• Breaking News

    Sunday, May 9, 2021

    Dark Souls So I got bloodborne today as my first souls game, are you all masochists?

    Dark Souls So I got bloodborne today as my first souls game, are you all masochists?


    So I got bloodborne today as my first souls game, are you all masochists?

    Posted: 08 May 2021 02:52 PM PDT

    This isn't a joke, how can people enjoy that?

    submitted by /u/batmanfan12321
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone else ever miss DS1 when playing the other games in the trilogy?

    Posted: 08 May 2021 07:53 PM PDT

    Hey guys. I played through DS1 (Remastered) a few months ago. I was truly at a loss for words. After years of playing garbage RPGs, it felt so good to play something so fresh, magical, and downright awesome. It gave me the same feeling that I had back when I was much younger and played through Dragon Age Origins for the first time (i.e the feeling of "holy crap this RPG game is the bomb").

    I am currently on DS3. The game is good. VERY good. But it isn't DS1..... There isn't that spark/magic that was there when I played DS1.

    Does anyone else feel the same way? I don't know, just wanted to discuss how amazing DS1 really is.

    Oh and, on a side note: What the absolute fuck were they thinking with DS2? Seriously. Like who greenlighted that game? I still can't believe people even TRY to compare to the other two in the series.

    submitted by /u/xxjxxx
    [link] [comments]

    SL1 Ornstein and Smough is one of the hardest thing I had to do in a souls game.

    Posted: 08 May 2021 07:15 AM PDT

    actually, in ANY game, I've spent a whole afternoon trying to beat it using +9 regular reinforced club. no dice. had a mental breakdown and killed the firekeeper in frustration. went out got some groceries and calm down. came back, upgraded to a +3 lightning +3 reinforced club, a lot better but phase 2 damage is low I was fighting giant Ornstein I think he might be resistant to lightning?. finally equipped the FAP ring and that did it. I gotta say this is up there with one of the most difficult fights , along with sister friede from DS3. this is the first time doing SL1 and I'm scared of what comes next...

    Edit: thx for the awards guys! Never gotten this much likes.

    submitted by /u/BigEffinZed
    [link] [comments]

    My experience with Dark Souls so far...

    Posted: 09 May 2021 12:15 AM PDT

    ... has come to an end.

    The last objective I had was the platinum. I shall place it on the shelf next to its brothers.

    Successfully acquired just yesterday. Yesterday... the day I went fully Hollow.

    As for words... there is a lot to say. But just a few at the same time as well. The experience was worth it. Every single minute of the 135 hours I spent within the game has its unique meaning. I just simply loved it.

    From sad to happy moments.

    From cheerful to depressive moments.

    From suprising to monotonous moments.

    From peaceful to tense moments.

    From human to Hollow.

    As for the end, I want to say a big Thank You for all people who stood with me during my journey. I know there have been at least 3 or 4 people constantly reading my experiences.

    And for that, I bow to you. In a world full of Hollows, such people are a blessing.

    submitted by /u/miTzuliK
    [link] [comments]

    Whoever just helped me (noob pyromancer with scythe) kill Smough and Ornstein, thank you both

    Posted: 08 May 2021 01:48 PM PDT

    you two are heros. i had been stuck on them all day, I didn't even know you could summon other people for help. i tried to be polite with my gestures but i just wanted to post it here if you two see it

    submitted by /u/_coffeeblack_
    [link] [comments]

    I played this game like 6-7 times and today i learned that you can see Centipede demon from the first demon ruins bonfire.

    Posted: 08 May 2021 11:20 PM PDT

    Every time i play i learn something new in souls games.

    Sadly i cant post screenshots here.

    submitted by /u/Ibretlikkedi
    [link] [comments]

    Keny Sowa if you are reading this, you are a fucking idol

    Posted: 08 May 2021 04:22 PM PDT

    I play on Nintendo switch and was stuck on manus so i turned human to seek some help, a guy called keny Sowa helps me with killing him. I enter in his profile and i see that the guy has 6470 hours on dark souls remastered. I just want to ask how

    submitted by /u/CristoRey_
    [link] [comments]

    A small victory: I cleared the Depths!

    Posted: 09 May 2021 01:59 AM PDT

    I have killed everything in the Depths except the Gaping Dragon. Every Hollow, every slime, every rat, both butchers, the Channeller, and every basilisk. Plus Laurentius and Domnhall.

    Now I'm gonna go rest at the bonfire because I can't beat the Worst-Adjective-Ever Dragon with zero Estus. I also need to become human so I can summon Solaire, as he is the exception to this genocide run.

    submitted by /u/windermere_peaks
    [link] [comments]

    Beat orntein and smough lets goooooo

    Posted: 08 May 2021 05:01 PM PDT

    Took ten hours but it was worth it yo see the try using two hands joke

    submitted by /u/ftblurbs
    [link] [comments]

    Did any of you guys keep the same equipment throughout the entire game?

    Posted: 08 May 2021 06:19 PM PDT

    Like the title implies, I started the game with warrior class and ended it with mostly the same gear. The only thing I changed was my heater shield for a caduceus kite shield because it looked better than the heater shield.

    I ended the game and beat all bosses with a longsword and hard leather armor just because I didn't want to bother farming enough titanite to bring another gear set up to level.

    submitted by /u/dwarf_in_a_giant
    [link] [comments]

    Favorite Dark Souls Boss?

    Posted: 09 May 2021 03:36 AM PDT

    Who is your favorite souls boss from the series & why??

    submitted by /u/UncrowdedK1ng
    [link] [comments]

    Yo the dude Who summoned on the depths for his first playthrough

    Posted: 09 May 2021 01:21 AM PDT

    I Hope you enjoy this Game as much as i do, the feeling of triumph as we killed the gaping dragon is something i Hope you felt too, this Game can be a little rough on new players, so hang in there, and dont you dare go hollow!!!

    submitted by /u/no-u-great-grand
    [link] [comments]

    Dark souls saved me

    Posted: 09 May 2021 12:04 AM PDT

    I just finished dark souls remastered after almost 50 hours in game and i have to say that this master piece really warmed my heart.

    I always considered me a s a huge piece of shit unable to achieve anything. And when a friend challenged me to play dark souls and to see who will finish it first, i almost cried because i already knew that i would loose and that everyone would make fun of me for a looooong time after (they are all joking. I dont blame them, but deep down it hurts because all that they are saying is true..)

    So when i realised that i won the bet and finished dark souls first and that i beat gwyn. I was fucking proud of me for the very first time of my life. It felt so wholesome and heartwarming ! It felt like a big hug from someone who tells you that you matter and that you exist. I realized that i could do something!!!

    Now i am always seeking for this feeling and that's why i started doing things that i was scared of because i knew i would fail. I started drawing, i pulled myself back in the sport , i even got a job! Only because of this feeling i got when i saw gwyn dying in front of me.

    Sorry for long and maybe shit post, but i wanted to share it somewhere, to someone that would maybe care ! Love you guys and watch out down there, we wouldn't want you to go hollow <3

    submitted by /u/Ziggymund
    [link] [comments]

    The first room in Dukes Archive

    Posted: 08 May 2021 05:09 PM PDT

    Fuck you

    submitted by /u/dwill91
    [link] [comments]

    Siegmeyer met his end at his daughter's hand... and I'm afraid I've gone Hollow as well

    Posted: 08 May 2021 12:47 PM PDT

    I'm still at the Duke's Archives bonfire. Going forward, I free Sieglinde. Told her I know about her dad whereabouts.

    Fastforward, I kill Seath. Not forgetting to cut his tail off as well for the Moonlight Sword. This one was kinda tough, ngl.

    Currently I have lots of boss souls so I pay a visit to the Giant Blacksmith to make use of them. Crafted the following weapons: Dragonslayer Spear, Artorias Greatsword (not cursed), Tin Darkmoon Catalyst, Quelaag's Furysword, Golem Axe and Moonlight Butterfly Horn.

    Going to Firelink Shrine to meet with Sieglinde once again. Answered Yes to both questions. Then I'm off to Ash Lake. Approaching the bonfire, and there they are. Sieglinde alongside Siegmeyer, with the latter laying down on the ground. He is dead. Killed by his own daughter. But she had good reasoning. He's gone Hollow. She gives me a Titanite Slab and that's all there is to it... except one thing. At some point, Sieglinde mentioned the fact that she might have to kill her father... again? I was shocked and confused. Did she already do it?

    I am depressed. I have just seen my favorite person so far dead. Gone Hollow. I think I'm starting to lose my mind...

    I meet Kaathe in order to satiate the Lordvessel. I do so. But I don't engage Gwyn yet. I head straight to Anor Londo instead. My mind is going darker and darker by the minute.

    I kill Gwynevere. And everything turns dark. Seems like an Anor Londo full of void. Of nothingness. Some enemies disappeared as well. Two guys wait for me in the main hall. I get rid of them eventually. I wonder who they might be...

    This is the point I cracked. I'm starting to lose all my humanity. I can tell the difference between friend and foe no more.

    I go to the Giant Blacksmith and kill him without hesitation.

    I go to Demon Ruins. Murder Eingyi and Fair Lady.

    I go Firelink Shrine. Killed Laurentius, Ingward, Dohmnall and Patches.

    I go to Undead Parish. Andre suffers the same fate. Reah is no exception. Oswald puts up a good fight but in the end, he perishes at my hand.

    I go to Catacombs. Vamos didn't even see what hit him.

    I go to Blighttown. Quelana is no more. Shiva and his bodyguard as well.

    I go to Undead Burg. Undead Merchant met his demise. Griggs as well, after just being released from that room.

    I go to Sen's Fortress. Logan suffers the same fate as Griggs. Crestfallen Merchant is murdered with no mercy as well.

    I go back to Ash Lake. I even try to kill the Stone Dragon. I was not able to.

    I even try to kill Anastacia, Rickert and Undead Female Merchant. Good thing there's a wall between us. Undead Female Merchant even mocked me after hiting her while running far in the back of the cell.

    I go to Alvina as well. She instantly disappears after hiting her once, saying I'm a fool for doing so.

    I care no more. I judge no more. I am... no more.

    As for the last thing, I decide to put an end to Gwyn as well. So I'm off to Kiln of the First Flame. I make sure to be human so I could summon Solaire. Solaire... Maybe the only one left who can make me keep my sanity... even if just a bit...

    We both get rid of the Black Knights, making our way down to the boss. We're both through the fog gate. We start fighting Gwyn and eventually prevail. He fades away afterwards. Farewell, friend.

    I approach the bonfire. But I decide not to link it. I turn my back to it and head for the exit. I am a Dark Lord with all my being... maybe even more than that soon enough...

    A cutscene starts...

    A lot of Primordial Serpents. And a voice. Stating that both Kaathe and Frampt are there to serve me. And they all welcome their new Dark Lord. Frampt? Didn't he want me to link the fire in the first place? Guess there's more to it than it seems...

    But I care no more...

    I am aware no more...

    I am human... no more...

    ...

    I am Hollow

    submitted by /u/miTzuliK
    [link] [comments]

    Sif

    Posted: 09 May 2021 01:12 AM PDT

    I have stopped playing ds1 (not remasterd) for a few months but i stopped playing because of sif. Can anyone help me with saying what i can do or what i have to do to defeat sif.

    submitted by /u/WipWamNL
    [link] [comments]

    Getting summoned with Op builds

    Posted: 09 May 2021 03:23 AM PDT

    making an op build in lower levels and getting summoned, is it ruining other peoples fun? Im basically 4-5 shoting queelag with a power within and using great lightning spears, the fun of dark souls is about fighting this boss which is difficult and finally beating it is rewarding, but if I make an op build and just beat it in a few seconds, i kind of feel bad for some reason, is it actually fine?

    submitted by /u/smolest_pp
    [link] [comments]

    What's the best let's play dark souls playthrough on YouTube?

    Posted: 08 May 2021 05:57 PM PDT

    We're talkin a full playthrough, but a funny, exhilarating ride with the player... Or... whatever you think is the best one. Thank you in advance! :D (Dark souls remastered)

    submitted by /u/Honest-af_account
    [link] [comments]

    Finally Buying DSR and Suggestions for Pyro build.

    Posted: 09 May 2021 12:44 AM PDT

    I finished Dark Souls PTDE Last year and I had a blast! But I played the whole first half of the game including BlightTown without knowing of DSFix. I had been uming and ahing about getting the remastered for a while and finally caved today.

    So I'm starting again with a pyromancer build! Any and all suggestions and tips are welcome! What weapon do you guys like to play with along side your pyromancy? Im really excited to be starting this game again!

    submitted by /u/TheMadHattah
    [link] [comments]

    Oscar deleted his save

    Posted: 09 May 2021 12:34 AM PDT

    The only criticism I have of DS1 is its separation of mechanics from lore, at times.

    Oscar has no reason to hollow; in fact, given that he helped you out, he should feel quite encouraged. He seems relieved that you're safe, which you'd think would give him a motive to keep going.

    "I'll die soon, then lose my sanity". Oscar, cheer up. For one, you lose your sanity then die, not the other way around, silly. If you're gonna die, respawn at your last bonfire or something! Or drink some of that full Estus flask you JUST gave us. Get up off your ass and git gud, buddy!

    The real truth is that he was a casual who couldn't get out of the tutorial so he deleted his save and went hollow. This is why we find all the "Soul of an X Y" in the game, too. They couldn't get past this or that boss so they just deleted their save. May they find their worth in the rekindled world.

    I dunno, maybe I just wish Oscar had gone on like he was originally supposed to. It just seems wrong for him to die like that.

    submitted by /u/Bloodreive
    [link] [comments]

    Sen's Fortress is making me sick

    Posted: 08 May 2021 11:19 PM PDT

    I cant pass through it. I only did it once and i get wrecked by the iron golem

    submitted by /u/The_R3venant
    [link] [comments]

    Is the original Dark Souls different enough from the remaster to warrant purchasing it again?

    Posted: 08 May 2021 07:19 PM PDT

    I haven't beaten the remaster yet, but I saw the original at a local game store and thought about picking it up just to try it. I was wondering if it's gameplay, quirks, environment, etc. was different enough to justify the purchase.

    submitted by /u/Potatoboi17
    [link] [comments]

    Any way to make DSR look like DS1?

    Posted: 09 May 2021 02:43 AM PDT

    Is there any way you can change the graphics to make the Remaster look like the Original?

    submitted by /u/LettuceBenis
    [link] [comments]

    PRAISE THE SUN!!!!

    Posted: 09 May 2021 02:27 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment