• Breaking News

    Saturday, April 3, 2021

    Dark Souls Weekly General Discussion Thread (April 02, 2021)

    Dark Souls Weekly General Discussion Thread (April 02, 2021)


    Weekly General Discussion Thread (April 02, 2021)

    Posted: 02 Apr 2021 09:00 AM PDT

    Welcome to the weekly general discussion thread! This thread is for the community to discuss whatever is on their mind (whether it is Dark Souls 1 related or not).

    Have a question that you've been meaning to ask but haven't gotten around to making a post yet? Something on your mind you want to discuss? Playing a game that you think others would like? Comment away! All we ask is that you are respectful of each other, and have fun!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    From Software Games are addictive

    Posted: 02 Apr 2021 07:03 AM PDT

    This year I don't know what got into me. I love rpgs and I decided to try Demon's Souls when I got my PS5 back in late February.

    I loved Demons Souls remake. Then I tried bloodborne. Loved it as well. After that I completed Dark Souls III and even went on NG+ with it and expansions. Need to return to it to continue the ringed City dlc too on NG+

    Now I'm playing Dark Souls II (don't understand the hate) and its amazing. I'm addicted to all fromsoft games!

    I can't play anything else and hope from software continued to develop these kind of games. I still have a lot of games to go through.

    These are on the list after Dark Souls II :

    1) Dark Souls Remastered

    2) SEKIRO : Shadows Die Twice

    3) Hollow Knight (souls like)

    4) Blasphemous (souls like)

    5) Mortal Shell (souls like)

    I wish Elden Ring would get out already lol or any other souls like games really. Because I don't know what I'm going to play when I finish these.

    Do you guys find it hard to play any other mainstream games? It's sort of frustrating that my taste is so focused on Soulslike games, as there are only like 10 games like Dark Souls. What am I gonna do when I play all of them?? Hmmm

    submitted by /u/CURLYMAN1993
    [link] [comments]

    I DID IT!

    Posted: 02 Apr 2021 08:49 PM PDT

    I finally beat Dark Souls Remastered. This was my first time playing a Souls game and I loved it. I will admit I used a guide at several points I the game, but even with help the game is still remarkably challenging and rewarding. This is the most pure fun I've had with a game in so long. Here are my favorite boss moments:

    Unexpected cheese: Taurus Demon and Bell Gargoyles. Taurus Demon jumped off the bridge. I had very little clue how online and humanity worked at the beginning of the game. After getting whooped by Bell Gargoyles a couple of times, I decided to give summoning a try for the first time, and hired Solaire to help. They just attacked Solaire the whole fight, and I ran around behind them and hit them and they even never aggroed me.

    First Wall: Capra Demon. Simply could not figure out how to time this fight on the first 0.8 seconds after passing through the fog wall. Eventually got him after 20+ tries and it felt DAMN good.

    Most Satisfying: Ornstein and Smough. This fight was the moment that sealed the deal for me: I love this game. Like Capra, it took over 20 tries and multiple days, but once I figured out how to kite them around the room and slowly advance my progress, the fight really became amazing. I felt like I had finally become one with the game.

    Most Fun: Artorius. This guy is relentless. At this point my skills were honed enough that I really felt toe-to-toe with this guy. Took me a couple tries to get the hang of his skill set, but once I got the hang of dodging him and getting my own licks in, the fight became incredibly fun. Is was like dancing with a fellow master.

    Hardest Boss: Manus. Holy hell, this dude is absolutely relentless and fast and punishing. Every other boss, I was able to learn from each attempt and improve on it. Manus took me the longest to finally get a grip on what the hell he was doing and how to respond accordingly.

    I just ordered DS2 and DS3. I'm very excited to dive into them.

    Praise the sun!

    submitted by /u/treyphanflyers
    [link] [comments]

    Wholesome Online Interaction

    Posted: 02 Apr 2021 04:28 PM PDT

    I've always played Dark Souls offline because I'm a big scaredy cat when it comes to being invaded. Today I played online and instead of being a big chicken and running away I decided to fight the invader. I bowed.

    I was so outmatched. It made me realize how much better I could be. Rather than give me the whopping I deserved, the invader gave me titanite to upgrade my weapon.

    I feel like this is really what I've been missing from Dark Souls as a whole- the thrill of interacting with someone and not just grinding out the same enemies again and again.

    I don't think I'm going to invade anyone, but I won't run away anymore either 😁

    submitted by /u/bischelli
    [link] [comments]

    Please dear god help me beat ornstein and smough

    Posted: 02 Apr 2021 05:53 PM PDT

    im doing my first playthough, and for the first time im hard stuck. im losing my fucking gourd. ive really been enjoying the game so far, and i just want to play it but i cant beat these tag teaming double fuck nerd cucks. ive been killing ornstein first since hes a bigger loser and i really want smoughs armor (bc hes so cute), but I just cant do it. I've gotten big smough to 1/2hp a couple times with sun guy and once by myself, but usually im just immediatly cuckolded and facefucked. how do i do this damn fight, im gonna lost it please. Also, im playing on switch and dont pay for online so I gotta do it solo, man on man.

    submitted by /u/fuckingchristhelpeme
    [link] [comments]

    So have any of you all played a Fromsoft game called Evergrace?

    Posted: 03 Apr 2021 12:40 AM PDT

    It was a PS2 title released back in the day. Great music, wonderful (though confusing) story and hard as balls. It's honestly proto souls.

    Been feeling like I want to replay it lately, and was wondering what the rest of the community thought of it (if any of you have played it of course)

    submitted by /u/ToanGreenlow
    [link] [comments]

    Beat Gargoyle last night, beat Capra Demon tonight

    Posted: 02 Apr 2021 04:43 AM PDT

    He is tough. Having to kill 2 demon dogs quick makes it dreadful, in such a confined space, and with those devastating overhead attacks. He's aggressive too, which makes it hard to heal. It took most of the night, mostly dying before I could kill the dogs or getting trapped in a corner. The gauntlet run back was the worst part, with all those dogs and ninja zombies. I died there a few times and lost my souls. But I finally got that golden run where I reached the boss room with 8 estus and killed the dogs quick, allowing me to wear the Capra demon down and get the win. I had half a bar of health left and no estus at the end, so it was very intense. Thankfully I landed the killing blow a second before he could land his. Now it's onto the depths I guess, wherever that is. that was the key he dropped

    submitted by /u/MoonlitBadlands
    [link] [comments]

    I never played dark souls 1 and 2 yet.

    Posted: 03 Apr 2021 03:13 AM PDT

    But I wanna, my friend told me "Duuuude you're so lucky I wish I could be you right now" and that really motivates me to just buy them both at once.

    submitted by /u/Venin3X
    [link] [comments]

    DS Remastered

    Posted: 03 Apr 2021 02:35 AM PDT

    DS Remastered is on sale for $20 and I was wondering if I should buy it? I have played DS3 and really enjoyed that game, how different is DS?

    submitted by /u/Edward1227p
    [link] [comments]

    How do mods work?

    Posted: 03 Apr 2021 12:05 AM PDT

    For about a year now I've been watching a guy do mods in dark souls. But I've been playing it on console for years and couple months ago got a game laptop. I've been debating if it's worth buying DS 3 again just for the mods. And if I do how do I get them?

    submitted by /u/DaNips_Stasis
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to find out the exact stats/equipment of NPCs or a list of them?

    Posted: 02 Apr 2021 11:49 PM PDT

    I was curious about this since certain NPCs have quirks like Black Iron Tarkus fat rolling.

    Whenever I notice something like this I always wish I knew exactly what their stats were.

    submitted by /u/WhatInANationofTar
    [link] [comments]

    Need some help on a bit of a morals problem

    Posted: 02 Apr 2021 07:43 PM PDT

    So I'm doing a run of the entire souls series (demons souls, ds1-ds3), I'm on dark souls right now and I need some advice. My intention was to do this completely glitchless without any exploits. Thing is though, somebody just invaded me, handed me Gwyn's soul, and then killed me with dark bead when I picked it up. I am level 23. Is it okay to use the soul? I didn't perform any glitches to get it and I don't know the invader they just sort of gave it to me. What do you guys think? Are my hands clean if I decide to use it?

    Edit: it literally only gave me 4 levels nevermind

    submitted by /u/Jasonpowerz
    [link] [comments]

    Did Gwynevere and the other ‘gods’ leave after Artorias demise or before?

    Posted: 03 Apr 2021 01:37 AM PDT

    what do u think cause I think after

    submitted by /u/Dragonbeowulf
    [link] [comments]

    Great Scythe or Silver Knight Straight Sword?

    Posted: 02 Apr 2021 07:24 PM PDT

    So I've used Great Scythe a lot. It's great and all, however I recently upgraded the silver knight straight sword to +5 and it does more damage but takes less stamina. Is it worth switching, or should I stay with Great Scythe?

    submitted by /u/idalog
    [link] [comments]

    Dear Artorias diary day #3: please

    Posted: 02 Apr 2021 01:28 PM PDT

    I've been stuck on this boss for so long. I feel like I've hit a wall, and a can't beat it. He's so fast, strong, and difficult to read.

    But I'm not giving up!

    submitted by /u/IronFalcon1997
    [link] [comments]

    Cursed in Great Hollow

    Posted: 02 Apr 2021 05:26 AM PDT

    No purging stone. No Lordvessel. Frighteningly hollow and far from the sun. Think of me fondly, skeletons as I slog back up to the surface to be mocked by an old hag in a sewer.

    submitted by /u/creamothy
    [link] [comments]

    I accidentally attacked the giant blacksmith

    Posted: 03 Apr 2021 03:34 AM PDT

    So basically I just spent an hour backtracking from Anor Londo to upgrade my sword and I returned to Anor Londo to buy titane shards from the giant blacksmith. But then the weird brain bird creature came in and I started fighting it but in the meantime I accidentally hit the giant blacksmith. I know you can fix this but talking to the guy in the bell tower but that's 40k souls!! Is there any other way to calm him down?

    submitted by /u/JCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
    [link] [comments]

    I couldn't be happyer

    Posted: 02 Apr 2021 05:58 AM PDT

    Finished playing dark souls 3 about two weeks ago and since then I wanted to buy dark souls 1 but couldn't afford it. Today I wnt on the xbox store, saw it at half the price and got it right away. Now i'm waiting for the install while typing this. Going to do my first blind play trough since to my shame I finished dark souls 3 with a guide and some CO-OP.

    Edit: I know I said no guides but I already got stuck and I'm wondering if it's a bug. I got to that big armored hog or what ever it is and I ran past it and died. When I came back the hog was gone and the gate was closed. Is this supposed to happen or is a bug?

    submitted by /u/keik_ricckrk
    [link] [comments]

    Heads up: Remastered and Dark Souls 3 are on sale on the Xbox Store.

    Posted: 02 Apr 2021 10:27 AM PDT

    Xbox currently has Dark Souls Remastered for 19.99 (50% off) and Dark Souls 3 for 14.99 (75% off.)

    Says 13 more days from today, so sale ends April 15th.

    submitted by /u/Paper_Cut_On_My_Eye
    [link] [comments]

    NG+ help

    Posted: 03 Apr 2021 03:13 AM PDT

    I was wondering about the best weapons, armour and rings for my new game plus run. My stats are approximately (can't go and check them) are:

    32 strength 40 dexterity 17 intelligence 27 endurance 28 vitality 6 faith

    Sorry for the bad format(on mobile)

    submitted by /u/404_user_not_found23
    [link] [comments]

    Mimics drop nothing

    Posted: 03 Apr 2021 03:10 AM PDT

    I played dark souls remastered on pc but when I kill any of mimics nothing droped. Anybody any idea why they aren't droping anything?

    submitted by /u/matej4449
    [link] [comments]

    A noob in this genre

    Posted: 03 Apr 2021 02:42 AM PDT

    Hello everyone.

    So a few days ago i finished Sekiro for the first time ever and it also was the first time that i ever played a game made by FromSoftware, i have to tell you that this game makes a player learn how to play the game, it humbled me in different ways, it wasn't easy but that made me liking the game more and more with each session that i played and with many crappy games out there it feels good and refreshing to have a game that challenges the player or at least a complete noob lie myself to this type of game. I loved every single moment of Sekiro but now that i finished it i know i could start a NG mode but i went on Steam and bought the 3 Dark Souls games xD.

    About Dark Souls, well it's gonna be my first time playing those but i have a few questions about and ooff the topic of DS, some people told me to start with Dark Souls Remastered and then go to DS 3 and skip the second one...is the 2nd one not good or should i play the remaster and DS3 in successive order because they are similar in setting and/or story and then finish up with Dark Souls 2?

    This is the question that is kind off topic with Dark Souls, Sekiro has made me a fan of these games by FromSoftware and as i said before i already bought all the Dark Souls game son Steam, but when the Dark Souls journey ends should i invest in the NG+ mode or anyone here has or can recommend some games that have the Dark Souls/Sekiro vibe or as they say out there are there any souls like games that anyone here would recommend?

    Thank you in advance for your time reading this.

    Positive vibes to you all and stay safe.

    submitted by /u/Splat86
    [link] [comments]

    I need help

    Posted: 03 Apr 2021 02:05 AM PDT

    Please give me some tips to fight/ avoid Taurus demon and get through early game.

    submitted by /u/helpmedad8960
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment