• Breaking News

    Saturday, May 22, 2021

    Dark Souls Weekly General Discussion Thread (May 21, 2021)

    Dark Souls Weekly General Discussion Thread (May 21, 2021)


    Weekly General Discussion Thread (May 21, 2021)

    Posted: 21 May 2021 09:00 AM PDT

    Welcome to the weekly general discussion thread! This thread is for the community to discuss whatever is on their mind (whether it is Dark Souls 1 related or not).

    Have a question that you've been meaning to ask but haven't gotten around to making a post yet? Something on your mind you want to discuss? Playing a game that you think others would like? Comment away! All we ask is that you are respectful of each other, and have fun!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I FINALLY BEAT HAVEL!!!

    Posted: 21 May 2021 05:31 PM PDT

    This is my 1st playthrough and I got to havel using the master key in undead burg. I tried fighting him once and just decided,"not today satan" but as soon as I got a +5 broadsword I decided to take him on and it took me 4 tries!!! I'm so happy😁😁😁 Edit: thanks for the awards!!

    submitted by /u/Aware-Breakfast-178
    [link] [comments]

    Is my first time playing a video game, ever. And my partner just made me play DARK DUCKING SOULS.

    Posted: 21 May 2021 09:35 PM PDT

    I just spent two hours and a half on it, and got to the conclusion that he's trying to traumatize me, or us. Bonding through trauma, I guess, literally just stoped to stress eat in the middle of it. Lovely game. Just got to Undead Burg. Have to say that I spent a long time just characterizing Athanasia, my pyromancer. I do enjoy being challenged so, guess we're fine, he'll just die of a heart attack because I keep screaming. If y'all want to know more I can keep writing in here when I play.

    submitted by /u/OhwellIcamefordrarry
    [link] [comments]

    «The final battle of Knight Artorias» fan art by me

    Posted: 21 May 2021 07:20 AM PDT

    Hello, fellow hollows!

    Some time ago I posted on this sub my artwork of Sif and Artorias just chilling together. And yesterday I finished another one with Artorias and Manus during their battle. Hope you'll like it!

    the artwork

    submitted by /u/bloodexer
    [link] [comments]

    Bell Gargoyles took my lunch money and I love it

    Posted: 21 May 2021 05:23 AM PDT

    Hey everyone,

    So yesterday I posted here about feeling guilty for "cheesing" my fighting. Pretty much every comment was very encouraging and many reassured me that the game will force me to get better at the mechanics to progress.

    I made noticeable improvements, can now beat all the balder Knights, beat the black knight and reach the boss with almost no difficulty.

    But holy crap did I get dumpstered when the second gargoyle entered the fight. I love how surpassing one hurdle just means that I'm on the way to the next one.

    Guess now I'm off to work where I'll likely spend all day mentally fighting them so I'll have a strategy to fight them afterwards.

    submitted by /u/No_Blacksmith_1609
    [link] [comments]

    Solaire

    Posted: 22 May 2021 01:45 AM PDT

    Something a lot of people here probably know, but fun fact about Solaire's name:

    Obviously Sol refers to the sun, but aire refers to being occupied with/by something.

    For example, using Solaire's name, essentially the name Solaire means "occupied by the sun," which is obviously a nod to the fact Solaire is obsessed with the sun.

    I was actually curious to know, with this knowledge in hand, do you think that Solaire is his actual name, or is it a title which was given to him by the people of Astor's which became more or less his "name" after a time? (Kind of like how Gwyndolin's name is Gwyndolin but they're also referred to as The Dark Sun)

    submitted by /u/PonkingtonHeights
    [link] [comments]

    How are you supposed to beat the Ceaseless discharge

    Posted: 22 May 2021 02:12 AM PDT

    For a fart joke he's very strong.

    submitted by /u/um_alright_sure
    [link] [comments]

    Domhnall of Zena appreciation post

    Posted: 21 May 2021 01:40 PM PDT

    I feel like he doesn't get enough love so here's some :

    • Sells crystal weapons

    • Sells the reMaster key

    • Sells boss armour

    • Adores trinkets

    • Chad greeting

    • Chad peddler of sorts

    • Doesn't insult you if you don't buy anything

    • Glasses drip

    • Compliments you

    • Peculiar location choice

    With all of this said I think he can confidently walk with Solaire and Tarkus.

    submitted by /u/CrazyGamer875
    [link] [comments]

    This thought shook me today...

    Posted: 21 May 2021 07:30 PM PDT

    Every character I have ever deleted or started over went Hollow, and that's on me.

    submitted by /u/RagingChungus
    [link] [comments]

    It 1 a.m where i live but i finally platinued ds2 softs

    Posted: 21 May 2021 03:55 PM PDT

    After 250 hours of gameplay i finally suceeded in completing this frickin part .I loved some moments i hated more of them but finally this story is finished.

    submitted by /u/Seditario
    [link] [comments]

    Completed 2nd run of DS and can confirm that it is a classic

    Posted: 21 May 2021 10:40 PM PDT

    Played (PC ver) DS years ago after hearing good things about it but didn't go about it the right way and did many newbie mistakes, didn't learn to parry etc. Then I started DS2 and gave up in the 1st 10 mins after I found out that only 50% health regenerated after dying and assumed the DS series was just too much of a grind.

    This time around, I leveled up properly by putting points in a few attributes instead of scattering them about, learning how to parry/dodge, just basic stuff, farm to get weapons/armor leveled up and walked through the game in light armor and zero poise without too much trouble and the gameplay was enjoyable. All the bosses except for Smough/Ornstein, Ash Lake Hydra got dispatched on the first few tries. I can see why people replay this game using a diff build.

    Now I'm going on the DS2/3.

    submitted by /u/abnar1
    [link] [comments]

    Deep primordial serpent theory...

    Posted: 21 May 2021 09:47 AM PDT

    Frampt and Kaathe are connected in the middle like catdog.

    submitted by /u/Epnmiller
    [link] [comments]

    Serious question: Is Dark Souls as hard as people say?

    Posted: 21 May 2021 04:44 PM PDT

    I´ve heard a lot of times of both how amazing and how unforgiving Dark Souls is, recently I´ve been kind of intruiged by the game and looks fun to play, but I´m also a bit afraid of the difficulty seeing that I heard about it being unforgiving and basically reaching legendary status to a point people would say "The dark souls of..." to other genres. I have played my fair share of difficult games like Devil May Cry before and really enjoyed it after getting the mechanics down. Is it as hard as people say or are they overreacting and what should I expect when getting into the series? Thanks if anyone sees this and answers.

    submitted by /u/BulletTimeTails
    [link] [comments]

    I just finished a bow only run

    Posted: 21 May 2021 12:43 PM PDT

    I saw a lot of people talking about bow only builds and it sounded like a ton of fun, so I decided to give it a shot. I used bows (and crossbows) only since I got the shortbow in the asylum, shields and consumables were allowed but the only thing I ever equipped in my right hand was a bow or crossbow. All bosses were done solo. Kicks and empty handed punches were used sparingly.

    My build:

    I started out with the short bow and quickly picked up grass crest shield, but I pretty much blasted through the early game with the master key to get the composite bow, which is amazing. Ppl aren't kidding about how fantastic this weapon is, by the end of my playthrough I had nearly 500 AR and it is about as fast as casting a spell but you can manually aim.

    Rings were FaP, Havel's, Hawk, and Wolf (I forgot to snag Leo's)

    I also messed around with Pharis's bow and Gough's bow, as well as the avelyn. Pharis is fantastic, with the hawk ring you can hit anything you can see, but the damage just can't compete with the composite. The Greatbows... really aren't that great unless you can murder someone in one hit from far away.

    Avelyn I actually really liked, despite getting it late game, mainly because you can use a shield along with it and it's a bit easier to play bait and punish like you can on a normal run. It also does a lot of poise damage.

    Final stats:

    50 vit

    40 dex

    27 str

    Everything else I didn't level because I spent a LOT of souls on arrows.

    Difficulties/advantages:

    This was a super fun run, probably the most fun since my very first playthrough, because just like the first time, it took my confidence from my last 6 playthroughs, laughed, and beat the shit out of me. I really had to relearn the game to play with the bow, and it was awesome. Not only that, but it actually brings some new advantages. You get to fight from really far away! The moment I got that I didn't have to play the same way I do with a claymore was the moment this run really clicked and I started abusing my new powers.

    Unfortunately, the bows, especially early on, are pretty underwhelming. I was doing around 30 DMG per arrow all the way up to O&S. Very long boss fights that use hundreds of arrows, and that's the most stressful part of the run, being scared of running out of arrows and ending the run. It never happened, but I got really low a couple of times. It's a great motivator to clear bosses properly on the first try.

    Hardest bosses:

    The bell gargoyles kicked my ass twice before I figured out that I don't need to fight enemies close up. This is where the game started to click.

    O&S I got on my third try, but it was an extremely long try. Killing super ornstien alone took over 250 arrows. Probably the best I've ever had to play in my life, because I was only doing 44 DMG. After that I got the composite bow and suddenly I felt like a god.

    Nito took me more tries than usual because I couldn't kill the skellies fast enough with the bow. I ended up slapping on Havel's and chugging my way through the damage.

    Gwyn was extremely difficult. He is too fast to roll and shoot, and has too much DPS to use heavy armor and chug. I ended up using a slightly cheesey strat but it fit in the rules of the run: I used Havel's, Grass crest, and avelyn. Parry, shoot, chug, repeat. Still took me 5+ tries.

    Four kings I fought almost last, I tried to fight them early and just didn't have the damage so they screwed me over.

    Bonus: extra easy bosses

    Most bosses I killed first try surprisingly, but some were extra easy.

    Abusing quits netted me my first no-death kill on BoC

    Ceaseless of course

    I actually killed manus and kalameet first try. Manus was really easy to fight from far away (I didn't use cheese)

    Seathe was comically easy when you don't have to fight him close

    All told, highly recommend, trying this run, it was fantastic. Ask me any questions you have!

    submitted by /u/leg-oh-id
    [link] [comments]

    I think today is my one year anniversary of slapping Gwyn’s ass

    Posted: 21 May 2021 08:05 PM PDT

    I've gone to virgin claymore user to chad saw cleaver enjoyer

    submitted by /u/Choco_cookiez
    [link] [comments]

    Is this normal?

    Posted: 22 May 2021 01:21 AM PDT

    I am playing Dark souls 1 for around 30 Times but I am still bad at 4 Kings. Is this normal? Btw. Its the only Boss how maks me feel un trouble

    submitted by /u/Just_Acanthaceae_804
    [link] [comments]

    Does dark souls make you empty when you finish it?

    Posted: 21 May 2021 10:50 AM PDT

    It leaves me hollow

    submitted by /u/Putrid-Skirt8675
    [link] [comments]

    How to get back to undead asylum?

    Posted: 21 May 2021 11:18 PM PDT

    Im trying to get back to the undead asylum and all the videos ive watched have their character just go on an elevator then jump off the platform to get on the ledge. My problem is there is no elevator for me to step on in firelink shrine. What am i suppose to do?

    Also i was wonder if anyone knew how go get to that big flat open arena with the super tall trees/pillars. I dont know what this area is called but i think you can see it from the tomb of the giants. Thanks to anyome who can help!

    submitted by /u/jpott879
    [link] [comments]

    Help with dlc?

    Posted: 21 May 2021 09:39 PM PDT

    I need help with the DLC run on PS4. I'm on my third or fourth run and finally have gotten to a point where solo isn't working. Any help would be appreciated. I have a password set up and am on at night from around 6pm to midnight mountain time US. HMU for the password if you can help out.

    submitted by /u/RScottH08
    [link] [comments]

    My First Dark Souls Run!

    Posted: 21 May 2021 07:09 PM PDT

    So I got the game a few years back, and I had trouble getting into it at first to be honest. I made a character and barely got past the Taurus Demon before stopping for a while. This happened a couple times, but recently, I got back into it. And this time, I mean into it.

    I quickly made it through the Taurus Demon and up to Gargoyles, though they definitely got me the first time. The next time I went up there, I won! Maybe it sounds a little dumb, but I was so proud. I had gotten better at timing rolls as well as seeing windows and patterns in the bosses, and it felt great. I rang the first bell and was ready to sprint to Quelaag when I realized I didn't have the key to get into the Valley (I'll admit that I was bamboozled by the Tiny Being's Ring). So I wasn't quite sure what to do next. I kept exploring, and despite being murdered by dogs quite a few times, I found the Capra Demon. That fight drove me insane. Between the Capra Demon itself and the dogs, I was dead so quickly, and I had little to no window to cast even my quickest spells. I'm a little ashamed, but in the end, I threw a bunch of firebombs from outside the arena. Then it was on the the depths. At first, I was kind of terrified of everything in there, but once I got used to the enemies it went fairly smoothly. Except the time a rat jumped out of a box and scared the shit out of me :(. Then it was onto Gaping Dragon. I was doing really well my first attempt, but at around 25% health or so, he flew up into the air and smushed me. Thankfully, the fight was easy to get back to, and the second fight went much better. Then it was onto Blighttown. Between toxic and tiny dogs and bugs and poison and fps drops, I can easily say I had a terrible time. A fun, yet terribly terrible time. I managed to get lost a few times as well. In retrospect, it's so dumb because I didn't realized the giant white mass at the bottom of the map was Quelaag's Domain. Eventually, I got there though. I didn't have much trouble with her, since I was just able to keep my distance and avoid most of her attacks (except when I was dumb and accidentally backed into lava). Then I rang the second bell, and it was almost surreal. High on my perceived power, I tried to fight Ceaseless Discharge. Tried being the key word. I was thoroughly smashed to bits repeatedly. After a while, I did manage to "beat" him, though his health just kind of disappeared and I'm not sure exactly what happened. After that ordeal, I promptly ran away from the new area when I saw a horde of Capra Demons just hanging out. Then I just kind of wandered about some of the new places I had found. I went to Darkroot Garden and explored for a bit. I found the Moonlight Butterfly, and I felt a little bad? I think I got hit once, but the fight was very one-sided. Then I moved down to Darkroot Basin and got absolutely blasted by the Hydra. A lot. But a lot of missed spells and desperate melee attacks later, I managed to cut off all the heads and defeat it. Then it was on to Sen's Fortress, and honestly, I was dreading it. I started off trying to fight all the enemies like I had done in the previous areas, but eventually, I gave up. I just employed speedrun strats and ran for my life lmao. I died in and above Sen's Fortress a lot. Once I found the bonfire at the top I was so relieved and annoyed with myself that I hadn't found it sooner. But with a relatively close place to start from, I challenged the Iron Golem with pretty good results! I just had to bait him toward the back of the arena, so I wasn't also getting assaulted with giant fire balls. At this point, I meant to go search for the key so that I could free Big Hat Logan and hopefully gain access to more sorceries, but I couldn't resist the temptation of finding out what the glowing ring did, and thus I was swept off to Anor Londo by weird, fleshy gargoyle things.

    That's pretty much everything up to the point I'm at currently! I'm a little stuck with the two archers on the ledge, but even so, I'm having a ton of fun. I'm super looking forward to pressing forward and finishing this run as well as trying new builds in the future.

    submitted by /u/Crunchy-Salat
    [link] [comments]

    Got cursed in The Depths, health bar reduced to half, should I fight the gaping Dragon with my low health or should I find a way to remove the curse first?

    Posted: 22 May 2021 03:45 AM PDT

    I'm at the bon fire near those buffed white mouses, I'm cursed so can't even use help from summons, will u guys advice that I fight the dragon (failed few times defeating it) or should I focus on getting rid of the curse.

    If u advice later PLEASE tell me where do I find that curse removal item merchant bcoz idk the way up.

    Thnx to all in advance.

    submitted by /u/daredevil005
    [link] [comments]

    Who is this game specifically for.

    Posted: 21 May 2021 07:23 PM PDT

    I have been listening to reviews and others opinions on the game but none actually say what types of people like this game or what people are looking for in this game. I just want to know if the game is for me because I don't want to end up wasting $40.

    submitted by /u/TheOverdogPresents
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with pc settings for remastered

    Posted: 21 May 2021 05:06 PM PDT

    Hey all

    Im running a pretty beefy rig with a 49" curved ultrawide monitor

    In every game i play i can use my full resolution, however i loaded up DSR and it wont let me go higher then 1920*1080 no matter what i do, ive even tried forcing it through the steam settings.

    Can anyone help with this or even suggest a mod that can fix this as its unplayable all zoomed and squished together.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/AngrySunshineBandit
    [link] [comments]

    Solare kills ornstein solo?

    Posted: 21 May 2021 10:17 PM PDT

    I was having trouble separating smough and ornstein so I summoned Solare, thinking he would be a ds2 box that has a lot of health but does no damage, to distract ornstein while I killed smough. I'm not even one minute in when the ornstein death cutscene plays and I have to fight super smough. I beat super smough first try since he is pretty easy, and solaire was still alive somehow. Anyway, is it normal for Solare to be that strong?

    submitted by /u/stallfest
    [link] [comments]

    Switching from Dark souls to Dark souls remastered

    Posted: 21 May 2021 07:56 PM PDT

    If I have progress saved from a nonremastered dark souls disk can I still use that progress with a remastered disk or do i have to start a new game from scratch

    submitted by /u/overnlord
    [link] [comments]

    So is the black knight halberd the best weapon in the game?

    Posted: 21 May 2021 07:30 PM PDT

    Heard a lot of people prefer it over the other top tier weapons. Just out of curiosity I thought I'd ask this sub.

    submitted by /u/Either_Imagination_9
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment