• Breaking News

    Wednesday, May 12, 2021

    Dark Souls 2 I just love co-op! Do you?

    Dark Souls 2 I just love co-op! Do you?


    I just love co-op! Do you?

    Posted: 12 May 2021 09:19 AM PDT

    How can you get the highest possible Dark melee damage?

    Posted: 12 May 2021 09:11 AM PDT

    Nashandra Metal Cover

    Posted: 12 May 2021 09:29 AM PDT

    Beat Velstadt on the first try

    Posted: 12 May 2021 11:40 AM PDT

    So uh...Velstadt was supposed to be hard?

    I got hit by his dark orbs once and got hit by his hammer from mistimed strafes and dodging...

    Challenging yes. But not overtly punishing.

    Had to drain my estus a bit but he was quite a fun fight. Good stuff.

    submitted by /u/shawnraven666
    [link] [comments]

    Finally beat this grumpy asshole and was so happy I screamed

    Posted: 11 May 2021 05:02 PM PDT

    Dark Souls is the only franchise where I don't mind giving myself spoilers.

    Posted: 12 May 2021 11:53 AM PDT

    It's true. I've only played 2 in its entirety, but I know the lore(well, at least most of it) of all three games because of how often I watch VaatiVidya's videos.

    In other games, I'd think twice before doing so, but Dark Souls is famously obscure and cryptic in its lore...and there's a great deal of it. Once you start digging, you can't stop. Despite only having played Dark Souls 1 up until the Gaping Dragon, and never having touched Dark Souls 3, I'm familiar with Gael and the nature of the Curse. When you consider the lore of the series as a whole, and realise how enchanting and yet mysterious it is(because there are still some unanswered questions) you don't feel guilty about the spoilers. At least, I don't.

    Also, I've never understood why people consider Dark Souls II to be separate from the canon. Really, how much evidence do you need? People who don't like II don't limit their opinion to that of mere dislike: it's always hatred. "Dark Souls III is better, it directly continued the story from I". Well, yes, but Dark Souls isn't a series about places. It's about a curse. If you don't like Dark Souls II, that's fine. It's subjective. But doubting its position as a part of the series as whole just on the basis of your dislike for the game is...just silly.

    And I love Dark Souls II. Granted, I've played neither the original nor III, but I think this one is close to my heart simply because I played it first. It's amazing. I love everything about. Of course, it still makes me want to cry sometimes, but I love this game.

    submitted by /u/deltahawk15
    [link] [comments]

    Does SOTFS affect DLCs or just the base game?

    Posted: 12 May 2021 11:43 AM PDT

    I didn't play the DLCs when they came out so I'm wondering if there's actually a different between scholar enemy placements and vanilla.

    submitted by /u/Zerganator
    [link] [comments]

    Is upgrading armour worth it?

    Posted: 12 May 2021 11:40 AM PDT

    Is it? I have a lot of armour sets, with a decided preference of some of them. But while upgrading weapons is almost necessary, and to be expected, can the same be said for armour? Or would it be a complete waste of titanite?

    I know that people have beaten the game naked with their bare fists. Therefore, you don't really "need" to do anything. However, I'm not as skilled as them, and if I can do anything to tip the scales in my favour, I will.

    So, should I upgrade my armour?

    submitted by /u/deltahawk15
    [link] [comments]

    Help me like Dark Souls 2

    Posted: 12 May 2021 11:20 AM PDT

    My first FromSoft game was Bloodborne, took me a while to figure out the mechanics but I managed to finish the game in about a month.

    I decided to pick up DS2 shortly after but really struggled with how slow and clunky it felt and gave up with it , at the time I had money to burn so thought I'd try DS3 since it was the newest game ( thought it might be similar to Bloodborne) finished the game with no problems.

    Tried 2 again and again, different builds and strategies ( you guys know the score ) still couldn't get on well with it. My best save is my faith build character that I've managed to get to the shrine of Amana .

    I got DS remastered a few weeks ago and once again didn't have too much trouble, finished the game and well on my way to finishing NG+.

    What is it about 2 that's so different from the rest? It just feels off and I can't out my finger on it.

    submitted by /u/Gods_Grandad
    [link] [comments]

    TIPS FOR NEW PLAYER AT DS2

    Posted: 12 May 2021 10:36 AM PDT

    Hey guys,

    I just finished DS1 and DS3 and I am starting DS2 with a Cleric build (faith and strength).

    What tips and advice can you give me to have an amazing journey trough this game?

    (Please don't say spoilers)

    Thank you all.

    submitted by /u/ALAMIRION
    [link] [comments]

    (PS4) twin princes

    Posted: 12 May 2021 01:59 PM PDT

    My first attempt at combining Armors. FASHION SOULS!

    Posted: 12 May 2021 10:10 AM PDT

    Having trouble with summoning

    Posted: 12 May 2021 01:51 PM PDT

    My friend (PS5) and I (PS4) are trying to play through SOTFS. We are both the same soul levels, same soul memory, both of us are in no covenant, we have the name engraved ring with same god and both human. My friend is able to see my sign the instant I put it down and summon me but I have yet to see his sign once in this play through. We have tried it in multiple areas and it's always the same outcome with him seeing my sign instantly and I don't see shit. Blows my mind how terrible this summoning system is...anyone have any clue what is wrong? Please don't say soul memory... that's literally what everyone says and we get it, that's not the issue.

    submitted by /u/Zealousideal-Ad-3393
    [link] [comments]

    That was challenging and fun (NG+5)

    Posted: 12 May 2021 03:42 AM PDT

    About to start DS2 - Recommendations?

    Posted: 12 May 2021 07:05 AM PDT

    I started my DS journey about a year ago with DS3, after it sat in my library for years (if I only knew what I was missing...).

    First playthrough as a Thief with a luck build and a hollow bandits knife, then started over with a second character wielding all the heavy stuff as a strength build .

    Now im just about to finish DS PTDE with a quality build (Furysword / Silver Knight Sword / BKS), so I'll probably start DS II in a bit.

    Any recommendation on what build to go for? Is it advisable to try something new right of the start? Or should I just go for the default Dex / Str / Quality approach for a first try? I Never really tried any 'magic' builds (Sorceries / Pyromancies / Miracles), since I wasn't fond of relying on finite focus points to dish out some damage). Would this be a good thing to try in DS2?

    I'm going in pretty much blind - watched some - mostly modded - gameplay vids) [[God bless Prod and Cookie, our lord and savior ]] - so I don't know anything about changes to mechanics or other new stuff.

    Any (spoiler-free) advice?

    submitted by /u/Speakerator
    [link] [comments]

    what are your top 5 soulsborne unpopular opinions

    Posted: 11 May 2021 11:25 PM PDT

    choose this sub because you guy seem to have the highest net braincells
    for me my top 5 are
    bloodborne is the worst by far (it was my first soulsborne game by the way)

    life gems are a fantastic mechanic that allows for more complex level and boss design

    ds1 is blatantly unfinished and the first half of he game being great does not make this remotely ok

    ds2 has the worst dlc of all the games

    ds3 is by far the worst balanced souls game

    leave your spicest takes below

    submitted by /u/dulledegde
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone wanna co-op the entire game here shortly? (XBOX)

    Posted: 12 May 2021 11:18 AM PDT

    I know the ins 'n outs dont ya worry :)

    submitted by /u/BigPastyBodonkadonk
    [link] [comments]

    The Pursuer

    Posted: 12 May 2021 02:30 AM PDT

    Anyone have any tips for beating the pursuser? I must've died about 10 times in a row last night, lol.

    I managed to fire off ONE ballista bolt before he destroyed both it and me. I can roll away from some of his attacks, but most do admitedly scythe through me mid-roll, or catch me in the side.
    I've tried parrying him, but parrying seems to be impossibly difficult.

    Any other tips I could try?

    submitted by /u/TiredNeedSleep
    [link] [comments]

    we do a little spinnin too

    Posted: 11 May 2021 03:27 PM PDT

    Do you need bonfire ascetic

    Posted: 12 May 2021 10:09 AM PDT

    Do you need bonfire ascetic to get southern ritual ring and the clear bluestone ring

    submitted by /u/sanic8470
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know whats up woth this, I think its a base for the stone columns In the architecture. But it's out of place for no reason. Normal bandi is super on point and everything has a place and is in its place for a reason

    Posted: 12 May 2021 04:07 AM PDT

    Can I just...

    Posted: 11 May 2021 07:05 PM PDT

    ...Say, thank you for making ds2 work almost flawlessly on Linux, now I can both bash commands AND noobs at the same time, lovely.

    Anyway, thanks to the Nameless Hero (Gothic reference I hope) for helping me rush through the forrest of one fallen giant. And if anyone is looking for either covenant farming or any kind of coop, hit me up, I have to do a few of those on my second steam account (SoFtS)

    submitted by /u/HoldingKnight
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment