• Breaking News

    Friday, April 2, 2021

    Dark Souls 2 Weekly General Discussion Thread (April 02, 2021)

    Dark Souls 2 Weekly General Discussion Thread (April 02, 2021)


    Weekly General Discussion Thread (April 02, 2021)

    Posted: 02 Apr 2021 09:00 AM PDT

    Welcome to the weekly general discussion thread! This thread is for the community to discuss whatever is on their mind (whether it is Dark Souls 2 related or not).

    Have a question that you've been meaning to ask but haven't gotten around to making a post yet? Something on your mind you want to discuss? Playing a game that you think others would like? Comment away! All we ask is that you are respectful of each other, and have fun!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Majula is still my favorite hub world among the other DS and Bloodborne hubs.

    Posted: 02 Apr 2021 08:24 AM PDT

    DS2 was the first souls game I played (found it at a bargain bin at a local game store), and crossing from Things Betwixt to Majula for the first time was magical.

    The eternal sunset, the music, the way more and more NPCs come to the area as the game progresses and the way it feels like some forgotten hamlet you're breathing life into always made me happy. And that ocean? Gorgeous!

    Firelink and Hunter's Dream never gave me the same calm that Majula does. They're both very dark, and, although peaceful, they can't match the aura of hope Majula gives off (Hunter's Dream is beautiful, though, and comes close, but it lacks the warmth).

    submitted by /u/AceOfTowers
    [link] [comments]

    Glitchwarf strikes again!

    Posted: 02 Apr 2021 11:02 AM PDT

    I avoided this game for so many years only to find out it’s amazing

    Posted: 02 Apr 2021 12:01 AM PDT

    I absolutely loved the first dark souls game and was very excited to hear there was a sequel but the excitement quickly turned into disappointment as I heard so many people bombarding the game with negativity, saying how it was trash and the worst game they've ever played and it's a disgrace and is nothing like the first game. This made me avoid the game for several years untill just recently I picked up Sotfs for $10 on the Xbox store

    ..... and found barely anything wrong with the game. I'm 53 hours into my first play through and being a "souls veteran 😎" I was able to get through the game very easily. I was so worried the game was going to be bad I just kept waiting and waiting for the bad to settle in ... but it didn't it never came. it just seemed like a regular souls game. Just be patient, analyze the environment, think outside the box and play it smart. I noticed so many small moments of great game design throughout my play through that it makes me want to make a YouTube video talking about it. I fucking love this game so far and it really seems like people who thought the game was bad just didn't understand

    submitted by /u/StretchedBones
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone tell me about these guys. These guys were hostile to me in my first playthrough. However they didn't attack me in my second and playthrough. They didn't even attack me when I punched them. Please tell me about their deal. Thanks in advance.

    Posted: 02 Apr 2021 02:22 AM PDT

    I FRYCKIN DID IT!!!!!

    Posted: 02 Apr 2021 12:20 PM PDT

    I just beat ds2 sotfs on xone for very first time, i done dark ending, sad thing is you have to watch 2x more ending titles ahh it took 10 mins, my final items: - saniter spear +5 - mace +10 - havel great shiled - lucatel mask - havel set without helmet - royal ring +1 - charity ring +2 - ring of steel protection +1 - ring of blades +1

    submitted by /u/1C_3C_R34_M
    [link] [comments]

    SHARE YOUR FIRST DEATH IN DARK SOULS

    Posted: 02 Apr 2021 08:48 AM PDT

    Where do I put my summon sign

    Posted: 02 Apr 2021 08:24 AM PDT

    Where should I put my summon sign Bc I'm trying to grind for sunlight medals. I am in ng and SM 3.16M. I got 2 from aava Bc I put one right outside the fog wall but now I haven't gotten a summon in like 30 mins.

    submitted by /u/RonSmart_
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone tells me if it improves from here?

    Posted: 02 Apr 2021 07:33 AM PDT

    Hi guys, I've just got inside Drangleic castle, and I'll be honest, I've not been impressed with DS2 up to this point. I came straight off the back of a playthrough of DS remastered, which I think is a masterpiece, and I am just not enjoying it. IMO in DS2 the level designs predominantly aren't good or interesting and the bosses are mostly pretty dull and don't have the grandeur of the first.

    Maybe I should have left a gap between playing the games and that should be what I do now, park it and come back later. Can anyone tell me if it does pick up from here? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/pickin666
    [link] [comments]

    Weapon for a cleric?

    Posted: 02 Apr 2021 05:59 AM PDT

    Weapon for a cleric?

    So, I made a new character after getting to the poison swamp area, cause I wanted to try out miracles. Right now, I have a few weapons I can use, and was wondering which would be best for my lightning infusion stone?

    I have the mace and the club, which seem pretty much the same, except the club has a much nicer moveset. I also found an "Estoc" on a corpse, which looks really nice, but I don't know how well it would do with a lightning infusion.

    So, which should I use? Club, mace, or estoc? Thanks for any advice! :)

    https://preview.redd.it/okjajtgzcrq61.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=ad5d1d0929e17227d59849c8cf1c33995f8983de

    submitted by /u/Xuphon
    [link] [comments]

    Big ol' lightning hammer

    Posted: 02 Apr 2021 02:42 PM PDT

    What's the best/strongest great hammer to infuse with Lightning for a 40STR/60FTH character?

    submitted by /u/kaspergrips
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls 2 no death run! Finally got the ring on my 6th attempt

    Posted: 02 Apr 2021 02:38 PM PDT

    What SM range are the Blues most active?

    Posted: 02 Apr 2021 02:26 PM PDT

    This isn't to become a blue, screw that, but to fight them. I want to see if i can invade hosts, drop some presents and message them that i'm just going to hang out to fight blues, and then fight said blues for BoB rank up points since the arena is cancer on top of cancer's cancer.

    I recall that apparently low-lowish SM has a lot of activity (honestly i don't approve of those 30k SM invader twinks since that's just bullying) as well as anti-twink blues, so i was thinking of being an anti-anti-twink whose goal is to leave hosts alone in favor of Red Vs Blue battles...except not in Blood Gulch. Give those blues a reason to wear their ring so that we can all have a bit of fun while the hosts watch with popcorn (soul corn?) at the color-coded mania. But i want to know if there is enough blue activity to actually do this instead of wasting a day doing and kitting out a low-SM run only to have nothing to show for it, as i'm not going to seriously invade with that for some shallow noob harassment.

    submitted by /u/Branded_Mango
    [link] [comments]

    Can’t enter shaded woods because there’s a fog wall that I can’t go through

    Posted: 01 Apr 2021 09:46 PM PDT

    trying to find someone to run the game with

    Posted: 02 Apr 2021 01:38 PM PDT

    been playing this game for 4 years but i have never beat it. im looking for someone to run through the game with me on xbox one.

    submitted by /u/alogicallynamedguy
    [link] [comments]

    Black Crystal Overuse?

    Posted: 02 Apr 2021 01:01 PM PDT

    I'm on PS4 and trying to grind sunlight medals to finish rounding out my Dragonslayer character. I'd say half of the people who summon me just stand there for 5 minutes doing nothing or gesturing and then black Crystal me home. All I want to know is, why?

    submitted by /u/dblue1555
    [link] [comments]

    Need help iron keep xbox one

    Posted: 02 Apr 2021 12:17 PM PDT

    AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

    Posted: 02 Apr 2021 07:27 AM PDT

    Please help me.... i have played over 600 hrs of DS 2 SOFTS, and now it is unplayable. this has happened once before and i cant remember how i fixed it, i have a potato pc, but even it can run dark souls 2 just fine, consistent high FPS. However, after 5 minutes it stutters, after 10, its lagging, after 15, its a slideshow. I check my CPU usage and Jesus H Christ on a stick, its using 100% of my damn CPU. soon as i close the game (By this point I have to control panel force close it) everything reverts to normal, and when i start ds 2 softs again, runs like butter, then cold butter, then a fucking hailstorm of 2 and 3 fps. I dont know if i really fixed it last time or if it just stopped on its own.

    Edit: it fixed itself, no idea what changed, just started playing normally again.... strange af

    submitted by /u/cnelly_77
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best SM range for arbiter spirit invasion?

    Posted: 02 Apr 2021 11:08 AM PDT

    I play on PC and at 44 tier (SM over 45M so every player above gets matched) and it really takes long to find sinners (usually over 10 mins for one invasion). I tried making SM 2M character (SL 150 around) but it felt like I got fewer matches compared to very high SL zone. I've heard that SM around 2-3M has the highest number of players but it certainly doesn't have the highest number of sinners LMAO.

    submitted by /u/strangerwhodontknow
    [link] [comments]

    Stone Trader Chloanne Tomb location?

    Posted: 02 Apr 2021 09:50 AM PDT

    It is weird that I only find Gilligan Tomb location when I search for tombs locations...
    where are the other tombs?

    specially Chloanne ;-;
    plz

    submitted by /u/AbdoTolba
    [link] [comments]

    So i killed emerald herald and im mid game.

    Posted: 02 Apr 2021 09:28 AM PDT

    I hit her accidentally and then she didn't speak with me and I couldn't rest at the bonfire. I tried everything, even killing her. Im told that a grave will appear and i will be able to buy her back but nothing is happening and im getting worried. Please help me figure this out.

    submitted by /u/Bobo-Jons
    [link] [comments]

    Drangleic Castle

    Posted: 02 Apr 2021 02:53 AM PDT

    So i am in pickle. I managed to get to the Drangleic Castle area but the huge doors which should let me in castle are closed.

    Now i did killed all the enemy in there except for those 2 respawning dudes (have not died while clering it) but the doors remain closed.

    And reloading the game did not opended them.

    So is there any suoer hidden lever or something? Or am i just fucked?

    Also i did killed all the 4 to get in there and also have over 1mil SM.

    So how do i get in?

    Or shall i go 1st somewhere else?

    submitted by /u/Ejkelej
    [link] [comments]

    First playthrough, wish me luck

    Posted: 01 Apr 2021 08:14 PM PDT

    After playing Bloodborne, Dark Souls III, and Dark Souls: Remastered (and finishing the platinums in the reverse order), I'm starting my first run on Dark Souls 2. I've seen a few runs from folks on YouTube, so it isn't all going to be new, but I'm both cautious and excited to see what the most controversial Souls game has to offer.

    submitted by /u/ResponseExternal
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment