• Breaking News

    Friday, May 7, 2021

    Dark Souls 2 Weekly General Discussion Thread (May 07, 2021)

    Dark Souls 2 Weekly General Discussion Thread (May 07, 2021)


    Weekly General Discussion Thread (May 07, 2021)

    Posted: 07 May 2021 09:00 AM PDT

    Welcome to the weekly general discussion thread! This thread is for the community to discuss whatever is on their mind (whether it is Dark Souls 2 related or not).

    Have a question that you've been meaning to ask but haven't gotten around to making a post yet? Something on your mind you want to discuss? Playing a game that you think others would like? Comment away! All we ask is that you are respectful of each other, and have fun!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Some days are just like that:(

    Posted: 07 May 2021 08:33 AM PDT

    I don't think anyone will deny this game is beautiful!

    Posted: 07 May 2021 12:34 AM PDT

    “I’ll tear you limb from limb!”

    Posted: 07 May 2021 01:18 AM PDT

    My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

    Posted: 07 May 2021 07:27 AM PDT

    I completed my first run yesterday! :D had to put on the darkwraith mask for style points

    Posted: 07 May 2021 07:10 AM PDT

    My dog is addicted too

    Posted: 06 May 2021 06:47 PM PDT

    Alonne was significantly tougher than Fume Knight. Not least of all because of the run up.

    Posted: 07 May 2021 04:26 AM PDT

    To the hacker named "no one loves me" who keeps insta-crashing the game.

    Posted: 07 May 2021 06:22 AM PDT

    no one loves you for hacking, go someplace else so the rest of us can love this old and wonderful game.

    thats all.

    submitted by /u/Silevence
    [link] [comments]

    TIL that Maldron has drops

    Posted: 07 May 2021 01:14 PM PDT

    So...I just beat Velstadt on my first try...

    Posted: 07 May 2021 10:31 AM PDT

    Title really says it all...I was in the undead crypt dealing with the ganks, then I see the fog wall and make my way past the gankers only to come across Velstadt.

    I'd seen a few videos saying that he's one of the harder bosses in Dark Souls 2...but honestly I was surprised I beat him. While I will say that I had no shame in using a 100 phys shield and +10 Rapier and that it can trivialize bosses, but truthfully didn't matter too much as I just dodged a lot of his attacks. And even then I barely used any estus or life gems.

    I know dark souls is relative for everyone, and that some bosses you take the struggle bus hard and others you just breeze through, but really he's not all that bad. Idk if I'm just that good or over leveled considering I'm about SL 130ish. It seems like with a lot of bosses in DS2, they really aren't all that hard they usually just have some sort of gimmick to them that's pretty easy to figure out.

    So Idk if I just got really luck with the RNG or if I just out played him...at least for now.

    submitted by /u/DexxToress
    [link] [comments]

    Immediately after getting Catarina set pieces.

    Posted: 07 May 2021 02:02 PM PDT

    favorite boss for aesthetic purposes?

    Posted: 07 May 2021 09:33 AM PDT

    mine is the looking glass knight.

    submitted by /u/purple-flurpp
    [link] [comments]

    Question about bosses

    Posted: 07 May 2021 11:53 AM PDT

    So I have a question that's been bugging me for a while. A lot of criticism about DS2 I hear is that there are too many knights in armour with a weapon. There are two things that I have to say on this topic.

    1. There aren't as many as people like to make out. There are 12... out of 41 bosses. That is not "too many".

    2. What do people actually dislike about those bosses? Is it the aesthetic or is it the moveset? Because in my honest opinion, they are the fights that aesthetically look the best. And if it's moveset, well in Dark Souls there are more than just 3. All 3 Stray Demons fight very similarly to Velstadt. Taurus Demon and Capra Demon both fight like knights would. In that case, proportionately, there are a lot more of that style of fight in Dark Souls than Dark Souls 2.

    Let me know your opinion on the matter.

    submitted by /u/spicyginger123
    [link] [comments]

    Tips for new DS2 player?

    Posted: 07 May 2021 09:15 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    I am on my second attempt at playing dark souls 2, I gave up the first time.

    I'm a seasoned souls player with close to a 1000 hours in ds3 and a platinum in both it, and bloodborne. Ive also played demon souls (ps3) off and on since 2009.

    I say this because I want it known I have had a LOT of prior experience in the souls/borne series.

    However, I cannot, for the life of me, get the timing and combat of ds2 down. Everything seems so sluggish, and I constantly take damage when rolling.

    I would really appreciate it if you all provide me with tips and tricks to improve!

    submitted by /u/Sir_Baudric
    [link] [comments]

    New player coming from dark souls 1

    Posted: 07 May 2021 02:43 PM PDT

    what are some key difference or changes that i need to know, i dont plan on playing multiplayer

    submitted by /u/Vene-Yair
    [link] [comments]

    Help me with my fashion souls!

    Posted: 07 May 2021 02:42 PM PDT

    I'm doing this dumb build where I use a basic raw longsword, but swap between every magic buff in the game.

    Someone who's more familiar with DS2 please help me come up with a cool fashion souls for this build. I'm going for a sort of light armor magic knight aesthetic, with or without helmet are fine.

    submitted by /u/TheMartyred
    [link] [comments]

    Blue Sentinals Ranks

    Posted: 07 May 2021 02:02 PM PDT

    I was going on fextralife wiki and saw that I need 500 victories to get max covenant rank. Since fextra can be pretty shit, I'm wondering if it's actually 500 victories.

    submitted by /u/Acceptable_Ad421
    [link] [comments]

    PT-BR Live de Dark Souls 2

    Posted: 07 May 2021 01:56 PM PDT

    Fala rapaziada br! to fazendo uma stream MONSTER de dark souls 2, estamos tentando matar o dragãozão, que me countera um pouco, pois ele voa e solta fogo, coisas que Diogão tem dificuldade contra. Sexta feira sem fazer nada? triste? sozinho? vem ser triste comigo! Cola no link aqui!

    submitted by /u/divalle2
    [link] [comments]

    Sounds like someone's having fun in the coffin.

    Posted: 07 May 2021 01:30 PM PDT

    Can I plase get some solid information of the "smith for life" achievement?

    Posted: 07 May 2021 01:28 PM PDT

    Im on PS3 and I've seen conflicting reports about how to inherit steady hand mcduff's equiptment.

    Some people say that buying stuff from him matters and some people say that it has nothing to do with the achievement. Some people say that you need to spenda certain amount reinforcing stuff and some other people same different amounts.

    Can I please get the definitive answer on what I need to do.

    submitted by /u/syntaxGarden
    [link] [comments]

    Boss ballista

    Posted: 07 May 2021 09:25 AM PDT

    Is there any boss that gives a crossbow with the soul ? Because i just started a crossbow only run

    Edit: crossbow not ballista

    submitted by /u/5goats
    [link] [comments]

    What weapons would you recommend for up until Ashen Warrior SS

    Posted: 07 May 2021 09:04 AM PDT

    So I recently was able to get back into the game after having my first child (she's 4 months old now), and I found that I had Friday mornings to devote a little bit of time to the game. I decided I would try a dual ashen warrior straight sword build, but none of my characters are anywhere close to unlocking that DLC. They are also not geared up with the correct stats in order to fully maximize on said build. I started a swordsman because that has the most efficient stat spread for this, and I'm wondering what weapons would be worth my time to use/upgrade until I get my dual wield AWSS

    submitted by /u/The_Hardroad
    [link] [comments]

    Finding it difficult to enjoy this game.

    Posted: 07 May 2021 06:06 AM PDT

    Hey there.

    So a bit of background, I've played every single souls game and now I thought to myself: it's time to finally try dark souls 2...

    I tried my best to enjoy it but... I just can't, I don't hate it but I certainly don't like it either.

    The bosses so far have been pretty generic, and the constant ganks are a bit annoying but alright, everything so far has been.. pretty average really.

    I'm level 74 and I'll assume I'm at least halfway thru the game by now and have yet to find anything that makes the game seem more than just average.

    So I'm just wondering, does the game get any better past the halfway point? Or maybe this game isn't for me and I should just drop it.

    submitted by /u/YouCanHideYourFears
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment