• Breaking News

    Sunday, May 9, 2021

    Dark Souls 2 I did it!

    Dark Souls 2 I did it!


    I did it!

    Posted: 09 May 2021 06:05 AM PDT

    Got my first tattoo today

    Posted: 08 May 2021 04:40 PM PDT

    Is this guy bugged? He follows me but won't attack me

    Posted: 09 May 2021 03:05 AM PDT

    An (AFAIK) unique angle on souls lore

    Posted: 09 May 2021 06:23 AM PDT

    Although this applies to the entire trilogy, I am posting this in r/darksouls2 because DS2 is the best game of the series and so it follows logically that it would have the best subreddit. :)

    Anyway, the angle is simply this: The Souls games are all set in an abandoned shellworld just as the Halo games take place on an abandoned Dyson ring.

    DS1 seems to take place entirely on one archtree except for Ash Lake, which is only accessible from the game's main world by traversing the great hollow. From Ash Lake we see that there are many such archtrees. I consider the archtrees to be the pillars buttressing the shells. The pillar on which Dark Souls 1 takes place has been broken and Anor Londo was build atop it. Also relevant: The game shows that the sky, and its sun, are illusions subject to control by the world's inhabitants.

    Unlike DS1, DS2's plot transits multiple layers of the shellworld and failing to account for this gives the impression of a non-Euclidean world geometry. If you play through the game with a careful eye you will find that the game world is at least as vertical as it is horizontal. The following are some of what I take to be transitions between layers of the shellworld:

    • The Majula pit.

    • The lift after Mirror Knight.

    • The lift from Shrine of Amana to Undead Crypt

    • The flooded pits in Shrine of Amana.

    • The entry to Iron Keep.

    That last one makes cartographers go hollow because it seems to penetrate the sky, which is absurd. It is not absurd, though, if the sky is only the bottom of the next shell up, lit from within by technology so advanced as to seem miraculous.

    DS3 is back to taking place mostly within a single layer of the shellworld, although the Ringed City is a notable exception. While DS3's endgame is widely described as featuring "an eclipse", cursory observation shows that it is not an eclipse, it is a hole in the sky. That is as absurd as a lift that penetrates the sky. While it is not possible on the surface of a planet, a hole in the next level up might resemble the late-game skybox seen in DS3.

    On the other end, what would it seem like to the inhabitants of a shell if a hole were punctured in its floor? I suggest it would likely create transitory lands that converge, in the same way that fluids in a basin converge to transit its drain.

    I hope this unorthodox take on souls lore is not unwelcome. As for the idea that magic in souls games is high technology, I will save that speculation for a separate post. In the meanwhile, interested readers will find Roger Zelazny's Lord of Light to contain many parallels with the Souls games, particularly the distinction between humans and gods. The title itself also suggests an influence on the Souls series.

    submitted by /u/DownshiftedRare
    [link] [comments]

    What's the deal with i-Frames? Some tests.

    Posted: 09 May 2021 10:02 AM PDT

    Trying to do a Lv.1 run, and I knew the i-Frames were abysmal in DS2, but I wanted to know the specifics.
    Naturally, I just searched for tests people have already done, including wikis.
    vageta311's test | wikidot page | fextralife page | i-Frame calculator
    However, after playing, I knew things definitely did not match up.
    I'm curious if it may be a difference with Scholar of the First Sin, but I only tested 1 game.

    So, at SL1 we start with 6 ADP, but we can use:

    • Simpleton's Ring (+5 ADP) "Wearer becomes invisible while rolling."
    • Mad Warrior Mask (+2 ADP)
    • Handmaid's Ladle (+2 ADP | +1 VIT&END | -1 DEX) sheathed in off-hand
    • Peasant Attire(chest) (+2 ADP)
    • Peasant Trousers (+2 ADP)
    • Peasant Long Gloves (2 ADP)

    ...For a total of 21 ADP—should only need 20 to improve i-Frames for the last time(SL1).

    Anyway, I don't have access to the Peasant set yet, but I do have the ring/mask/ladle.

    i-Frames / Agility tests:

    Stable 120 FPS recording, SotFS(60 FPS), capturing i-Frame status in Cheat Engine, updating every 1ms, going frame-by-frame in AVIDemux, so these tests should be accurate.
    Freezing this i-Frame address does give invincibility, so I know it's the right address to use.

    92 AGL: 0.167 sec — 10 Frames so ⅙ second — Is the ring's roll effect nerfing this somehow?
    89 AGL: 0.184 sec — 11 Frames — I just took the Simpleton's Ring off, which gives the biggest boost... yet I gained frames.
    86 AGL: 0.150 sec — 9 Frames — Base SL1 AGL
    These tests were inconsistent despite going frame-by-frame in a very solid recording... like there were 3-4 frame variances(at 120 FPS) between multiple rolls in each test, so at 86 AGL I saw both 16 frames and 20, etc.. It's a mess.
    The relative differences between each of the 3 tests are fairly consistent though.
    Note: i-Frames begin on the first frame of rolls.

    These are very similar numbers people would get at 30 FPS, but I'm getting them at 60 in SotFS.
    Doing more tests right now, but these results are already way different than everybody else's, and I'm curious if the ring actually nerfs i-Frames despite increasing agility, and also curious if SotFS has fewer i-Frames than the original DS2, like maybe it's not doubling them from 30 FPS.

    Edit: I went to my old SL1 character from 6 years ago for more tests and am getting WILD results... WTF?
    I'm not even sure if i-Frames are based solely on AGL anymore. None of this makes any sense.


    Stamina regeneration tests:

    Also a stable 120 FPS recording and 1ms refresh rate in CE displaying my exact Stamina value.
    I was curious about Stamina regen effects with limited SL1 setups too, so here's a short test of that.
    This is at SL1 with no stat boosts.

    Regen time from negative 150 Stamina(drain cap) to 920:
    No buffs: 3.300 sec
    Blossom Kite Shield: 3.134 sec
    Blossom Kite Shield + Chloranthy Ring+1: 2.658 sec
    Chloranthy Ring+1: 2.791 sec (so this obviously makes the biggest difference by far)
    Chloranthy Ring+0: 2.884 sec
    Blossom Kite Shield + Chloranthy Ring+0: 2.733 sec
    The negative 150 over-drain to 0 takes roughly half a second with no buffs or boosts.
    So the shield isn't worth its weight once you can replace it with the ladle.

    One more thing: Stat boosts and passive effects will be active even if you don't have the item's required stats.

    submitted by /u/CptBrian
    [link] [comments]

    can u drop +10 weps to a player who just started

    Posted: 09 May 2021 12:57 PM PDT

    my friend has ds2 and has just started and he has been having a rough time getting places cause his weapon does no damage so im wanting to know if u can drop +weps to him??

    submitted by /u/garrytheduck1
    [link] [comments]

    Elana Help.

    Posted: 09 May 2021 12:28 PM PDT

    I'm having some trouble with Elana the Squalid Queen and summoning is pretty much dead. Can anyone help me through either Tips or Summoning (SOTF PS4 version)

    submitted by /u/Some-rand
    [link] [comments]

    I got my first Dark Souls Tattoo the other day :)

    Posted: 09 May 2021 07:22 AM PDT

    Smelter Demon is a pain!

    Posted: 09 May 2021 08:03 AM PDT

    The combination of the location of the first bonfire, then Alonne knights, lava everywhere, and this Smelter Demon, makes me really think this boss is a pain in the behind.

    Any tips would be welcome.

    submitted by /u/SirCMRaven
    [link] [comments]

    I Made a Trailer

    Posted: 09 May 2021 10:13 AM PDT

    For my upcoming lore-through series of Dark Souls.

    https://youtu.be/RruD0oVgUZo

    Please let me know what you think and consider subscribing, I would love to have you there.

    Thank you,

    Eredin

    submitted by /u/Eredin_98
    [link] [comments]

    No death/bonfire

    Posted: 09 May 2021 06:13 AM PDT

    Only Throne duo + Nshandra left.

    So far no resets on this run, but i saved before hard areas like Black Gulch or Amana. But managed them when i slowed down.

    For Amana i used bow. Super usefull there.

    Bosses i left live: Gargoyles, Rat Authority, Chariot, Vendrick, Ancient Dragon + DLC.

    So far this is my 8th try at this run and its super exciting.

    How did your no death/bonfire went?

    submitted by /u/Ejkelej
    [link] [comments]

    I just deleted a character (SOTFS Xbox) and am full of regret and shame knowing what I just did.

    Posted: 08 May 2021 11:39 PM PDT

    Dark Souls as a franchise is amazing. I love and enjoy dark souls 1 and 3; they have made me rage, but not once to the extent in which I just did with this game.

    After beating the Chariot, I had over 120,000 souls. I was going to go to majula and level up, but I was killed by the annoying red phantom with a greatsword, as I normally run past him. This time however, I could not, and promptly perished while trying to get my souls back.

    I raged. Badly. Worse than I ever have with a souls game, ever. I deleted my character in this rage, and am now sitting here, making a new character, full of shame and regret.

    Don't know why I'm posting this, maybe I'm looking to repent a little. Whatever the case, I'm going to brush myself off, and create a new character.

    And this time, I'm not going to go hollow.

    Edit: The worst part is, everything was going perfectly for this character. I had leveled him just right and had found every secret in the game. I was level 75 on earthen peak and doing 500 damage a swing. But right now, it's 2:50 am and I am going to wait until the morning to start my new character. I feel so dirty.

    submitted by /u/Fortniteisbad
    [link] [comments]

    What do you guys think boss is harder?

    Posted: 09 May 2021 01:16 PM PDT

    Best PvE daggers (excluding DLC)?

    Posted: 09 May 2021 12:59 PM PDT

    I want to make a playthrough with daggers as my main weapons, which ones are the best? Is it true that the mundane enchantment is the best for them?

    submitted by /u/TheBestCCIsDeath
    [link] [comments]

    Iron King's Kingdom???

    Posted: 09 May 2021 12:46 PM PDT

    What the frack is it called? Drangleic, Shulva, Eleum Loyce, and ????

    submitted by /u/mrchooch2u
    [link] [comments]

    TIL pve mobs don't attack blues

    Posted: 09 May 2021 12:39 PM PDT

    Of all the bs in ds2, this gets my vote for the biggest dumbfuckery. Red invaders have one thing going for them, but blues get to be up to 9 SM tiers above you and they can just bum rush you.

    submitted by /u/jamgandsnoot
    [link] [comments]

    Screentearing only in SOFTS?

    Posted: 09 May 2021 12:28 PM PDT

    what's good my skeletons, I just started playing SOFTS again to coop with my friend, but I'm noticing nasty screentearing all of a sudden.

    I'm running two monitors, my main one being a 144hz 1440p monitor. If I throw it into windowed mode, it gets rid of screentearing but has this white border around the window for some reason. It's playable for now but I'd love to find the fix, especially considering I didn't used to have any issues.

    I've tried using Nvidia control panel to disable v sync but that didn't work. Any other ideas?

    submitted by /u/dogfrompersona3
    [link] [comments]

    Wow, just wow.

    Posted: 09 May 2021 12:19 PM PDT

    Not long ago did I start my journey through my first Dark Souls game. Not only did I not just started, I also had guides and tips from everyone on this subreddit. I am just in shock with the ending, the bosses and boss weapons (found out how to make them after looking it up.) This game for me is something that has made me realized how much thought has to be put before taking action. I have died so much, but kept going. I had a few breaks and what not, but it was a great challenge. I only wished there was more. I felt like Aldia wasn't that good of a fight since it was literal hell fighting it. I really wished there were more content, but I may be wrong if so. I don't know if there is DLC for this since I can't find it on the store. Please guide me if there are DLC and how to get into them. Once again, I am in shocked and really enjoyed it.

    submitted by /u/ElSapoCosmico
    [link] [comments]

    Invaded..instantly cursed and all items broken?

    Posted: 09 May 2021 11:52 AM PDT

    I was recently invaded and while I was waiting for the guy to show up with his friend, all of a sudden I was cursed and all my items broke. Maybe he hit me from somewhere I couldn't see but I doubt it. Do I just need to git gud?

    submitted by /u/madbubers
    [link] [comments]

    I haven't been playing this game long and it's my first playthrough, I took down both The Last Giant and The Dragonrider first time and The Pursuer took 8 tries. I chose the Sorcerer build because I want a hybrid Battle Mage

    Posted: 09 May 2021 11:21 AM PDT

    trying to host a fight club but can't find any red summons

    Posted: 09 May 2021 07:29 AM PDT

    I'm at 2.5 million SM and at SL150. I can't find red signs on iron keep bridge.

    submitted by /u/bananaface301
    [link] [comments]

    I defeated the Fume Knight and I’m so proud of myself.

    Posted: 09 May 2021 11:12 AM PDT

    So, strangely this boss fight had a huge impact on me. The reason of that is because, the way I advanced across everything before this boss, I never felt like I was 'gittin gud' at the game.

    I focused on full sorcerer build (no hexes, miracles or pyromancies) but always felt insecure, never knew if I was doing it right; also I never thought that I displayed mad skills of something like that (always kept my distance with the enemies and almost always summoned Npcs for the boss fights). I beated the game like that and, although I felt proud of it, the sensation of missing out of some portion of the game's full experience was always there.

    So, it was time to explore the Dlc and found a great obstacle in the name of Fume Knight. Tried the usual tactics I used for almost all the main game but found myself dying over and over and over again without any signs of progress. Something had to be done so my approach changed, got rid of the NPCs and focused on what can I do to come out on top.

    Found myself studying it's attacks, learning when to do what; when to cast a sorcery, when to heal and when to attack (also have a spear for close call emergencies). I never felt I strategized before (I felt that all I did was just spamming sorceries while the boss was distracted with the NPCs) and fighting the Fume Knight got the best out of me.

    At the moment The boss was defeated, joy was overwhelming me; not only I had the satisfaction of defeating this famous boss fight, I finally understood my play style and patient approach to engage combat on the game. It felt good and was a more rewarding experience than defeating Nashandra.

    Right now, I'm finishing every DLC and my way of playing the game clearly changed after the Fume Knight. Only wish I found my own play style earlier.

    Sorry for the long post, only wanted to share.

    submitted by /u/mind3811
    [link] [comments]

    Does dark spell cost souls

    Posted: 09 May 2021 10:46 AM PDT

    I just finished the game yesterday and I'm starting new character. I'm going with sorcerie/ dark sorcerie and I look up that dark souls cost souls? And I don't know what dark magic scale with

    submitted by /u/sanic8470
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment