• Breaking News

    Monday, December 30, 2019

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 10:11 PM PST

    Welcome to the weekly Dark Souls mod announcement and discussion thread!

    Beware! Use of mods whilst connected to the internet can cause you to get banned from online play!

    For more information, or to continue the discussion visit /r/ModSouls

    Using mods (PC only!) to enhance or add new content to the Souls games is great fun! It is important, however, to understand that mods are against From's EULA/ToS, so there is a great risk of being banned when using them due to From's anti-cheat--which is deployed in most versions of the Souls games.

    Versions of the games where modding is safe due to no anti-cheat:

    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

    Versions of the games where modding carries a very high risk of being banned:

    Dark Souls: Remastered

    Dark Souls II

    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

    Dark Souls III


    Our recommendations for safe modding

    *This advice is intended for first-time or relatively inexperienced modders who want to get into modding without risking a ban on their main Steam account.

    Basic Steps:

    Make a separate Steam account

    Use Steam's Family Sharing feature to provide your new account with access to your main Steam account's game library.

    Install games to be used with the new account in a separate directory.

    Once you've found your mods be sure to read (and follow) the mod author's instructions carefully prior to installation.

    Set Steam to "off line" mode.

    Install the mods and perform any necessary setup.

    Enjoy the fun and interesting experiences offered by mods!

    Be sure to remove all file components of the mod before going back online!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Made a Solaire helmet for Halloween a few years back. Super proud of it, thought I'd share.

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 10:13 PM PST

    I made a fanart of Solaire

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 05:04 AM PST

    here is the image

    I hope you like the fanart, i'm relatively new in this game

    submitted by /u/prog_groupie
    [link] [comments]

    Ornstein and smough are dead

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 05:41 PM PST

    I couldn't rest at the bonfire before hand as a guy had invaded my game, but luckily he was nice so he didnt attack me. So I go into the fight with 8 estus flasks and the guy leaves so no help (I wanted that anyway because I wanted to do it myself). At first I'm a little rusty and spend most of my time walking backwards holding my shield up, but decided to two-hand my black knight sword and see a huge improvement. After at least 5 minutes (I was being a huge pussy so I rarely attacked), I managed to kill ornstien. This left me with 2 estus flasks remaining to kill super smough, and they did not last long. I was fighting but needed health desperately, so I dug into my humanity reserve. Six humanitys later and smough was dead. That's right; I beat them first try. I'm so happy with this because I hit a brick wall with these guys on the ps3 earlier this year, and getting the dark souls trilogy for Christmas gave me a reason to try again. I used tactics I was told about on this sub and I won. I just wanna say thank you guys :)

    submitted by /u/Turtle_pro_310105
    [link] [comments]

    Holy shit!

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 01:44 PM PST

    I was just exploring the Catacombs, and then I saw this coffin which was possible to lay in, so I did. Then the coffin closes and I am transported to the Tombs of The Giants. Wow! Never have I felt so satisfied and sucked into a game before. So exciting and mysterious! This game is fucking great!

    submitted by /u/ferdinandfoldvik
    [link] [comments]

    Why didn't Oscar just drink from the Estus flask he gives us?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 10:38 PM PST

    Dude could have just taken a sip and been fine before he gave it to us. It's clearly full since it has 5 charges.

    submitted by /u/HayleyKJ
    [link] [comments]

    Please someone answer me! I want to help this subreddit

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 12:53 AM PST

    In the gather 'round the bonfire post I saw that people who have at least 10 karma can help building the wiki. How can I help? I love this sub so I want to improve it. I finally found a real purpose for my karma. Praise the Sun!

    submitted by /u/Hiroshij7_3439
    [link] [comments]

    Holy crap, I just realised something (spoilers)

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 10:35 PM PST

    I know the story inside and out from item descriptions to watching lore on YouTube, but mostly just making my own head canon, as most do.

    Anyway, I was just watching a lore video I had on an old sd card (my offline downloaded Vikings and only fools and horses had run out :()

    And it hit me, the undead are just living breathing fuel for the first flame. Gwyn had linked them to the bonfires that much, that the undead curse and the bonfires became symbiosis of one another. Shit is crazy. That's some matrix shit right there. Dark souls is such a masterpiece. I can't believe I haven't made that connection before, what can i say. I think I'm just happy. ;)

    submitted by /u/Stubbornskelly
    [link] [comments]

    Ds1 Christmas

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 02:27 PM PST

    I'd made a song out of the first half of dark souls

    Jingle bells Gargoyles smell Qualaag laid an egg Slam and jam killed a lamb The vessel shows the way hey

    submitted by /u/scrub-banisher
    [link] [comments]

    Beat my first playthrough! My ranking of all bosses from easiest to hardest.

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 10:54 AM PST

    This comprehensive list is determined based upon my play style and how difficult these bosses are for a new player. I have quite a few rules for this listing. Firstly, I will normalize due to overleveling and bringing overpowered gear against some of the top entries. Next, I do not believe in cheesing unless desperate times call for it...fuck you, Capra Demon. I did not summon anyone, I did not lure endless diarrhea to the edge, and I did not parry Gwyn. All rankings are for solo play and without cheats. Lastly, note that I am counting Stray Demon and Demon Firesage as one boss because they are exact reskins.

    25) Pinwheel (0.5/10) - Imagine if the soundtrack were totally badass but you never got to hear it because you stepped all over this tragic conglomeration of mother, father, and son in 10 seconds.

    24) Asylum Demon (1/10) - The plunge attack makes things easy and its booty is extra thicc. Just stay close to it and you are good.

    23) Moonlight Butterfly (2/10) - This would earn a reward for most boring battle without a doubt. Just equip light armor and roll when it attacks. I died a ton of times to this thing, sadly, because I didn't realize how heavy armor works and I saved estus thinking it'd never come back after use.

    22) Iron Golem (3/10) - Absolute joke of a boss difficulty-wise. Even more comical is watching it stumble as you chop away at its ankles. A great reward of a battle that still won't make up for the perils involved in getting there.

    21) Dark Sun Gwyn (3/10) - All you do is run forward and hide behind pillars. I don't need to say much else.

    20) Crossbreed Priscilla (3/10) - Watch her footsteps or prepare for ambush. Her attacks hurt and may cause bleed. But she is frail and easy to look out for. Plus, she drops a sick tail weapon, but good luck cutting it off if she won't become visible.

    19) Taurus Demon (3.5/10) - This entry officially ends the list of cakewalks. I fought this boss strictly on ground and with ease. Almost first-tried it then killed it after three deaths. Its attacks hurt but they are not terrible to dodge.

    18) Gaping Dragon (4/10) - It's easy to stay behind it and attack, but know that it can flip its head around at any moment then try to stomp you. And watch out for its dash attack if you are attacking from the side.

    17) Seath the Scaleless (4/10) - Avoid the curse-imbued crystals that spawn and it is easy. If you go for the main tail though, you will have a rougher time guaranteed.

    16) Great Grey Wolf Sif (4.5/10) - Easy to dodge its attacks and stay underneath it. The most difficulty I had was keeping the tears back, but I do not account for the emotional trauma in this list.

    15) Stray Demon/Demon Firesage (5.5/10) Its AOE explosion hurts a ton and if its club manages to hit you, you are in for a world of pain. It even times its next swing to flatten you once you get up. Stay behind it and watch what it does.

    14) Ceaseless Discharge (6/10) - Its attacks hurt like a son-of-a-bitch and they are not as easy to dodge as they look. Luckily, you get a good time window to heal yourself so you should be okay.

    13) Centipede Demon (6.5/10) - This is where the list starts to get pretty difficult. You do NOT want to battle it from afar and especially not on the strip of land where you enter the arena. Move to a more suitable location while consuming your estus then stay underneath it. Or else you are going to have a very hard time.

    12) Gravelord Nito (6.5/10) - The skeletons may seem intimidating and I will call them a good distraction, but Nito will send them to waste with its AOE attack anyway. Its attacks are slow and telegraphed. The most difficulty lies in prioritizing ads that are closer to you but will get wiped out or the boss.

    11) Sanctuary Guardian (7/10) - What this creature lacks in bulk makes up for in damage. Its attacks are fast and may fluster you, but they are pretty okay to deal with.

    10) Chaos Witch Quelaag (7/10) - Quelaag's attacks can do some serious damage and her spider's lava may disrupt your arena control. Watch where you are going and back away from Quelaag when she hugs her spider. That AOE attack can send you into the lava.

    9) Bell Gargoyles (7.5/10) - One-on-one, absolutely no problem. But send in another one that won't let you divide and conquer, and you are going to struggle greatly. These guys took me quite some time.

    8) Bed of Chaos (7.5/10) - Ah. The bed of bullshit. Its attacks always just so happen to sweep you into the pitfalls that it creates. In a game that is not meant to be a platformer. I hate this boss with a passion. It is difficult for the wrong reasons.

    7) Capra Demon (8/10) - Like the last boss, this is difficult for all of the wrong reasons, and I warrant plunging from the stairs in this case. You immediately get ambushed by the boss and two dogs. The first few seconds determine everything. If you can't take the dogs out, then you don't have a shot. The boss hits really hard with its ultra greatswords and they may not always be easy to dodge. Luckily, this boss is very frail, so it's doable once the ads are gone.

    6) Four Kings (8/10) - This boss is difficult due to the constant pressure of putting out affirmative DPS and the stamina drain while fighting it. Its sword attacks don't hurt terribly but its grab will steal a humanity from you. And you need to take a king down quickly or you'll end up getting teamed. That is when you might as well pack it in.

    5) Gwyn (8.5/10) - Now we are at the frustrating levels of difficulty for bosses if played without being cheap. Gwyn is extremely aggressive and his aggro is only breakable by a tree. It is difficult to heal on him. Dodging his circular swinging attacks are easy but it isn't trivial that you are supposed to roll back on his forward slash with perfect sideways tracking. Have your endurance leveled for this battle or you are in a heap of trouble.

    4) Black Dragon Kalameet (9/10) - Its electric attacks are extremely deadly, especially when it flies upwards and launches them at you. Calamity is something to fear. And its moveset is balanced against attackers that try to get underneath it. A very challenging battle that offers an entertaining experience due to the fairness involved.

    3) Smough & Ornstein (9.5/10) - I killed Smough first so this may account for the high difficulty in part, besides the placement of a brutal entry in the midgame. Keep your eyes on these two at all costs. Repeat, at all costs! It is easy to get caught off guard while attacking one of them and get slaughtered from behind. You could get trapped in a corner too if you are not aware of boundaries. This dynamic duo deals a ton of damage and work perfectly in tandem with one another. The difficulty does not end once you kill one of them. In my case, Mega Ornstein hurts a ton and boasts great bulk. His ranged lightning attacks apply constant pressure and disable healing if you can't find a pillar to hide behind. And his melee attacks are gonna chop down your health if you cannot dodge them. Speaking of which, rolling past most of his attacks isn't bad, but the ones that are tougher to dodge hurt a ton. And that ground pound AOE leaves caution to be desired.

    2) Manus (10/10) - I struggled much more with Manus than the #1 entry, but that is because I couldn't abuse Havel's Greatshield and armor. Manus is easily the most aggressive boss in the game and also the most obnoxious. He throws five-hit and six-hit combos that can OHKO you if not suited properly. One of which are extremely hard to dodge if he is too close to you when telegraphing it. The black magic attacks require a silver pendant and some of them are not completely deflected by it (the rain one leaves behind one or two hits after blocking). I cannot put this at #1 because, despite the constant pressure, you can heal yourself after dodging an attack that leaves him vulnerable. His offbeat timing windows also become more obvious with trial and error.

    1) Knight Artorias (10/10) - I killed Artorias on my fourth try but I cannot attribute it to skill. Artorias leaves little room for air as he constantly attacks you with devastating combos and powerful slashes. It is hard to tell when he is going to stop. You also do not want to deal with him buffed so if you are out of stamina when he rolls back to use the power of the abyss, you might know what to expect next. I love this battle and I think that it is well-worthy of receiving the title as the hardest battle in the original Dark Souls.

    I know that this list is heavily opinionated and disrupted by several factors. But once I play through the game more, I will get a greater understanding of true difficulty. I have actually made a new character and some of these bosses on this list felt more or less trivial. I beat Gargoyles first try but defeated Quelaag on my fourth when I completed it first try on my original character, despite the struggle associated. Let me know your opinions!

    submitted by /u/Lol_u_ded
    [link] [comments]

    Is it a bad idea to just keep upgrading the battle axe I found in the beginning of the game to carry me through the entire game?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 04:41 PM PST

    Am i underpowered?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 03:19 AM PST

    I made it to sens fortress but im doing 76-80 damage with my Zweiheinder

    submitted by /u/Not_Elon21
    [link] [comments]

    Darksouls lifepro tip for swordsman

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 10:58 PM PST

    Those zombie creatures with the exploding head that causes toxic, if you kill them with any weapon with a flame attribute, they don't explode at all. Ofc you could kill them with arrows or a spear like I used to until I "discovered" this, but for those who enjoy the RPG elements, or just enjoy handicapping yourself like I do, then this is the tip for you.

    submitted by /u/Stubbornskelly
    [link] [comments]

    Noob needs help with Builds and infusing on DS3 !

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 10:34 PM PST

    Hey there, to preface I'm on mobile so sorry if it looks all weird when posted.

    I'm a dark souls noob basically bought the first two games when I was younger, didn't get far. (In BB neither) and I bought DS3 and I'm barely getting around to playing it. I'm up to cathedral of the deep but I'm still running on my basic Knights armor and still rocking the long sword and shield. I'm level 46 and my stats are at V:21 A:10 E:20 V:21 S:19 D:19 I:9 F:9 L:7

    If I messed up on how I spread out my stats, go easy on me, remember, its my first go around. Anyways, I have no interest in using uh magic or any of the sort. I'm pretty comfortable using the sword and shield combo (gives me peace knowing the basic shield covers 100 physical) but I wouldn't mind using two handed weapons like the sellsword twin blades, read they were OP and I just found out not too long ago.

    Based on what I read I'm thinking I want a strength/dex build ? To put it short I wanna be able to use a sword and shield but also double handed weapons like the SS.

    I read some descriptions on how scaling and infusions work but I just get confused.

    So please just help a brother out, what weapons should I go for, what shield is viable, how does infusing work/what weapons do I infuse with what, and uhh where do I invest my souls into from here on out stat-wise.

    Sorry for rambling, thanks for your time.

    submitted by /u/TheStPatrick
    [link] [comments]

    Artorias

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 10:16 AM PST

    After taking down Artorias on my 22nd attempt on my first play through and being salty, I just beat Artorias on my second attempt and I can finally appreciate this boss for being great.

    submitted by /u/Bridge4471
    [link] [comments]

    Upgrade order for GiantDad?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 03:43 PM PST

    So I've been trying to make a GiantDad build for Awhile, but I've never been told the upgrade order for him. Does anyone here know the specific order to upgrade?

    P.S. Do I have to choose the bandit for GiantDad?

    submitted by /u/FreedCub5
    [link] [comments]

    PvP meta

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 02:48 AM PST

    What's the meta soul level for PvP in Dark Souls 1.

    submitted by /u/Vredter
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you to everyone who still puts signs at Undead Parish

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 12:57 PM PST

    Without you optimists who believe in the Coop in this game there would be far less groups for me to slaughter and point down.

    Truly, thank you. Bunch of casuls <3

    submitted by /u/Frisolino
    [link] [comments]

    Have i made Dark Souls easy by overleveling?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 02:31 PM PST

    I just faced three bosses in a row in the Demon Ruins and defeated them all effortlessly, Ceaseless discharge (2nd try), Demon Firesage (2nd try) and Centipede Demon (1st try). I don't remember my exact level, but i do have 40 vitality and 40 endurance, with 20 dex and 30 str. I'm wearing the full havel set with havel's ring and the ring of FaP, and a +5 BKS. Have i overleveled and just made Dark Souls easy or are these bosses three in a row for a reason (they're easy)?

    submitted by /u/Elcotonex
    [link] [comments]

    Am I Doing Something Wrong?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 07:49 PM PST

    This is my first full play through of the game and I only have the archives and new Londo to do yet. I'm SL90 and am nearly getting 2 shotted by everything in sight and it take me 7 hits to kill the basic enemies. I feel like I'm definitely over leveled for this part of the game but it's not what it seems. Is something weird happening or is this how it's supposed to be? I'm running a dex build if that makes any difference

    submitted by /u/wwmann
    [link] [comments]

    Help with backstabs?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 11:48 PM PST

    I can't seem to backstab any enemy! It was really easy in DS3 but in this game (remastered version) I cannot seem to do it. Are there any tips or methods yall could share?

    submitted by /u/GamePro201X
    [link] [comments]

    Where is the location for all dragon weapons

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 11:34 PM PST

    Lfg ds remastered ps4 kalameet tail get

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 11:33 PM PST

    Arena 3 players

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 03:50 PM PST

    Please add the option to play a brawl with 3 players at the arenas or the possibility to add a npc so i can play 2v2 at arena with my 2 friends.

    submitted by /u/Humher83
    [link] [comments]

    I got all the trophies for DS1 back on the PS3 and I just bought DSR for the PS4 - I have a few questions

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 11:08 PM PST

    Hi guys I used to post here a lot around 2014/2015 when I played DS1 on PS3. I remember the multiplayer was still fairly active even four years after release, and I'm wondering how active the pvp is in the remaster.

    Do people still fight in the SL100-130 bracket? Is pvp still common in Darkroot, Burg, or the Township? Is it worth skipping Taurus Demon for SL1 Burg invasions? Is SL1 for upward invasion even worth it now since matching has been altered?

    If not, where are the most popular places? I get that the game is over a year old now so I'm not expecting miracles, but I know a lot of people still love the pvp in this game and so I'd like to know where the majority of people are playing.

    Also, which bosses are best for invasions/jolly cooperation, and can somebody ELI5 the covenant changes? Is the Red Eye orb still the best method to engage in pvp?

    Apologies for so many Google-able questions but you guys probably know a lot more nuanced/accurate info.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/scifigetsmehigh
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment