• Breaking News

    Sunday, May 23, 2021

    Dark Souls I BEAT THE GAPING DRAGON ON MY 2ND TRY!

    Dark Souls I BEAT THE GAPING DRAGON ON MY 2ND TRY!


    I BEAT THE GAPING DRAGON ON MY 2ND TRY!

    Posted: 23 May 2021 12:35 AM PDT

    I got this game about 2 weeks ago and since then I've made a few posts here in the past week talking about various things. I'm already in love with not only the game but also the community. Some of you might have seen my posts about when I first discovered havel and then when I beat him and some of you seemed interested in my progress so here's a little update.

    submitted by /u/Aware-Breakfast-178
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat Artorias on my first try ever.

    Posted: 22 May 2021 06:56 AM PDT

    Demon Firesage took me more than 10. Unsure of how to feel

    submitted by /u/ttyrannicall
    [link] [comments]

    How do I beat Smough first?

    Posted: 23 May 2021 12:17 AM PDT

    I want to fight Super Ornstein this time around, but I can't get past phase 1 because three things keep happening:

    1. Ornstein hits me through Smough. I can't see this attack coming and so I can't avoid it.
    2. Smough knocks me down and Ornstein hits me while I'm getting up, before I've regained control.
    3. Smough gets out from between me and Ornstein, and then Ornstein comes flying in from the side.

    I know their attacks and I know how to avoid them, but those three things are getting me killed every time.

    I've got a +10 falchion and the black knight shield (highest lightning resist shield I have, unfortunately). I'm fast rolling and I also have some sorceries that do about the same damage as my sword.

    Edit: I also don't want to summon. I'm a masochist.

    submitted by /u/windermere_peaks
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat O&S, and feeling... empty

    Posted: 23 May 2021 03:05 AM PDT

    So I was stuck on Anor Londo for a long while. I managed to first get through and lower the stairs (you know, the walking on beams) easy enough. But those archers man. They kept me away from the game for a long long time. Every time I would try, I would either miss time the rolls past those, wingy thing, or manage to get up to the archer and just can't kill him.

    Eventually, after many attempts, I made it to the bonfire just after, and it was a hassle to try clear some of those areas. I got Havel's set, did Onion boi's deed and got to the giant blacksmith. Then it was that room, and O&S. I just couldn't fight them. I even killed Laurec before them, but no dice.

    I realised that I needed to grind. And settled I my new home of Aramis. I was really unprepared, with no moss. Spent even longer trying to just get that door open for the phalanx. But, it did happen, and I almost broke my claymore grinding so much.

    Then it was trying to escape, once I got up to level 60ish. And those damn wheels. Those. Damn. Wheels. Eventually made it out, after going back and grinding more for endurance. Fought the half dragon, and cheesed my way to Priscilla. Left her alone and finally felt ready for O&S.

    It took me 5 tries to kill just one, and each time after (the next 2) I had like 2 estus left. Huge boy and his damn butt attacks

    I just gave up, went offline, human, killed the blue boys and summoned Solaire to assist.

    He did help a lot, took that gaze off me, and I finally beat O&S. But, I'm not happy. I felt that the joy was diminished. So long I spent grinding, trying, grinding, trying etc... It just felt so empty.

    Now I wonder if I'm even ready for the rest of the game, if I can't get any emotions from the game, besides anger and despair. Just complete apathy when I kill a boss

    submitted by /u/skeletonz28
    [link] [comments]

    Eagle shield appreciation thread

    Posted: 22 May 2021 02:53 PM PDT

    Eagle shield is the best true shield in dark souls 1
    b-but grass crest.... Thats a backpack

    Why you should consider eagle shield:
    You can get it early game
    Great deflection
    Only 6 weight.
    Fully upgraded have the same stability as havel shield (84)

    I truly didnt knew how good this shield was until i use it against artorias and manu, i had it +14 and i had my doubts wether if i should waste my precious and very limited titanite slab on it, well after those battles i have now my eagle shield +15, first try both bosses for the first time. This shield have no business weighting only 6 , you can easily fast roll with this while having the same deflection and stability as havel shield thats insane.

    People use eagle shield

    submitted by /u/Vene-Yair
    [link] [comments]

    How to defeat Dark Souls in 1 Boss

    Posted: 22 May 2021 05:58 PM PDT

    Solaire is the chosen one! - https://youtu.be/klNKASCcIgc

    submitted by /u/GIRLvsGAME
    [link] [comments]

    From noob to novice

    Posted: 22 May 2021 08:18 PM PDT

    After putting 78 hrs in DS1 and then finally defeating Gwyn for the first time, followed by my second try at DS2, after giving up after 35hrs, and defeating the lost sinner today. I believe that I am ready to be promoted from noob to novice 😌

    submitted by /u/Cultural_Bet8235
    [link] [comments]

    Hollowing mechanic Mandela effect?

    Posted: 23 May 2021 12:08 AM PDT

    So I recently picked up dark souls remastered after having not played Ds for 5 years. Now back in the day I remembered when I bought DS2 I read the reviews saying "hollowing takes away even more health than in dark souls 1." Now it took a few hours in Ds remastered, but something felt off. I didn't lose max health Everytime I died. Which got me researching the differences between Ds and Ds remastered, not finding the hollowing mechanic being changed. Then I tried looking up the hollowing mechanic for the first game. I can't find anything on it. I don't even own the first game anymore so I can't test it myself. But I swear, I remembered losing max health each time you died in the first game Am I the only one?

    submitted by /u/GabejDwyer
    [link] [comments]

    Just hope Paul W. S. Anderson doesn't make a dark souls movie.

    Posted: 22 May 2021 12:58 PM PDT

    For those who don't know Paul W. S. Anderson, he is the director and sometimes the writer of a lot of videogames movies, like example Resident Evil and the new monster hunter movie (both movie franchises are trash), and to be honest with y'all I don't want this guy to make a dark souls movie and this guy it's seems like he is gonna make a lot of videogame movie franchises. Now let me ask y'all a question if a movie trilogy about dark souls is being made, what director/writer do you want to direct/write the trilogy?

    submitted by /u/DrozerX2
    [link] [comments]

    General guide after Anor Alondo

    Posted: 22 May 2021 11:25 PM PDT

    Hi I'm new to Soulsborne games and was wondering if anyone had a general breakdown on paths I can take for this game after placing the Lord Vessel in the underground location with King Seeker Frampt? I was told there's 4 routes I can take, but I see that there is also some optional areas in game and not sure which to navigate first?

    submitted by /u/Neonmuffinman
    [link] [comments]

    I have been infected by fashion souls

    Posted: 22 May 2021 03:32 PM PDT

    I started playing this game a few weeks ago. I know the exact moment I fell in love. It was when I discovered Ash Lake. I had died so many times getting down that tree. I was cursed (first time I had encountered that mechanic). I didn't even have the lord vessel yet. I was trapped, cursed, at the bottom of the world. But as soon as that music hit and I looked out at that surreal landscape... It was beautiful.

    I was hooked. As soon as I finished my first play through, I started NG+. Still, at this point I was still scared. I would keep Havel's Ring on and get as much armour as I could while still fast rolling.

    At Sen's Funhouse on NG++, I got the bug. My character looked dumb. I wanted to look cool. I put on Chester's coat, leather boots, blade master gloves, and the thief's mask. I even spent some slabs upgrading the mask and boots. I went from an awkward knight to a stylish rouge.

    After I beat NG++, I made a new character based upon an idea. I am running a white haired pyromancer. Beginner pyro gloves and pants with hollow warrior's chest armour and no shield. My only weapon is the hand axe and the occasional pyro. He looks like a psychopath and I love it.

    I am making new characters based upon looks. I don't care about stats anymore. Yes, there is the joy of a sort of challenge run in this character but still... It is mostly about the look.

    I fear I have gone hollow.

    submitted by /u/dionarddown
    [link] [comments]

    Should I make my +7 halberd into a divine halberd or a +8 halberd?

    Posted: 22 May 2021 11:46 PM PDT

    I'm about to fight the dragon thing with the ribs sticking out in the depths btw

    submitted by /u/Aware-Breakfast-178
    [link] [comments]

    Favorite weapon type in DS1?

    Posted: 22 May 2021 07:28 PM PDT

    Mine would probably be Ultra-greatswords, Great hammers, and/or Halberds. As you can tell I really like mega-bonk strength weapons

    submitted by /u/ThomasKG25
    [link] [comments]

    If you have never hear Gwyn without cheese, do it at least once.

    Posted: 22 May 2021 03:28 PM PDT

    I have always used the party to easy mode Gwyn, but I just beat him without parry just to see what it is like. 10/10 experience. Each motion is important, every second is filled with tension. Every move while methodical is important. You are 1 bad input away from being back at the bonfire at any given time.

    I loved it.

    submitted by /u/Golgarus
    [link] [comments]

    Fucking Blighttown...

    Posted: 22 May 2021 04:33 PM PDT

    Edit: I finally made it through and beat Quelaag... thanks for the encouragement.

    I have started Dark Souls six times... the farthest I've ever gotten is Blighttown...

    I re-downloaded and started a new character today...

    Got Black Knight Sword from the first Black Knight...

    I four shot bell gargoyles...

    I cut off the gaping dragon's tail in two hits and best it in under a minute and a half...

    Then I travel to Blighttown...

    It's been an hour and I still haven't made it to the bonfire...

    This place is breaking me...

    submitted by /u/MrGreytheIXth
    [link] [comments]

    I finally beat the game!

    Posted: 22 May 2021 04:02 PM PDT

    I've been trying since the start of the year to beat this game. Dark Souls has been my little covid project. Now I've beaten all three I don't know what to do with myself.

    Ps, ds1 was so much harder than 2 and 3 in my experience

    submitted by /u/HalfStarkRhino
    [link] [comments]

    I'm an asshole...

    Posted: 22 May 2021 07:12 PM PDT

    So... today was my first time using dark bead in pvp... so I'm SL 71, I've got brigands armor with dusk crown, dark wood grain ring, FAP, +15 Ricard's Rapier (which I suck with) dark hand in right, spider shield, ivory oolacile Catalyst, and... ya know.

    I try to be honorable though. I always greet with hello carving and wave, then bow. I NEVER attack AFK players (I danced around a player who was afk today for ten minutes before returning to my world). If an enemy starts to attack them I back off, and I only (except for one particular dark spirit) use dark bead if we dance around for 7 minutes just not really getting anywhere, or I'm outnumbered (which is a stupid copout I know...).

    I dont always win using it, sometimes they kill me. I dont always use all six, I'll use two then switch back to shield. But I feel I'm going hollow... I hope I'm not as dishonorable as I feel.

    My character's name is big papa. If I pissed you off, I'm sorry.

    submitted by /u/DecisionConscious198
    [link] [comments]

    Why does hellkite do sooooo much damage

    Posted: 23 May 2021 02:34 AM PDT

    Im trying to do hellkite on my ng+ character rn. I have 1300 hp and 344 fire defense. People said online that while rolling or trying to block it you take counterdamage so it does way more damage, but even if im standing still at a decent distance he oneshots me. I know ng+ is supposed to be hard but this is crazy, it hasnt been that bad with any other bosses

    submitted by /u/Nemisis_HD
    [link] [comments]

    Series X/S Controller for DS 1 on PC is strange...

    Posted: 23 May 2021 02:13 AM PDT

    Let me tell you guys first, that I prefer Soulsborne Games on Console, BUT since I haven't played Dark Souls 1 before and wanna do that now, I went with my PC cause I already have the game on Steam. I don't wanna spend an extra 40 bucks if I already have the game. So I connected my Series X/S Controller to my PC and started the Game. Now the problems started: The game doesn't let me change buttons...X is called A by the game, Y is called B by the game, heavy attack has no button at all, there is also no button for the inventory or the Game Menu. But I have like 3 or 4 different buttons for R1. Isn't that great?

    Does anyone have a solution for that?

    submitted by /u/ChampionSchnitzel
    [link] [comments]

    Is DS remastered online still active on switch?

    Posted: 23 May 2021 02:12 AM PDT

    I may buy it for the purpous of cooping with my friend and i want to know if its still alive as of 2021

    submitted by /u/oompaloompa_thewhite
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat Manus in my SL1 dragon form fist (claw) only run and need to celebrate

    Posted: 22 May 2021 12:41 PM PDT

    Happy days. No video or screenshot so I guess you'll have to take me word for it. Just Sif, Four Kings and Gwyn left. One of those three is going to be tougher than the others...

    submitted by /u/nakrophile
    [link] [comments]

    Is my VIT low for my level? (Lvl 64)

    Posted: 22 May 2021 04:43 PM PDT

    My vitality is 25, endurance 36 and strength 31. I haven't put points in to anything else and been focusing on strength and endurance. Is 25 vitality low for this level?

    submitted by /u/Interesting-Light-13
    [link] [comments]

    i feel like i missed out on the "optimal"(?) experience on the game

    Posted: 22 May 2021 05:56 PM PDT

    i just beat dark souls 1 today and I watched some videos now that there's nothing left to spoil and it made me kinda feel bad since I didn't really have the same experience. I accidently missed out on all the side quests (I still don't know what I was supposed to do with pretty much all of them), i missed out on some areas, and I feel like I didn't do everything i should have. so I wanted to ask if this was normal for a first playthrough? im guessing I can do them on a 2nd playthrough but I dont know if i really played the game right.

    submitted by /u/jah2277
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment