• Breaking News

    Thursday, May 6, 2021

    Dark Souls If you had to become a regular Dark Souls enemy, which one would you be?

    Dark Souls If you had to become a regular Dark Souls enemy, which one would you be?


    If you had to become a regular Dark Souls enemy, which one would you be?

    Posted: 05 May 2021 10:05 AM PDT

    Bosses and minibosses excluded because they're all too badass.

    I'd be a Bonewheel. Yeah they're annoying, but you can't look at one and tell me he's not having a wheely great time. Plus they're always surrounded by friends. I'd be one of the ones in the Painted World of Ariamis, so I can chill with Priscilla.

    Edit: Added a pun. I do not accept constructive criticism.

    submitted by /u/windermere_peaks
    [link] [comments]

    This has been under our nose for years... And the ones who tried to say it have never been heard enough (many still think this). Gwyn wasn't the one who removed the god status and the name from his firstborn... Sunlight Blade description gives this right away:

    Posted: 06 May 2021 12:24 AM PDT

    "Miracle wielded by Lord Gwyn's firstborn. Boost right weapon with rays of Sun.

    The power of sunlight, manifested as lightning, is very effective against dragons. When the eldest son was stripped of his deific status, he left this on his father's coffin, perhaps as a final farewell."

    "When the eldest son was stripped of his deific status, he left this on his father's coffin" (where we find it in game). The coffin was made right after Gwyn immolated himself to the First Flame, and was therefore not able to do anything but staying there anymore.

    Maybe more people already knew this than I thought, but I'm sure some don't. (Similar to how many still think that "Sen" in Sen's Fortress means "thousand" while in Japanese is written as a person name)

    submitted by /u/Darkbornedragon
    [link] [comments]

    I just noticed that the Iron Golem is left-handed

    Posted: 05 May 2021 09:07 PM PDT

    Just sayin'.

    submitted by /u/gstvbrt
    [link] [comments]

    Fuck Darkroot Garden

    Posted: 05 May 2021 04:30 PM PDT

    I fell of a cliff accidentally

    submitted by /u/The_R3venant
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls Remastered Remastered?

    Posted: 05 May 2021 07:54 PM PDT

    Do you think Dark souls 1 should be remastered the demon's souls way by bluepoint? I feel this would be a welcome edition and make dark souls 1 more accessible and possibly more fun for new players to the series. What do you guys think about this idea?

    submitted by /u/Utra_Thicc
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you Sess!

    Posted: 06 May 2021 02:13 AM PDT

    A wholesome story that just happened.

    Whilst playing remastered for the first time (I finished prepare to die a few weeks back) I went down to the depths to regain my lost souls/humanity after dieing to rats close to the basilisk area. I got invaded by Sess, I was at the butcher area and instead of immediately singling me out and killing me she stood there, I praised the sun and expected a quick backstab, but instead she greeted me. She then showed me the quickest way to go through the depths and to the Gaping dragon. Even when I accidentally hit her, she didn't retaliate against, instead showing some tough love by kicking me down a shortcut. We we reached the final corridor to the dragon, dropped roughly 12k in souls and left.

    Wherever you are Sess, thank you for the help and being a nice invader

    submitted by /u/Dutchykinski
    [link] [comments]

    I lost my humanity in blightown

    Posted: 05 May 2021 07:35 PM PDT

    It was a wonderful adventure, slashing and slaying my way through the undead and their depths. Having slain a gaping dragon I obtained a key for a new land called blightown, a new adventure! I fell and climbed deeper and deeper... but at some point it all became a bit convoluted.... down again up again down again... I no longer know what direction to go, but truthfully I can't even remember what brought me down here in the first place. I think I'll just sit by this bonfire to wait awhile. I do so hope to remember soon as a life without purpose grants a fate far worse than death... hollowing

    submitted by /u/chickentenders56
    [link] [comments]

    I've been playing Dark Souls off and on for years, but today I finally managed to get past the Anor Londo Archers on the first try.

    Posted: 06 May 2021 02:03 AM PDT

    It was pretty exciting.

    submitted by /u/CRtwenty
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls has the best title screen music

    Posted: 05 May 2021 10:01 AM PDT

    ...and I'm serious when I say this. I love (absolutely love) Dark Souls 3 as a game, but the title music feels so completely out of place. 2's at least is not crazy loud... but Dark Souls 1's title music is the best.

    Silence is the golden standard.

    submitted by /u/ErichPryde
    [link] [comments]

    Dragon Theory & Allot of Sorcery Theory

    Posted: 05 May 2021 10:02 PM PDT

    Dragons are not neutral being and are actually enemies of the light.

    1. The only dragons that were spared from the wrath of Gwyn were the albino Seath and Darkeater Midir. Midir is stated be born without darkness (probably like Seath), only having been corrupted by it later, and was spared for that reason. Seath is an abnormality in every aspect of his being. If there's one dragon to be born without darkness, it'd be him.
    2. Wyverns have never been shown to have an affinity for the dark, but instead lightning and fire, so they were also spared.
    3. Serpents are imperfect dragons and have a heavy preference for the dark as seen be Kaathe and the rest of the serpents at the end of ds1 and places in ds3.
    4. Several dragons in the franchise including the torso, gaping, and the black dragon have relation to poison, the abyss, and the dark. There are exceptions like the everlasting dragon which other than having black feathers, doesn't have much connection to either darkness or poison, but it's still leaning on the last surviving dragons being the opposite of the gods.
    5. He hates humans and he hates dragons. Maybe for the same reason???

    This one isn't as interesting, but it's that fire sorceries are similar to dark sorceries in they can only be cast by individuals with a specific soul. Dark sorceries have really only ever been shown to be cast by humans. By the time of DS3, the dark souls of every human has faded and they're no longer able to truly draw on the abyss, which is why all the dark sorceries in DS3 are purple, because they can only draw on the soul dregs that sink to the bottom of the soul. Flame sorceries are likely just the change in form that happens when a witch or demon tries to cast a sorcery.

    Red sorceries are a thing like golden and dark sorceries. Kalameet is capable of putting a curse on you using his eye, which could be a sorcery. Seaths crystal breath has a much darker purple appearance and unlike the dragon breath sorcery, is capable of doing curse damage. The three sorcerers of new Londo use spells that not only cause a type of curse, but also cure both poison and curses and (a bit of a stretch) wear red robes. There's also the connection pyromancy has to sorceries and intelligence which would make the poison spells part sorcery as well.

    Green sorceries are pretty frickin' cool looking. That's why Seath made the butterflies.

    submitted by /u/MeadowManiacal
    [link] [comments]

    Gwyndolin's illusions are confusing

    Posted: 05 May 2021 10:15 PM PDT

    I'd like to consider myself pretty in tune with how Dark Souls' lore fits together, but one thing that really sticks out to me as weird is the illusions in Anor Londo. I have a couple of questions concerning how they work, and I dunno if I missed something in the game that answers them.

    1st: Why is their existence tied to the Gwynevere illusion instead of Gwyndolin himself? It'd make sense if Gwyndolin's illusions disappeared when you killed the poor guy, but oddly enough they stay quite alive after his death. Only after killing the Gwynevere illusion do they go away, which is confusing for a multitude of reasons. I mean, do Gwyndolin's powers diminish when you dispel the Gwynevere illusion? And if so, why? What is it about that illusion that actually weakens Gwyndolin when he stops casting it? And that brings me to my next question.

    2nd: How sentient are these things? We've already established that they can survive and act on their own long after the death of the person who created them. Furthermore, if they were directly controlled by Gwyndolin, then it'd be weird for them to still attack you after you join the Darkmoon covenant (can't imagine it's wise to try and kill off one of your few sworn blades). Honestly this question is less of a confusing plot hole and more just personal curiosity on my part. I'm curious if this means the Gwynevere illusion is actually a fully sentient copy of Gwynevere.

    So yeah, any of y'all know?

    submitted by /u/Pademelon1917
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone else's playthroughs fizzle out after getting the Lordvessel?

    Posted: 05 May 2021 08:53 PM PDT

    I start new characters a lot and the first 3-5 hours before you get the Lordvessel is honestly the most fun I have playing a game but very rarely do I find myself continuing on. I usually kill the Four Kings because I find it a fun fight and the VL Ember is along the way, but the other three bosses I find pretty meh and end up moving on to something else. Or making a new character.

    submitted by /u/SFG10032
    [link] [comments]

    I cannot connect my ps 3 controller to Dark souls remastered on pc and im losing my mind. I've tried both SCP and x360 ce, but none of them work. Can anyone help me please?

    Posted: 06 May 2021 02:19 AM PDT

    Everything is in the title.

    submitted by /u/ivangalic5
    [link] [comments]

    An unpopular opinion

    Posted: 06 May 2021 01:53 AM PDT

    I think most DS3 bosses are harder than DS1 ones

    submitted by /u/The_R3venant
    [link] [comments]

    I recreated the Four Kings Boss Arena in Minecraft! (Satire)

    Posted: 06 May 2021 01:36 AM PDT

    This quick Satire build was prompted by a hilarious comment on my previous build!

    https://imgur.com/a/psV8I96

    submitted by /u/Oreo365
    [link] [comments]

    Sad Knight sketch

    Posted: 05 May 2021 07:45 AM PDT

    Gonna do a tarot card inspired illustration of Artorias, he makes me so sad 😭

    https://imgur.com/gallery/tNsXXpq

    Edit: preview image cropped weird, sorry!

    submitted by /u/voidgvrl
    [link] [comments]

    A small thing that’s really annoying

    Posted: 05 May 2021 11:04 PM PDT

    I absolutely hate when I try to move forward to pursue an enemy, go to attack, and through sheer accidental coincidence I end up throwing a kick which usually misses and gets me hit and killed. One of the few things in this game that genuinely just frustrates me beyond relief lol

    submitted by /u/PonkingtonHeights
    [link] [comments]

    21 days later

    Posted: 05 May 2021 10:31 AM PDT

    I began my Dark Souls Remastered journey 21 days ago. I have died countless times but I've made darn near the end. Thanks to anyone who has helped me or replied to any of my other posts here. I've just gotta tackle Manus then Gwyn. We're almost there.

    Edit: Praise the sun

    submitted by /u/smilty787
    [link] [comments]

    So I finally got every achievement for every game available on the xbox1.

    Posted: 05 May 2021 10:34 AM PDT

    https://imgur.com/2EdeWau

    I understand, life has never been better.

    It glows with the soft light of dying fires.

    You wish to add fuel so it may burn again.

    And again.

    But we must always walk the path of dark.

    Into the shadow cast by the opaque future.

    Conservation is the very opposite of nature.

    We must always grow.

    And learn from the great abyss that is he past.

    Never forgetting.

    Ascend the trepidation that comes from the unkown.

    And with great insight we shall form anew.

    Ever changing.

    Ever growing.

    Children of the dark.

    submitted by /u/TheBoothParadigm
    [link] [comments]

    First game with thief

    Posted: 06 May 2021 12:08 AM PDT

    Hello. I'm completely new to this game. I played bloodborne before but non of the other dark souls games. Now I usually play thief-classes in other games but I feel like it wasn't the best choice for my first game ever. Which stats should I boost?? I feel like I don't really crit any enemies even though I'm attacking from behind. There is so many guides that I don't fully understand so some simple tricks would be really helpful and greatly appreciated 🙏🏻🙏🏻

    submitted by /u/Important_Echo7667
    [link] [comments]

    Guys lets vote,gwynevere or Gwyndolin as the better waifu

    Posted: 06 May 2021 02:53 AM PDT

    I would choose Gwyndolin. Tbh

    submitted by /u/KroiCH
    [link] [comments]

    Broken Pendant Not Dropping

    Posted: 05 May 2021 08:43 PM PDT

    I'm sure this has been posted 1000 times but... I'm slightly worried. I've obtained the Lord Vessel, Killed the Hydra, talked to Dusk, and killed the crystal golem a few times. I did happen to kill the golem once before taking to dusk, which may have glitched it out. I'm also not 100% sure if I even have the DLC... I downloaded Dark Souls to my Xbox 360 like 5 years ago and it doesn't say anything about add-ons in my Manage Game section, but I can't buy the DLC from the store either. I'm pretty sure I own it though because I can see Manus' Catalyst in the Modify weapons tab of the Giant Blacksmith in Anor Londo. Any advice?

    submitted by /u/WizardL
    [link] [comments]

    I have never completed Solaire’s questline

    Posted: 05 May 2021 04:56 PM PDT

    He is the only npc I have never done the entire questline for (except for Reah if you count her going hollow as the definite ending for her questline). I had only beaten Siegmeyer's questline a few playthrough ago and I've beaten the game around 50 times. I would have done it by now but I always kill the fair lady for the Estus upgrade.

    submitted by /u/CadeLaFrance
    [link] [comments]

    Does Kirk collecting humanity for the fair lady?

    Posted: 05 May 2021 10:21 PM PDT

    One less step away for me to finishing this game. There is so many things that keep tingle my mind. And one of them is Kirk the Knight of Thorns. I just keep fight and killed him, then I found his body near the bonfire daughter of chaos. Does it means that he just hunt me down for humanity and give it to the fair lady? But the fair lady never mention anything about him. Does it means that he does this thing even the fair lady didn't know about it.

    submitted by /u/CureNoOne
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment