• Breaking News

    Tuesday, April 20, 2021

    Dark Souls Try the Enemy Randomizer mod they said. It'll be fun they said.

    Dark Souls Try the Enemy Randomizer mod they said. It'll be fun they said.


    Try the Enemy Randomizer mod they said. It'll be fun they said.

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 02:25 PM PDT

    The biggest shock in your first play through of Dark Souls is...

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 03:27 PM PDT

    ...Finding out Capra Daemon isn't the most BS boss and BlightTown isn't the most BS area.

    submitted by /u/TheMadHattah
    [link] [comments]

    Kalameet is down... but I still failed

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 02:26 PM PDT

    I was just randomly browsing reddit, then a thought crosses my mind, let's have a really short session for the day while giving Kalameet another try. And so I did. The shortest DSR session so far for me, like 1.5h.

    Started the game and here we go. Back to the waterfall. Someone said in the last post that I might be underleveled / underequipped. How right that dude was...

    I have a +5 Longsword. Yeah, that's how casual I am. Git gud scrub. Haha. I go to Andre for fixing this.

    Then I just find out you can actually enchant a weapon up to +15. I have 67.5h so far in DSR and I just found out this. I currently miss some Large Titanite Shards.

    I quickly look up on google for some spots to farm them. The Berenike Knights. So I just go to Sen's Fortress and farm the necessary Large Titanite Shards.

    Back to Andre. Longsword +15.

    Back to Black Dragon Kalameet. I deal double damage. Wow. And considering I had already learned all his moveset, this fight felt like a walk in the park. It really payed off somehow to play with an underleveled weapon though. All the bad to good in the end.

    But I failed. I failed in some manner. I tried so many times to cut off his tail for Obsidian Greatsword. I will let this to be a NG+ thing I guess. I get the souls, slab and arrows from the ground.

    Back to Oolacile Township bonfire. Up to Gough. He is surprised I killed Kalameet. And wishes me the blessing of Lord Gwyn's upon me. Little does he know I am just about to fight him as well, haha.

    In the end, he hands me his bow. Saying he has no need for it anymore since Kalameet is down.

    That's it for today's journey. As I said in the beginning, the shortest session so far.

    Don't you dare go Hollow!

    Praise the Sun!

    submitted by /u/miTzuliK
    [link] [comments]

    SL 90 Needs to be able to help others beat bosses

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 01:07 AM PDT

    Because of the sunlight covenant I need to be summoned to lower the faith requirement. I want to obtain the platinum on this run, and forgot to help others beat bosses before. Where could I possibly get summoned now? Am I too high leveled?

    submitted by /u/mat14ss
    [link] [comments]

    What would YOU do to fix the second half of DS1?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 01:27 PM PDT

    I think we can all agree that DS1's second half of the game is a bit off, especially compared to the first half. What changes would you make to the current second half of the game to make it better?

    submitted by /u/ThomasKG25
    [link] [comments]

    Almost 10 years of Dark Souls...

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 06:59 PM PDT

    I finally did it. I finished them all (Don't Judge me I've never had a chance to play Demon's Souls). After almost 10 years of Dark Souls I finally completed the 5 FS games. It's crazy how one game defines your video game interests for almost 10 years and stays strong the whole way through. I remember all the anger, hate, joy, adrenaline rushes from my first time playing through Lordran, Drangleic, Yharnam, Lothric, and Ashina. Earliest memory is still finally figuring out how to cheese the tauros demon after 3 hours of dying. Great game; Great series. Nothing more needs to be said. Praise the Sun!

    Dark Souls 1: Started Dec 2011 - Finished June 2012 100%

    Dark Souls 2: Started May 2015 - Finished April 2021 100%

    BloodBorne: Started March 2015 - Finished April 2020 100%

    Dark Souls 3: Started April 2016 - Finished Dec 2020 100%

    Sekiro: Started April 2020 - Finished April 2020 100%

    submitted by /u/ampacitee
    [link] [comments]

    Sunlight blade compatible weapons

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 11:24 PM PDT

    Do you have a list of weapon which can be used with that spell? Or it works eith every weapon

    submitted by /u/Salernoaless448
    [link] [comments]

    I hate myself so much right now for reverting progress

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 08:08 PM PDT

    Small vent, as I pretty much need to take a break from Dark Souls due to my stupid mistake. But... basically? Been using a USB drive to back up my progress. And... like a dumbass, I accidentally copied my save from two days ago onto my PS4 instead of vice versa, and I went from level 64 to 35. Really pissed. My Tank build was doing so good too.

    Gonna put down the game for now. That or just make another build. Because I have to re-live ALOT of hardship now. Atleast I can join the Darkwraiths.

    submitted by /u/ClassicStats
    [link] [comments]

    Just got cursed in the depths

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 04:22 AM PDT

    I got cursed by some huge eyed guys (?frogs?) in the depths and I have no idea what to do. I have half of my health bar gone, and since I have I think around 18 in VIT, my health bar is a joke. How do I get rid of it? It said some stone, but where do I get it? I rung the first bell, beat the capra demon and went down here. Also what do I do in the depths? It's confusing and I have no clue as to what to do.

    Thanks for replying in advance. This is also my first Souls game and I enjoy it so far

    submitted by /u/preacherofcringe
    [link] [comments]

    Did I trap myself in the catacombs?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 05:43 PM PDT

    I'm on NG+ and was rushing to get the gravelord servant covenant for the miracles. I jumped down to get to the second bonfire from the bridge above but the way back is blocked. It's there another way out or is my save ruined?

    submitted by /u/ButItWasMeDionysus
    [link] [comments]

    Beat first time. My thoughts

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 04:07 AM PDT

    I like this game. Time to add my two cents to this overused format.

    I thought that this game was great, It incited a feeling that makes me happy. I played as a parry God with a +5 lightning rapier. This weapon killed most things in the game without trouble though I did hit a few obvious walls. I beat the asylum, Taurus and gargoyles, first try because I tried to beat it before but I went hollow at the Capra demon. I think personally that the first half is my favouriye even if it doesn't have my favourite bosses.

    My favourites, were four kings, seath the scalless and Gwyn, lord of cinder. I like the four kings as they are fair and if you die, its your fault.

    For seath he is a dark souls boss that I believe is at its best. Im not saying its a massive quality masterpiece but It's an ideal dark souls boss. He is at the end of my personal favourite area, behind new Londo of course.

    Gwyn is my favourite for reasons I needent explain.

    Honourable mention to the balder knight that ambushes you and manus but manus was too easy to be fun for me (just kidding I never played the dlc).

    My least favourite is demon firesage, Capra demon and nito. Demon fireside was only a challenge to me because of his magic, it killed me more times then I like to admit, worsened by the painfully long walk back to the arena.

    Capra demon is rng at its worst and was the thing that turned me hollow last time I tried

    . Nito wasn't bad but wasn't good either. He is flanked by a posse of skeletons that respawn (unless you used a divine weapon on them like I did) infinitely, he is artificially difficult. He is easy enough when he doesn't have skeletons but they were pains.

    Other notable bosses are the bed of chaos. I didnt actually hate this boss. The rng may have just been nice but I had no trouble with them. Ornstein and smough were a block which I faced. They were satisfying to defeat and the only downside is now me and my mum aren't on speaking terms. I loved this game and am going to play dark souls 2 now. I hope to do well.

    submitted by /u/Full_Grapefruit_2896
    [link] [comments]

    Suffering from Post Traumatic Souls Disorder after beating this game.

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 08:55 AM PDT

    This game has ruined games for me. It was such a well crafted perfect experience. The level design was PHENOMENAL, literally the only game I've played that has been able to match Metroid Prime and Super Metroid's quality of level design. It is now my favourite game of all time.

    The combat is satisfying as hell. I've always been someone who plays everything on Easy Mode. Yes, I used summons to beat some bosses, but the fact I was even able to put up with the brutal combat for 60 hours says a lot about how satisfying this game is.

    The lore is fantastic, even if it's hidden away. I loved the characters and the voice acting was amazing. The Crestfallen warrior has got to be my favourite NPC in the game, even though I didn't learn until WAY after that it was him who had gone hollow in New Londo ;-;

    I'm currently playing Dark Souls 3, I love it, but it really isn't the same as 1. Has a significantly different feel to it (and god everything is so fast :s).

    But before starting Dark Souls I got really into Skyrim...I tried to go back and play it and I just couldn't. The combat just felt awful compared to Dark Souls. The world, while bigger, felt...bloated? I know Skyrim has really strong lore but it just feels unnecessarily big.

    So I guess I'll play Dark Souls 2 after I finish 3 but after that idk what other game is going to match up

    submitted by /u/SaidTheEmu
    [link] [comments]

    Summoning Signs for Co-Op Clarification

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 09:53 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I myself have been playing Dark Souls: Remastered for a little while now, and my friend just recently picked up the game. He wants to play the game cooperatively, so I started a new character with the intent to play with him.

    However, I'm honestly not sure how summoning signs work, as neither of us were able to summon one another, and I've done a fair bit of reading on them but I'm still a little confused at the moment and would greatly appreciate some clarification. Both of us were human, same level, etc.

    As I understand, however, the boss must still be alive for us to play with one another.

    Both me and my friend killed the Taurus Demon in our games, and tried placing our summoning signs (not simultaneously) at the bonfire right below the the Bridge Wyvern. Since the Taurus Demon is dead, is this why the summoning sign wasn't working? To kill the Gargoyle Demons together, would it have to be placed past the bridge, maybe near Andre?

    Furthermore, where exactly can summoning signs be placed in each "area"? For example, if we killed the Gargoyle demons, and then went to the Dark Root Garden behind the Titanite Demon, could I place it anywhere there and summon my friend? Or are there specific areas?

    I think I just need to know what exactly constitutes an area and where a summon sign needs to be in respect to an area's boss.

    EDIT: last question. How much of the game can we play/explore together? Is Co-Op viable just for fighting a boss, or can two players fight through large segments of a game together?

    Thank you for any help!

    submitted by /u/ms15710
    [link] [comments]

    Strange orb on stairs by Oolacile Township bonfire - What is it?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 03:27 AM PDT

    It was there, then it wasn't. Un-interactable, also

    https://imgur.com/a/qOZanbz

    submitted by /u/CumanPowder
    [link] [comments]

    Most Pathetic Question

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 02:35 AM PDT

    Does casting sorcery drop durability of catalyst? I could use more attunement slots and intellect for farming skeletons near firelink.

    submitted by /u/rico6822
    [link] [comments]

    First Playthrough Complete!

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 07:00 PM PDT

    I've played a few From games but never completed any. Always liked them but would get stuck and frustration would build. A buddy of mine recommended I give Dark Souls another shot and man I'm so glad that I did. What an experience with so many moments. He always told me there's a moment where the souls games just "click" and he was so right. By the time I got to Anor Londo I felt like I was starting to understand the pacing and was feeling pretty good. Then O&S happened. They took me far longer than I would care to admit, but I didn't give up and I didn't summon (I wanted to do this on my own). Over and over I fought them, getting closer each time, and finally they were defeated. Once I got through them I had a feeling of accomplishment that I haven't gotten from a game in a long long time (probably since the water temple in Ocarina of Time)

    With O&S vanquished I felt I now had the tools to get through this game, and I was right. One after one areas and bosses fell, and my buddy was right there along the way to help with questions I had or to just share in my excitement. Thank you to this beautiful game for giving me an incredible gaming experience as well as strengthening a friendship along the way. Dark souls is truly remarkable.

    On to DS3

    Praise the sun!

    submitted by /u/mkamp02
    [link] [comments]

    Can’t summon Solair

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 02:17 AM PDT

    So I'm pretty new to playing Dark Souls, played bloodborne a ton and Demon's Souls too.

    I'm really struggling with the bell gargoyle and wanted to summon Solair for help. I've been to see him at the end of the bridge and went through his dialogue and answered yes to his questions. Yet when I go to fight the bell gargoyle his sign is not there. What do I need to do to make his sign appear, am I missing something?

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/drose349
    [link] [comments]

    As someone who just started this game, I have to say this...

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 11:58 AM PDT

    Man this game makes me feel weak, like really, very, extremely weak. Damn you Fromsoft for making all of your games this different! After a solid 200 hours in DS2, I tought I might give DS1 a try. So far, I miss knowing actually where the fuck I'm actually supposed to go... after the Capra Demon when I went back to the firelink shrine via the tunnel, I was seriously confused where the hell I've been.

    submitted by /u/Ddronoz
    [link] [comments]

    I’m upset

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 09:33 PM PDT

    I hope you're on Reddit while playing right now. I've been trying to beat S&S for so long and I only had one humanity left so I saved it to summon another player to help me. You invaded me. When me and my summon made it to you at the grand floor of Anor Londo you stood waiting and I was hoping you'd let me pass with my summon so I could finally beat this boss after dying so many times I couldn't count. My summon tried to kill you, and then you killed me. I lost my last humanity and now I don't know what to do. I have tried so many times to beat S&S that I don't think I can do it without help.

    I know I spent a lot of my humanity on Solaire and I got so close so many times. I should have saved more humanity to summon other players. I know it's not your fault, you're playing the PVP game as it's intended. But I'm going to blame you because now I feel stuck at S&S and I'm stubborn and sad.

    submitted by /u/sluiceboy
    [link] [comments]

    Capra demon help Nintendo switch please help me he uses hacks to get his victories and I’ve died a lot to him

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 07:16 PM PDT

    The name says it album on switch please dm me if you can help

    submitted by /u/Subject_Starwars137
    [link] [comments]

    Challenger Andy all Gwyn run

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 04:57 PM PDT

    I have to start this post by saying that everyone who sees this needs to watch and like this video and give the creator a follow. This is an absolute MASTERPIECE from u/Challenger_Andy (please give him all the love and not me).

    Here's the video: https://youtu.be/JjcpqFRnGuQ

    This popped up on my youtube yesterday and i'm not sure if i have ever been more happy than i was while watching it.

    This video is worth every second of your time and will have you dying of laughter, and it is even better if you watch part 1 first (linked in the other video's description)

    I also highly recommend his other videos if you need that sweet, sweet dopamine hit.

    submitted by /u/tlk_music
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone drop me a bunch of souls on DSR switch?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 11:58 PM PDT

    I wanted to mess around more on the portable port of this game but I don't really feel like starting fresh and I wanted to match my PS4 level. Can anyone drop me souls?

    submitted by /u/HeelEscape
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment