• Breaking News

    Friday, May 7, 2021

    Dark Souls I have saved Solaire... but did I truly save him?

    Dark Souls I have saved Solaire... but did I truly save him?


    I have saved Solaire... but did I truly save him?

    Posted: 06 May 2021 07:46 AM PDT

    Working towards my platinum. I am still in NG+.

    Quickly notice, I cut off Hellkite Dragon tail for Drake Sword. I also farm the Channelers in Duke's Archive for Channeler's Trident. Doing the same with Silver Knights in Anor Londo to get Silver Knight Shield, Silver Knight Spear and Silver Knight Str. Sword. Bought the Giant's weapons as well.

    I also join Forest Hunter covenant once again. I want to see Shiva. I do so eventually. Nice guy, as long as you do not betray him. That ninja guy in the back did not speak at all.

    I push Lautrec off the ledge in Firelink Shrine as soon as I'm done with the Gargoyles. He deserves it. Gotta protect Anastacia.

    I want to join Gravelord Servant, so I head to the catacombs and then straight to the coffin. This time it has been so much easier having a Divine Weapon.

    I jump in the coffin and here I am, standing in front of Nito's coffin. I join the covenant, offer 10 Eye of Death as well, and leave with some miracles and a nice sword as well. Thank you, Nito! I will leave now, but do not worry, I will surely be back in no time, hehe.

    I got the Lordvessel. I do not speak with Frampt since I want to adopt Kaathe's path this time. The Dark Lord. I also want to join the Darkwraiths covenant. So after acquiring Lordvessel, I head straight to New Londo Ruins. Got the key from Ingward, then I'm down to fight the 4 Kings. Took me a couple of tries as well, ngl. I love this fight. It gives me Sekiro vibes because it forces you to be aggressive towards every king so that you get rid of him as soon as possible before the next one spawns and you end up ganked. I place the Lordvessel on the altar at Kaathe's willing.

    Frampt's says I'm a fool due to missing the chance of being the Chosen One. Then he just went back to sleep.

    In the process of getting the Lordvessel I pay a visit to Gywndolyn as well. I do not engage him this time, but kneel before him. Hueah. Sacrifices must be made. I joined the Blade of the Dark Moon covenant. Offered 10 Souvenirs of Reprisal for Darkmoon Blade miracle.

    Next stop, Tomb of Giants. But not before ensuring that Reah, Nico and Vince left Petrus already. So I go to Firelink Shrine and kill Petrus. Without hesitation. I'd do it again. Twice.

    Then I just proceed by being pushed by Patches ofc, then speaking to Reah. Quickly warped to Undead Parish and buy off Great Heal, Magic Barrier and Wrath of the Gods of her.

    Lastly, but not least, I offered Gwyn's soul to Sunlight Altar. Got the Sunlight Spear and then Pray of a Maiden achievement popped up.

    Currently focusing on Bond of a Pyromancer achievement. Basically gathering all pyromancies.

    So I just make sure I save Laurentius and do not tell him what he wants to find out. Nice guy. He didn't complain too much about it. I buy two pyromancies off of him and go on.

    I already have a +10 Pyromancy Flame, so Quelana spawned at her well known spot in Blighttown. Or rather said I am able to see her now. I chit chat with her a bit, pitying her mother and sisters corrupted by the flame, and begs me to get rid of BoC. So I proceed by killing Quelaag and then BoC.

    In the meanwhile, I take care of Solaire's quest. So I offer 30 humanities to the Fair Lady and opened the shortcut in Lost Izalith. I get rid of that specific bug, and proceed to talk to Solaire in Anor Londo. I eventually get rid of Centipede Demon as well, and there he is. Siting next to the bonfire. He is depressed. This is a real let down.

    I use the shortcut to get to BoC. It took me a couple of tries as well, ngl, but the real boss in here was seeing Solaire siting down there, being depressed, crying over his failed mission of finding his very own sun. And I had to see him everytime I went back to BoC. It really breakes you heart. I started to ask myself did I truly save him? Shouldn't I have let him be controlled by that bug and put him out of his misery afterwards instead? Seeing such a once cheerful guy into this state really makes you sad as well.

    I also got a meme for all this btw: https://i.imgur.com/WfX9JoV.png

    In all this fuss, I also take care of Siegmeyer's quest. Sen's Fortress twice, Anor Londo, Firelink Shrine, then Blighttown. All the encounters done according to the plan so far. We're both in Lost Izalith now. Looking down to the Chaos Eaters. I get rid of three of them before speaking to him, just to make the fight easier. I used the Dragonslayer Bow. Was fun. He gets bugged but I push him off the ledge and quickly jump into the fight as well. Kileld the remaining two Chaos Eaters, ensuring his HP stays above 50%. Now I guess I need to wait for the encounter with Sieglinde before advancing his quest.

    For the moment, that's just basically it. I thought about giving a go at Priscilla's tail or just go for Nito's ass next time, but I guess this will come out naturally within next session of DSR.

    Don't you dare go Hollow!

    Praise the Sun!

    submitted by /u/miTzuliK
    [link] [comments]

    The first half of DS1 is special, do you think FromSoft can ever recapture that feeling again?

    Posted: 06 May 2021 06:14 PM PDT

    Dark Souls 1's first half is something special.The way the intimate and incredible world wraps around itself and loops back is a beautiful thing to see.Although the bosses in comparison to later games makes these seem primitive and basic, it felt that the world is truly a place where you came to be in.

    However, nothing has recaptured that feeling of knowing where everything in the world is and knowing where to go to reach multiple different places.It's clear FromSoft has not done this since Dark Souls 1.I am on PC meaning that I haven't played Bloodborne(Port it please) or Demon Souls Remake(Port it please), but from my understanding nothing has done that.I can see why they chose to do that, because it's hell to get into without a guide and I probably wouldn't have played the games if I hadn't searched up things.

    However it's kinda sad seeing this whole formula leave and although games like DS3 have top tier combat and some of the best bosses, I wish it also had that level design and world that DS1 had.

    submitted by /u/ControlOnly
    [link] [comments]

    What do you imagine estus tastes like?

    Posted: 07 May 2021 02:13 AM PDT

    I imagine that it feels tingly, maybe orgasnic, and sweet.

    submitted by /u/TheHeroicOnion
    [link] [comments]

    Finally got my first tattoo, I knew for sure it had to be darksouls inspired

    Posted: 06 May 2021 06:46 PM PDT

    Pinwheel is easy, but not a bad boss

    Posted: 06 May 2021 04:08 PM PDT

    Pinwheel is definitely a pretty easy boss. But he's not bad at all design wise. I liked his attacks and his character design, it was actually super cool. And it gave me a lot of relief and felt like a nice break from the super hard bosses, overall, 7.8/10 boss, design and attacks are cool, not too challenging, but worth getting through the catacombs for. And the rite of kindling, super useful. Best boss drop so far other than weapons

    submitted by /u/--TreeTreeTree--
    [link] [comments]

    Killed Smough and Ornstein, alone! (No humanity)

    Posted: 07 May 2021 03:59 AM PDT

    Smoking 💨 Now what?

    submitted by /u/sianamak
    [link] [comments]

    Which Souls has the best fashion sense?

    Posted: 07 May 2021 03:27 AM PDT

    Dark Souls 1

    Dark Souls 2

    Dark souls 3

    (By the way can someone teach me how to do votes?)

    submitted by /u/KroiCH
    [link] [comments]

    I invade low levels in Undead Parish...

    Posted: 06 May 2021 07:56 AM PDT

    And use my ability to blend in with the enemies to help open the Sunlight Altar shortcut.

    submitted by /u/Duncookie
    [link] [comments]

    Random fact: The cleric in Darkroot Garden is (or was) one of Gwynevere's maidens

    Posted: 06 May 2021 12:10 PM PDT

    Some weeks ago I noticed that she casts Soothing Sunlight to heal herself and the nearby Forest Hunters, and according to the miracle's description, it's a special miracle granted to Gwynevere's maidens.

    And, yes, it's a short-haired woman, not a man. Can't believe I had to create a short-haired female character to notice that...

    submitted by /u/gstvbrt
    [link] [comments]

    Warning! Vagrant in the Undead Parish! DSR on PC

    Posted: 07 May 2021 03:45 AM PDT

    I know it's there. It's a creation of my own hubris. I just lost 50k souls and 20 humanity when the Black Knight yeeted (yote?) me off the top of the tower with his ugly Greatsword that I totally didn't even want anyway.

    Avenge me!

    submitted by /u/BadgerBadgerer
    [link] [comments]

    I beat the Iron Golem first try and then lost all 50,000 souls I had, but Anor Londo is pretty damn cool.

    Posted: 06 May 2021 07:02 PM PDT

    https://imgur.com/gallery/ZnGMoCQ

    I lost so many souls im so mad rn, this view is the only thing keeping me sane rn

    submitted by /u/--TreeTreeTree--
    [link] [comments]

    Miyazaki is a Dio fan or Dio is a Dark souls enjoyer

    Posted: 06 May 2021 01:13 PM PDT

    Did I fuck up Solaires quest?

    Posted: 06 May 2021 08:57 PM PDT

    So im trying to summon Solaire for the centipede demon but the sign is not showing up, earlier I opened the short cut and went through to izalith without killing the centipede demon and killed the bed of chaos, but now Solaire has not shown up at the short cut and is locked at the sunlight alter. Did I fuck up the quest?

    submitted by /u/SpaserCat
    [link] [comments]

    What Am I Doing Wrong?

    Posted: 06 May 2021 07:37 PM PDT

    So for the past 3-4 hours straight I've been trying to beat Gwyn for the first time, and I've heard many times that the best way to beat him is to parry him, But despite my constant practice I have not successfully parried and riposted him once, whenever I can pull off a parry (which almost never happens for me) it doesn't let me riposte so I just end up slapping him with my sword. What am I doing wrong? Should I even bother parrying in the first place?

    submitted by /u/SpaserCat
    [link] [comments]

    Is It Dishonorable To Summon Solaire during a boss fight?

    Posted: 07 May 2021 03:04 AM PDT

    When I came across the 2 gargoyle boss fight, I struggled a lot, I can only get them to half health before being scorched to death by their fiery breath move, but then, I decided to summon Solaire and we pulverized them to ashes within less than a minute, it was the most one sided fight in my dark souls experience, idk guys, would summoning solaire to do my dirty work ruin the entire premise of dark souls? Isn't the whole game about suffering and overcoming tough trials? In this boss fight, I didn't have to suffer at all, it feels really dishonorable and unrewarding, and knowing that i can summon Solaire for every boss fight then what is the point of playing?

    submitted by /u/Hadouken_Dazs
    [link] [comments]

    Improves Estus Flask? Sure let me just consume them!

    Posted: 06 May 2021 01:28 PM PDT

    Wait…. Why does every youtuber have Estus Flask+…. and mine doesn't? furious googling

    Ahhh… well at least I have 15 humanity now. Hope I didn't fuck my entire run

    submitted by /u/theonlynyse
    [link] [comments]

    Dark souls merch??

    Posted: 06 May 2021 06:04 PM PDT

    Hi guys, I want to buy some ds merch but I can't seem to find a wide variety of things, does anyone knows a site where I can get some good stuff??

    submitted by /u/Wolf-Knight_Artorias
    [link] [comments]

    Silly skeletons

    Posted: 06 May 2021 01:29 PM PDT

    Finally after all these years I've decided to give dark souls a chance. These stupid rickety bastards keep absolutely wrecking me. Gotta find another way round I suppose, I killed the first boss easily first try but can't get passed these things for the life of me. Thinking of singling them out and taking them one by one if I can.

    submitted by /u/BOS2281
    [link] [comments]

    Need help in blightown

    Posted: 07 May 2021 01:16 AM PDT

    Hi, i am new to the game and rly f... up. My weapon broke in blighttown since i ignored this mechanic. Have no repairstuff nothing. All my other weapons are too weak and i cant progress any further. I do know u can go to firelink somehow but i cant defeat the enemys with my basic stuff. Any tips? Or can somebody put a summon sign? Im rly stuck there learning the hard way about the repair mechanic

    submitted by /u/baszi
    [link] [comments]

    Is the last boss supposed to be that easy?

    Posted: 06 May 2021 05:27 PM PDT

    Hi, first time posting on Reddit.

    I'm not bragging or anything, just unwinding, I just finished my first run on the game and had some problem with some bosses as anyone, damn, the DLC bosses almost made me go hollow. I've been farming the Kiln of the First Flame for 2 days to upgrade my weapons for the trophies and preparing myself psychologically for Gwynn. I became human, summoned sun bro and beat Gwynn on my first try, he not even hit me!!!

    Well, on my way to the platinum.

    submitted by /u/explorer_dad
    [link] [comments]

    My experience with Blighttown

    Posted: 06 May 2021 10:57 AM PDT

    My god, what an area. The enemies were so damn fun to fight, the atmosphere was breathtaking, and the level itself had such a unique mechanic, forcing you to jump from platform to platform! Why do I say this? Because I am in denial and I'm constantly trying to force myself to forget it. I am in constant pain now.

    4/10 not as bad as first playthrough Farron Keep

    submitted by /u/Speeda2
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment