• Breaking News

    Sunday, September 29, 2019

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Salty Sunday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Salty Sunday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Salty Sunday.

    Posted: 28 Sep 2019 11:09 PM PDT

    Today's Salty Sunday is brought to you by the Frigid Outskirts.

    Summoned into a gank squad on the Iron Keep Bridge? Died to Fume Knight for the 100th time? Think you're getting boned by SOTFS?

    Grab a spoon and watch your blood pressure soar! All complaints are welcome here. Just keep things civil and follow the Posting Guidelines in the sidebar.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    You can play as a communist

    Posted: 29 Sep 2019 12:45 AM PDT

    You have to wear falconer armor (red obvs) and use the blacksmith hammer and half moon sickle. Half moon sickle in right hand, buff it with charcoal pine resin for a cool effect! (And more damage ofc) So anybody gonna try it? Send me an imgur link or something showcasing it!

    submitted by /u/catzomb13
    [link] [comments]

    Fastest way to NG++?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2019 11:06 AM PDT

    Going for platinum just finishing up dlc then after jumping into NG+. Is the fastest way to NG++ starting from Majula, jumping in hole, reaching black gulch, farming the rotten, shrine of winter and continuing from there?

    submitted by /u/GAC44
    [link] [comments]

    I updated my map of DS2: SotFS, in case anyone's still interested

    Posted: 29 Sep 2019 09:55 AM PDT

    I added the starting areas, fragrant branches of yore and a legend.

    Also, what would you guys like on an interactive map?

    https://imgur.com/a/4o3M6we

    submitted by /u/SwydeOfAstoras
    [link] [comments]

    Poison knight build

    Posted: 29 Sep 2019 06:16 AM PDT

    Coming off of DSR, I thought poise was as important because I like to rock greatswords. (Black Knight greatsword (not ugs) for DSR, and Drangleic Sword for DS2). So I wore Alonne Captain armor, Vengarl helm, Ironclad gauntlets and Alonne knights legs. I could swing that sword all day baby in DSR but I would get interrupted in DS2, so I decided to make some changes. DS2 basically threw soul levels at you so I decided to reallocate. I stacked dex and eventually acquired the Black Scorpid Stinger. My build finally ended up as Drang Sword/BSS/Hunters Black bow right hand (poison infused where available), Blossom Kite Shield/Spotted whip/pyro left hand, poison arrows, Sanctum Soldier Gauntlets, Rat ring, Royal soldier, Third Dragon, Chloranthy, Toxic mist, rotten pine resin.

    Ladies and gentlemen I present, the Poison Knight. Obviously a lot of bosses are immune to poison so I had difficulty with them (Mother fkng Sinh omg), but anything else melted. I'm on my first playthrough with all three games (currently in Undead Settlement in DS3), so I haven't dabbled much in pvp and I'm not very good at it. But when red phantoms wanted to dance, boy did I dance. They come in with the soul greatsword or some bs, I would block with my magic infused Blossom shield, then stick em once or twice with the stinger and watch them about face and run. A well placed toxic mist, poison arrows, or a couple of cracks of the whip would make short work of my adversaries. My poise was enough to secure the poison debuff while maintaining good enough HP because of the good physical defense from my armor, then I could finish them at range or heal as appropriate, all while dealing constant damage. Downside: mid roll, even with the load reducing rings and tough boss fights.

    TL;DR Stack dex, poison weapons, and poise. Great for pvp, not so much for bosses.

    Few things in the souls series are as gratifying as a red phantom saying to him/herself, "Oh, fk I'm poisoned, OH FK, I'm going to die here!" And the subsequent panic.

    submitted by /u/MisterOffdensen
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with Elana NG+6, Ps3

    Posted: 29 Sep 2019 01:38 PM PDT

    Please, she's too hard. Keeps summoning Velstadt. NPC summons always die around 2 minute mark. SM: 301,358,052 SL: 656

    submitted by /u/DragonbornTom
    [link] [comments]

    Music similar to Majula or Fire Keepers?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2019 01:15 PM PDT

    I'm loving this calm instrumental music. Right now I'm reading through The Count of Monte Cristo and thought the songs Majula, Fire Keepers, and King Vendrick fit so well with some of the chapters. It's got that eerie/mysterious adventure atmosphere to it.

    Any recommendations for similar music outside of Dark Souls? I've saved a few from DS1 and DS3 as well.

    submitted by /u/calitowa
    [link] [comments]

    Post for discussing lore

    Posted: 29 Sep 2019 08:49 AM PDT

    Hello guys! If You have any lore-related questions, like locations backgrounds, NPC/Bosses stories, why Shalquoir is so cute. Or have Your interesting ideas. I suggest to discuss them here.

    submitted by /u/Bege151
    [link] [comments]

    Is there anyway to get covenant items offline ? I need spells and etc from covenants and to level one up all the way which one is the easiest offline? Trying to get 100%

    Posted: 29 Sep 2019 12:09 PM PDT

    Today I beat the bit blue boy with only caestus’!!!

    Posted: 29 Sep 2019 01:33 PM PDT

    Here's the video

    submitted by /u/kr0sswalk
    [link] [comments]

    Weapons

    Posted: 29 Sep 2019 09:42 AM PDT

    If I were to kill the lost sinner as my first "primal", what are all the weapons I could get. (Path heide tower, forest of giants, lost bastille (forest of giants entrance), no mans warf, and then lost bastille proper

    submitted by /u/JMCQ1202
    [link] [comments]

    I FINALLY finished all three Dark Souls games! I would love to talk about my experience and share my thoughts on some bosses.

    Posted: 28 Sep 2019 04:29 PM PDT

    First of all, some basic stuff about my playthrough:

    1. I played through 2 first (which took 62 hours), then 3 (which took 45 hours), then 1 (which took 58 hours). I started in May of 2017, and just finished the series today (took some big breaks).

    2. I primarily played simple dex/strength builds (only ever leveled vitality, endurance, strength and dex)

    3. I solo ran every boss (no summons) and never looked up cheese methods or strategies or secret stuff (except for some general advice a couple times)

    4. I pretty much only did the required bosses (boss battles stress me out, so I never tried optional ones)

    5. I always had a map of the game pulled up though. No item locations, just a basic map of each area so I knew how everything was connected (in hindsight, it would have been more fun without it)


    Here are some general thoughts on the series:

    1. These games are very challenging. Lots of secret pathways you have to find, deceptive enemies that do a lot of damage, important details that are easy to miss, and overwhelming boss battles with a steep learning curve.

    2. These games are pretty well polished (with the exception of DS1), but because they're designed to punish you, dying on account of some glitch or gimmicky mechanic is EXTREMELY frustrating.

    3. But when the game is running as intended, it does an INCREDIBLE job of forcing you to make a tough decision: get frustrated and call the game stupid, or "get gud" as they say—figure out why you died, and fix the problem. Rinse and repeat until you have a good rhythm, then keep truckin' until that boss is dead.

    4. Lastly, I want to recognize these games for actually helping me learn to be more patient under duress. Never in my life have I been able to keep calm and calculated while playing a challenging game. These games beat the shit out of me until I learned to push aside the rage and think rationally about what's happening. Find your own weak spots, work to improve them, and be okay with dying a million times for the sake of improving as a player. There's some good stuff in there for real life difficulty as well!


    Here are my thoughts on some of the bosses:

    DARK SOULS

    Bell Gargoyle: most people seem to say this one is easy, but I had a VERY hard time getting one knocked out before the second one killed me. Never figured out a great strategy, just got lucky eventually. Definitely walked off the roof a few times too.

    Capra Demon: never realized he was optional, and I wish I had. Between him and the two dogs and the very small area and the sketchy camera controls, this one was very frustrating and not very fun.

    Quelaag: This one took me a lot of tries, but wasn't too difficult—I just had a hard time keeping space around her and not getting stuck pinned to a wall. It was a lot easier to chill and take this one slow, which was good.

    Four Kings: SO easy once I realized I just needed to do it really fast. Took me a while to figure out that they barely damage you up close. Just had to hit them a bunch, run away from their little explosion thing, and I never had to fight more than one at a time. Pretty creepy start to a battle though…I didn't like seeing him float to me from the void the first time I did it. It was nice not to have a ledge to fall off of! Running to him from the closest bonfire SUUUUUUUUUCKED though.

    Gaping Dragon: TERRIBLE hitboxes. So hard to dodge to his side and not get killed in basically one hit while he runs around. Not the best execution of a massive creature boss in this game. My attacks even clipped through him a few times.

    Sif: This one was kinda tricky for me, I really had a hard time properly dodging the spin attacks. Plus his constant hopping away got pretty annoying. I respect the big doggo though, and regret having to kill him. The run to him took a long time and got super boring.

    Gwyn: Incredibly fast and hard to avoid getting hit. Eventually I realized how much easier he was to beat as long as I stayed as close to him as possible. Any distance and he would tear me to pieces. Up close, he did less damage and was way easier to parry.

    Nito: I'm still not sure I understand this boss. Felt like I had to rely too much on RNG and for some reason I had to just avoid aggro-ing the big skellies if I wanted to survive. Just had to hope that he would do his explosion attack so I could hit him without getting attacked by the smaller enemies. Didn't find it fun at all, especially having to run so far every time to the fog wall.

    Ornstein and Smough: FUCK. I must have tried this battle 50+ times, no exaggeration. 100% the hardest of all boss battles in the series for me. The whole "learn from your mistakes and improve" process was incredible slow. There is little to no room for error here, and finding a spot to attack takes a very long time. Plus you have to deal with quite a few glitch/gimmicky things that just add to the challenge and frustration. Eventually, over time, I had a good rhythm, and just waited until the right RNG came along to give me a good shot. And a long-ish run to the fog wall every time was the icing on the cake.

    Seath the Scaleless: Super hard at first because hit tentacles are always moving, and my framerate dropped a TON every time he turned around. He was incredibly easy though once I realized I could just hit him right on his stomach and get away easily. The most damage is done there and he's very predictable when you avoid going behind him. One of the worst runs from the nearest bonfire across all 3 games I think.

    Taurus Demon: Pretty gimmicky fighting on such a small area. But it was easy for me once he just decided to walk off and end the battle early.


    DARK SOULS 2

    The Pursuer: one of the first ones I really had to try a LOT of times to figure out. The bosses with more fluid movement always throw me off.

    The Skeleton Lords: I actually beat this one on my first try, but it was the most butt clenching I've ever done. Had no idea what I was getting myself into, but somehow I survived long enough to keep killing off the skellies and make some progress. Super overwhelming, 10/10.

    Flexile Sentry: also one of the hardest in the series for me. The slow movement in the water was VERY stressful, and I was pretty new to the games still, so it took me a long time to really get it. Probably relied on more luck/RNG than anything when I finally beat it.

    Smelter Demon: not that hard to beat thankfully, because running to him was damn near impossible. Skinny little bridges with knights on them? No thanks.

    Throne Watcher/Defender: one of the hardest of the series, probably pretty close to O&M. This battle is what kept me from beating DS2 for a very long time. I had actually started 3 before I went back and eventually beat them.


    DARK SOULS 3

    Deacons of the Deep: pretty stressful for sure, the overwhelming ones like this are really hard to keep a good strategy for. But this one also seems like it just needs to be done quick before it gets out of your control.

    Pontiff Sulyvahn: definitely top 5 hardest in the series for me. For sure one of the fastest, plus the ghost twin really added a tough twist to it. Not too unpredictable though, which I think made all the difference.

    Dancer of Boreal Valley: she was so slow moving and fluid, it totally threw off everything I thought I knew about boss battles. Plus she has so many different attacks, it was hard to keep track of.

    Lothric and Lorian: also top 5 hardest for sure. Very predictable, but it takes so much time dodging attacks and slowly taking down their health that you end up using most of your estus every time. It took me a long time to get this one figured out.

    Soul of Cinder: very predictable, but VERY few good windows for attacking. There's hardly a second he's not attacking, so this one must have taken a straight half hour for me to finish. Plus a second stage with a new full health bar was always discouraging.


    THANK YOU SO MUCH for taking the time to read any of this. These games are amazing and it feels like the end of an era for me. Praise the sun, good luck skeleton, get gud, all that stuff. Now onto Sekiro!

    submitted by /u/xAbednego
    [link] [comments]

    [Ps4]

    Posted: 29 Sep 2019 09:56 AM PDT

    I'm struggling getting through the first party of the game can someone drop me souls or help me

    submitted by /u/vertiho00
    [link] [comments]

    Platinum: Tedious more than difficult

    Posted: 29 Sep 2019 09:28 AM PDT

    Dark Souls 2 in lots of ways is my favorite. I really do love the game. So that being said, I've been working on getting the platinum trophy for it. The only thing about it is that it requires you to go to ng+ and from what I've heard ng+++ if you want all the miracles, hexes, etc. I'm just not sure I agree with that, especially considering there's only one ending, therefore I feel it should be possible to get platinum in one play through. The game isn't really hard, but going through the game again and again just to have certain characters give you some new items needed for certain trophies is a bit bs to me. What do you think?

    submitted by /u/Articis
    [link] [comments]

    Keyboard macro for shield break and jump attack just as inconsistent with keyboard macro as with controller.

    Posted: 29 Sep 2019 09:22 AM PDT

    I programmed macros for the punch and for the jump attack so that I only need to press one button on my gaming mouse or keyboard to activate each of those moves. There is no time delay recorded between the key presses, so both the direction and r1/r2 buttons are essentially pressed at exactly the same time when activating this the assigned key for the macro .

    I thought this would result in flawless, 100% reliable executions of the jump attack and shield break punch, eliminating player/human error in not pressing the two buttons on the controller at exactly the same time... BUT I WAS WRONG

    The macro is just as unreliable as the controller, with about 2-3/10 attempts at punching and jumping failing, thus a 20-30% failure rate.

    It seems like the punch move and the jump attack move are programmed as dice rolls and only activate 70% of the time upon a perfect button press execution. Thus no matter how hard you practice to press those button combinations flawlessly, there will always be a chance of failure and for the punch and the jump to not activate.

    I could be wrong, but I can't think of a different reason for why the macro doesn't give me a 100% reliable result.

    submitted by /u/fopkannon
    [link] [comments]

    I finally beat This Game!!

    Posted: 28 Sep 2019 06:20 PM PDT

    After 4 and a half years of on and off. I sat down this month and said "Imma finish this game." So I did. It's probably not an amazing achievement but I'm happy about it. What a wonderful game.

    submitted by /u/Squishy2-Point0
    [link] [comments]

    I just earned my Dark Soul achievement!

    Posted: 28 Sep 2019 06:06 PM PDT

    It's been a long haul getting to this point, but I can honestly say I'm glad I gave this game a chance, having heard mixed reviews of it prior to purchase.

    Yeah, it's a fair bit different to DSR, but at the same time it still feels very much in the same vein.

    When I started out, I was getting my ass handed to me by the old knights in Heide's. By the end, I was still getting my ass whooped, but this time to the fucking reindeer in Frigid Outskirts.

    I changed my build several times throughout my playthroughs, something I didn't feel the need to do as much in DSR, I felt the game encourages you to swap and change due to how low durability can be on weapons, but this was a positive aspect. I learned that for soft squishy things, you use stabby stabby things, and for big armored MF's, you flatten the bastards with your biggest stick.

    I also used magic a lot more in this game than I ever bothered in DSR, which paid dividends (I ended up re-allocating my stats to make my FAI 55 by my third playthrough and nuked almost anything in my way with sunlight spears for amazing lols)

    Speaking of sunlight spears, I also spent a fair bit of time Co operatively smashing bosses up in NG+ with a friend I found on here, something else I didn't manage to do much of on DSR, and it was glorious! We had a great laugh, even when we got wrecked, especially when we got wrecked.

    I thought when I started this game that it wasn't gonna be for me as I couldn't seem to get to grips with it, but I stuck at it, and I now love it almost as much, if not equally as much as DSR.

    Some highlights of the game for me have been: Beating the Fume Knight and the Super Smelter Bros, they were the bosses I struggled most with initially and toppling them was ace. The first time I hit the dragon aerie, thinking wow, great view, but do I now have to kill like 700 dragons? Beating the darklurker after the mini gank squads, getting to Drangleic castle the first time thinking this has to be near the end, then realising I actually had a lot left to do, and almost all parts of the DLCs were absolutely incredible.

    Some lowlights were: The god forsaken Frigid Outskirts was such a pain to get through, and so was the iron keep my first time. The whole statue destroying deal with the DLCs (Smelter wedges and the ghost boys that kill the fuck out of you til you find their statues) and some of the bosses in the main game just felt plain and very lackluster. Did I mention the Frigid Outskirts?

    Sorry for the wall of text, but I had to share a bit of my experience with this game, as it's been incredible! I'm gonna move onto DS3 at some point and finish this awesome trilogy, but for now I'm gonna take it easy, maybe burn some ascetics and kick the shit out of the last giant and pursuer for a while.

    Thanks for the memories DS2, it's been emotional.

    submitted by /u/Deanus89
    [link] [comments]

    Does this game have the ability to two hand to use weapons you don’t have stats for?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2019 06:52 AM PDT

    I know in the other games if you didn't have enough strength, but you were like halfway there, you could two hand it but you couldn't one hand it. Is it the same way here? I got a few item drops but I can't use them yet and I'm a long way from being able to.

    submitted by /u/DatFrostyBoy
    [link] [comments]

    Can you rush Scorpioness Najka in NG+?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2019 11:20 PM PDT

    So I'm aiming for the platinum trophy but I killed the scorpion guy that is supposed to give you the Warmup gesture, and I googled it and apparently bonfire ascetics won't revive NPC so I'll have to do it in NG+

    Can you fight Najka as soon as the game begins? I know you need a fragrant branch of yore to even get to Shaded Woods, but aside from that, there's no other requirement in order to fight Najka, right?

    submitted by /u/Kizuxtheo
    [link] [comments]

    Funkpunk69 on ps3

    Posted: 28 Sep 2019 10:16 PM PDT

    I know the ps3 community is dying out slowly but it'd be swell to play along with others that haven't gone fully hollow.

    submitted by /u/getoffmylawn10
    [link] [comments]

    Online community ps4

    Posted: 29 Sep 2019 02:08 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    I was wondering: how is online activity on ps4? I'm going for platinum trophy and was wondering if it's worthwhile starting a new character so I can do some co-op/pvp on the go. I reasoned that the new attention to Fromsoftware games (thanks to DS3/BB/Sekiro) might have led to new players for SOTFS too..

    Cheers!

    submitted by /u/etrulzz
    [link] [comments]

    Bosses are too easy (base game, NG)

    Posted: 28 Sep 2019 08:46 PM PDT

    Started playing four days ago and beat the base game the bosses were too easy. Just used a giant club and full drangleic armour for the whole play through I don't think I died to a boss more than three times, most I beat on my first try. Hopefully dlc and ng+ is more challenging or maybe giant club is just super op.

    submitted by /u/Cplus44
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment