Jun 2021 11:19 PM PDT

    I just beat dark souls remastered and it was awesome!!!

    But uh, it ticked me to new game plus without me doing everything I want to. Is my level too low, like am I gonna commit the big die?

    Also curious if dark souls remastered has any of the DLC's with it, I couldn't find any. Any insight is helpful!

    submitted by /u/GodLifeIsStressful
    [link] [comments]

    Not all heroes wear capes

    Posted: 26 Jun 2021 09:06 PM PDT

    This is my first time posting on Reddit (ever) and I just wanted to thank those two invaders that have come to my world and helped me while playing this wonderful game.

    First, someone invaded me pretty early in my first play-through right after I got to sunlight altar and heading into undead parish. It was funny because I was poisoned (from the rats under the bridge) and he drop me some blossoms but I had no idea that they remove the poison at that point. He only ran around and never attacked me. Before he left, he dropped me 9 titanite chunks and 1 slab and that did not mean much to me at the time till I got later in the game and I upgraded my club to +15. Thank you invader.

    The second occurrence, which actually made me write this post was in the duke's archives. I got invaded and it made the enemies stronger and the invader was just running around. I was like that is messed up he is probably hiding somewhere. Little did I know he was unlocking the wall shortcut so that I could move on to the crystal caves. This is my second play-through so I already knew how annoying and confusing it was to beat the duke's archives. Thank you second invader.

    I just wanted to highlight how wonderful this community is and how lucky I am to be part of it.

    submitted by /u/yefrig
    [link] [comments]

    Dark souls remastered Japan region -PS4

    Posted: 27 Jun 2021 04:52 AM PDT

    Is there a way to change the language on this game to english?

    submitted by /u/Resievil7
    [link] [comments]

    Ds2

    Posted: 26 Jun 2021 10:49 PM PDT

    Bros I finished ds1 and I'm just starting ds2 now. I just can't get into it. It feels very different. Does it get better ?

    submitted by /u/cache23
    [link] [comments]

    Black knight great sword VS Black knight great axe

    Posted: 26 Jun 2021 11:45 PM PDT

    I'm using the GS right now and tbh it's super fun to use, but I just wanna know if the GA is better?

    submitted by /u/cbozich22
    [link] [comments]

    Demon's Souls's Bad Ending parallel?

    Posted: 26 Jun 2021 10:08 PM PDT

    It's probably overstated, but doesn't the Demon's Souls Bad Ending leads almost directly to Dark Souls? Taking into account that most of Dark Souls Lore is ambiguous and implied, if not for legal issues, it would easily be a direct sequel after The Old One and The Demon Slayer absorbs all souls and the fog covers the world, essentially resetting it, leading back to the Dark Souls beggining:

    In the Age of Ancients the world was unformed, shrouded by fog. A land of gray crags, Archtrees and Everlasting Dragons.

    Also, another cool parallel:

    Dark Souls:

    But then there was Fire and with fire came disparity.

    Demon's Souls:

    On the first day, man was granted a soul. And with it, clarity

    Sorry for saying something that's probably brought up all the time, but so far I only played Demon's Souls and half of Dark Souls and can't stop thinking about this.

    Sorry for formatting, I'm on mobile

    submitted by /u/Reckermatouvc
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment