• Breaking News

    Wednesday, May 5, 2021

    Dark Souls The reason why Gwynevere's twin suns are so big

    Dark Souls The reason why Gwynevere's twin suns are so big


    The reason why Gwynevere's twin suns are so big

    Posted: 04 May 2021 04:48 PM PDT

    *During a Design Works interview about Dark Souls 1*

    Hatsuyama: Can I ask about Gwynevere, because compared to the other female charters she's very different, almost glamorous.

    Miyazaki: You don't like the design?

    Hatsuyama: No, I just wanted to know what the original idea behind her was.

    Otsuka: As a fan of the character, I'd be interested to hear that too.

    Miyazaki: ... Talking of glamour, her breasts have nothing to do with me, they happened without my knowledge. It's all the artist's fault. I think I mentioned it earlier but I always seek a certain refinement in all my designs.

    Waragai: Really?

    Miyazaki: Yes, but the artist had such a happy look on his face, I didn't have the heart to stop him.

    submitted by /u/SuperAlloyBerserker
    [link] [comments]

    Mace under rated?

    Posted: 04 May 2021 06:29 AM PDT

    I started my first run as a cleric yesterday noticed that the early game is just ridiculously easy with the mace. It's got good damage, hits pretty quick, and does crazy poise damage for it's speed.

    Honorable mention to the club since it's similar but more popular.

    submitted by /u/KryptekDragon
    [link] [comments]

    This game ruined every other game for me. How am I supposed to live now?

    Posted: 04 May 2021 08:51 AM PDT

    I was so super hyped for god of war and gta 5. But those game feels so boring to me now. And the main culprits is This Dark Souls. I can't enjoy any games right now. Played dark souls 3 and bloodborne. Enjoyed a Little Bit. Not much. But A Little Bit 😔. I can't express the feel I got when I reached Firelink Shrine for the first time. Even if I hear the theme of firelink shrine, just something stirs in me. Is there any cure of my frustration?

    submitted by /u/shajol1761
    [link] [comments]

    It only took 9 1/2 years. But I finally did it!

    Posted: 04 May 2021 10:57 PM PDT

    I have beaten DS. I bought it at launch on Xbox 360. Played it on and off for years. Bought it on Steam also. The game always intimidated me. I did not "understand" what it wanted of me.

    It's safe to say, this is my all time favorite "interconnected" world in all of video games. I also love the absolutely low quality audio from the characters. It's all so perfect. I've put well over 80 hours into this game. I'm halfway through NG+ as we speak. This is a game I'll keep coming back to for a very long time. 10/10. Would recommend!!

    submitted by /u/Maddux4163
    [link] [comments]

    I Created Pinwheel's Boss Room in Modded Minecraft!

    Posted: 05 May 2021 03:37 AM PDT

    Since this sub doesnt allow Image posts, here is an Imgur link!
    https://imgur.com/a/l4XJfyA

    If you have any questions feel free to ask!

    submitted by /u/Oreo365
    [link] [comments]

    Did Soulsbornes ruined other games for you in other ways besides the combat?

    Posted: 04 May 2021 04:31 PM PDT

    Lately, I've be trying other action RPGs (FFVII remake, Witcher 3) and, unlike of what I expected, combat didn't feel that bad. Yeah, Soulsborne combat is waaay above of them, but they're still enjoyable.

    However, there's another thing that is grinding my gears: MAPS. To be more precise, the NEED of maps. You need to constantly be checking the damn maps, or you'll easily get lost. I hadn't noticed how good Soulsborne world building was that good. So good that you don't need maps.

    submitted by /u/NarvalDeAcrilico
    [link] [comments]

    Physics engine doing it's thing

    Posted: 05 May 2021 12:35 AM PDT

    Rubbish after beating Gwyn?

    Posted: 04 May 2021 09:29 PM PDT

    Just beet Gwyn on NG+5 or 6, DSR on switch, did this one with Solaire. Beat Gwyn, and saw an item sack across the arena. Wasn't a white soul looking item, but the floating, spinning sack like when you drop something or can't pick an item up. I grabbed it, it was rubbish.

    Where the heck did this come from? Didn't have any real person summon, wasn't invaded. Almost like there was something there that got destroyed?

    I did do this run dressed as Gwyn with his sword and lightning bolt. Maybe he saw me coming and wanted to let me know this wad garbage??

    submitted by /u/HyldHyld
    [link] [comments]

    Soo... I'm in quite a pickle.

    Posted: 05 May 2021 02:23 AM PDT

    Dark Souls: Game Journalists' Edition

    Situation: I was running a fog gate item enemy randomizer and found myself in these wonderful circumstances. I still haven't explored every area available, so I don't have to deal with this fight right now, but I will probably have to later. I've entered the fight from the back and I haven't found where the front gate leads to (it could be a dead end (like Manus' arena, for example) or it could lead to the next area which cannot be skipped) yet.

    Any tips for beating Manus and Kalameet on top of the roof?

    I can't summon an NPC (I was brought to this anal rodeo by the invisible demons of Anor Londo and, sadly, the won't bring me a friend (I believe they were upset by the fact that I killed the Darkmoon Knightess, Gwynevere's illusion and Gwyndolin (or, well, Priscilla, since it's an enemy randomizer), so they decided to take revenge by abandoning me with Manus and Kalameet) (By the way, Anor Londo has bugged out: it went dark and all the enemies have disappeared, but when I walked to it from the first bonfire in the Duke's Archives, the city was shining as if though nothing has happened (the enemies are still nowhere to be seen. I haven't checked on the Gwynevere after seeing the light again yet). This has nothing to do with the main theme of this post, this is just a brief digression).

    I don't have the rite of kindling, so I'm limited to 10 estus flasks. I have some pyromancies (one of the firestorms (the chaos one, I believe) and a black flame, to be exact) and a bellowing dragoncrest ring. I could level up attunement if I wanted, but I don't have the pyromancy flame, RTSR and power within, so the hypermode tactic is ruled out (for now, at least).

    I don't have full Havel's set or a Havel's ring, but I have some pieces of heavy armor (Havel's helmet, golem's armor, black iron leggings, etc) and a lot of endurance, so I can try to tank some damage while still maintaining the ability to midroll. Alternatively, I also have the Dark Wood Grain Ring and some light clothes with decent magic defence, and since Kalameet's breath and Manus' magic deal both magic and physical damage, I can try to sacrifice my poise for some magic protection and a bigger amount of iframes. Kalameet is the boss I've struggled the most in my first playthrough (took me about 20 tries or so with the tail cut), but I did git gud at fighting him. I'm not a pro, but I've finished Dark Souls 4 times: 2 regular playthroughs, an enemy and item randomizer run (which was extremely easy except for the tutorial fight and the fight against Gravelord Manus and his army of skeletons (without a holy weapon and the pendant), but even the latter took me less than 10 tries) and a SL1 run, so I have some experience. I don't have the experience of managing both Manus and Kalameet at the same time though.

    Whom should I kill first? Kalameet is the first Gargoyle, but he misses some times because the floor is not flat (so I might be able to avoid him while beating Manus), and he has a ton of health (killing him first would take forever). I've used the obsidian greatsword (which is +4 right now) for the most of this run, but I abandoned it in favor of the bass cannon, which normally deals around 500 damage, but only damages Kalameet for 80-100 (judging by the hp bar, he has around 6500 hp). I also can two-hand a non-upgraded dragon's tooth. Should I continue using a weapon I'm pretty familiar with (the zweihander), or should I switch to the dragon's tooth (since it might hit harder as a weapon which does physical damage only)?

    Oh, also, I don't have the pendant.

    I will continue searching for the items that will make this fight easier (pyromancy flame, the rite of kindling, etc), but it's not guaranteed that I will find them, so I'm mentally preparing for the worst (i.e, beating them with the equipment I've described above).

    I can re-randomize the enemies, but I don't want to. I'm up for the challenge, I'm just looking for a way to make it less painful.

    Tl;dr: Kalameet and Manus instead of Bell Gargoyles. Help.

    submitted by /u/Saatik
    [link] [comments]

    Did I miss something after killing the boss?

    Posted: 05 May 2021 01:53 AM PDT

    https://youtu.be/aBPPhSEY8ew

    This is a clip I took for the boss. After I beat it (towards the end of the video), it dropped some kinda yellow thing but I was immediately jumped by the bosses lackeys after killing it and died. After coming back to the spot, the yellow shiny thing was gone. Did I miss something?

    P.S. I also posted a bunch of other boss fights. (Sorry for the shameless plugin)

    submitted by /u/Levi_777
    [link] [comments]

    Can I take the parasite off of Solaire's head

    Posted: 04 May 2021 12:03 PM PDT

    I didn't open the shortcut in time and kill the sunlight maggots and now Solaire has the maggot on his head. Is there any way to save him or is that it?

    submitted by /u/Blunderfrick
    [link] [comments]

    Things to do before ending first playthrough

    Posted: 05 May 2021 01:00 AM PDT

    So I just beated Manus ( luckely on my first try) and I think only Gwyn is left. Now I would like to know if you have any tips for me what else to do before going to NG+. I just started to kill some NPC's to get some weapons and armors, should I kill all of them?. What can I take with me to NG+ and what will be removed?

    submitted by /u/Lord-J-The-God
    [link] [comments]

    Being bad at dark souls

    Posted: 04 May 2021 07:04 PM PDT

    Uhh so I made a video about dark souls remastered, or basically just being bad at it, if you want to see it, here:

    https://youtu.be/PCbdGvhoe-w

    submitted by /u/HaiitsFestive
    [link] [comments]

    co op or pvp

    Posted: 05 May 2021 03:47 AM PDT

    which one do you like more

    submitted by /u/MelickBlishtar
    [link] [comments]

    Iron Flesh not working?

    Posted: 04 May 2021 11:45 PM PDT

    Does anyone know how much defence iron flesh adds in ds remastered? Everytime I use it i don't see anything change on the stats. I'm currently using a high defence build and wonder if iron flesh is really doing anything. Maybe there's a cap to physical defence ?

    submitted by /u/AffectionateDrop6111
    [link] [comments]

    Blighttown deserves a special place in hell.

    Posted: 04 May 2021 09:15 PM PDT

    I hate blighttown, it seems there's something gank you around every corner, and falling off a platform is one of the worst fucking things.

    submitted by /u/--TreeTreeTree--
    [link] [comments]

    Forgive me father for what I sinned :(

    Posted: 04 May 2021 03:00 PM PDT

    Hey expert Souls fellas, I'm playing DS on ps3 for the first time, I'm a gamer (or trying be), anyway I had a good and perfect run ringing the second bell and trophy popped and with help of some of you I managed to find that hidden wall and its bonfire, in the way I killed a guy like some eggs on his back and when I killed him I lit the bonfire and shut down the console snd I'm trying to sleep but I can't! Because that egg guy says something I can't remember but I think I just killed a good guy :( I didn't mean to :( was he good? And what happens now I killed him?

    Aaaah... this bs Souls savedata copying mechanism is annoying as hell!!! I can copy the savedata once in 24 hours on cloud only? R you kidding me fromsoftware/Bandai?

    submitted by /u/sianamak
    [link] [comments]

    Coming back with hidden dark souls lore(not really) Streaming challenge to see how washed i am.

    Posted: 05 May 2021 01:26 AM PDT

    https://youtu.be/9_c6iGUaEl4

    Gonna be streaming so runs starting tomorrow

    submitted by /u/PrinceLorianQQ
    [link] [comments]

    Help me with Four Kings!

    Posted: 05 May 2021 01:24 AM PDT

    I am mega struggling and cant find anyone to help in new londo and have tried like 10 times and cannot beat him, please help! I'm on pc!

    submitted by /u/GivThat_MouseA_Cooki
    [link] [comments]

    How bad is resistance

    Posted: 05 May 2021 01:22 AM PDT

    is it like really bad, that you don't ever need to increase it, or is it like you should stop leveling it after a certain amount, because my brother has 17 in resistance and it is my fault, is it as bad as people say.

    submitted by /u/Cool_Taco_99
    [link] [comments]

    Is dark souls 1 on ps3 worth it?

    Posted: 05 May 2021 01:13 AM PDT

    I liked bloodborne very much so i want to check out other fromsoftware games too and i want to know does it worth to start with dark souls 1 on ps3? How are online servers? What things am i missing if i don't play online because my console is jailbroken and being online is a bit hard for me

    Another question

    Is getting platinum trophy still possible or there is online trophies?

    submitted by /u/LordOfBrightnes
    [link] [comments]

    Is Darkroot not optional?

    Posted: 04 May 2021 09:30 AM PDT

    Hi, first time playing ds. I read in differet places that Darkroot garden is an optional area, but now it turns out i need a ring for the Four Kings, and you get this ring by killing the dog deep in Darkroot. So do I have to go to dark root or not? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/OldestSausage
    [link] [comments]

    Should I play ds2 or 3

    Posted: 04 May 2021 03:36 PM PDT

    I'm planning on getting another ds game, thing is I've heard ds2 is pretty bad and ds3 is really good. Should I skip ds 2 and go straight to 3?

    submitted by /u/big-bobby-brown
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment