• Breaking News

    Friday, October 30, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 11:08 PM PDT

    What does your current PvP character look like? If your character has a back story to go with their personal fashion statement we'd like to hear that, too!

    Don't forget to check out /r/fashionsouls for all of your fashion needs.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I'm in shambles

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 07:16 PM PDT

    I just killed Solaire in Lost Izalith, and I can't help but feel awful about it. Not only did I kill him, but I did nothing to prevent this. He went mad trying to find his sun, and I feel as if it was my duty to protect him, as he had protected me.

    submitted by /u/andrew4houston
    [link] [comments]

    Do you play other games like it’s a souls game?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 08:01 AM PDT

    I've been playing The Souls games for awhile. It's sort of my fallback game when I'm not playing other things. I even have remastered on my switch and I'll play it throughout the week at my office. Recently I started playing Wind Waker at home on GameCube. My wife made the comment that I play ever other game like it's a souls game. Mainly dodging/Rolling and only attacking when I know have an opening.

    This is something I've never even thought about. It's just how I play games. After she said that I realised that after a would dodge and attack my eyes would float towards the upper left area of the screen. I WAS LOOKING AT MY HEALTH AND STAMINA! In hindsight now I know that I always do this for almost every game I play.

    Does anyone else do this or am I just crazy?

    submitted by /u/Catherbys
    [link] [comments]

    Killed more than 100 Darkwraiths to get a single titanite slab

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 08:13 PM PDT

    I farmed 83 titanite chunks and now I got also one titanite slab, you just have to keep going and eventually one will drop. I am on new game+ and you get around 40.000 Souls per run, there are 10 darkwraiths in New Londo Ruins.

    I do not know the exact number of runs it took I guess something between 15-20 runs.

    submitted by /u/forest-hunter
    [link] [comments]

    I've done siegmeyers quest 3000 times and it is still fantastic

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 08:00 PM PDT

    I'm not a gamer, but...

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 04:44 PM PDT

    Dark Souls got me through some tough times.

    I recently found myself on deployment overseas, post-mission and in an extreme lockdown during the "pack our stuff up and go home" phase. We were struggling with boredom and all the things soldiers face overseas. I had tried to play Dark Souls III before, and had gotten to the Catacombs but sort of lost interest at that point. I hadn't tried to understand the story, and the gameplay was interesting but not compelling without it.

    After we were extended due to COVID and other circumstances, I just decided "F-it" and vowed to beat all three of the series. Damn what amazing games. I started with DSR on the nintendo switch, then moved to Dark Souls III because I had heard so many negative things about Dark Souls II. Once I finished III with all the expansions, I was still stuck in the sandbox. Well time to beat II. I did, with all the expansions.

    Obviously this was with a lot of help from the DS community, a lot of summons were used and a lot of deaths were involved. But it definitely made the time waiting to come back home a lot more manageable, and the story is so deep and complex, its amazing. I am working on my second playthrough of every game now. Back home with a little one that is more challenging, but I have to say that the lore and depth and involvement really just leave me craving more. I can't wait to get into Bloodborne, the Demon Souls Remake, and someday I will try Sekiro again. I really, really struggled with the difficulty of that one and am stuck on Lady Butterfly.

    Like I said, I am not a gamer and have rarely gone past a few hours in a game before. I am 140+ hours into each of the trilogy now. My wife totally does not understand but is supportive. It's the depth of lore and the challenge that make this series such an amazing experience that transcends "just a video game".

    Praise the sun.

    submitted by /u/_pra1se_th3_sun_
    [link] [comments]

    I never thought I’d make it

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 03:00 AM PDT

     When I heard about players who had beaten dark souls with bananas, with dance dance revolution pads, or without leveling up once... to me it was like hearing about professional gamers and then last Friday I thought "if they can do it, why can't you" and so I started my soul level one run Now seven days later here we are, I struggled at first, then I beat queelag with the help of man eater. From there I got my pyromancer flame and I beat the ceaseless discharge so that I could upgrade it, afterwards I used up all the souls I had and upgraded my flame as much as I could from there I went on and fought the Taurus demon, destroying him in only a few blows and it felt amazing I became a glass cannon and before long I beat the gargoyles with the help of Solaire and Lautrec, from there I managed to defeat the iron golem with the help of Iron Tarkus and I realized, wow here I am, soul level one and at anor londo but then came trouble, when it finally came time to fight them, I had no more humanities and so I had to beat O&S solo without relying on summons, from there I obtained the lord vessel, I took down the bed of chaos first, the centipede demon and firesage demon before her, from there I fought seath, and afterwards I defeated the four kings, and before long I was gesturing the point down move at Gravelord Nitos disappearing body.... I'd done it, now here I am, about to go to sleep but tommorow will be the day I beat Gwyn, all at soul level one, this game is insane and while I didn't defeat every single boss (Capra, gaping dragon, big rat, and the entire DLC) I'm looking forward to beating Gwyn tommorow and testing the limits of how much further I can go with this game 
    submitted by /u/Kev_daddy
    [link] [comments]

    I JUST SPENT 15 HOURS STRAIGHT TRYING TO BEAT ORNSTEIN AND FATTY.

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 10:06 PM PDT

    I HAD POTTY BREAKS, BUT JESUS CHRIST THIS GAME IS CRAZY

    submitted by /u/Hottubsorethroat
    [link] [comments]

    VIVA LA DIRT LEAGUE is making a dark souls skit comedy series

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 03:45 AM PDT

    Rating The areas with if I’d live there or not

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 03:35 AM PDT

    1: undead asylum, cool demons but hear the constant screaming if hollows, let alone the fact that its well... an asylum 3/10, nope

    2: Firelink shrine, hell yeah! Have some nice company, beautiful views, and an awesome bop playing non-stop, even have some funny snake men 8/10 yes!

    3: undead burger, maybe not, cool bit just depressing and poor, just filled with hollers and everything is cramped, nothing too interesting too. 4/10 meh.

    4: undead parish, big church, cool gargoyles , cool knight, topless blacksmith, cool mage, hell yes, everything says yes!!!! Nowhere to sleep though. 7.5/10 pretty poggers

    5: dark root garden, too many trees, not very great, would probably be a nice place to camp thought, other than that nit really anything. 3.5/10

    6: darkroot basin, badass hydra and tons of crystal giants, will definitely be nice to look at, again, nowhere to really go thought, maybe havels tower? 5.5:10

    7: darkroot forest, literally just a forest filled with people who want to kill me, There's also a dog there but it gives me depression. 2.5/10

    8:Lower undead burg, tons of houses, neighbours seem friendly, also some friendly neighborhood dogs, definitely a nice place to live, also has bass and tables! 8/10 nice!

    9: depths, sewers and rats.... 2/10, I'm only not giving it a one because there's an awesome deformed dragon.

    10: blightown, why would anyone on the right kind want to live here, this is a nightmare. Random scaffolding everywhere, oh and did I mention the disgusting enemies and the fire breathing dogs? 1/10, nope.

    11: lower blightown, poison, slugs, fat ogres and fire bugs hell no. there's a topless woman though so 3/10

    12: The great hollow: genuinely seems quite cozy, I would definitely live here, if there was a house of course. I can definitely make a bed out of the mushroom, just have to be careful of the drop 7.5/10 very cool!

    13: ash lake, wow, the most beautiful scenery I've ever seen, that paired with the ethereal music? These also a giant dragon and a baddass hydra!!! What more could you want? 8.5/10 would genuinely love here

    14: demon ruins, too hot, also also gif demons, cool but nit my thing, the architecture is wierd too. 4.5/10 probably not.

    15: Lost izalith, flat lava planes. where will I even live?! Also there are dragon asses everywhere so absolutely not, 0.5/10 not on!

    16: catacombs, skeletons are awesome! Some places seem cozy too, just too many bugs and bonewheels for mex gonna have to give it something quite normal 5.5/10 spooky but cool

    17: tomb of the giants, it's dark, scary and filled with giant skeletons, I absolutely hate it (sorry ravelord), still has an amazing boss though, would definitely vibe in a coffin in Nitos area a 5/10

    18: new londo ruins, ghosts, banshees and abyss juice, nope, I like I bit of spook but this is too much, definitely not. 3/10

    19: sans funhouse, there is a bit too much here, unnerving architecture, giant snake men, lightning giant snake men, traps, rolling balls, giants, all just a bit too dangerous for me, would definitely not like here, I DJ t want to wake up losing a limb. 2/10

    20: Anor londo, wow! How beautiful, glistening sky's and beautiful architecture, amazing enemies, design and gameplay (except the archers), and at the end there's even an amazing boss and has the best waifu and husbando. I would absolutely love to live here, this place is absolutely perfect in every way possible 10/10

    21: dark anor Londo, I still absolutely love the setting for anor londo in this one, too bad all the waifus and husbandos hate you but who caters, this place now looks awesome with an even better atmosphere than the original, I would absolutely love to live here 9.5/10

    22: dukes archives, being here will make you never be bored in your life ever again , you have pretty much all the knowledge in the world right in front of you, I would definitely live here, it also looks really cosy too 8.5/10

    23: Crystal caves, it looks absolutely amazing but I would definitely not live there, all the crystal and rough ground? And the annoying noise of clams? Though, there is a rely cool dragon so I'd give it that but I would still not live there 5/10

    24: Painting of ariamis, I would definitely lie here, if looks amazing and I'd live the snow, don't like the bonehweels, undead dragons and the gloopy hollow thingys but other than that it looks really nice relaxing and cosy, did I mention the amazing waifu? Overall this has to be a 8.5/10

    25: oolicile sanctuary, I would definitely live here it seems so tranquil, and I would live the company of a giant mushroom. And I absolutely love the flora 8/10

    25: oolicile forest, I nice relaxing forest, there is even nice ruins to shelter in, would definitely live thier, and the gardeners just kinda vibe so I would kinda like it with all the company 6.5/10

    26) oolicile township nice place to live but the people that live there just aren't very poggers, maybe if the abyss Joyce was t there I would definitely live there, because it just looks like a nice town. 6/10

    27) chasm of the abyss, dark and spooky with manus, don't really like it, I'm nit just I to the darn that much, like the humanity though, thing is, where would I sleep? And there is nothing there to see. I guess it's just an area to stay away from poeple (sorry manus) 3/10

    28) Kiln of the first flame: absolutely beautiful atmosphere, I live the views and the area layout, I would definitely live here, nowhere to sleep though 6/10

    29) Asylum revisit, shit different story 2/10

    Thanks for the read, if I missed any just tell me.

    submitted by /u/Darksoulsfanatman
    [link] [comments]

    What is it like to live in the Undead Burg?

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 03:32 AM PDT

    Reasons for why I would fight ceaseless discharge before Four Kings

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 06:19 PM PDT

    I was recently reading some guides for Dark souls and one had given a list of bosses and what order you should fight them in. At one point the list had stated to fight moonlight butterfly, siff, and ceaseless discharge at any time in the game as long as it was before four kings. I understand fighting siff before four kings but I don't understand the reasoning for the other two, especially ceaseless discharge. I was going to ask the person there reasons for this but I can no longer find the post. Is there anyone that can think of a reason to why you would fight these two bosses before four kings?

    submitted by /u/BurnBodiesNotBooks
    [link] [comments]

    Overconfident Dark Souls Players - New Player

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 02:28 AM PDT

    which game should I get (1, 2 or 3)

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 01:11 AM PDT

    I know some will be biased but I want the version that can get near these oh so picky wants 1. I would like alot of varying enemy types along with a large item/loot count 2. I want a long story 3. alot of hidden places to find and surprise me if you can accommodate for these wants then I lt would make my playthrough and entry to the game series alot more enjoyable thank you :)

    submitted by /u/Y0ImaP0tat0
    [link] [comments]

    I'll try to be Oliver queen and beat the game using only bow and arrow and advice before the suicide

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 12:27 AM PDT

    Does it concern or excite the community that Demon's Souls is mostly unchanged.

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 11:10 PM PDT

    As a Fan and someone who has never beat Demon's Souls. Played it when I was young and didn't have patience for such a game now I'm a From Software nut. Anyway does it concern people that it's mostly unchanged and mechanics the same?. I've read horror stories of the world tendency and other content in the game. Just trying to get an idea what to expect.

    submitted by /u/ProAssassin84
    [link] [comments]

    Ceaseless doesnt wants jump (HELP)

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 11:06 PM PDT

    I started a SL1 Run this has never happened before he just stands there and spams his fire tantecle attack.Is this some kid of a bug

    submitted by /u/RaveLordNito769
    [link] [comments]

    HOW CAN I GET THIS GAME

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 02:41 AM PDT

    Hello sunbros. It's been a while since I've been able to play online due to my SLvL. So here i am, setting up a matchmaking password for whoever wants to co-op or invade, everyone's welcome.

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 10:50 PM PDT

    Matchmaking pswrd: solaire
    ...Post your ingame location in the comments for faster communication. (Nintendo Switch version)

    submitted by /u/Skorflash95
    [link] [comments]

    Can you reach the roof of the cell in undead asylum where Oscar threw the key from?

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 01:41 AM PDT

    I've finished Dark souls for the first time

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 12:39 PM PDT

    I know it seems stupid, bragging about finishing a game that's been out for ages, but still I finished it, with some help from YouTube (had no idea what to do at the beginning). It was hard but worth it, one of my top games. Next step Dark souls 2. I still suck ass in PvP. My build is horrendous.

    submitted by /u/fR1chAps
    [link] [comments]

    What’s your +15 weapon of choice?

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 01:12 AM PDT

    +15 Longsword, +15 Black Bow of Pharis, and +15 Great Club for me.

    I tend to grind and get way overpowered in any RPG I play. Darkwraith dropped a slab; now I have an extra slab and I don't know what to do with it.

    submitted by /u/DarthTexasRN
    [link] [comments]

    So yeah, I imagined a totally different souls game in my head lol.

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 12:34 AM PDT

    WARNING: LONG READ!!

    Idk if many will read this but ok. The story is set in a gothic/rennaisance world where you play as a Saint (an ancient race of superhumans which are said to be the creation of the Angels or the Primordial, the supreme god.) The main villain in this game is an Ancient King, said to be the first ever king in the world. Long ago him and many of his 5 collaborators practiced the Old Magic which then consumed them, drove them mad, twisted and deformed, but gave them immortality and immense power and laid dormant for thousands of years

    One of his collaborators turned into a twisted serpent hybrid with many serpants as his legs, much like Gwyndolin but on steroids. He sealed himself away in the vaults of gole while he still grasped on his sanity to save his people.

    -Another, a high priest grew crow feathers and could control the crows to attack anybody and eat them alive.

    -Another are the eternal lovers which were left hollow, emotionless and were cursed to slowly dance together in the dark.

    -Another is the king's most faithful knight, who was touched by the curse the least, he was only insane.

    Once some aura awakes them from his slumber he unleashed his armies so they could reconquer that which was his. He also unleashed a plague created from the old magic which drives others mad making them twisted an joining into the ranks of his army

    The final boss, the Ancient King is a 4 phase fight which is really hard. His first phase is his current twisted form, his second phase is when the curse looses grasp over him and reverted him to his form in his prime thousands of years ago but not enough to bring back his sanity. His third form is when he calls upon the old magic making him taller and taller and fighting technique is like the dragon boss in Sekiro ans the 4th isnt rly a phase but the curse loses grasp over him again turning him small again an it turns into a brawl, punching yourselves to death.

    -The ending you get depends on how fast you defeat him in phase 3 because this is when he unleashes the old magic upon the world and during phase 3, everything in the world is dying fast.

    If you kill him fast you get the good but not so good ending, where you save the world but still the the damage is still done and it is major.

    If phase 3 takes too much time, you get the dark ending, yes you still kill him, but he leaves the world completely barren, with some survivors and with his remaining minions roaming.

    I hope you like my concept!

    submitted by /u/dzokataa
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment