• Breaking News

    Wednesday, May 5, 2021

    Dark Souls 2 I have fallen off too many ledges like this

    Dark Souls 2 I have fallen off too many ledges like this


    I have fallen off too many ledges like this

    Posted: 05 May 2021 06:31 AM PDT

    Drangleic Space Program

    Posted: 05 May 2021 08:47 AM PDT

    Anyone else kinda like the despawning enemies in DS2?

    Posted: 05 May 2021 10:14 AM PDT

    I think one of the things that makes DS2 good is the fact that when you kill an enemy enough times, it just stops spawning (The Magic number being around 15). I get that it's kinda a troll saying "We'll take pity on you." but in some degrees I cannot stress how arduous it is getting from an area's one or few bonfires, to the one or two "bosses" in the area.

    The smelter demon, for example, while technically one of the "harder" bosses of DS2 is a royal bitch to get to because the bonfire you do get is at the start of the area, and you have to go through like 20 mobs ala Anor Londo style except with 100% more weeb, and 200% less fun then the original.

    The Smelter Demon himself only took me 7 tries to beat (Large for DS2, but average for something like Sekiro or DS3), but I will shamelessly say, that I farmed all of the enemies in that area into oblivion so I didn't have to deal with their bullshit. I'm glad Miyazaki took back control over DS3, BB, and Sekiro, because apparently this director thought that gank fights and traps meant a more harder game, and boy does DS2 love it's traps and gank fights.

    I've died more to them, then I have at any other souls game. I'm a guy who doesn't really like or need to farm stuff unless I absolutely have too, and technically speaking this means that there is a finite amount of souls you can acquire in the game. I like this idea for the most part, as it definitely gets rid of the mind numbing tedium of running past or killing all the enemies in your just to get to the boss to get one-shotted and retry the area again.

    It honestly seems to be part of the methodology of the game itself. The more enemies before the bonfire, the easier the boss (relatively speaking). or the shorter the distance, the harder the boss. And while removing some of the "challenge" that comes with running up to the boss makes the game easier, I'd honestly argue that it makes the game more barable, and that your actually learning.

    I can tell you when I killed all 20ish enemies in the Iron Keep bonfire, it made the run up to the smelter demon much more tolerable and I didn't rage nearly as much if at all when I fought him, compared to how infurated I would have been if I had to spend 10+ just getting SAFELY to the boss, only to get one-bo-comboed into an early hollowing. At least then I know it's just a relatively short run-up to the boss.

    Anyone else onboard with this mechanic or is it just me?

    submitted by /u/DexxToress
    [link] [comments]

    I can’t be the only one who thinks fume knight is easier than sir alonne?

    Posted: 05 May 2021 07:40 AM PDT

    Personally I find alonne's attacks to be harder to dodge compared to fume knights as he seems a lot more clunkier in my opinion. Sir alonnes fast paced fighting style just seems to throw me off. I can't be the only one who thinks this.

    submitted by /u/truckie101
    [link] [comments]

    Fume Knight - SL1, NG+7, Covenant Of Champions, Fists Only (No Vanquisher's Seal)

    Posted: 05 May 2021 10:26 AM PDT

    This is Two Punch Boi and he'll powerstance caestus. If you're a sinner watchout, Mr. Punch will punish you.

    Posted: 05 May 2021 12:54 PM PDT

    Frigid Outskirts gave me one of the most memorable moments in my blind playthrough

    Posted: 05 May 2021 02:57 AM PDT

    I'm going through the DLC on my first DS2 playthough, and finally got to the much feared Frigid Outskirts. I was going in pretty much blind, only recognizing the name from a few horror stories I've read here - tales of awful ganks, long runbacks to the boss, etc. - so I prepared for the worst.

    The first and second attempts to make progress went as well as you'd expect - running around completely lost in the blizzard until a horse ran over me and zapped me to death.

    On my third try, I smarted up. Summoned both phantoms, equiped all the healing and buffs I could put on my belt, and advanced slowly and carefully through the snow, using the sun as a compass. It was going reasonably well. Vengarl is a beast, and the cleric lady was helpful too. The horses were being put down at a steady pace, and progress was being made. However, when we were getting near the ice bridge, three freaking horses ambushed my party almost at the same time. Being already at 1/2 health, Vengarl didn't make it (your sacrifice won't be forgotten. In my head canon, that's how he lost his head), and the cleric soon followed him. Knowing I couldn't face them on my own, I jumped to the bridge and ran as fast as I could. I didn't know what awaited me on the other side, but it couldn't be worse than what was chasing me. When I saw the fog wall, I figured that was Lud and Zallen's gate (at the time I only knew the bosses' names, thinking it would be a O&S-type fight) and that I was surely going to die, but at least I could get a feel for the boss fight before coming back.

    I went in with zero expectations to come out alive. But then I saw that the first one to come out was an Aava reskin. "Wait a second, Aava wasn't thaaaat hard. What the hell, let's have an honest go at it!"

    I then proceeded to get Lud (or Zallen, no idea which is which) to about 1/3 hp before the second one jumped in. I still don't know how, but I managed to kill the first beast. Now I was really shaking, because there was a chance I could do this first try and never would have to step in that damned blizzard again. Then halfway through the fight my greatsword broke and I had to finish with my backup longsword but I did it, beat Lud and Zallen blind!

    Hope you're both proud, Vengarl and lightning lady whose-name-I-never-got, your death was not in vain.

    I will forever love Souls games for moments like this, where I manage to just barely survive consecutive near death encounters in unknown territory, in a way that almost feels like a scripted set-piece due to how perfectly every event flows into the next, except everything is player-dependent.

    TL;DR went into Frigid Outskirts blind, thinking I was going to be miserable for the next hour. Ended up beating Lud and Zallen on my first try and having one of the most memorable experiences in my DS2 playthrough.

    submitted by /u/Lavitz_Lives
    [link] [comments]

    I’ve beaten the game!

    Posted: 05 May 2021 08:22 AM PDT

    Didn't think I could do it. I died 2-3 times on throne watcher and defender and bought their armor because I like it. Level 140 character and took me 55 hours. Don't don't have an image but I have a video but I don't want to post it because my sister is in it

    submitted by /u/nothingunusalhere
    [link] [comments]

    Glad to see active community

    Posted: 05 May 2021 09:25 AM PDT

    My brother went and bought dark souls II and III, so i logged in to help him. fuck if i didn't swap my hard drive over christmas and get rid of my old one. New character for me (bummer) But I'm so excited that the reddit community is active, if i'm not online he will have a chance to get help from sunbros and stuff. That's nice. Any suggestions or advice, or other subreddits i should know about?

    submitted by /u/Round2readyGO
    [link] [comments]

    Should I buy it?

    Posted: 05 May 2021 12:59 PM PDT

    I know it's probably stupid since I'm posting it in a reddit for Ds2 but I absolutely loved ds3 and really want more from the series (I'm kind of addicted now). Ds2 sotfs is also much cheaper then Ds remastered and Demon souls. (20 euro so 40 less then Ds remaster and 60 less then Demon) I've also heard its much longer with more bosses. Everything I've heard is very 50/50. Either it's a masterpiece or a disgrace with clunky hit boxes. Should I play it or get Ds remaster then play it?

    submitted by /u/bamb1in0
    [link] [comments]

    First time ds2sotfs rate my build pls

    Posted: 05 May 2021 12:50 PM PDT

    played ds1 and remnant from the ashes before this so no stranger to souls like games

    Lv 219
    Vgr 50
    End 50
    Vit 21
    Atn 7
    Str 40
    Dex 12
    Adp 35
    Int 5
    Fth 52

    Weapons Defender gs lightning 5+ and heide knight sword lightning +10 if weapon breaks.

    Armor full Heide set + Heide iron mask all +10

    Rings Third dragon, lightning clutch ring, Chlorathy +2, Ring of blades +2

    Bracing knuckle ring +2 for drawn out pve and Blossom kite shield on back for stamina regen.

    Pls rate how good and - or bad

    submitted by /u/RagNager
    [link] [comments]

    Currently around SL170; any suggestions on a fun Hex build for NG+?

    Posted: 05 May 2021 02:00 PM PDT

    Finally grinding the Platinum trophy and just finished NG at ~SL 175 (turns out doing literally everything in a cycle nets you a lot of souls) while playing as a Sorcerer. I've never tried a Hexer before, and figure it might be fun for the NG+ run.

    So, anyone have any fun suggestions for a high-ish level Hexer? I assume just pump Int/Faith and shoot Dark Orbs at things? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/facevaluemc
    [link] [comments]

    Just got ds2, trying to decide which class to pick.

    Posted: 05 May 2021 01:51 PM PDT

    This isn't my first souls game (I've beaten ds1 and Bloodborne, and I'm up to the catacombs after the abyss watchers in ds3. FARRON GREATSWORD SPIN2WIN!) so I'm pretty familiar with how things work.

    I really like magic builds, so I'm choosing between two classes: sorcerer and cleric. I'm definitely taking the petrified something as my gift since I want to see what it does.

    The cleric's mace looks satisfying to use, and has a cool robe, but those are things I will probably be able to get later anyway.

    The sorcerer has high adaptability and seems pretty fun. The lack of healing stuff might be inconvenient, but not something I can't handle.

    Keep in mind I'm trying to play through this as blind as possible and figure things out myself so please try not to spoil anything like item locatins, story and npc questlines. I don't consider mechanics to be spoilers, like what certain stats do, soft caps, hollowing, etc. so any tips on those are welcome!

    submitted by /u/AlienRobotTrex
    [link] [comments]

    Best early staff (besides the SOF)

    Posted: 05 May 2021 01:30 PM PDT

    Im starting a int build because i havent made one in the 6 years ive been playing this game and on the version im playing on I can only get the staff of wisdom from Dragon shrine. So i need a alternative until then, Im thinking the withertree branch or sunset staff (preferably not the sunset so i can save twinkling).

    submitted by /u/Fr0sty2go
    [link] [comments]

    Help with chariot ps4. Sm 166k

    Posted: 05 May 2021 09:12 AM PDT

    I know about r/summon sign so sorry for posting here

    submitted by /u/dmitri_arktor
    [link] [comments]

    Dark souls 2 and Dark souls 2 scholar of the first sin

    Posted: 05 May 2021 04:20 AM PDT

    How large is the difference between these two, at first I was told it was DLC but then someone else told me it's basically a different game, is it worth buying one when you own the other?

    submitted by /u/Ttttttt2
    [link] [comments]

    How to play DS2 cooperative?

    Posted: 04 May 2021 08:19 PM PDT

    A friend and I have been thinking on buy DS2 to play together.

    We have never played online.

    What we need to know?

    submitted by /u/SimpleWzrd
    [link] [comments]

    best twinblades I could use?

    Posted: 05 May 2021 07:15 AM PDT

    I just love the moveset. If Red iron are the only viable ones that would break my heart :(

    submitted by /u/01001010101011010101
    [link] [comments]

    Will texture replacers result in a softban?

    Posted: 05 May 2021 10:22 AM PDT

    Title. I saw a really neat-looking texture replacer on the nexus, but still want to play with other people.

    I've seen conflicting information online, so I figured I'd ask.

    Edit: I'm using SotFS, in case that's relevant.

    submitted by /u/the_fiercest_mudcrab
    [link] [comments]

    Basilisk Waddles are the best waddles <3

    Posted: 04 May 2021 02:59 PM PDT

    Any simple way to set up a 5 buttons mouse?

    Posted: 05 May 2021 05:49 AM PDT

    Hi, I'd like to play DS2 with K+M but I can't find any simple way to do it. I know most of you use a controller but I don't like it, at all.

    I found a post about it but it's 7 years old (Mouse/Keyboard Fix) so maybe there's a new way to set up a modern mouse? A unoffical patch? A mod?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/AFFECHOPF
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment