• Breaking News

    Friday, April 9, 2021

    Dark Souls 2 Weekly General Discussion Thread (April 09, 2021)

    Dark Souls 2 Weekly General Discussion Thread (April 09, 2021)


    Weekly General Discussion Thread (April 09, 2021)

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 09:00 AM PDT

    Welcome to the weekly general discussion thread! This thread is for the community to discuss whatever is on their mind (whether it is Dark Souls 2 related or not).

    Have a question that you've been meaning to ask but haven't gotten around to making a post yet? Something on your mind you want to discuss? Playing a game that you think others would like? Comment away! All we ask is that you are respectful of each other, and have fun!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Majula & Forest of the Fallen Giants.

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 04:04 AM PDT

    Just used the coffin and it actually came out pretty decently, the female charater doesen´t look half bad

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 10:20 AM PDT

    I just noticed that if you lock-on in this place it will aim at those branches above you

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 05:38 PM PDT

    I just quickly want to mention how much I would love FromSoftware to make a Pirate Souls game - I remember entering No-Man's Wharf for the first time & instantly wanting to traverse a pirate themed Souls game - An undead pirate aesthetic, fighting a plethora of undead marauders through land & sea��

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 11:25 AM PDT

    I tried no death no bonfire run for the first time...

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 02:05 PM PDT

    I got to final boss everything was nice and guess what happened? i died to the fricking NASHANDRA 10/10 never try again.

    submitted by /u/Ibretlikkedi
    [link] [comments]

    What are some main gameplay differences between 2 and 3 I should know about before buying this game?

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 11:11 AM PDT

    I'm planning on buying SOTFS on Steam while it's dirt cheap. I've played Dark Souls 3 four times, on a Dex, then Str, then Pyro, then Pyro NG+. I'm quite used to DS3 gameplay, and I'm more of a guide gamer than a blind playthrough gamer. I've heard about many gameplay aspects of this game being "terrible" or "mediocre" or "weird" and all sorts of things, but I'm open to try new things. What are some things I should know? Sorry if this question has already been asked for the umpteenth time, but I'm currently in school and don't have much time to browse deeply. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/picardiamexicana
    [link] [comments]

    I did it!!!!

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 04:34 AM PDT

    After around 20 attempts or so on Aava, 8 hours straight of farming loyce souls, and one slow fight with the final boss of the DLC, I finally have the Ivory King UGS and armour set for my character! I spent all day working on this and I feel so very happy that its done.

    submitted by /u/fizzlepizz77
    [link] [comments]

    Confusion ; On the dark souls 2 page on steam there is no option to buy the game, there is only the option to buy the season pass, and the game and all the dlc in a bundle (which I am interested in) but there is no option to buy the game. Does the season pass include the game ? Im really confused.

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 02:19 PM PDT

    the rat challenge the ultimate test of your dark souls 2 skills

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 02:16 PM PDT

    your mission should you choose to except it is simple

    RULES

    make a new characters
    you must kill every single rat in dark souls 2 enough so they no longer spawn
    your starting class must be deprived
    you may not equip anything including consumables like estus or firebombs
    you may only level up using souls gained from rats
    you may not use items in any way shape or form

    the challenge is over once there are no more rats in the entire game

    hard mode

    during any rat boss you must sing the jerma rat song as load as you can until the boss is dead

    if you die at any point during the challenge you must watch all of jermas rat movies at half speed

    submitted by /u/dulledegde
    [link] [comments]

    Is the Champion Covenant's effect permanent? Does it last after leaving it, or going into a NG+?

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 09:08 AM PDT

    I was considering joining the covenant so I can farm Sunlight Medals (online isn't working too well for me), as I know of its ability to keep creatures from de-spawning. What I was wondering was whether this (and its buffs) are removed once I leave the covenant or if I go into a NG+. Otherwise in order to get all the achievements, I'll wait until NG++ to join the covenant, as I wouldn't want to deal with stronger enemies for the entire playthrough.

    submitted by /u/PageTheKenku
    [link] [comments]

    Those who play on pc, what time do y’all play, I’m assuming Friday and Saturday during the evening but idk

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 01:23 PM PDT

    Just wondering if there's a popular time when ppl play because I'm tryna INVADE muhhahahhah. S

    submitted by /u/Davion-Shower-Handel
    [link] [comments]

    So i made a compilation of my PVP oneshots

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 09:23 AM PDT

    The criteria is simple: a full healthbar, 100 to 0 in a single blow

    these were done in sl150, no offensive spells

    https://youtu.be/yfmukYjVMes

    submitted by /u/ocksplee
    [link] [comments]

    some tests

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 06:47 AM PDT

    The fact that the elevator to Iron Keep goes UP instead of DOWN is hilarious

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 08:47 AM PDT

    Just finished my second play through and this really stood out. It's so damn funny! Like, if it went down to where all the lava was then ok, that SORTA makes sense! But riding that thing up and thinking something like, "Ok cool, I'm riding up out of this toxic bog area!" only to be greeting by fucking lava is so goddamn funny. I feel like they just forgot how lava works?? It's also a super long elevator! Like you ride up and up and up only do be in the depths of hell. It would be like riding the elevator after Guardian Dragon up to THE OCEAN???? I know there were development issues but them just leaving that in there is beyond funny.

    submitted by /u/Grrlpants
    [link] [comments]

    What is the difference?

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 11:10 AM PDT

    Help me

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 02:51 PM PDT

    If I leave Brotherhood of Blood covenant I will need another token of spite to enter again?

    submitted by /u/Ok_Dragonfruit_8925
    [link] [comments]

    Recommended way to play this game co-op?

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 10:53 AM PDT

    So, I'm gonna get this game for me and my friend now that it is on sale and I had a couple of questions first.

    1. Is this game fully playable co-op, and how good is the co-op system?
    2. Does co-op require the use of a humanity or ember system like in Dark Souls 1 & 3
    3. Should we play the game solo first, to see how it works and then play co-op or do we play the co-op right off the bat?
    submitted by /u/heavyisverygreat
    [link] [comments]

    Returning player who’s playing with a friend.

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 10:36 AM PDT

    I know about the soul memory matchmaking thing, I think I got that down. But can anyone suggest really fast/ good builds I can get fairly early on in the game so I can guide my friend through the game? I completely forgot the meta of weapons/ where to find them and we already ran through the other 2 DS games, he's just playing for fun kinda not necessarily looking for a challenge so i'm kinda carrying him through the games.

    submitted by /u/TerminalFat
    [link] [comments]

    Why is the PvP in this game objectively better than Ds3 PvP?

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 11:47 PM PDT

    Question mark.

    submitted by /u/GhostNsniper1
    [link] [comments]

    New to Ds2sotfs on PC

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 12:33 PM PDT

    I played ds1 and 3 with some friends and it some of the best fun ive ever had in gaming. Decided to pick up ds2 because I have heard its good fun. I will tank if you want with red eye or you can if you want. I'm doing a zweihander str/fth build

    submitted by /u/Apollo8937
    [link] [comments]

    Vanilla DS2 Removed from Steam

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 11:42 AM PDT

    Hey all, was vanilla Dark Souls 2 removed from the Steam store?

    submitted by /u/EddCoates
    [link] [comments]

    i need help

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 11:40 AM PDT

    i can't defeat sir alonne i'm doing 756 damage to him with the purser greatsword with the Channeler's Trident and Aromatic Ooze buffs i'm under 50% weight with the rings of blades +1 and Simpleton's Ring what do i do?

    submitted by /u/Mr_tyrant7
    [link] [comments]

    I finally completed my Dark Souls series Platinum Collection! 2 was the last one I had to do! BLESS THE SHRINE OF WINTER SKIP! PRAISE THE SUN!

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 12:20 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment