• Breaking News

    Tuesday, May 25, 2021

    Dark Souls Shout Out to Solaire

    Dark Souls Shout Out to Solaire


    Shout Out to Solaire

    Posted: 25 May 2021 05:22 AM PDT

    Summoned Solaire to take on O&S today. He immediately wrecked Ornstein and did most of the work on Super Smough; easily survived. Don't know what he had for breakfast, but Sunbro might have been able to solo the whole battle.

    submitted by /u/ndennies
    [link] [comments]

    This Game Frustrates Me

    Posted: 24 May 2021 10:19 AM PDT

    I have never been so angry at a game that I couldn't stop playing...

    Everytime I feel like quitting after three hours of aimlessly wandering through an area I finally find a shortcut or the boss fog...

    Everytime I feel like quitting after dying to the same boss six times, or dying six times trying to run back to the fog gate I calmly get back and beat the boss...

    I have hurt my hand from punching a chair... (I am not a violent/angry person normally)

    I have thrown my controller...

    I fucking hate how much I love this game...

    The pull I feel to finish this game constantly brings me back from the edge...

    I will beat this game.

    submitted by /u/MrGreytheIXth
    [link] [comments]

    The best part of Dark Souls is...

    Posted: 24 May 2021 05:53 PM PDT

    Undead Parish, the Armoured Boar.

    (TLDR: You can anal fist a pig to death, but there are other, more creative ways to win; much like the game in general)

    You've just beaten the Taurus Demon, the first boss after the tutorial, and met Solaire for the first time. Finally you feel like you can rest on your laurels for a while, the sun is shining and you feel great. As you walk towards a few easy-to-kill hollows after making your new friend, suddenly the rug formed of bravado, swagger, and a false sense of security is pulled out from under you as a seemingly invincible dragon descends from above, killing everything in sight and forcing you underground to cower and reflect on your false pride.

    You've been put back in your place, in a sewer struggling against a few rats and probably dying of poison. You're not the mighty hero you thought you were 5 minutes ago, but you climb a ladder into a new area and hopefully respite, but...

    The only way to the church in the distance is through a well defended encampment of soldiers, spearmen, snipers above, bonfires and A MASSIVE PIG IN A SUIT OF ARMOUR!

    The amazing part about this is that it appears at first impossible, but in fact there are so many ways to get through if you just stop and think. You can:

    1. Plunge attack the pig if you make your way above it to the bridge.

    2. Use the newly discovered alluring skulls to draw the pig into fire and burn itself.

    3. Run underground again and circumvent the fight entirely.

    4. Get past the pig by going above, below, or around and then luring it to the gate and killing it by dropping the portcullis on its head.

    5. Victory via the time-honoured means of ANAL FISTING THE PIG to death and wearing its head as a hat.

    Edit: 6. Apparently you can parry it!? Mental.

    Plus you can throw spells or arrows at it if you're a coward I guess. Whatever gores your boar. Maybe there are other ways even.

    This part of the game is the best for me, because it is a study of the whole game in microcosm. It doesn't matter if you just killed a massive demon, you can easily get killed right after by a lowly rat. What looks impossible is actually easy if you stop and observe, and there is no "right way" to play the game, approach it however you like best and don't be afraid to experiment with new tactics.

    What's your favourite part?

    submitted by /u/BadgerBadgerer
    [link] [comments]

    I just finished my first ever souls game!

    Posted: 25 May 2021 04:44 AM PDT

    I got the game about 3 months ago and got immediately intimidated, every time I lost souls at the beginning of the game I just restart.

    Last 2 weeks ago, I finally had the courage to finish the game and I just finished the game today! I've beaten every single boss about 1-3 tries except Bed of Chaos (because it's Bed of Chaos), Artorias (I had fun fighting and learning his moves even if he killed me about 12 times but after I memorized his moves it actually feels like I'm dancing with him), and Gwyn (I died an embarrassing amount times because I can't parry for shit, I'm just so glad I have Solaire to save my ass, Now we're literally grossly incandescent).

    I literally shed a tear after hearing that music while the credits is rolling, this has to be the best game I've ever played. Dark Souls 1 is a literal masterpiece.

    submitted by /u/TamashiiXIII
    [link] [comments]

    Just ran into a familiar face in the Tomb of the Giants. Or really, a familiar voice.

    Posted: 24 May 2021 08:07 PM PDT

    After playing Bloodborne, and DS3, I was anticipating a certain NPC somewhere in the game. A fella named Patches. Well, not long after entering the Tomb of the Giants I encountered an NPC. He's standing near a cliff, a shiny object beckoning me to walk to the very edge. Needless to say, I became suspicious.

    So I spoke to him to confirm my thoughts. Yup. It's him. I didn't even listen to him or read the subtitles. I just hit X until I was free to charge up an R2. Hit him with the +15 Iaito and knocked him clear back to the edge. Then I gave him a slash like the end of Sanjuro and watched him fall to his well deserved and hopefully painful death.

    Fuck Patches. So far this is my favorite part of the game.

    submitted by /u/MoosePotato666
    [link] [comments]

    Trouble having fun in ds1

    Posted: 25 May 2021 12:57 AM PDT

    I played the series in the right order ds-1-2-3 and I loved it ( a little less for ds2 but it was fine) then sekiro came out and I loved this game so much. Sekiro made me realize that I wanted more standalone game to come out and not a ds4 or something along those lines. Still I loved the series and recently I replayed a bit of ds3 and ds1. I have trouble enjoying ds1 today. I praise ds1 for the awesome world design memorable bosses and ambiance but the gameplay isn't doing it for me anymore. I don't know if playing sekiro and ds3 made ds1 gameplay dull for me. It's probably personal preference but honestly it makes me sad that I can't enjoy this awesome world anymore. I kinda want a modern remake of ds1 now :)

    submitted by /u/Slegghorn
    [link] [comments]

    Just under 2 months and 200 hours after getting the game, I got the Dark Soul achievement!!

    Posted: 24 May 2021 10:51 AM PDT

    What a ride it's been, I think I'm finally going to take a break for a bit. But the game still is not boring to me! I'll admit I used guides for finding things for the achievements because I never would've figured it out otherwise lol.

    The runs I did to get the achievements were:

    My very first run, strength build with a Zweihander for most unmissable achievements.

    A pure Mage/Pyro build for all the spells and pyromancy. Had to go about 3/4 through a NG+ run for this.

    A pure Faith build for all of the miracles. Getting all the miracles was kind of brutal because of the covenant items you needed. Had to be careful not to mess any quests up. Also, I rushed Tomb of Giants early to get Reah out, but it was BRUTAL getting out without a warp.

    A quality build mainly using a Halberd, did NG, NG+ and up to Anor Londo on NG++. Did all of the weapon upgrades + Knight's Honor in this one. Luckily, farming for the Channeler's Trident did not take terribly long.

    Not sure what to do with myself now. I might finally go tackle the DLC in DS3 and 2.

    Oh and on my NG++ run I discovered how much I love the Lifehunt Scythe from Priscilla's Soul. That weapon freaking slaps. The build I used for this part was the Scythe with Havel's Armour (except the helmet), Mask of the Son, Grass Crest Shield, Bloodbite Ring and Havel's Ring. Think I might try doing a new game with this build since it was fun as hell.

    submitted by /u/SaidTheEmu
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone explain infusing?

    Posted: 25 May 2021 02:58 AM PDT

    I've played through DS1 and DS2 completely and reaching the end of DS3 but I've never understood the infuse mechanic, sometimes I look up posts like "Which infusion should I do to X weapon" and what I take from the comments most of the time is basically "don't infuse it, just keep it as is and upgrade stats Y and Z", (unless apparently it's a weapon that already "has affinity" for some upgrade, but I don't think I've ever found a weapon that "has affinity" for an infusion that I was able to infuse because then it already is infused so I don't really get what that was about), I don't really get why you should make an upgrade, sure like the damage numbers on the weapon goes brrrr but what difference does it even make? How does the STR/DEX/INT/FTH scalings go into all this? I'm guessing part of it is that like since some enemies are weak to certain types of attacks you wanna rock paper scissor them and get the upper hand but how would I even know which bosses has which weaknesses?

    Also slight sidenote, what the hell is the difference between a strike, a slash and a thrust (non-English speaker btw)? I thought I knew the difference between a slash and a thrust, seemed pretty obvious, a thrust is when you like jank your blade forward in a piercing sort of way and a slash is when you just fucking try to cut a mofo in half y'know, but how does a "strike" tie into that?

    Thanks a lot in advance for any help!

    submitted by /u/Lucker_Kid
    [link] [comments]

    The RNG gods smiled upon me

    Posted: 25 May 2021 05:28 AM PDT

    So I finished dark souls for the first time ever last week with a dex build (quelaags furysword carried me through it), I tried dark souls 3 after and wasn't rly feeling it. Came back to dark souls 1 to start a fresh game with a strength build to go big boi mode on everyone with the zweihander and within 3 hours I got the black knight greatsword AND the black knight halberd!! (From the undead parish and darkroot garden) i couldn't believe it lmao in my first run I think I ended up with like one black knight item drop and that was in the kiln of the first flame. Can't wait to level up and just destroy everyone with the greatsword now lmao

    submitted by /u/abkebab123
    [link] [comments]

    I’m a new Dark Souls player, I am familiar with the series with over 100 hours on DS3 and I need help with this game

    Posted: 24 May 2021 04:22 AM PDT

    Leveling up is a problem and with how stuff is designed Bell Gargoyles is as hard as Nameless king, any ideas on soul grinding areas?

    submitted by /u/CarsonBDot
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls - Intro (Remastered 8K 60FPS)

    Posted: 25 May 2021 05:46 AM PDT

    Is velka the source of the prophecy?? (Spoilers)

    Posted: 25 May 2021 05:41 AM PDT

    Is velka the source of the chosen undead prophecy,we know that she is like a judge who pardons or punishes sins I think she wanted to punish the lords that made the world go crazy by having them constantly get attacked and killed by an unkillable undead,I think it makes sense as a giant crow which symbolizes velka takes us to lordan and the peculiar doll that we use to enter the painted world mysteriously shows in our cell

    submitted by /u/Plastic_band_bro
    [link] [comments]

    Ignoring gameplay quirks, which Dark Souls player character is canonically the most powerful?

    Posted: 24 May 2021 08:25 PM PDT

    Between themselves, the chosen undead, bearer of the curse, and ashen one have all done some some crazy stuff, but which one is the ultimate plated zombie?

    submitted by /u/Average_KD6
    [link] [comments]

    Was thinking of trying a ranged build and wanted to know if these upgrade paths would be reasonable choices

    Posted: 25 May 2021 01:42 AM PDT

    I was thinking of doing either occult composite bow a fire crossbow or a Gough's Greatbow as my main weapon and basically just wanted to make sure sure these were reasonable choice for possible main weapons the occult composite bow especially since it just seems like a straight upgrade in raw damage over divine excluding fighting undead which I wanted to make sure was true and just to make sure when compared to a enchanted composite bow occult path point for point a faith occult build will give me more damage then a int enchanted build with the composite bow correct.

    submitted by /u/Codex_Eathbreaker
    [link] [comments]

    Finally got good.

    Posted: 24 May 2021 09:15 PM PDT

    I've been stuck on ornstein and smough for a ridiculous amount of time (over a month), and was making no progress. It took me accidentally hitting Sun Fella to give me the incentive to backtrack. I cleared the asylum, finally found Sif, and then cleared the painted world. After all of this I came back to Anor Londo, this time feeling as though I deserved to be there. On my first run I was able to get to mega Ornstein, when the closest I'd gotten previously was halfway down Smough's bar. This is the first time I've felt that click of understanding, and holy shit does it feel good.

    submitted by /u/juiceb1tch
    [link] [comments]

    Any input/suggestion on my current Zweihander build ?

    Posted: 25 May 2021 12:40 AM PDT

    Note: I am overall a newbie/noob to Dark souls, I just got to Anor Londo and I am play on the Original PS3 release of the game

    Armor: Full elite knight set

    Weapon: The Zweihander +10

    Shield: The Grass crest shield +7

    Rings: Havel ring + Ring of steel protection

    Stat: Level 39 with 20 Vitality, 23 Endurance, 26 Strength and 15 Dexterity

    I would love it if you guys give me some tip or suggestion how to improve this build while giving me as little spoiler as possible

    submitted by /u/vanvudk45
    [link] [comments]

    I did it!

    Posted: 24 May 2021 06:02 AM PDT

    I completed my first playthrough of the game on Saturday and it was amazing. I love this game and the community around it so much! The only boss I didn't defeat was Gwyndolin as the reward/effects were not really worth it to me. Easily my favorite game of all time! Praise the Sun!

    submitted by /u/avgjoeyyy
    [link] [comments]

    got gifted darksouls game seems decent but cant play because the controller keeps disconnecting

    Posted: 24 May 2021 06:47 PM PDT

    A friend gifted me dark souls remastered for my birthday. I'd sorta known about it but never really had an interest in these types of games because I'm usually into fps. Its a hard game but fair. I like the game but prefer playing the controller because sitting at a desk for a long time hurts my back. It's pissing me off I can't get past the first level without wasting hp because i have to jump up to run across the room to my keyboard. the game keeps randomly switching to keyboard controls even when my keyboard is unplugged and my controller is hardwired in. Does anyone have a fix. (dark souls remastered Steam, yes I've validated my files)

    submitted by /u/RedDeadINeedHead
    [link] [comments]

    About dark souls trilogy for xbox one

    Posted: 25 May 2021 05:43 AM PDT

    Does the dark souls trilogy for xbox one include only a steelbook or does it also include the normal plastic cases? Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/UssaTuck
    [link] [comments]

    Confessions and vaunts

    Posted: 24 May 2021 04:59 PM PDT

    (regarding DS1):

    • I played through about half the game before I discovered that you could sprint
    • I sadly went all the way to Ash Lake without the Lordvessel
    • I often used guides to figure out where to go and what to do. Still do it occasionally
    • In the beginning I would often hide when I was invaded
    • I played through the entire Prepare to Die edition with the 60fps mod installed but not enabled
    • I always struggle with the Capra Demon
    • I never learnt to parry

    On the other hand:

    • I've never used a shield (I've tried it a tiny bit of course, but I haven't used it regularly as part of a build)
    • I've never used the Drake sword
    • I've never died to those infamous archers
    • I've never died to Gwyn

    What are yours?

    submitted by /u/RockFuzzEleven
    [link] [comments]

    Dark souls 2 or dark souls 3 on base Xbox one?

    Posted: 25 May 2021 05:25 AM PDT

    Simple question. I am worried about the fps. Besides aren't they like the same games?

    submitted by /u/Yoda_be_I
    [link] [comments]

    ❤'s for everyone! Thanking this community for being a breath of fresh air.

    Posted: 24 May 2021 12:01 PM PDT

    Praise the Sun! Praise this community! Praise Solaire! Praise great comments! Praise great posts! Praise great mods! Praise estus (even when it goes down the wrong pipe)!

    submitted by /u/SashOfTopatoes
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment