• Breaking News

    Saturday, April 10, 2021

    Dark Souls Weekly General Discussion Thread (April 09, 2021)

    Dark Souls Weekly General Discussion Thread (April 09, 2021)


    Weekly General Discussion Thread (April 09, 2021)

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 09:00 AM PDT

    Welcome to the weekly general discussion thread! This thread is for the community to discuss whatever is on their mind (whether it is Dark Souls 1 related or not).

    Have a question that you've been meaning to ask but haven't gotten around to making a post yet? Something on your mind you want to discuss? Playing a game that you think others would like? Comment away! All we ask is that you are respectful of each other, and have fun!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    So I touched up a dark wraith with my own style. Lmk what you guys think...

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 09:53 PM PDT

    https://imgur.com/LWdjDZa

    This is my first time doing any digital art, so any constructive criticism is much appreciated!

    submitted by /u/hungryhyena78
    [link] [comments]

    When did you first hear about Dark Souls? Why did you decide to play it?

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 09:50 PM PDT

    I first heard about Dark Souls years ago when the "YOU DIED" meme was big, but I was only interested in playing it after I had beaten Blasphemous! I'm so happy I did.

    submitted by /u/bnzng
    [link] [comments]

    This game was an absolute joy!

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 05:07 AM PDT

    Finished the game last night. I've been gaming since the days of sega genesis, and for a while games had a feeling of "been here, done this". Another RPG where japanese teenagers with fuzzy hair start out with a stick and end up fighting god. An adventure game in which you character uncovers a dark truth about the world you live in. Open world games where your character is a criminal and you do whatever you want. Everywhere you look, it's all the same. Different in the details, but still the same overall.

    Got DS-Remastered in a discount when I was buying a switch game for my boy. All I heard about it was the memes. "You died, Praise the sun" and that was it. Little did I know how great the experience would be. The feeling of acomplishment whenever you managed to advance. Reaching the bonfire down in Blighttown. Anor freacking Londo! The fear of walking in the invisible paths in Crystal Cave. Man, that was a jorney filled with absolute joy! Sure, several moments of absolute anger when I thought why I was doing that to myself. But now that it's over, the memory is just wonderful. More than anything, this is one of those rare games where you are not in control, and if you don't really try to learn from your mistakes, you literally WON'T advance. There's no hand holding in here, and that's so rare in games nowadays...

    Thanks to this subreddit for helping a lot. Got many tips and explanations here, spoiler free. You people are great! Don't you dare go hollow...

    submitted by /u/augusts450
    [link] [comments]

    Praise Joeseph and the Sun.

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 01:15 AM PDT

    A complete random helped me 5 consecutive times in beating Ornstein and Smough. I don't know why they helped, but they did and I'm very, very appreciative of it.

    The reason I'm making this post is because they died when Smough had only a sliver of his health left and I finished him alone. So on the extremely slim chance that you see this, you carried me to the Lordvessel.

    I don't play many multiplayer games, but the community for this one is just so magical to me. And apologies if this comes across as unnecessary to anyone, I just felt I owed this to Joseph as a form of gratitude.

    submitted by /u/DarkFury765
    [link] [comments]

    So I was hacked..

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 12:44 PM PDT

    I've read a bit up on it since it happened twenty or so minutes ago. But someone invaded me and proceeded to demolish me and trigger the "humanity restored" cycle, curse me, and infect me with a parasite. All my clothes and armor broke and essential NPCs are killed—virtually slaying my save file.

    I wanted to post this to remind everyone to manually back up your saves periodically if you're playing online, especially on the PC version.

    Stay strong skeleton!

    submitted by /u/Dublegano
    [link] [comments]

    Need a "hand" pinwheel

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 06:34 PM PDT

    Before you say r/summoningsign, I tried already, and if this doesn't work w.e, I'll just do it.

    Xbox one DSR.

    I've been doing a ng and I'm summoning for every boss\mini boss, it's been really fun so far, never played online before.... I'm at pinwheel and obviously no one needs help with them, but I'm trying to stay true to my idea so I'm waiting at the bonfire by the blacksmith in the catacombs

    Edit: THANK YOU ARTIC! finally someone put down a sign hah

    submitted by /u/ou812pwn
    [link] [comments]

    S&O first phase skip in ds1 remastered

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 03:38 PM PDT

    So my friend summoned me to his world to help with the S&O fight and we entered the room before the boss fight with the golems and black knight, we walk around the top to the staircase with solaire's summon sign. My friend was focused on killing the knight and i jumped off the stairs to hit the golem below me and when I touched the floor the game cut to the cutscene of ornstein's death and smogh absorbing him even though we never entered the fight. Smough was then running up to the fog wall and was able to barely hit us through the wall. We entered the fight and only had to face phase 2. Unfortunately we didn't get any video of it because it was so sudden and unexpected. If anyone has info on how to recreate this I'd appreciate it.

    submitted by /u/Ninpoe
    [link] [comments]

    First time beating Dark Souls, I’ve never had a game I was so relieved to end yet so sad.

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 12:35 PM PDT

    Here's to NG+

    submitted by /u/-ApocalypseReady-
    [link] [comments]

    is there a platinum flair for this sub?

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 04:15 AM PDT

    is there a platinum flair for this sub and if so how do I optiain it I platinum the game a while ago

    submitted by /u/Chibiseto8
    [link] [comments]

    Top 5 best areas in dsr

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 06:01 PM PDT

    In a perfect pace of dark souls, there's a good amount of areas to explore and I'm going to rank my top 5 favorite areas in dark souls remastered. Here's some disclaimers.

    Disclaimers:

    1.Opinon base:

    This is based on my personal opinion. If you don't like the area itself or find the area that you like isn't in the list, don't be too mad. Otherwise, it's fine to disagree.

    2.Based on:

    These areas are based on many factors. Enjoyment, treasury, visual design, playability, enemy variety and the mechanics of the area are examples that I'm going to focus at. Other factors can be determine as well, like difficulty of the area for example.

    3.Including:

    I'm including areas that are available in the base game and the expansion. However, I'm not including hub areas like firelink shrine and the quelagg's domain, as these aren't full on areas.

    After a that out of the way, here's my list for the top 5 best areas in Dark souls remastered.

    5.Darkroot garden:

    This area has a good amount of things going for it as an early game area. It has nice items to pick up, Including the hornet ring, wolf ring and some souls to get things started. The reward from the enemies is also good as well. The mushroom parents can drop gold pine resin, while the demonic foliage/ents drop moss clumps that are useful for levels like blight town to explore. The only enemy variety that I don't like are the three giant cats in a specific part of the area. Luckily, they can't respawn after killing them. The bonfire of the area is well placed, good for setting up for pvp or doing an early souls farm. The main reason why I couldn't put it higher on the list is because there's more areas that are more enjoyable than the darkroot garden, but the darkroot garden is still a good area to explore and it has a nice place to do pvp in there.

    4.Ash lake:

    While ash lake isn't the best area in terms of the enemy variety, the impact of the area is relatively awe. The signature treasure it has was the dragon scales that scatter around the area. It also has the great magic barrier, useful for countering magic builds. The ash lake hydra fight, while somewhat slow, has a good amount of engagement between you and the hydra. The hydra has the ability to go to the other side of the area, which is a nice thing in terms of difficulty for a miniboss. The atmosphere of the area felt calming, having a relaxing background music while also having a nice setting design to top it all off. However, I wish there's an actual boss that involves around that area. Like some form of a boss that can be access underwater that the hydra was initially spawn after killing sif for the covenant of artorias or some form of item that could make you go into the dark water. This would been a cool idea as a secret boss. But as it stands, it's still a worth while area to explore.

    3.Sens fortress:

    This area is what I like to call "the fun house". The placement of the traps is well designed, the treasury in this area is top tier, and the enemy variety is good. The items in specific are very useful, to the strong scythe and fun to use shotel. To a ring that's useful for getting rare drops from enemies. The amount of soul items is top notch as well. The elevated cages is an amazing shortcut from the top of sens fortress, to the start of sens fortress. The problem with the area however is the bottom part of the area. Despite the bottom part having some good treasure down there, the titanite demon seems to take the full space of that part of an area, the other two titanite demons has a rather fluctuating health pool compare to the first two titanite demons that are in the first half. That and the tar forces you to use the rusted iron ring for a ring slot that would otherwise slow you down is also makes it difficult fighting a titanite demon one in a time. But those are just minor complaints rather than a full problem nonetheless.

    2.undead burg and parish:

    Both of these areas has unique things going for it compare to other early areas in the game. While the enemy variety is lack luster in the undead burg, it has some memorable moments about the area. Like the undead male merchant having some good items in early game and the gold pine resin opening to defeat the Taurus demon easily. It also has a nice jump shortcut for the lower undead burg to get a shortcut to firelink shrine and other things going on in there. The undead parish is an advance version of the undead burg in terms of enemy variety and the varied treasure going on. There's also the bonfire that is right next to the best black smith in the game, Andre. The shortcut to firelink shrine and the return of the undead asylum is a nice touch to the area when it comes to playability. Undead parish has everything it has for an early game area, but there's one area that I think its better than both of these areas.

    Before I get to the number one spot, here's a few honorable mentions that didn't make the cut.

    1.painted world of ariamis: It's a cool area that has some nice treasure, secrets and the lore of the area is good. However, I found out the enemy variety to be frustrating, the wishing well path is full of bonewheel skeletons and it has some annoying bloated hollows that can induce a high amount of toxic build up if you don't roll away quick enough or having a long reach weapon. The area makes you unable to warp other areas once you get into the painted world bonfire. Nevertheless, it's a solid area to explore.

    2.The DLC/expansion areas: None of these areas are bad. In fact, the areas are pretty enjoyable to explore with the unique enemy variety and the rich items going on from the area. However, these areas doesn't suit my personal cup of tea with the annoying oolacile residents and the sorcerers ruining the fun. I also don't like how lack luster the chasm of the abyss enemy variety it has. That said, it's a good area to explore for high levels.

    3.Kiln of the first flame: This area is the best in terms of farming equipment from the black knights. I also like the first stair case from the area. However, Kiln of the first flame is a somewhat lacking area otherwise that has a single enemy variety and a run up to the final boss.

    After all that out of my way, here's the number one spot.

    1.anor londo:

    This is possibly one of the best looking areas in the game. It has just about everything from the area. It has treasure, bosses that gives you good rewards, it has a good amount of lore and secrets, and it has enemy placements that you have to be aware of. It was the area that brings me a lot of freedom since the amount of space from the end of the area. There's little things that I don't like about the area outside of some frustrating parts of the area. Anor londo is a fan favorite area that has a memorial return in dark souls 3, which is an amazing area to explore as well.

    I hope you enjoy my list about the best areas in DSR. The next list I'm about to do is the opposite, the worst areas in ds1/Dsr. This list will be released tomorrow or the next day.

    submitted by /u/raime10345
    [link] [comments]

    I did it guys!

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 08:46 PM PDT

    after playing for nearly a year and a half, I got the lordvessel and saw gwyneveres massive tits! huge boobs! they were gargantuan! never before have i seen boobies so lovely! i cant wait to platinum the game tomorrow! what an incredible game! it also helped me overcome depression!

    submitted by /u/SpaceyMcJew
    [link] [comments]

    Holding (or hard) Humanity - Is there a limit?

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 10:05 PM PDT

    I'm an avid gamer but new to Dark Souls so bear with me on this. I tried to find the answer online but no such luck.

    So this takes place in the pinwheel room in the Tomb of the Giants. I'm farming Humanity (item), minding my own business by killing baby skellies, when I see these golden bags spinning where I just picked up Humanity. My holding Humanity is at 99 and even though it's not directly stated anywhere (at least nowhere that I could find), it seems that the limit is 99. When looking online about Humanity, one site shows the benefits of Humanity discovery and weapon enhancement with the highest rating being at 99 humanities. I left and came back thinking it may have been a glitch but no dice. I also couldn't find anything about these bags. I'm assuming it's left in a bag because I can't carry anymore. Really sucks if that's the case but I have a few people I can spend Humanity on (Quelaag's Fury Sword after giving her 30 Humanity if I'm correct).

    It seems like I already answered my own question but I'm just looking for confirmation as I'm a stickler for details. TIA my fellow Undead.

    Edit:

    Here's a photo of the bags

    submitted by /u/DanielleDrs88
    [link] [comments]

    After 111 hours and many, many deaths I have finally platinumed Dark Souls Remastered!

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 10:33 AM PDT

    I can finally rest. Praise the Sun.

    submitted by /u/Traditional_Share157
    [link] [comments]

    Help with Knight's Honor trophy

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 03:53 AM PDT

    Currently doing a platinum run-through. I'm playing the game fully coop with a friend. Before getting into the run-through, I went onto an old save, joined my friend on that character, and dropped all useful items including weapons, for him to then give to my platinum run character. Will this affect trophies? Mostly looking at the weapons trophy as he dropped many of the weapons that are required to gather for the trophy.

    submitted by /u/Delicious22yr
    [link] [comments]

    Where should I start?

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 03:15 AM PDT

    I played Sekiro a while back, absolute gem.
    Really made me interested in the whole Souls genre, so I wanted to try the Dark Souls series out.
    Should I start with the first game? For some reason it's never on sale, but all the others are. Paying 40 bucks for such an old game (even if it is a remaster) doesn't sound ideal, especially since I'm not sure if I'll like it or not. 15 bucks for Dark Souls 3 seems way more forgiving though.

    submitted by /u/Xx_HellaTight_xX
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with Gargoyle Halbred +6

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 09:14 PM PDT

    DARK SOULS REMASTERED I upgraded my gargoyle halbred in anor londo and I can't upgrade it there anywhere I have been to a few black smith's but which blacksmith and where is he located do I need to go

    submitted by /u/Noah_Stricklin
    [link] [comments]

    How long do I have till I'm done?

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 02:17 AM PDT

    I have finally reached Anor Londo, but I have missed many bosses back in Lordran. So I'm wondering, from the place of someone who just reached Anor Londo, how long do I have till I finish the game? If it is only a bit till the end I want to go back and at least beat Sif, the Moonlight Butterfly and Ceaseless Discharge before continuing, but if I still have a long way to go then I'll just keep going, finish the game, and then fight everything someday in another playthrough.

    submitted by /u/StevetheNinja69
    [link] [comments]

    what’s better for parrying

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 02:00 AM PDT

    Ok so I way thinking a dagger like the dark tracer or something would the best but would you just be better off using a huge hulking weapon? (I worded this poorly I'm wanting to know what's better for getting dmg on a parry)

    submitted by /u/Buttertoto2002
    [link] [comments]

    Why has the remaster not gone on sale for 2 years

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 06:42 AM PDT

    I just want to play DS1

    submitted by /u/lanqynorfner
    [link] [comments]

    Do fire keepers souls respawn on ng+?

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 12:34 AM PDT

    The title is pretty self explanatory. I accidentally used the first fire keepers soul I got instead of giving it to a fire keeper. I was hoping to get said soul on my next playthrough if possible.

    submitted by /u/MasterChiefAlt2
    [link] [comments]

    Do fire keepers souls respawn on ng+?

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 12:34 AM PDT

    The title is pretty self explanatory. I accidentally used the first fire keepers soul I got instead of giving it to a fire keeper. I was hoping to get said soul on my next playthrough if possible.

    submitted by /u/MasterChiefAlt2
    [link] [comments]

    Can't upgrade weapons past +5 even though I gave andre ember and have large titanite?

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 12:26 AM PDT

    So I gave Andre the large ember and I have 2 weapons that are +5 (the claymore and the battle axe). I also have multiple large titanite shards, but there's no option to upgrade my weapons. If I go to modify equipment there's an option to upgrade but only if I have green titanite. I thought I could upgrade weapons using large titanite - if not, what's the point of having large titanite anyway? I'm new to dark souls so maybe I'm missing something lol. Thanks in advance for any advice!

    submitted by /u/historyseyes
    [link] [comments]

    Frampt's Ordeal: fanart comics

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 05:15 PM PDT

    I haven't played the game in years but recently I've got back into it. I was really hoping to do the darkwraith path this time but I didn't realize that talking to Frampt with the vessel automatically begins the cutscene. Oh well. Still having a blast. Especially since I discovered how awesome is the Claymore.

    https://imgur.com/gallery/Tq6AaMb[Frampt's Ordeal](https://imgur.com/gallery/Tq6AaMb)

    Btw, are there any similar swords to claymore i can make with any of bosses souls?

    submitted by /u/princeofexcuses
    [link] [comments]

    Some tips

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 10:30 PM PDT

    I'm doing sorcery only run. Give me some tips. I mostly need help on catalyst and levels.

    submitted by /u/filthycashe
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment