• Breaking News

    Monday, June 29, 2020

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 11:13 PM PDT

    Welcome to the weekly Dark Souls mod announcement and discussion thread!

    Beware! Use of mods whilst connected to the internet can cause you to get banned from online play!

    For more information, or to continue the discussion visit /r/ModSouls

    Using mods (PC only!) to enhance or add new content to the Souls games is great fun! It is important, however, to understand that mods are against From's EULA/ToS, so there is a great risk of being banned when using them due to From's anti-cheat--which is deployed in most versions of the Souls games.

    Versions of the games where modding is safe due to no anti-cheat:

    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

    Versions of the games where modding carries a very high risk of being banned:

    Dark Souls: Remastered

    Dark Souls II

    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

    Dark Souls III


    Our recommendations for safe modding

    *This advice is intended for first-time or relatively inexperienced modders who want to get into modding without risking a ban on their main Steam account.

    Basic Steps:

    Make a separate Steam account

    Use Steam's Family Sharing feature to provide your new account with access to your main Steam account's game library.

    Install games to be used with the new account in a separate directory.

    Once you've found your mods be sure to read (and follow) the mod author's instructions carefully prior to installation.

    Set Steam to "off line" mode.

    Install the mods and perform any necessary setup.

    Enjoy the fun and interesting experiences offered by mods!

    Be sure to remove all file components of the mod before going back online!

    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Is it okay to play dark souls 2 before dark souls ?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 04:24 AM PDT

    Will I miss anything or Is it necessary to play the first one .

    Edit: Thank you everyone. Other day I heard on sekiro subreddit that dark douls subreddit have some of the kindest and generous redditors. Its true. Thank you everyone again.

    submitted by /u/ancient6
    [link] [comments]

    I am new to this subreddit and game. Is the PvP still alive?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 03:55 AM PDT

    I heard ds2 has some of the best pvp in the series. Is it still alive and well? If so any tips?

    submitted by /u/Alduin-Bane-Of-Kings
    [link] [comments]

    One of My Favorite Games Ever

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 11:33 AM PDT

    I beat Dark Souls 3 before I had beaten this game and was initially very annoyed by the much slower healing speed and iFrames linked to ADP, but the more I began to play, the more I started enjoying the game. In my opinion, none of the bosses were very hard and I first tried Nashandra. Even then I still loved almost every second of this game and I sat there staring at the credits longing for more stuff to do. I just found out about the DLCs and I'm planning on finishing all of them!

    submitted by /u/TheGod_King
    [link] [comments]

    Beat Darklurker for the first time

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 11:33 AM PDT

    And it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

    submitted by /u/masterninja3402
    [link] [comments]

    Why is SOTFS the best souls?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 06:40 AM PDT

    Two friends of mine are playing Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin for the first time. This is their third Souls (they played DS3 and then DS1), and they think it is the worst one. They have beaten only a few bosses (like 5 or 6), but they would already like to quit the game, because it is "badly-done". I tried to convince them that it is better than they thought but without success. So I ask to you, the Dark Souls 2 reddit community, some points, some good arguments for convincing these my friend that DS2 is not bad. Thank you all!

    submitted by /u/forfeitbee
    [link] [comments]

    Coop

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 10:53 AM PDT

    Hello everyone, is there any way i could play with a friend for bosses and stuff knowing 1) my sm is 2m and 2) he has yet to start a new game... i know im probably screwed (well, he is) but if theres any way i can make this possible i will be really grateful !

    submitted by /u/Lesieuralfongwong
    [link] [comments]

    Sunlight Medal help!

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 02:28 PM PDT

    Currently Soul Memory 10 Million and needed help getting sunlight medals, if anyone is around my tier please let's join up in some jolly co-operation!

    submitted by /u/Alberto-Wesker
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls 2 story line

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 02:24 PM PDT

    Is there any actual connection with ds2 to ds1 and ds3? If so can you please explain.

    submitted by /u/idkwhatoputherelmfao
    [link] [comments]

    I'm going to start DS2 SOTS for the first time ever. Any tips?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 02:23 PM PDT

    I'm going to play it on pc, 4k 60 fps. What tips can you give me?

    submitted by /u/Gonzito3420
    [link] [comments]

    Sword

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 01:58 PM PDT

    Hi guys I'm back to ds 2 and im have one question. The best sword. I'm now using long sword and heide sword but I don't know is this is good or i have change sword.

    submitted by /u/egzekutor198
    [link] [comments]

    If you've only played DS2, or played it first: how did you understand the Four Queens of darkness and Vendricks dialogue surrounding the father of the abyss?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 07:56 AM PDT

    I'm mostly curious of how DS2 was seen as a stand alone game, especially lore wise. If you played it without context of the other games I'd love your thoughts at the time.

    submitted by /u/Purple-Tatters
    [link] [comments]

    Any tips for a tank build?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 01:52 PM PDT

    I've been running a Cleric build for most of my current playthrough, but I'm kind of getting bored with it, and I really want to just tank all my enemies' blows while bashing them upside the head with some ridiculously oversized weapons. Do you guys have any tips for a tank build? Which "big" weapons are generally considered to be better than others? Is Havel's Set a good choice for heavy armor? Does anyone actually use a greatshield?

    submitted by /u/MiniatureWumbo
    [link] [comments]

    Can you beat nashandra and then do the DLC?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 01:32 PM PDT

    Went to shulva and the first mobs killed me with two hits. Currently Nashandra must be my perfect SM because is full of signs.

    Can I do jolly coop and then try to beat the DLCs?

    Thanks

    EDIT: thanks guys, you rock

    submitted by /u/Brucehoxton
    [link] [comments]

    Fuck the Heide Tower Dragon

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 01:17 PM PDT

    This dragon is probably the most frustrating thing I've ever encountered in any souls game. And it's not even the dragon that's the problem, it's all the enemies that follow you. You can't run past them and there's too many of them to try to take them out. I really need some help summoning (coming from someone who never uses summons)

    submitted by /u/SkramzSexual
    [link] [comments]

    Why have I never seen anyone complain about the insane knockdown mechanic?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 01:09 PM PDT

    Seriously, when you get knocked down, it's a full 6 seconds of just lying there completely motionless and helpless. Tons of enemies and bosses can knock you down too. How is this not beyond infuriating to everyone who plays this game?

    I really do thoroughly enjoy Dark Souls 2, but that 6 second knockdown is my biggest pet peeve with this game.

    submitted by /u/CameronArtorias
    [link] [comments]

    Freja is really doing my head in

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 01:08 PM PDT

    It's probably more the long trek to her arena that makes it such a big deal, honestly, but Freja is proving to be very frustrating this time around. It's hard to get through that chapel full of spiders without taking any damage because of their obnoxiously long reach and sheer numbers, but I guess it doesn't matter because I find running out of Estus isn't the issue. It's dying before you can really use it all.

    I've tried two strategies so far, and neither have really worked.

    1.) Figured I keep my distance and try to clear her mob first. This didn't really work out, though, because her beam attack seems to be impossible to dodge through (maybe I just don't have enough Adaptability?) so if I'm in the wrong spot when she charges that up, it's a guaranteed hit.

    So, I've adopted a second strategy...

    2.) Just keep switching sides when she uses one of her big, frontal attacks - like the beam.
    Problem is those spiders get all bunched up and like I said, their reach is pretty ridiculous, so it's easy to take unnecessary damage without realizing it.

    Any tips and pointers?
    I've beaten her before, but this was years ago in my first playthrough. I don't remember her giving me this much trouble the first time around but for some reason she's really messing with me for this playthrough.

    submitted by /u/ViridiusRDM
    [link] [comments]

    Question about pyro builds

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 12:41 PM PDT

    So I was thinking for a strength pyro build I could definitely go with the fire infused black knight greataxe, but are there any other weapons I could use as well? Also what are my options if I also built a dex pyro build?

    submitted by /u/MysticalRaven68
    [link] [comments]

    I don’t know how to get to an area

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 12:36 PM PDT

    I started playing ds2 and when I got to majula, I noticed there was a path on the left, as soon as you go in. I went there, got poisoned, died and tried to go through. There is this strange statute there and I can't go any further. Do I need a key or something?

    submitted by /u/Shadow41S
    [link] [comments]

    Questioning how to start, and what kind of character to go for

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 12:34 PM PDT

    I'm starting ds2 for the first time and wanted some opinions. I've played probably around half or more of DS1 and beaten BB and Sekiro, so I'm not completely in the dark with fromsoft games but... I can't say I'm very good. I die a ton, and have to look up a lot of stuff throughout. I would love to do a blind playthrough of DS2 but knowing myself, I'm not sure I have it in me to go completely blind. I started an explorer class purely for fashion hoping to go for a dex build but I started struggling hard not very far in. After getting frustrated I rerolled with a bandit and things were much easier but I then started thinking that I would love to incorporate magic to some degree but it looks like bandit may not be the right class for that. Magic is also kind of intimidating to me and I don't really know how to approach it. I'm not even sure what is really available. Could someone run down the basics for me and maybe some advice on what I should go for? Pyro dex? I just don't want to feel like i want to reroll once I actually sink a decent amount of time into the game. Thank you, I hope wasn't too rambling and vague.

    submitted by /u/Frigglety_Fragglety
    [link] [comments]

    Question about trading

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 12:20 PM PDT

    When is trading day? I've been co-oping with my shade sign for those smooth silkies, and as a result I have slabs and various stones for the dogs to shit on, but I really need chunks, lol. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/Elder_Otto
    [link] [comments]

    Help with velstadt

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 12:19 PM PDT

    So ive beaten ever boss within a few tries up until this guy he is so strong and i feel like i dont have enough time to heal and when i summon that npc he sucks balls lol can anybody help me im on sotfs xbox one

    submitted by /u/orlandoguy12121
    [link] [comments]

    Int/Faith requirements for the Platinum?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 12:07 PM PDT

    Howdy folks,

    Long story short, I'm running a melee build, and yet I know there are some things that require having high Int/Faith (such as buying spells from certain NPCs). Being that I'd like to take care of them with minimal respecs, is there a quick list that contains all the things I'd need to do after respeccing?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/MetalGilSolid
    [link] [comments]

    Sorry, I'm looking for a hilarious old DS2 video. It was of like nothing but the ancient dragon "speaking" but if you turned on captions they were hilarious.

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 11:48 AM PDT

    Stuck at Vendrick

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 01:41 AM PDT

    I have accidentaly use one of the giant's souls i have 4 of them now but i can't kill Vendrick i spend about 3 hours but his 270 degree swings are very annoying and even if it does not one shot me he just does not give much time to use estus and kill me if i try to heal. Is there anything else that i can do to kill this guy rather than hope for the perfect fight that i don't got hit at all.

    Edit: after i post this i have got 'perfect' fight where i could succesfully ran from the swing if needed and killed the asshole

    submitted by /u/tolgacnkrt
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment