• Breaking News

    Thursday, November 12, 2020

    Dark Souls How speedrunners skip Sen's Fortress - explained

    Dark Souls How speedrunners skip Sen's Fortress - explained


    How speedrunners skip Sen's Fortress - explained

    Posted: 11 Nov 2020 11:33 AM PST

    Hey everyone, I am catalyst and I am a speedrun world record holder in both DS and DSR. Thinking it was a great idea to try and bring some of my speedrunning knowledge to the more casual audience, I've made this short video to explain some shenanigans when it comes to the Sen's Funhouse. Let me know if you like it, if you do, I might make more similar videos.

    Youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOu6mXZVkck

    submitted by /u/catalystism
    [link] [comments]

    In first, I hate it. ENG/FR

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 02:15 AM PST

    I am a big fan of Zelda game like OOT One day when I was 14 year's old, a friend passed me Skyrim, I loved this game and made it and remade it. After 400 hours I got bored and went to the game store. I asked the seller: I'm looking for a Zelda / Skyrim game but harder, I have no challenge in Skyrim, and even less in Zelda ... He said to me: I have what you need but keep a pile of laundry near you, you will want to throw your controller! He sold me Darksouls

    I went home, put the game in the PS3 and...hated it. After 1 hour of play, I removed it from the console and I no longer touch it.

    5 years later, I move to alone in a new town, my mother helped me to make the boxes and I didn't bring everything, my only game, Dark Souls 1, with a sigh, I give it a new chance...that was love! Then I bought it on PC then I bought the remaster and the second opus, my best bro gave me the 3, I spent more than 500 hours on this trio and I still play it today I never had a chance to thank the seller, but if you the seller of the microplay from Mont-Tremblant Read this, please know that I thank you from the bottom of my heart!

    Francais

    Darksouls

    Je suis un grand fan du Zelda game comme OOT Un jour quand j'avais 14 ans, un ami ma passé Skyrim, j'ai adoré ce jeu et je l'ai fait et refait. Au bout de 400h je me suis lasser et je suis aller au magasin de jeu. J'ai demander au vendeur : Je cherche un jeu du genre Zelda/Skyrim mais en plus dure, j'ai pas de challenge à Skyrim, et encore moins a Zelda...

    Il ma dit: J'ai ce qu'il te faut mais garde toi une pile de linge près de toi, tu va vouloir lancer ta manette! Il ma vendu Darksouls

    Je suis rentrer chez moi, j'ai mis le jeu dans la PS3 et j'ai détesté. Après 1h de jeu, je l'ai retiré de la console et j'y ai plus toucher

    5ans plus tard, je déménage dans une nouvelle endroit, ma mère ma aidé a faire les cartons et j'ai pas tout amener, j'ai comme seul jeu, Dark Souls 1, avec un soupire, je lui donne une nouvelle chance...ce fût l'amour! Ensuite je l'ai acheté sur PC ensuite j'ai acheté le 2 et mon meilleur bro ma offert le 3, j'ai passé plus de 500h sur ce trio et j'y joue encore aujourd'hui

    J'ai jamais eu l'occasion de remercier le vendeur, mais si toi le vendeur du microplay de Mont-Tremblant Lit ceci, sache que je te remercie du fond du cœur!

    submitted by /u/MaitreMarionnettiste
    [link] [comments]

    My 6 year old brother just beat dark souls 1!

    Posted: 11 Nov 2020 04:40 PM PST

    submitted by /u/shrekstolemylungs
    [link] [comments]

    I Beated Manus with a demon catalist, i just want to show this

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 01:43 AM PST

    Kalameet is a better boss fight than Midir

    Posted: 11 Nov 2020 05:15 PM PST

    After finishing Dark souls 3, and beating Midir, I gotta say it made me appreciate how great the Kalameet fight was, he killed me like +30 times and I raged like crazy, but every single time was because I made a mistake, his moves are easy to read, but you're always one mistake away from getting killed (if you panic after getting hit).

    When it comes to Midir, you have to fight the camera too, and just like with Nameless king, there is a weird problem with the perception of your attacks, where you miss hits that you feel should've hit. It IS difficult, but because of other reasons, like the insane health bar, the instakill beam and the attacks that seem to be unavoidable at first glance.

    I died like 12 times, and yes, you can defintely get used to it after a while, but it's defintely not a fun fight for me, it feels exhausting rather than challenging and it's not a fight I look forward to repeat.

    Artorias of the abyss is still the best DLC in my book.

    submitted by /u/jose3013
    [link] [comments]

    how do I stop worrying about using consumabels?

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 03:15 AM PST

    Hello, when I am playing Dark souls I am always afraid of using consumables due to worrying if they are too difficult to get more of. How do so many people just use i.e. resin, I am always scared of using these incase if I cant get any more of them.

    submitted by /u/jkxyz1337
    [link] [comments]

    I finally finished...

    Posted: 11 Nov 2020 10:37 PM PST

    I loved every bit of this game! It was honestly such a treat to be able to experience this game. I had to let my boy spoiler ;) help me with Gwyn, because he deserved it.

    Glad I now have experience with a Soulsbourne game so I can start Demon's Souls remake with some experience.

    submitted by /u/dentalfloss1234
    [link] [comments]

    Do the Thorn Gauntlets boost the damage of the claws?

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 04:18 AM PST

    It says on the wiki that it boost the attack damage of several fist weapons, but not specifically which. I wanna make a claw build, so that buff would be nice to have

    submitted by /u/Leruuu
    [link] [comments]

    What is your opinion on "armor noise"?

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 04:04 AM PST

    I guess you know what i mean lol Speaking for my self, i honestly absolutely love it, idk why, its statisfying for me and calms me haha

    submitted by /u/quip-kun
    [link] [comments]

    My first Vagrant encounter

    Posted: 11 Nov 2020 10:37 PM PST

    So I've heard about Vagrants before, a person dies with a large amount of humanity and doesn't retrieve it successfully, so an enemy is left behind that gives a reward if killed. I assumed it'd be a while before I would ever even see one, but it turns out I was wrong. I finally found out why the Anor Londo Silver Knight Archers were such a meme in the DS community, but as I was walking up the thingy I found a Vagrant right in the middle of it.

    It's not surprising because it's honestly one of the few places where you're likely to get yourself killed even if you're being careful, but I killed it and got a Twin Humanity! But yeah, it feels good knowing I managed to find one of those today, and I also killed three bosses, which is a lot to me personally, even if it's barely anything to someone highly experienced with the game. But yeah, all and all good day today.

    submitted by /u/ConnorjwMan
    [link] [comments]

    Make a new run

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 03:20 AM PST

    I would like make a new run at the end of my first one. What is the best choice ? NG+ or go for a new character for a new play style ?

    Thanks for your answers !

    submitted by /u/eWasMe
    [link] [comments]

    The Demon firesage is fucking annoying.

    Posted: 11 Nov 2020 04:37 PM PST

    I just arrived at Sen's and realized I forgot to ring the bell in Blighttown

    Posted: 11 Nov 2020 10:37 AM PST

    Fml lol

    submitted by /u/Leruuu
    [link] [comments]

    Is dark souls 2 worth buying

    Posted: 11 Nov 2020 05:58 PM PST

    I have every single from software game except for dark souls 2 and I I'm conflicted if I should buy it or not

    submitted by /u/xDlmfao69
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls Remastered - PlayStation 4 is 50% off

    Posted: 11 Nov 2020 10:27 PM PST

    Does the new Demon Souls game have the best graphics out of all Souls games?

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 04:07 AM PST

    I think Dark Souls 3 has better graphics

    submitted by /u/phirdeline
    [link] [comments]

    How ever puts orange signs about fake illusionary walls in dangerous places where you can fall off and lose all your souls ! ��

    Posted: 11 Nov 2020 03:08 PM PST

    Your moms is a hoe ! That is all rant over 😔

    submitted by /u/tinymina1
    [link] [comments]

    Saves?

    Posted: 11 Nov 2020 09:03 PM PST

    Is it possible to use a save file to skip the base game of dark souls 2? I really just want to play the dlcs and I've already beaten the base game a long time ago. Just wanted to know if it was possible. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/StorminVG
    [link] [comments]

    [Theory] Seath the Scaleless isn't Scaleless.

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 03:00 AM PST

    Im not sure how widely this theory is known or accepted, but a friend of mine told it to me in my most recent playthough and I've been trying to find out more information.

    We all know the story of Death and him being born albino ECT ECT ECT. With all that being said, the theory ive heard is that Death is in fact NOT scaleless, but was instead born inside out with his stone scales lying under his flesh. The main factor behind this theory is seen when you cut off his tail. If you look close at the cut-off part of the tail you see that inside is a layer of red muscle and tissue, but the core of the tail is filled with a dark grey coloring, very similar to the color of the stone scales we see in the opening cinematic and on the Stone dragon in ash lake. Of course its possible that its just severed bone and not scales, but the section that is cut off is so close to the tip of the tail I don't really think it would be bone. Maybe im wrong and this theory is instantly debunked, but if it's not bone then perhaps it is indeed his scales.

    If it is the case that he was indeed born inside out, then his quest for immortality was all for nothing. He already was immortal. He wasn't invulnerable though, since his skin was unprotected he could still be killed, which even if he did know about his scales would stl drive him to seek out how to become invulnerable which would still lead him to finding the primordial crystal.

    Let me know what your thoughts are on this theory. I like to believe its true, because it makes his story even that much more tragic. Maybe if he had known about his scales he wouldn't have been nearly as obsessed with his studies and thus wouldn't have gone mad by the time we meet him in game.

    submitted by /u/instilation00
    [link] [comments]

    Ds3 is on sale!!!

    Posted: 11 Nov 2020 11:07 PM PST

    Go get yourself a another great game from from. Basic game is 75% down and season pass(both DLC)50% down.

    Edit: on PS4.

    submitted by /u/Ejkelej
    [link] [comments]

    Titanite chunks

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 01:56 AM PST

    I need help. I want to upgrade my zweihander to +15, but i dont know where to farm titanite chunks and how many. Help me pls havent been in demon ruins and tomb of the giants do these areas not count.

    submitted by /u/NuggetPepperoni
    [link] [comments]

    My Dark Souls Remastered Xbox Series X "Auto HDR" thoughts... the brights pop!

    Posted: 11 Nov 2020 07:45 PM PST

    Pyromancies look incredible. Great Fireball, Combustion and Chaos Storm look like they have been enhanced in a remaster. Bonfires that are at +20 create an even better stark contrast to at times dreary environments. My pyro character was the most limited, but what I saw really shined through.

    Sorceries that I looked at were Soul Spear, Dark Bead, Homing Soulmass and Great Heavy Soul Arrow. Unfortunately, I didn't have Crystal Soul Spear or Crystal Homing Soulmass on any characters to test out. I would say Great Heavy Soul Arrow appeared to have the least impact of the HDR, with Dark Bead seeming to pop a bit more with the light purple effects and Soul Spear looking better but not incredible.

    For Miracles? Sunlight Blade looks vibrant and much better on the Great Club I tried it out on, Wrath of the Gods creates a really striking white with a bit of purple exploding outward orb, Great Lightning Spear pops more than Lightning Spear and brims with a crazy white gold color. Unfortunately, I didn't get Sunlight Spear from Gwyn in NG+ yet. I would have loved to see it, a damn shame.

    I haven't done a full runthrough of the bosses yet, I have seen the Izalith lava while walking through it and it seems much brighter and impactful. The snow in Painted World is less impactful with brightness and seems to have a more grayish look at best for the snow that should shine bright. I would love to see Queelag spouting lava and what Gwyn's sword looks like.

    Cheers, be free to mention anything you have seen and how it differs or remains the same.

    submitted by /u/honkyjesuseternal
    [link] [comments]

    Ahh I love misclicks

    Posted: 11 Nov 2020 11:34 AM PST

    Just imagine a beautiful dark souls day and your upgrading weapons with andre. You accidently click your normal attack when you exit out of andres menu. Andre goes beserk. You kill him. You didnt know you could cure your sins with the guy at the tower where you fight bell gargoyles. You cry yourself to sleep because you killed the only black smith that can upgrade your weapons past 10. And you havent gotten to anor londo yet. And you havent gotten to the bottom of the catacombs yet. Yea last christmas i got dark souls, a week later this happens. I was severly FUCKED for awhile. I hadnt even gotten past blighttown. Tell me about your misclicks

    TD;RL: Killed andre w/ a misclick, didnt know about sin guy.

    submitted by /u/Ultimate-NKL
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment