• Breaking News

    Sunday, December 20, 2020

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Salty Sunday.

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 10:07 PM PST

    Today's Salty Sunday is brought to you by the Bed of Chaos

    Being Gravelorded in Anor Londo? Died to Bed Of Chaos for the 100th time? Checked your phone for a second, only to run off a cliff and lose your bloodstain?

    Grab a spoon and watch your blood pressure soar! All complaints are welcome here. Just keep things civil and follow the Posting Guidelines in the sidebar.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    First time playing dark souls, just killed Solaire! This game is so amazing!

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 05:15 PM PST

    Haha he wasn't even hard everyone worships him and says praise the sun and whatnot but he died in two hits lol anyways I'm struggling really hard on the gargoyles can anyone help??

    submitted by /u/praedeth
    [link] [comments]

    Man, I hate this place but here is a nice scenery of Anor Londo.

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 09:08 AM PST

    The resolution is low because my PC can't run DS: PTDE well lol, even with DSFix.

    Here is the picture: https://imgur.com/gallery/GhT6H9i

    submitted by /u/noob_boi420
    [link] [comments]

    First time playing Dark Souls, just killed Knight Artorias. Love this game!!

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 06:19 AM PST

    Hey All,

    First Reddit post here lol, but I just wanted to say how much I'm loving my experience with this game. I first picked up a From Software game early in 2020 with Blooborne, loved it! I then played Sekiro. I've been playing Dark Souls remastered for the past couple weeks, and there is just something so awesome about this game. The world design, bosses, and the way the game motivates you to explore, practice and get better. Rarely have I gotten such a satisfaction from beating a boss or leveling up. I'm playing the dlc now (I'm right before the Sif fight in the main story), and after about 7 tries, I finally beat Artorias, no guides, just trial and error and knowing deep down that I've learned his move set and have the right strategy. Such an awesome boss, and such a great feeling when you beat him! Anyways, just wanted to share my experience, and would love to hear all your thoughts on favorite bosses and thoughts on the game :)

    submitted by /u/sashanatz8
    [link] [comments]

    I drew an angsty fanart for Soul of Cinder

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 05:36 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/z0Up15R

    don't hurt me I get upset easily

    submitted by /u/UnNecessaryTurtle
    [link] [comments]

    Weird how everyone has different difficulties on every boss

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 12:07 AM PST

    I find it astonishing how every boss can be a different to everyone based on their mindset and their build. For instance I could beat Artorias with a toothpick but Seathe for some reason can easily curse me or ruin my health with his crystals.

    submitted by /u/ChampionAwairaz
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat the game holy shit

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 10:09 AM PST

    This would be my second of the souls like games but the jump in difficulty from Demons' Souls was surprising. I liked the game, mostly. There are a few areas that felt rushed or uninspired (Demon Ruins). But I overall enjoyed the game. I've heard people say Gwyn is easy compared to most bosses but I surprisingly died more to him than anyone else. That includes O&S and Manus. Might've had to do with my two handed build though, as I never bothered to level up strength more than enough to two hand the weapon I was using because I don't care for shields honestly and the extra damage from two handing was nice. This meant I didn't engage with the parrying mechanic and apparently parrying makes Gwyn easy as I've seen from discussions after I beat the game. Manus was the hardest boss by far, easiest... like Pinwheel. I look forward to doing DS2 now, though I've heard it's... not the worst, but the least good souls game. Either way, I'm going in with optimism lol. I am proud of beating this game as it was an ordeal. Only took like 40 hours.

    submitted by /u/RoboticSausage52
    [link] [comments]

    Average Death Rate

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 03:52 AM PST

    I often see people saying they have 30 deaths to a boss and it's on the higher end. I usually rly struggle wif bosses before beating them. I remember I died to O n S at least a 100 times, most likely 150. Champion Gundyr in DS3 at least 90 times as I used an ember for the fight and ran out. I still had fun but I was wondering about the statistics!!!

    submitted by /u/super_dumb_ass_
    [link] [comments]

    This game changed how I judge videogames

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 01:57 PM PST

    Was never a fan of RPG's, all I knew about Dark Souls in particular, was that it was incredibly difficult and I didn't thought that was enough to make me play it. Little did I know that describing this game simply as "incredibly hard" is a great understatement. This game is a masterpiece, the way the map is connected and takes no time to load, the amount of choices you can make in relation to your build the epicness of boss battles, the soundtrack, the grandiosity of this world is hairlifting. This game made me look at games differently, the challenge makes this game beautifully complex and rewarding. This was my first DS game, trying to beat it and play DS2, DS3 and Demon Souls, wish me luck on this journey. I won't dare give up on beating this game and going Hollow.

    submitted by /u/OrderChaosBalance
    [link] [comments]

    Another "I beat dark souls for the first time" post

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 10:58 PM PST

    I got the Black Knight Great Sword from the very first black knight in undead burg. That made the game very easy. Fuck you.

    submitted by /u/Milk-Snake
    [link] [comments]

    Dark souls changed me

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 10:09 PM PST

    When quarantine first hit me I lost my job, I couldn't see my friends, and I was having trouble paying my mother off because I was slowly losing money in paying her and my bills. A few years ago I got dark souls because why not. I tried it wasn't my cup of tea at the time. I for some reason picked it up again back in May. While I died numerous times it lit a fire in me that didn't exist. I went through boss after boss from the asylum demon to oreinstein and smoug to artorias and finally gywn lord of cinder and I have over 200 plus hours on dark souls 1. This gave me a new appreciation and it made a fan out of me and I immediately bought the rest of the games in the series.

    I didnt like dark souls 2 wasn't a fan of the slower combat so I dropped that. But I'm playing Dark Souls 3, Sekiro, Bloodborne, and I'm having a BLAST. I also learned to not give up. When my back was against the wall when I fought oreinstein and smough I didn't give up, and now its made a man out of me and I appreciate it so much, I also started to play Deus ex and now I'm finding it difficult which one to play first I love both series. Anyway I'm done rambling I felt like I needed to get this off my chest. This was the most appropriate place to do it

    submitted by /u/BiggyBonesDoesReddit
    [link] [comments]

    I finally did it

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 03:03 AM PST

    Finally I have finished NG7 on my Nintendo Switch. Handheld Souls all the way!

    submitted by /u/mickirito
    [link] [comments]

    At which point in the game did you realise "I need to learn how to parry"

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 02:34 AM PST

    For me it was in Anor Londo facing the infamous archers. It was a painful learning experience but now no Silver Knight will ever best me

    submitted by /u/Frisolino
    [link] [comments]

    The concept of the bucket knight and some of the areas we love

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 02:09 AM PST

    Lets take a time warp from 2011 fromsoft to 1999 -jagex studios- the year i graduated-- runescape or as it is now known as old school runescape-i decide to reactivate my account and im in the area known as hill giants-- im dressed in h5 rune armour and using the hill giant club-- i take a look and i freak out due to i think im in the tog using a str/faith and looking like solaire--the hill giant club is a 2h and looks just like the great club and it has its r1 light attack--- the area os like tog except well lit-- so i go to the ice giants and i think of the crystal caves of seath-- next i go to the volcano where elvraag the dragon and i think of lost izalith--then i teleport to my home and the hub is the bank- and i think bonfire and instead of having souls i have almost a million gold--- all of this is 2 say 1999 jagex studios and runescape- i think helped fromsoft team if they played on the Macintosh back in the day helped 2d go 3d and concepts lead to the beloved dark souls franchise

    submitted by /u/KenN_FurY
    [link] [comments]

    I'M ON FIRE!!!!! (both literally and figuratively)

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 01:51 AM PST

    I beat Demon Firesage on my 1st try, Centipede Demon on my 3rd try with Solaire and now am right before Bed Of Chaos which I died to previously. Any suggestions on Bed Of Chaos?

    Edit: I just realised I have NO ARROWS

    submitted by /u/MechaBowzilla
    [link] [comments]

    My embarrassment is unreal

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 12:34 PM PST

    So I started streaming DS1 (like my 7th run) and it was NG, not NG+ or anything and I got the Zweihander +1 and I went to the gargoyles, with to much confidence that Kanye would be impressed I went through that fog gate... THEN DIED TO THE FIRST GARGOYLE. Reminder, I was streaming and only one person saw me fail as bad as I did, but that guy has to be very unimpressed, I then stopped my stream out of anger. The moral of the story I guess is don't get to high of an ego or else your going to embarrass some guy (or girl) watching you stream. Ok bye have a nice day/night/3:35 pm if your in Florida and are reading this the second it comes out.

    Edit: actually the fire is what killed me right as the 2nd gargoyle spawns.

    submitted by /u/PraisingOnion
    [link] [comments]

    I finally got a game pad, which dark souls game should I play if I’m only going to play one of them?

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 06:29 PM PST

    I know I'm going to get biased answers since there is no general ds sub

    submitted by /u/TOFUelemental
    [link] [comments]

    [DS1] is it worth getting into the PvP of this game?

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 11:57 PM PST

    I played DS3 PvP for a couple hundred hours now (not proud of it), and DS1 PvP has always interested me because it seems to take a lot more skill or whatever, but I really don't know anything about it. I don't have DSR on PC right now, but I'm debating on getting it for the PvP, only if it's worth it in 2020. I played DS1 a few years ago, and I loved it.

    So is the game still alive? How's the community, too? Is it worth it to really get into the PvP in this game?

    Also, DS:PTDE or DSR for PC, which is more alive/better?

    submitted by /u/mfspjp95
    [link] [comments]

    Best set up for sorcery build

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 11:56 PM PST

    Beat the game as melee and started a new character. So far I've go to oocaile catalyst, grass crest shield (because it takes forever to run because my end is so low) dusk helm, rest crimson armor, fap ring and dragon crest ring, bought spells from Griggs and Logan so I'm rocking heavy soul arrow and great heavy soul arrow x 2 each. Anything is missing anything? Been pouring all upgrades into intel.

    submitted by /u/bennyboots94
    [link] [comments]

    In remembrance to our dear Sunbro

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 06:25 AM PST

    Solaire you were always searching for the sun, undeterred by those who laughed at you. Only if you knew that you were our sun all along. Praise the Sun, dear sunbro, \[T]/ you will never be forgotten.

    submitted by /u/ShayD7118
    [link] [comments]

    How fun/alive is the PvP of DSR (PC)?

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 11:52 PM PST

    I played DS3 PvP for a couple hundred hours now (not proud of it), and DS1 PvP has always interested me because it seems to take a lot more skill or whatever, but I really don't know anything about it. I don't have DSR on PC right now, but I'm debating on getting it for the PvP, only if it's worth it in 2020. I played DS1 a few years ago, and I loved it.

    So is the game still alive? How's the community, too? Is it worth it to really get into the PvP in this game?

    Edit: DS:PTDE or DSR for PC, which is more alive/better

    submitted by /u/mfspjp95
    [link] [comments]

    Dark wraith covenant

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 11:44 PM PST

    Hello there

    I am doing a run where I want to join as much covenants as possible, using the fire link shrine serpent to do some "tricks" but I am missing the darkwraith so I want to know if with this interactions I can still join the covenant

    1. Have lord vessel but still not put in the altar
    2. Spoke with the fire link shrine serpent and said yes

    Edit: you can join the covenant and have both snakes JUST DO NOT PUT LORD VESSEL IN THE ALTAR

    submitted by /u/A01022918
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat O and S on second playthrough!

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 06:41 PM PST

    On my first playthrough I died 30 times and summoned(only boss I summoned for in ds1) and now after going through ds3 and now starting a new character in ds1, I came in with a +4 Quelaag's Furysword and wrecked them!

    submitted by /u/Cardboard_The_Box
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls and it's influence on my personal life

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 04:44 PM PST

    Just as the title says...

    Many a time have I found myself pondering over a task because it seemed too difficult or too long, but dark souls was probably one of the biggest things that I experienced to make that view change, the constant struggle on bosses and even the most simple enemies taught me to not give up so easily and keep going at it and in the end you'll benefit highly, Dark Souls has been a part of my life for a while but only recently have I set my mind to it and beat the game, I want to thank everybody on the reddit for being there when I had a question or was unsure on something. Love this game and love this community, Thank you From Software and thank you r/darksouls such an amazing community.

    submitted by /u/Atheria02
    [link] [comments]

    PvP in the woods

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 03:14 AM PST

    Quick shout-out to the woods and the day last week where the pvp there was kinda alive again :) made a video and I'm hoping the PvP scene stays alive for a bit longer :)

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEtBOKNnQrQ&t=61s

    for newcomers: the PvP on PS4 is still active, with right sl and in the right areas you'll still get your action!

    submitted by /u/mrmash90
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment