• Breaking News

    Monday, May 10, 2021

    Dark Souls I finally broke through "the wall" and actually get Dark Souls now!

    Dark Souls I finally broke through "the wall" and actually get Dark Souls now!


    I finally broke through "the wall" and actually get Dark Souls now!

    Posted: 10 May 2021 01:17 AM PDT

    For a long time Dark Souls was one of those games I had in my library that I would try to play, bash my head against the Bell Gargoyles then quit. I decided to try it again after I watched Hbomberguy's video on DS2, expressly trying to use the shield as little as possible and everything just kind of clicked.

    My most advanced save I had before was 6 hours in and I still hadn't beaten the Bell Gargoyles, but on this run at the same time I've beaten the Gargoyles, Capra Demon (honestly don't get why people hate it so much), and the Moonlight Butterfly (it sucked finding out afterwards that I didn't have to kill it, I felt bad the whole time). The feeling of reward I get when actually managing to kill a boss is something I haven't felt in a game for so long, and I'm loving it now. Also the feeling of knowing nothing, being a stranger in a world full of deep history and unimaginable forces is something that intrigues me greatly.

    I'm probably gonna get my ass kicked later on because I am trying to be as blind as possible on this run, my Drake Sword seems to be handling everything pretty well so far though.

    Not really a point to this post, just wanted to gush about it since I have no one irl to talk Dark Souls with. If you have any tips for what I should do, I would appreciate it though.

    submitted by /u/AlienatedAndConfused
    [link] [comments]

    The Ash Lake looks absolutely stunning!

    Posted: 09 May 2021 06:45 AM PDT

    I'm a record holder for the longest lasting bossfight in the entirety of the dark souls series.

    Posted: 09 May 2021 08:19 AM PDT

    Premise of the kill was to use the most un-usable weapon in the 3 games. Just felt like telling somebody. My fight lasted 13 hours. Dare anybody to break my record? No cheesing it allowed (means you can't just run around the arena and then finish off the boss in 5 seconds). Former record was yartrigs's with 9 hours of ornstein and smough. I did midir on ng+7 with the lowest possible attack power that is achieveable and without the riposte which lenghtened the fight even longer.

    Edit

    https://youtu.be/GJ9XnpVxYRo yartrigs's o&s, 9 hours

    https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyzfAbU1mkMBjosBDS9YtWBtYgiFLb_7U

    Playlist here i guess since people seem to some what care about this non-sense.

    I broke yartrigs's record. Why 2 vods? Stream crashed :s

    Third place Sinderice_ (Gathrik) a french player. Gael lowest ar, 6 hours.

    https://www.twitch.tv/sinderice_/v/1011781927?sr=a&t=21780s

    submitted by /u/jowit2
    [link] [comments]

    Made it to anor londo!!

    Posted: 09 May 2021 09:24 PM PDT

    Finally beat sens fortress! Im in anor londo and wondering if i should use a fire keeper soul to reinforce my estus flask. And also how to get the lordvessel.

    submitted by /u/chunkyfunkee
    [link] [comments]

    What Ever it Takes: How I Saved the Third Bonfire in Anor Londo Just in Time

    Posted: 09 May 2021 10:59 PM PDT

    "Every day, over nine thousand people attempt to bypass Greatbow Knight security in Anor Londo." - Michael Bay

    At some point, everyone encounters a situation requiring a split-second decision. In that moment, their action or inaction will have consequences for years to come. For me, today was that day.

    I first noticed something was wrong when the Bat Wing Demons weren't on their higher platform, nor were they down with me on the lower level just beneath the narrow walkway before the Greatbow Knights' guard post.

    When I looked to the right, I saw something that will stay with me for the rest of my life. A figure wearing a robe standing beside the corpse of one of our fair knights.

    They made a break for the bonfire, I didn't know what do do, I just reacted. Barreling across the narrow catwalk, I followed them to the fog wall in time to see them enter. They made it through the door to the bonfire and my heart was in my throat.

    I burst through the entryway and saw them making a mad dash for the bonfire, only to see myself chase them down and start beating them into a fine paste with my greatclub that is the Chaos Zweihander.

    But then I saw the bonfire, and realized by some miracle it had not yet been lit. Time stopped for a moment, and when I came-to I realized that I had been indicted. But you know what? I don't regret anything I've done.

    What ever it takes, I'll go to any extreme to defend this peaceful city.

    submitted by /u/AnorLondo69
    [link] [comments]

    Finally got the Balder Side Sword!!!

    Posted: 09 May 2021 04:03 PM PDT

    After hours of grinding Balder Knights at Sens, I finally got it to drop.

    Here are my total other drops.

    6 Balder Helms

    4 Balder Armor

    8 Balder Gauntlets

    10 Balder Leggings

    68 Titanite Shards

    8 Large Titanite Shards

    Started with 10 Humanity and ended with 20.

    I hope it was worth it for my Faith/Dex build. So excited to use it!

    submitted by /u/Uniformal_Curve
    [link] [comments]

    Someone finally brought the OG bonfire into Remastered

    Posted: 09 May 2021 06:13 PM PDT

    Hi, I have been using the claymore the entire play through and I’ve acquired the black knight halberd from the black knight at the entrance to the final boss. I have the necessary stats but when I swing it my guy seems to really take a second before I can do anything else.

    Posted: 10 May 2021 03:01 AM PDT

    I've looked up some videos of people using halberds and it seems faster It's the same way with scythes, hammers, axes, etc. I've beaten bloodborne and dark souls 3 and I haven't encountered something like this Help?

    submitted by /u/Contreraz04
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any boss in the souls series, that you simply refuse to fight the intended way?

    Posted: 09 May 2021 08:27 AM PDT

    For me it's the Capra demon. I refuse to fight that asshole in his 2x2 arena.

    When I get to him I throw shit over the wall and wait until poison finishes, because that is what that piece of crap deserves.

    submitted by /u/Capiteyn
    [link] [comments]

    How many hours on your first Blind playtriugh without guides?

    Posted: 10 May 2021 01:46 AM PDT

    Just wondering. I went trough in 70 hours total, without guides.

    A friend who knows this game from Playstation times told me i am a cheater on various occasions (for example i went to the catacombs with a divine sword by coincidence because i only had claymore and only divine ember, didnt know there were more embers at that time.. he basically spoilered me that divine swords keep skeletons dead).

    the fighting system is easy to master, block, perry and hit, backstab, roll, let go of shield to replenish stamina faster, cut off tails give you weapons..

    i took notes on every place i got stuck and visited another place i was stuck before when i got stuck on a new place.. eventually i beat the game with 15/41 achievements. pretty sure i missed half of the game. however the last boss before the game ended was so easy, and of course my friend was watching triugh steam broadcast and he could not believe i finished the boss in less than 5 minutes, called me a cheater and unfriended me :/

    submitted by /u/bu72
    [link] [comments]

    So I found out about the dark souls board game...

    Posted: 10 May 2021 03:49 AM PDT

    Thought I would post here since the subreddit for it has 400 members and has been inactive for a year.

    I've done a lot of research. The consensus I hear is that it's a brutal game, and not in a fun way. However with careful implementation of fan-favorite house rules it can be very good.

    So I've been trying to get the game and a few of its expansions. It's expensive as hell, and now some expansions are very hard to find. I've resolved to buy a couple of the expansions that are jumping in price/getting rare first, and when I have the money actually buy the core game.

    Anyone played it? Am I crazy for wasting money on a dead, broken game? I can't help but be excited about it.

    submitted by /u/Esper01
    [link] [comments]

    Any Switch players willing to help me with O&S on NG+?

    Posted: 09 May 2021 05:15 PM PDT

    I'm aiming to kill Ornstien first because I already have his armor, can anyone help me real quick by placing down a summon sign near where the fire keeper in Anor Londo is? (Or where Solaire is in Anor Londo, that works too.)

    submitted by /u/Cantifreezy
    [link] [comments]

    Finished my first enemy randomizer run

    Posted: 09 May 2021 05:29 PM PDT

    I just finished my first game with enemy randomizer (I also randomized the items because why not). I didn't want to make the game totally nuts so I chose the option to randomize mobs with mobs and bosses with bosses, just so I wouldn't have to fight hordes of bosses at random locations. And just like my first item randomizer run, I kinda messed up by choosing the "fully random" option. I give the experience a 6/10.

    If you've played a whole bunch of DS and want something fresh or if you're a masochist looking for a challenge it's worth it, but it had lots of issues. First the good stuff

    1. It gives you back a real sense of mystery and unease. You have no idea how difficult each area will be which makes exploration exciting. Combined with item randomizer this makes your pathing even more bizarre.
    2. Along the same lines, certain shortcuts become extremely hazardous, while some deathtraps become a cakewalk, which feels very fresh. The painted world was a stark contrast: phalanx is terrifying, a huge swarm of different enemies in a small area, totally unmanageable unless you can kite them away; whereas the basement becomes trivial since the small corridors let you fight enemies one at a time and I happened to not get any bonewheels.
    3. The boss fights are a highlight. O&S were Sanctuary Guardian and Asylum Demon, then second phase the Sanctuary Guardian became Centipede Demon. My "Four Kings" was Sif and Capra. Very interesting fights.

    However, overall the issues were more significant

    1. Prepare for lots of jank. Many enemies have broken AI or spawn outside of the map, trivializing certain areas. After beating Bed of Chaos (a bell tower gargoyle), the game let me rest at the bonfire but then bugged out and wouldn't let me use it again, trapping me there. I had to use CheatEngine to reset my last bonfire.
    2. The fully random option was not great, since it means a puny undead mob is just as common as a chained prisoner (the enemy that there is normally only one of and is essentially a miniboss in the DLC) and it also means that each area loses its distinctive flavor. It honestly feels like every single area in the game for me had 1 serpent man, 1 necromancer, 1 chained prisoner, 1 crystal golem, 1 black knight. It made the game boring because everything started to blend together.
    3. The general effect of full random is that the early game becomes really, really hard, but the late game becomes easy. It took me ages to ring the first bell, and undead burg in particular was a nightmare. The early bosses are generally challenging too, like fighting Sanctuary Guardian instead of Quelaag. But in the late game it swings the other way, because areas that are supposed to be full of tough enemies are now 50% chumps, and many of the epic boss fights are replaced by early bosses that can barely hurt you. Definitely not as satisfying to win.
    4. It makes you appreciate how well the enemy designs fit their areas, because quite often the gameplay suffers when they get mismatched. Most bosses don't fare that well in the wrong arena, or when not paired with their usual counterparts. Fighting normal Ornstein or normal Smough without the other is really easy it turns out. Nito without his infinitely resurrecting skeletons is really easy.

    If I could do it again I would definitely choose the difficulty curve option to make the game more interesting, though I suspect the mod would still have a lot of its jank due to broken AI and weird enemy combinations. Maybe I'll come back to this one day, but for now I'm really looking forward to my next playthrough having normal enemies again.

    submitted by /u/larikang
    [link] [comments]

    The Dark Knight Halberd is easy mode.

    Posted: 09 May 2021 04:05 PM PDT

    If you get this drop early, it makes the game a complete joke. This plus having to only upgrade 5 times makes this the best PvE weapon in my opinion, by far.

    submitted by /u/SirHuntorias
    [link] [comments]

    Remastered Co op

    Posted: 09 May 2021 09:22 PM PDT

    Thinking of our friend group getting dark souls remastered for ps4 but how easy is it to set up?

    How does co op compare to solo mode?

    submitted by /u/xXArchusXx
    [link] [comments]

    I started my first ever run of this on stream today and my fight with taurus demon ended rather unexpectedly ��

    Posted: 09 May 2021 06:23 PM PDT

    lil glitch to save slabs when upgrading for achievements

    Posted: 09 May 2021 02:58 PM PDT

    I upped the lightning spear from sen's fortress to +5 to get the achievement, but I force closed the game right after it popped up while I was still in the upgrade menu. upon reloading, I still had my +4 and my slab, but the achievement was unlocked. I'm sure this has been posted but I thought it might help someone. nice to not have to waste a slab.

    submitted by /u/poobicus
    [link] [comments]

    Ornstein weakness

    Posted: 10 May 2021 12:57 AM PDT

    To what Orny is weak against? I alteady know that Smough is weak to lightning

    submitted by /u/The_R3venant
    [link] [comments]

    Starting as human?

    Posted: 09 May 2021 11:59 PM PDT

    This has happened several times, where I start a new game and I'm human from the start, and when I die I don't become hollow either, no matter how much I die.

    submitted by /u/LettuceBenis
    [link] [comments]

    I've beaten artorias the abbyswalker let's goo!!!

    Posted: 09 May 2021 07:38 AM PDT

    Solaire is missing

    Posted: 09 May 2021 05:38 PM PDT

    Oi arrived at Anor Londo. The Bonfire in the Cathedral/Castle and Solaire is nowhere to find, but his summon sign is still there. Where is he? I didn't kill him.

    submitted by /u/HUE_Z3r0
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment