• Breaking News

    Saturday, May 29, 2021

    Dark Souls Weekly General Discussion Thread (May 28, 2021)

    Dark Souls Weekly General Discussion Thread (May 28, 2021)


    Weekly General Discussion Thread (May 28, 2021)

    Posted: 28 May 2021 09:00 AM PDT

    Welcome to the weekly general discussion thread! This thread is for the community to discuss whatever is on their mind (whether it is Dark Souls 1 related or not).

    Have a question that you've been meaning to ask but haven't gotten around to making a post yet? Something on your mind you want to discuss? Playing a game that you think others would like? Comment away! All we ask is that you are respectful of each other, and have fun!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you Dark souls. Thank you everyone.

    Posted: 28 May 2021 09:15 PM PDT

    I have heard about the difficulty of Dark souls (you know, "Dark souls of ...") and decided to play the game myself. At first I was playing so wrong. Didn't know about builds, where the good loot is, game mechanics, lore... basically everything before I watched walkthroughs and searched the internet. So I was progressing correctly in the game and oh my god, it was the perfect game that I have been looking for for years (ofcourse it has some issues but I can't look away from the amazingly well done things). Dark souls have taught me the value of trying, going forward and the great pleasure the achievements of hard work gives. To not go hollow and push forward. To fight for it. To become better and stronger as it allows me to take on harder challenges. My father has passed away recently and I thank Dark souls for giving me the ability to cope with the hardships. I have learned the more I try to run away from them, the hardships get bigger and bigger in your mind and you fear them more and more. And finally, that I can fight them and I can win. God bless everyone. Please pray for my father. Thank you everyone.

    submitted by /u/Asleep_Tie
    [link] [comments]

    A silly Souls comic I made not long ago

    Posted: 28 May 2021 04:32 AM PDT

    New to Reddit, I was told to post this here by several people. Hope it makes some people laugh.

    https://imgur.com/pVscde4

    submitted by /u/nooodlesouls
    [link] [comments]

    Proof Solaire is my dad

    Posted: 29 May 2021 05:14 AM PDT

    After I talked to him for the first time he gave me a soapstone and disappeared. Just like my dad. I assume he went to get some Sunny D but he isn't in the Sunlight Altar, Anor Londo, Lost Izalith or the local shop.

    This is also a cry for help

    submitted by /u/CrazyGamer875
    [link] [comments]

    just had the nicest invasion (bow only playthrough)

    Posted: 28 May 2021 06:29 PM PDT

    so i'm doing a bow only playthrough, right ? it's honestly been really fun so far and i reached anor londo fairly easily, the damage is low, but i rarely die compared to other playthroughs somehow ? anyway, just killed gwyndolin, got my darkmoon bow, all that nice stuff, i'm killing the mimics, when i see, "invaded by dark spirit catchthese" ! i'm usually not a fan of invasions but decide to see what gives just in case.

    first, this guy lets me finish the mimic before attacking, and even bodyblocks it so i can fire safely! then, he begaves nice and waves at me when the duel starts. i manage to poison him with arrows and land a few hits while running backwards, but he eventually gets a backstab in after some initial damage and end up dying. honestly, that was really fun, he didnt try to cheese me or bait me into getting killed by mobs or anything, and acted pretty chill when he saw what challenge i was doing, i assume. the fight was nice and the playthrough is very cool so far, managed to first try O&S too

    submitted by /u/AscendantComic
    [link] [comments]

    I finally understand the power of poise!

    Posted: 29 May 2021 05:11 AM PDT

    My first souls game was DS3 and poise was useless in that game so I decided to play DSR and I finally understand the power. I could get hit and not give a single fuck about it, I could chug estus while being hit with attacks and it was amazing. Do you have any experience with poise?

    submitted by /u/MEME_PERSON1096
    [link] [comments]

    Where has STR been all me life! Arrr

    Posted: 29 May 2021 05:05 AM PDT

    I've played this game on and off over the years since I first played it on my long dead 360. I've finished all the endings, found all the little secrets and story points. I did it all with a Dex build. 10 years of playing the game on and off just Dex, maybe some pyromancy thrown in there for some laughs.

    Last weekend I introduced my daughter to the game and when she isn't playing I've been jumping on if time permits. I just found out about the souls dupe and decided to use it to speed things up since my play time is limited(not showing my daughter because she needs to learn how to suffer in silence).

    Decided to play around with a str/faith build. Holy shit, I barely use the miracles. I'm just loving smashing things. I feel like I'm on easy mode. Tearing through bosses like they are paper. Granted, I've had to change my play style somewhat but it's kind of exhilarating.

    Why didn't I try this years ago?

    submitted by /u/MyRuinedEye
    [link] [comments]

    Solaire finally finds his very own sun!!! This is the ending the developers removed from the game!!! (not for meant for children, just kidding, or maybe not...)

    Posted: 28 May 2021 04:55 PM PDT

    Question - potential undiscovered secrets

    Posted: 29 May 2021 05:13 AM PDT

    Chosen undead, I have a question.

    With the absolute density of the Dark Souls universe, does anyone think that there may still be the chance that we've gotten this far with all three games and there are still things in the game we haven't yet discovered?

    Wether it be items, locations, or just little small details. Imagine if we've came this far and have only discovered small portions of the games!

    submitted by /u/cragfetch
    [link] [comments]

    Does the dlc come on the disc?

    Posted: 29 May 2021 05:08 AM PDT

    Just bought dark souls trilogy does the dark souls remastered and dark souls 2 dlc come on the disc?

    submitted by /u/Tough_Sure
    [link] [comments]

    Would You Want a Scholar of the First Sin Type Thing With Dark Souls?

    Posted: 28 May 2021 01:35 PM PDT

    Hear me out before you call me a heretic for suggesting anything about the OG dark souls gets changed.

    The original Dark Souls is a great game, an amazing game, and I completely understand why many people consider it the best souls game. But you have to admit that a lot of places in the game ended up left on the cutting room floor. There are 3 different versions of the Asylum Demon fight, Demon Ruins copy and pasted early game bosses, and Izalith is, well Izalith.

    Lord Miyazaki himself has said there are aspects of the original Dark Souls he regrets and wishes he could have done differently. So, should the studio take a crack at remaking these parts of Dark Souls in a new game with changes akin to the changes from Dark Souls 2 to Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin

    submitted by /u/Nuclear_TeddyBear
    [link] [comments]

    Finished Dark Souls for the first time! :) (Took me two weeks.)

    Posted: 28 May 2021 11:26 PM PDT

    Shout-out to "norman". The invader that refused to let me ever be human ever at the end and forced me to beat Gwyn by myself. Lol.

    Also, (my dude was named Turin.) Shout-out to the two players I helped beat Gwyn as a summon.

    Such a good game. I'm on to DS2 now, but omg it's gonna be impossible to top that one.

    submitted by /u/WatrE1
    [link] [comments]

    Have I ruined Big Hat Logan’s quest line ?

    Posted: 29 May 2021 03:39 AM PDT

    I beat Seath before saving him in Sen's fortress, after I saved him he appeared in Firelink then disappeared. I can't find him anywhere

    submitted by /u/CrazyGamer875
    [link] [comments]

    I finally beat the Capra Demon!

    Posted: 28 May 2021 05:28 AM PDT

    Hey folks,

    I started playing Dark Souls for the first time (never been really into it until a friend showed it to me and I thought I might give it a try) and I absolutely love it so far! I just beat the Capra Demon and I'm feeling really proud because he was the first one I had troubles with. I know he was probably only the top of the iceberg and more difficult bosses sure will show up along the way but it's such a great feeling to get a little further with every try until you finally made it. I try to go in as blind as possible and I can't get enough of exploring every little corner and reading the item descriptions. If I only had known earlier what an awesome game this is I would have startet playing years ago!

    submitted by /u/Dasher9719
    [link] [comments]

    Question about the undead.

    Posted: 29 May 2021 03:14 AM PDT

    How do characters like siegwald die if they are undead? Shouldn't they just respawn at a bonfire?

    submitted by /u/PhilipPinckaers
    [link] [comments]

    I need an advice

    Posted: 29 May 2021 03:14 AM PDT

    With what should i replace the black knight greatsword ?

    im planning to do a strenght build.

    submitted by /u/HaroldTharippa
    [link] [comments]

    DS Remastered all achievements completed

    Posted: 28 May 2021 09:52 PM PDT

    It's been about a week since I completed Dark Souls Remasteted. I have 1000/1000 both versions of the game on the Xbox. I am now playing DS3 and I have to say DS3 is by far an easier game on so many levels and comparatively leaves me far less satisfied in general. I think the best of the Souls is done but I look forward to going back and helping people with the bells and O + S just for fun. Praise the sun and the sun bros `[T]/

    submitted by /u/Leet_As_Sin
    [link] [comments]

    What is a good One handed strength weapon?

    Posted: 28 May 2021 10:39 PM PDT

    I want to do a strength focused build but also like using my shield.

    What would you guys recommend?

    I am currently level 18 and have only beat the Asylum and the Tarus Demons.

    So early and late game recommendations would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/osteo5511
    [link] [comments]

    What are suggested activities or things a player should really do upon their first replay/NG+?

    Posted: 29 May 2021 04:05 AM PDT

    I plan to start New Game + soon and was wondering what are some things I should try to do in this play through that are unique to NG+, that I might've missed in my first play through, or just general things players can easily miss?

    submitted by /u/CrazyDiamondJH
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to reach + 25 pyromancy without quelana

    Posted: 29 May 2021 03:54 AM PDT

    I accidentally killed her

    submitted by /u/killcrack101
    [link] [comments]

    Your favourite bosses or lesser mobs in terms of concept, design and lore and why?

    Posted: 28 May 2021 04:07 PM PDT

    Mine are, not necessarily in this order

    1. Ornstein, because I like bosses that are humanoids the most, specially knights. Ornstein is too badass, the man is a dragonslayer and carry that spear with that badass armour that resembles a lion, that is a genius design, really. The fight with him and Smough aren't quite pleasant tho. Also I love that he was fit into the gothic theme of Anor Londo.
    2. Artorias, for pretty much the same reason above and because he moveset is cool, it is full of olympic acrobatics, gymnastic stuff that gives him a lot of style. That is an "abyss" stuff huh? Because Manus and the Abyss watchers from Dark souls 3 are like that too. Again the fact that they design the caracters thinking of a theme is simply genius.
    3. Sif, because of the creativity, when I first entered the arena and saw that giant sword I didn't expect a giant wolf to grab it to cut me into pieces at all. Also I think that is inspired by japanease folclore if I am right, the same that inspired the legendary pokemon from galar, which is a fox with a sword. Feel free to explain if you know better, I haven't researched.
    4. The steel knight outside of sen's fortress that is contemplating the view, because again I love knights and that one is like "Ahh, the sunset..." until the chosen undead rudely appears to end with his inner peace
    submitted by /u/Septimus_filius
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls 2 - Trailer №2 (Remastered 8K 60FPS)

    Posted: 29 May 2021 03:07 AM PDT

    Some dark souls questions.

    Posted: 29 May 2021 02:32 AM PDT

    1:if you didnt play the dlc where you save sif then who saved him ? You know like if you didnt save sif in the dlc the cutscene will be sif getting the sword and attacking you which means he doesnt recognise you then who saved him ? 2:is there heaven and hell in the dark souls serise ? Like every time i kill sif i say "hopefully you will meet artories in heaven" but does heaven exist ?

    submitted by /u/random_dude6472
    [link] [comments]

    Lord of Cinder - fanart!

    Posted: 28 May 2021 07:42 PM PDT

    Just finished my first playthrough of DS1 and had to give some love to that final moment. Can't wait for the imminent sorrow in DS2... ; u ;

    Lord Of Cinder - by me!

    submitted by /u/SmawlGiant
    [link] [comments]

    I ended today’s session by yelling “YES!!! SOLAIRE!!! YOU AND ME, BUDDY!!”

    Posted: 28 May 2021 09:55 AM PDT

    Technically, I know it should have been "You and I", but I was caught up in the moment. Anyway, I bet a lot of you know what happened today :)

    submitted by /u/DarthBaio
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment