• Breaking News

    Sunday, May 30, 2021

    Dark Souls Showing some love for all the invaders in the undead parish

    Dark Souls Showing some love for all the invaders in the undead parish


    Showing some love for all the invaders in the undead parish

    Posted: 30 May 2021 12:38 AM PDT

    You're the best

    When they chase me I play hard to get :)

    I feel bad when they spend so much time on me and not the newbies just trying to play the game. /s

    submitted by /u/Dhananhay
    [link] [comments]

    Everybody talks about how Fromsoft has a thing for poison swamps in their games but...

    Posted: 29 May 2021 03:42 PM PDT

    What about dragons confronting you on bridges?
    Dragons throughout DeS-DS3 that confront you on bridges:

    - Demon's Souls Red Dragon
    - Helkite Drake
    - Kalameet
    - Sinh The Slumbering Dragon
    - Midir

    In Demon's Souls and every Dark Souls game, a dragon confronts you on a bridge. Who cares about swamps when we have dragons attacking bridges?

    submitted by /u/hungryhyena78
    [link] [comments]

    Hit a 2x Manus fight (replacing Gargoyles) in an item/enemy randomizer...

    Posted: 29 May 2021 08:18 PM PDT

    And I won! It was one of the most difficult boss fights imaginable in a randomizer, but I'm honestly just amazed it was possible. I would have never guessed that White Dragon Breath could be so good.

    If you're interested, the full clip of my conquering this is here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1039889292

    What crazy boss fights have you conquered?

    submitted by /u/TheEconSean
    [link] [comments]

    Funny story as a beginner

    Posted: 30 May 2021 03:16 AM PDT

    Last year when I got Dark Souls(my first souls game)I was so excited to get in because of the praise it was getting. I started out as a wanderer with the master key and beat the tutorial as normal. when I got to firelink shrine I then made the worst decision a beginner could ever make on this game.

    I went to the catacombs first, then I was thinking to myself "Wow this is a lot harder than I think it was going to be.

    After about 20 hours I'm trying to figure out what the hell I'm supposed to do I kill my first black knight and get the black knight great axe. By this point If I remember correctly I has farmed enough souls to be able to wield it. Then I look on a guide and figure out I was supposed to go to undead burg first

    submitted by /u/EthanJSL
    [link] [comments]

    Is there even only a single invader that plays fair in this game???

    Posted: 29 May 2021 06:41 PM PDT

    Everybody complains about DS3's pvp, but ever since I started playing DSR again, every single invasion I got turned out to be an asshole with end game spells that literally one-shoted me before pointing down on me. And I do mean EVERY SINGLE invasion. I'm seriously thinking about playing offline for the rest of the game at this point.

    submitted by /u/kedino
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to cheese Capra Demon without bombs?

    Posted: 30 May 2021 01:38 AM PDT

    Every boss so far i could read patterns or use a strat, but this one is shitty design and bs so i don't care at all about being fair, just gonna cheese that shit but i don't have bombs and killed the merchant

    submitted by /u/Djangorouge
    [link] [comments]

    SL20 Naked suggestions?

    Posted: 30 May 2021 12:21 AM PDT

    Seems to be the most interesting ds1r challenge that doesn't deprive me of parries or heals or whatever that allows me to play relatively safely that isn't just 'git gud roll better.'

    I'm probably allowing myself rings, they can make or break a build by far. Especially for something like havels, or if I just go glass cannon big bonker it'll allow me to have a shield and big stick

    But otherwise I'm not toooo well versed in ds builds let alone limited builds. I kinda remember some.basics from the days of my friends discussing pvp builds but that's about it

    submitted by /u/mclane5352
    [link] [comments]

    Darkroot garden question

    Posted: 29 May 2021 11:30 PM PDT

    I'm in darkroot garden right now and spoke to Alvina. She seemed nice so I said yes to her contract. I'm pretty new to the game and didn't know about the sweet farming spot in the garden at this time. But the bandits there do not attack me anymore. Is it possible to kill Shiva in Blighttown or attack anyone of the bandits to become their enemy again? And does this instantly break the contract?

    Thanks for your help.

    submitted by /u/TheUItramarine
    [link] [comments]

    I'm in NG+9. I'm about to fight Kalameet for the first time.

    Posted: 29 May 2021 05:49 PM PDT

    Wish me luck.

    submitted by /u/Ty_Spicer
    [link] [comments]

    I accidentally killed Andre of Astora...

    Posted: 30 May 2021 03:01 AM PDT

    So Im struggling with this right now, i started plasying Dark Souls Remastered and i accidentally killed him and i have my weapon (scythe) upgraded +5.

    I really do not know what to do to ugrade it to +6, any other blacksmith in the game (really dont know if there is another one) can upgrade this?? Right now im in the new londo ruins.

    I got to finish my game with my weapons only ain +5?

    Sorry for this dumb questions i only played ds3 before :( thank you for listening

    submitted by /u/Interesting_Snow_722
    [link] [comments]

    Dark bead

    Posted: 30 May 2021 02:44 AM PDT

    Is dark bead in the dlc or main game?

    submitted by /u/Tough_Sure
    [link] [comments]

    5:24:31 No glitch any% run of Dark Souls!

    Posted: 29 May 2021 06:59 PM PDT

    I recently decided to start dipping into speedrunning Dark Souls and started with the goal of improving my time clearing the minimum bosses required to get credits with no glitches. I've done 3 so far, and managed to cut my time from 12:31 to 9:52 and most recently to 5:24:31! I used the gravelord sword, then the BKH, then the gravelord sword respectively. Nothing too optimized, but I'm happy with my progress so far!

    Link to playlist if anyone is interested!

    https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNCT-Ex8QqrnkQTb_xmi1yEGzi-gmq2IV

    submitted by /u/jason_thehuman
    [link] [comments]

    You think you’re good at Dark Souls ?

    Posted: 29 May 2021 05:46 AM PDT

    Oh, you think you're good at Dark Souls? Have you ever even tried a NG+99, soul level 1, no armor, no weapons, no magic, no damage taken, no NPC's spoken to, inverted controls on an electric drum kit, no rolling, no back step, no sprinting, no lock on, no consumables, no audio, no parry, lowest possible resolution, lowest possible brightness, all boss and enemies killed, while drunk, hanging from the ceiling the entire time, all bonfires lit, walking everywhere backwards, sub-30 minutes speedrun? Yeah, I thought not. Go back to your LoL matches you brainless bump on a log.

    submitted by /u/CrazyGamer875
    [link] [comments]

    Fan theory on everything that would come after the Age of Dark/Man (If Gwyn wasn't a nasty boi!)

    Posted: 29 May 2021 02:15 PM PDT

    tl;dr at the bottom!

    Okay, if there's one overarching statement from Dark Souls, it's that everything changes and that that's the natural way of things. The dragons survive well into the age of fire as drakes and kites. Gwyn does not do so well, tying the Dark Soul to the first flame (and perhaps the chaos flame in the process) to try and avoid change, ruining the entire world in the process!

    Kaathe tells that the Age of Men/Age of Dark was to follow the Age of Fire after the First Flame dies out but that Gwyn "resisted nature" to prevent it, using the fragments of the Dark Soul to prolong the Age of Fire. Aldia alludes to "The Lord of light" as the "True Monarch" who "destroyed the natural order", implying that Gwyn creating the constant cycling between the Age of Dark and the Age of Fire diverted the world from a pre-existing natural order. Dark Souls 2 occurs after many cycles of the Fire and the Dark, implying that as the Dark Soul gains power in the Age of Dark, the link of humanity's increasingly strong souls will recreate the Age of Fire as fire would exist within the dark just as shadows are born from strong light. This cycle created by Gwyn is an unnatural state but we do know that the Age of Dark does naturally follow on from the Age of Fire. With Dark Souls' motif of nothing ever lasting regardless of efforts to the contrary, the question becomes: What is supposed to follow the Age of Dark?

    The most intuitive answer would be that the Dark would eventually die out and return the world to a new Age of Ancients, but this is countered by the fact that the Age of Ancients is always described as timeless; predating existence rather than being part of it. There is no real evidence for this idea.

    Though we don't see any ages beyond the Ages of Fire, Dark or Ancients in the series. There are clues to what would lie beyond the Age of Dark; Aldrich's soul describes his visions of the "coming Age of the Deep Sea". This implies both that his ability to access the Deep is an outcome of incredibly strong humanity (likely from humans he devoured) and perhaps that the natural destiny of holders of fragments of the Dark Soul, rather than becoming fuel for fire, was to achieve the Deep and begin the upcoming Age of the Deep Sea, a watery, flooded age. (My sub-theory is that this would eventually happen to all fragments of the Dark Soul but their link to fire pulls them that way first, triggering a new Age of Fire instead, regardless of the state of the first flame)

    Beyond the Age of the Deep; there are no references to a specific upcoming age beyond it. It seems unlikely that it would revert to age of Dark as this is single step cycle is the primary issue with Gwyn's sin. Water is also not conducive to creating a new fire. But in keeping with the motif of change, the alternatives would seem to be that the water changes or disappears. My two proposed advocates both stem from the Painted World. The first is that this water would freeze and become an Age of Snow, much like that seen in Ariamis' world in Dark Souls 1. This is the lesser of the two alternatives and its only justifying factor is that it could explain the presence of a frozen world in Lordran at all, though the presence of a bonfire that burns humanity may indicate that it exists near the end of an Age of Fire, as does Frozen Eleum Loyce in Drangleic also not passing beyond the Age of Dark.

    The second, and more likely, age following the Age of the Deep Sea is similarly inspired by a painted world, The Painted World of Ariendel. It is seen as a similarly frozen world to that of Ariamis' but one that is afflicted with a common occurrence in areas that have recently been cleared of flooding: rot. Rot and mould are found wherever a place has been recently waterlogged and then drained. It is implied, in Dark Souls 3, that the Painted Worlds are all subject to rot, in keeping with the theme of change and painted worlds not being permanent. Father Ariendel is being convinced to stifle flames with his blood to prevent the rot and the Painted World being burned away and being replaced with a new one, which ends up being the Painted World of Ash, implying that the flame had occurred naturally and was being actively repressed, this is a parallel to Gwyn seeking to prolong the age of fire past its natural life. This is the better of the two options that follow the Age of Deep Sea as a great sea gradually filtering away would lead to an incredibly dank and damp world, perfect for the occurrence of mould and rot. It is possible that this would also occur from the melting of an Age of Snow.

    However, a more important implication is that clearing the rot in the Painted World of Ariandel required fire to progress. This would seem to imply a links back to an Age of Fire, the start of a new cycle, free of the ash and the undead curse that make up the games, this would also mean that we, the players, don't belong in this world either and are aberrations that are deigned from a corrupted cycle. In my proposed "natural" cycle: Fire erupts and eventually goes out giving way to darkness; the darkness deepens and gives way to a deep flood; the sea drains away/into the earth and gives way to rot that grows from the damp remains and then fire destroys the rot, starting a new cycle.

    I accept that this is mostly speculative but Miyazaki says we are allowed our headcanons if we want them! Feel free to correct or suggest additions. Thanks for reading! <3

    TL;DR: The Natural cycle of ages in Dark Souls without firelinking would be Fire-> Dark -> Deep Sea -> (Maybe Snow) -> Rot -> Fire -> etc.

    submitted by /u/mustardsciguy
    [link] [comments]

    Darkroot Garden made me actually feel like the bad guy.

    Posted: 29 May 2021 08:00 AM PDT

    Hey everyone, I'm the guy that posted a few progress reports that many of you seemed to enjoy. The most recent one is here:

    https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls/comments/nm531v/quelaag_bent_me_over_a_table_and_i_loved_it/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

    I'm not going to lie, at first I was pretty unimpressed with Darkroot Garden. I think what happened was that I mentally prepared myself for an area more challenging than Blighttown, so I went into it assuming I would have serious trouble. But with the extra attention to the surroundings, the flow of that zone was very easy to manage.

    When I got to the Moonlight Butterfly, the music and visuals of the boss were incredible. I also mentally prepared myself for a boss fight harder than Quelaag, so when I found out how easy this battle was, I also felt let down.

    After I went back to the bonfire to collect my thoughts, I noticed something unique to this area. This was the first area that was seemingly dormant and passive. Sure, they're all still enemies that want you dead, but all of them were in a state of dormancy. The stone knights were sleeping, the ents were underground, the frogs were swimming, even the butterfly didn't have an aggressive/imposing appearance. This felt like the first time that you entered a zone and just wrecked a bunch of things that didn't want to fight you.

    I'm not sure if anyone else felt that way or if I'm just losing my marbles, but that realization gave me a massive perspective change on this area. I'm really excited to use the key and make my way further into this area!

    submitted by /u/No_Blacksmith_1609
    [link] [comments]

    W-what? Why was there a prism stone by Andre?

    Posted: 29 May 2021 06:52 AM PDT

    Context: I just started a new run, beat the asylum demon, took the shortcut from valley of the drakes to dark root basin, then straight to Andre, skipping all of undead burg as you do... and next to Andre there's an item. Not like a drop from a hollow, but a dropped item from a player (the bag item)... I picked it up and it's a prism stone. Why? I haven't been human this entire time, nor used any humanity, so it's no invasion. Is this meant to happen or did the game break lmao?

    submitted by /u/DiscountDjura
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls Trilogy

    Posted: 29 May 2021 03:18 PM PDT

    After beating DS3 and Bloodborne have just finally received DS trilogy set so going to start it all from scratch. Wish me luck guys!

    submitted by /u/Still-Ranger-5297
    [link] [comments]

    Since it's the 10th anniversary in a few months...

    Posted: 29 May 2021 09:06 PM PDT

    What will you do to celebrate a whole decade of this marvellous game & series? A break-every-smashable-object speedrun? A special gimmick playthrough as a Deprived Miyazaki? A fun-for-the-whole-family cosplay as Pinwheel?

    Also, as someone who only discovered Dark Souls last year, I missed the golden age of jolly co-operation. If anyone can find previews & pre-release news from 2011, or maybe the very first salty game review ever, I'd love to see that!

    Let's keep this nourishing game alive another decade!

    submitted by /u/Bloodreive
    [link] [comments]

    Can enemies friendly fire themselves?

    Posted: 29 May 2021 08:44 PM PDT

    Simple question. If an enemy hit's another one, do they do damage?

    submitted by /u/PlusMann
    [link] [comments]

    Beat the game, 4th time over last 4-5 years that I’ve attempted to get through this game... best feeling ever.

    Posted: 29 May 2021 10:55 AM PDT

    3 successful parry's and a heavy jump attack to top it off.... Gwyn fell... and that was it. Not sure there's ever going to be another game that leaves me with such a feeling of accomplishment and satisfaction.... on to NG+ but just want to sit and savor this moment for a minute.

    submitted by /u/WestEbb2913
    [link] [comments]

    I'm thinking Dark Souls hasn't aged well in gameplay but has exceeded standards, even today, for world connectivity.

    Posted: 30 May 2021 03:54 AM PDT

    I'm stuck on O&S at the moment and it showcases how badly the gameplay is compared to the likes of DS3 and even Demon's. Demons was so fast paced and I loved it, same with DS3. Everything movement is painfully slow in DS1 by comparison.

    For reference, I've 100%ed De, D1,2,3, BB and Sekiro. I'm revisiting the remaster on P5 because it's been so long that I've forgotten nearly everything...and I always buy From games to support them, so I've had it for at least 3 years now. Haha!

    Back to my thoughts, I'm impressed and frustrated at the same time with the level design. Some areas are just too damn big. They are awe inspiring but the time it takes to traverse these things is crazy.

    Anyway, I love these games and I'm not sure why I'm complaining but I was thinking DS1 was ripe for a remake but I don't know if I'd want to replay it again as is. It's not the game I remembered playing back then. Nostalgia bias hit me hard.

    ETA: I forgot to mention that obstacles to you are invisible to enemies in DS1. They hit you through everything, everywhere, it's horrible...and the tracking and input reads are bad. There I'm done, haha!

    submitted by /u/TheConjugalVisit
    [link] [comments]

    I am buying a used game and it has the box art like the trilogy but on the box it says remastered, what is it?

    Posted: 30 May 2021 03:03 AM PDT

    I was looking to buy dark souls remastered used, and I found one in my area, he has a picture of it and the box art looks like the box art from the trilogy but it has remastered writen on it? I have tried to search on the internet and I couldn't find anything like this.

    Here is the picture of the game sorry for the low quality

    submitted by /u/HideOnBush010
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment