• Breaking News

    Thursday, June 17, 2021

    Dark Souls I FINALLY FINISHED IT

    Dark Souls I FINALLY FINISHED IT


    I FINALLY FINISHED IT

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 03:58 AM PDT

    I managed to finally kill Gwyn and the bosses from the dlc. It was really harder than what I was expecting, even tho I thought I was overleveled I finally beat the game.

    I wanted to post it on ig or fb but maybe that would have been cringy but I really need to tell someone.

    I'm feel so fucking accomplished.

    Wtf does fluff mean tho?

    submitted by /u/Juan55533
    [link] [comments]

    I just beat O and S and I’m the happiest person alive.

    Posted: 16 Jun 2021 05:27 PM PDT

    This boss took me an unreasonably long time. It was so hard that I didn't know if I was having fun… BUT! Today I triumphed and couldn't be happier. I'm excited to see the rest of this amazing game!

    Does the game get any harder from here? I sure hope not…

    submitted by /u/EverydayLlama
    [link] [comments]

    I have always REALLY wanted to play the dark souls games, but have been intimidated by the reviews saying it is extremely difficult.

    Posted: 16 Jun 2021 09:02 AM PDT

    I love gaming, but I wouldn't say I'm extremely amazing at it. These games have always been something I want to play, as the genre/style is right up my alley but I am afraid I wouldn't be able to handle it. Are they really as hard as people say? Can a low-key amateur gamer feasibly play? If so, which game should I start with?

    submitted by /u/mehoymegoy
    [link] [comments]

    Let's talk soul farming!

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 04:40 AM PDT

    I've completed DS1 twice and went from 80+ hours to 40 between these two runs. I'm pretty bad as Dark Souls go but at the same time, I can't really see how anyone I know would be stoic enough to even get to Firelink. Both times have been stressful to say the least but at the same time, hugely rewarding. I have used the same strategy for both my runs and I'm sure some people would call it an over powered Easy Mode. I want to get your opinion on soul farming, If you practice it or if you consider it "cheating" or if it somehow disconnects you from the full experience. Or if you don't have philosphical problems with it but simply don't have the patience.

    My recipe for success is basically get the Zweihander early, upgrade it whenever you can to lightning, get full Havel's set and use rings and souls to at least mid-roll. For everything that is needed, and to get my health bar as tall as possible, I need a lot of souls, so I spend several hours farming The soul farming spots are common knowledge. The forest bandits in Darkroot Basin is the first spot that makes a huge difference pretty early on and each run is pretty quick. The second one (for me) is in the Painted World and the group of Phalanx that are gathered around the statue. With the Zwei, it's a two strike hit and they are dead.

    For me, the game still puts up a great challenge but at least it gives me a chance to enjoy it rather than give up on it completely. I rarely see it talked about here and I wonder if it's something we do in the shadows but never utters, or if you just don't do it, period.

    submitted by /u/cyanopsis
    [link] [comments]

    I'm making a Pyromancy build. What should I do with it?

    Posted: 16 Jun 2021 06:20 AM PDT

    I'm on my 3rd playthrough of Dark Souls and have decided to play a Pyromancy character, but since I'm unfamiliar with pyromancy I have no idea what to do. What type of spells should I use, can I upgrade the Pyromancy glove? What armor is best suited for the build? And what type of weapon should i use alongside my Pyromancy spells? Also are Pyromancy spells faith or intelligence based? Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/StevetheNinja69
    [link] [comments]

    Beat the game for the first time!

    Posted: 16 Jun 2021 05:34 PM PDT

    Insert title here.

    I'd recently beaten Demon's Souls and Bloodborne for the first time, and having caught the Souls bug it only made sense to play through the original Dark Souls.

    And what a game! I think its level design and enemy variety is the best I've experienced in a FromSoft game yet, as well as across all of gaming. Funnily enough it was difficult for me to get into the rhythm of its combat after being so accustomed to BB, but once I got the hang of it again it became much easier. I prefer the more aggressive nature of BB's combat and enemies, but Dark Souls's systems still held up and rewarded methodical, thoughtful play. Patience is my biggest enemy.

    I think the highlight, as cliché as it sounds, is the Ornstein and Smough fight. I still get an adrenaline rush just thinking about it. I usually hate "gank" fights (see: Maneater) but the way in which they compliment each other made the fight so much more interesting, and their onscreen presence felt immediately iconic. Just the fact that you're fighting two separate enemies rather than a copy/paste of the same boss goes a long way towards making that fight so engaging.

    I know all of this is old news to a lot of you. But I'm glad to be able to say I finally completed a Dark Souls game. A year ago, I wouldn't have imagined getting into this style of game, nonetheless beat three of them. I was admittedly intimidated by the whole "it's difficult!" reviewer culture surrounding it but these games are so much more than that. As lame as this may seem, I feel they've really helped me become a better person by getting me to persevere through struggles, and to remain patient and cool-headed to eventually overcome them. I often find myself thinking if I'm dreading a particular workload or activity: "you beat Maneater!… You can get through this!" So yeah. I feel lucky to have these games exist, and even luckier to have taken the leap to enter. Whether I will play DS2 or DS3 next is undecided. I'm addicted.

    Capra Demon can fuck off though.

    submitted by /u/awkwardchair_
    [link] [comments]

    Whats DS1 like exactly?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 12:18 AM PDT

    You might be asking why im in a DS1 reddit, even if I dont have the game, but i'd like to know what im dealing with, especially from someone who hasnt played any dark souls series games. The only one I played was BB, which I heard was way different. Is their anything I should know stats, playstyle, summoning, etc?

    submitted by /u/Mortal_Assassin50
    [link] [comments]

    Keep getting signed out of PSN.

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 03:58 AM PDT

    I've been scouring the web and this subreddit for the past twenty minutes looking for a solution. I've synced my trophies, I've restarted my system multiple times, and the only other solution I've heard put forward is that a Playstation update fucked everything up and we're waiting on a solution. On posts from almost a year ago.

    All PSN functions are up, I recently reset my password and have 2FA active, and I can't spend more than 1 minute in the online of DS1R before I get booted to title screen.

    Anybody have a solution?

    submitted by /u/dr_gould
    [link] [comments]

    2 questions about blight Town

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 03:56 AM PDT

    1, what item should I bring with me here? The one that cures toxin or the one that cures poison?

    2, why do people say blight Town is the laggiest area in the game? It runs just fine for me

    submitted by /u/SirRoderic
    [link] [comments]

    [OC] The Belfry Pardoner

    Posted: 16 Jun 2021 04:30 PM PDT

    I made a hybrid of Oswald of Carim and a Bell Gargoyle. Enjoy ! You can see the steps and lineart on the imgur link: https://imgur.com/a/hCLJYvo

    submitted by /u/cocooned_owl
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls Remastered or Dark Souls 3 ? Which one to buy ?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 02:23 AM PDT

    Hey everyone ! So yesterday I've completed Bloodborne ( got a platinum trophy ) and it was so much fun ( and pain ) but nevertheless one of the best games I've ever played . Now , i really want to get into some other games from Souls Series but i don't know which one to buy next . I've played Dark Souls 2 long time ago on PS3 but didn't really like it. I heard Dark Souls 1 is amazing but also Dark Souls 3. I'm a sucker for a great world design and lore so bear that in mind.

    Which one would you recommend to buy next ?

    submitted by /u/SundyPace
    [link] [comments]

    Thanks for the advice

    Posted: 16 Jun 2021 08:56 AM PDT

    I made a post last week asking for advice for someone who was struggling to get started in Dark Souls and just wanted to follow up thanking everyone who helped out.

    I'm making slow process and have just unlocked Blighttown with 20 hours of gameplay but am having a lot of fun and looking forward to continuing the game. The advice given helped my experience a lot and I feel like I have a better understanding of the game because of it.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Anklefootja
    [link] [comments]

    Nito Boss fight won't trigger? Help!

    Posted: 16 Jun 2021 06:48 PM PDT

    I'm playing dark souls remastered. Jumped into the nito Boss fight room and he's not there? What did I miss? I've place the lordvessel and joined the covenant in the other room.

    submitted by /u/bad-yoghurt
    [link] [comments]

    Wanted to share my badges inspired by Sif, but with the coloring of my husky.

    Posted: 16 Jun 2021 05:51 AM PDT

    These turned out way better than I expected and I couldnt be happier. Credit: Awxandra (fiverr)

    Husky Sif

    submitted by /u/Darlingmarina
    [link] [comments]

    Sen’s fortress hijinks

    Posted: 16 Jun 2021 05:08 PM PDT

    Last year, my brother tried to play Darksouls. I hadn't played yet, so I would sit down and watch him as he played.

    Ofcourse it was difficult so I looked up guides online to try to make the game easier. This went like that for some time.

    At some point, we got to Sen's fortress. Now, my brother had some good gear but wore too much equipment and didn't do enough damage to the snake guys. So we got Zwieldhandler.

    We also saw it would've been a good idea to get a pinwheel mask. So he ventured down the catacombs BS and killed Pinwheel and then got back up to get to Sen's fortress.

    Still kept dying.

    At that point, he said screw it and stopped playing for a year.

    This year, I played through DS3 and am currently working on DS2 and demon Souls remastered. So I thought "Hey, I could go through Sen's fortress what the hell could go wrong?"

    Asked my brother if he minded if I tackled it. He said he was never gonna touch a souls game ever. So I boot up the game, got into his save file and approached the snakes...

    Got through Sen's fortress in five tries.

    Thanks big bro for gettin through half the game for me.

    \'[T]/

    submitted by /u/DeafGundam
    [link] [comments]

    Can Someone Please Explain Rhea's Storyline In Detail?

    Posted: 16 Jun 2021 07:39 PM PDT

    Hi. I've been playing this game for nearly 7 years and I still don't know how Petrus kills Rhea. I made a character recently who saved Rhea from the catacombs, talked to her, and even bought a divine blessing. She still died from Petrus dropping the pendent.

    Here's the list of things I did (Saved Rhea, killed Nito, killed ceaseless, centipede demon, and bed of chaos, visited dukes archives, came back to buy a ring of revival, and she was dead.)

    I can't exactly remember when I talked to her, but I'm fairly certain it was early on, either before bed of chaos or before Nito.

    Can someone please explain her storyline from a script standpoint, so that the community actually know how this stuff works. Cause, after 7 years it still seems just random to me. Think i'm gonna just kill Petrus every time now.

    submitted by /u/TheModestHavel
    [link] [comments]

    A question about the lore

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 03:44 AM PDT

    Why did we have to kill Ornstein and Smough to access the lord vessel?

    As we all know, Neither Ornstein or Smough were hollow creatures but why did we have to fight them?

    submitted by /u/lexyp29
    [link] [comments]

    How the hell do I beat sister fried?

    Posted: 16 Jun 2021 08:08 PM PDT

    I am so lost on how to beat this killing machine pls can some give me any advice.

    submitted by /u/AdministrativeCrew65
    [link] [comments]

    Hey can you give the abyss walker ring in ds1 cause i don't want to kill the pooch

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 03:14 AM PDT

    Any books or literature that evokes a similar atmosphere/world as Dark Souls?

    Posted: 16 Jun 2021 10:28 AM PDT

    Fantasy epics preferred that are well written but dont have to be

    submitted by /u/The-Sober-Stoner
    [link] [comments]

    So, DS1

    Posted: 16 Jun 2021 11:11 PM PDT

    Do people still play/summon for DS1, as I was curious on getting it, and if I should try to complete it n such, platinum, etc. I am just curious as I have only played one souls like game, that being bloodborne. and I know it may be different, so I thought to ask this reddit about it.

    submitted by /u/Mortal_Assassin50
    [link] [comments]

    First time from The Depths to Blighttown

    Posted: 16 Jun 2021 10:01 PM PDT

    I did not stop until I reached the bottom of Blighttown because I was terrified, and some how, I survived the whole thing without dying once. 😅 I've encountered the enemies on the rafts before to get the pyromancy spell, but I've never gone through that area since I was dumb and chose the master key on my first run. As my first time going through there, I'm buying the master key so I don't have to go through all that again in NG+ 😂 I'm so grateful that I traveled through in the remastered! I heard about the frames in the OG, which is funny because I have the OG and never experienced anything 😂 Kind of want to experience it though so I can see how bad it truly was.

    submitted by /u/Chuy_Cruz
    [link] [comments]

    Greetings, I'am a blind idiot :)

    Posted: 16 Jun 2021 07:39 AM PDT

    Yesterday I've watched a let's play of Dark Souls and saw how the YouTuber discovered a bonfire next to the ladder where you met Patches in the Catacombs. I was "WTF Dude? There's a bonfire?" I played the game over and over and wasn't aware of it until yesterday.

    I'am happy to give you something to laugh about. :D

    submitted by /u/ultimatekayozz
    [link] [comments]

    HEY EVERYONE. Just wanted to say in case you didn’t know, IGN are releasing a pre-order for a 9 inch Sif statue!

    Posted: 16 Jun 2021 01:30 PM PDT

    Might have to grab that precious doggo for myself. He deserves all the love there is.

    submitted by /u/AdEfficient2209
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment