• Breaking News

    Friday, April 30, 2021

    Dark Souls Holy shit... I just beat Super Ornstein... this felt better than beating Gwyn.

    Dark Souls Holy shit... I just beat Super Ornstein... this felt better than beating Gwyn.


    Holy shit... I just beat Super Ornstein... this felt better than beating Gwyn.

    Posted: 29 Apr 2021 05:25 PM PDT

    I've played DSR for a couple of years now. I took a Quality Paladin to NG+4 and a Dex Pyro to NG +5. That entire time, I had never beat Ornstein second. I tried probably 30 times with my paladin and maybe 20 with my Pyro but every time I got frustrated, gave up, and just killed Ornstein first and then went in for a running attack every time super Smough did his butt slam.

    After a long DSR break, I decided to make a pure-strength character. I'm doing no magic/pyro/miracles and trying to do everything with just my equipment and estus. I leveled my Great club up to maybe +7 and was ready to go get O&S over again. I was entirely trying to beat Ornstein first but I accidentally kept hitting Smough. Finally, I killed him and thought "Shit... now I am going to lose to Super Ornstein. Well, I guess I'll just try it and then run back for a second try after I die." And holy shit, I beat Super Ornstein. I got my Leo ring for the first time and am going to buy the Ornstein set to wear it around with pride.

    Literally, I was more proud of this moment than any other Dark Souls moment. Beating Gwyn was great and beating O&S the first time was even better but finally beating Ornstein after years of failure was the best thrill.

    edit: It turns out that the Leo Ring and Souls of Ornstein are completely useless for a strength build. Oh well. I'm still wearing the armor! Any spear-type characters want me to co-op drop them the leo ring and dragonslayer spear?

    submitted by /u/legalbagelbeagle
    [link] [comments]

    Just completed my own custom challenge run! After undead asylum, kill Sif and the 4 kings. No other bosses allowed. (No master key)

    Posted: 29 Apr 2021 02:30 PM PDT

    Decided to try and make my own challenge just for the heck of it. Basically, I can't step foot inside the undead burge or lower undead burge. Ever. For the entire game. I can enter the church with the gargoyle boss, but I can't go past the front of the church. (The outside area with the stairs and halberd).

    I also could not start with the master key, or kill any other bosses besides Sif and the 4 kings until those bosses are dead.

    Why? Because it's possible. And it was actually super fun! I highly encourage anyone to try it!

    submitted by /u/JohnLockeN7
    [link] [comments]

    What dark souls game has a roundhouse kick?

    Posted: 29 Apr 2021 05:41 PM PDT

    Guys I have been wracking my brain and furiously googling and I can't figure it out

    I KNOW that I remember being able to do like a backwards roundhouse kick in one of the dark souls games. Am I going crazy or does this exist?

    I tried the skeleton glove in 2 and the jump kick and like spinning like ankle kick aren't what I'm thinking of.

    the character like, bends over, turns around and then throws a kick starting backwards and swinging around to the front, like literally a backwards roundhouse

    This exists in one of these games right??

    Edit: I found an example! 0:50 second mark, what is it!!!

    Edit 2: thanks everyone for trying to help. I finally remembered, it was a part of the Cinders mod that gives the player character Gundyr's kick. I never really mod my games so that didn't even enter my mind but I watched a streamer play Cinders a while ago and THAT's what I was thinking of. God I feel stupid lol. Genuinely felt like I was going insane.

    submitted by /u/VictorPumpenstein
    [link] [comments]

    How to beat the Capra Demon?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 03:25 AM PDT

    And if there aren't any solid tips, I would at least like to know where Andre is. I've found the Valley of the Drake's, New Londo Ruins, and the Catacombs, all of which I'm pretty sure I'm not supposed to be at right now. I'm pretty sure I have to get to Blighttown next, and I think the Capra Demon is guarding the way down. Currently I haven't upgraded any of my equipment yet, and I went for a pyromancer. I haven't found anyone to sell me any new pyromancies, so I'm just stuck with my 8 Fireballs for now. Other than that, I'm using a halberd in my right hand, but the second I get in the Capra Demon room, I'm immediately attacked and almost die. So, any tips on how to either find Andre, a Pyromancy vendor, or a way to beat the Capra Demons?

    submitted by /u/Gray32339
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls gameplay sumed up in (almost) 10 seconds

    Posted: 29 Apr 2021 07:17 AM PDT

    I just beat Dark Souls at SL1 - Solo with no pyromancy!

    Posted: 29 Apr 2021 04:50 PM PDT

    Gwyn was the toughest boss for me personally, getting the parry timing down was difficult. I think I have the least experience with him since lots of characters I make tend to stay in the NG cycle. O and S were tough as well. There are many situations that you just glide through with a normal character that become road blocks at SL1. The ghosts in New Londo were particularly tough on my way to get the key. I have to say this challenge was one of the most enjoyable experiences I've had playing Dark Souls so far.

    Now on to do the same in Dark Souls 2! Wish me luck.

    submitted by /u/Lurk3456
    [link] [comments]

    Question about joining the Sunbros in NG+

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 01:00 AM PDT

    So I was hoping to try and 100% the game, but I unfortunately didn't do enough summons to bypass the faith requirement to join the sunbros.

    I've now started NG+ (SL 90) and was wondering where my best chances will be to be summoned so I can join the sunbros? How active is summoning at the moment?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/BakedBeans77
    [link] [comments]

    Thanks to everyone who recommended a Bow Only playthrough - it does present some unique challanges indeed.

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 02:19 AM PDT

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CeHQxgaQ2s

    Second phase tho' - I must say I wasn't expecting that.

    submitted by /u/Werchiel
    [link] [comments]

    Do standard weapons only upgrade to +5?

    Posted: 29 Apr 2021 05:48 AM PDT

    I'm at anor Londo and I can only reinforce my claymore and shield to +5 then I can't upgrade them anymore. In the other games, standard weapons go up to +10. What am I doing wrong?

    Edit: Thanks to you guys, I now have a +10 Halberd and just beaten O&S!

    submitted by /u/DerpyNachoZ
    [link] [comments]

    So, Artorias is in Castlevania Season 4

    Posted: 29 Apr 2021 06:24 PM PDT

    I hate the Capra demon so much

    Posted: 29 Apr 2021 07:33 AM PDT

    So I've been trying to beat the Capra demon, but every single damn time I enter, I get killed within seconds, anyone know any tips?

    submitted by /u/--TreeTreeTree--
    [link] [comments]

    Demon fire sage is harder than Gwyn, you can’t change my mind

    Posted: 29 Apr 2021 09:49 PM PDT

    In NG+ after beating the game earlier today, currently stuck on the firesage for the second time in the past 24 hours.

    submitted by /u/Jager_needs_buffed
    [link] [comments]

    If you give 60 Humanity to the Fair Lady, does the door stay open indefinitely?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 03:41 AM PDT

    Just a hypothetical, I'm not grinding to 60 humanity just so I can skip two bosses.

    And by indefinitely, I mean if I can join the Darkwraiths and the door will still be open for my future playthroughs.

    submitted by /u/DarkFury765
    [link] [comments]

    Darkwraith PVE Cosplay Challange Run Idea

    Posted: 29 Apr 2021 05:50 PM PDT

    I recently finished my sl1 run and wanted to try something creative. This is what I came up with.

    //rules Hp can't exceed 525 Darksword AR can't exceed 370 No estus healing Can only use dark wraith / abyssal gear Dark lord ending Drain humanity and kill every human npc

    //tentative rules No rolling

    I havnt descided if I could do no rolling. Darkwraiths don't roll so that's why I considered it. I just don't know if my skill is at that level. I can use the dark hand shield tho so maybe it wouldn't be too bad. Lmk what you think or if you'd try this. Of course it would require assistance from CE to get started.

    submitted by /u/kenichimightiest
    [link] [comments]

    Wondering if a mod will keep me from being unbanned?

    Posted: 29 Apr 2021 08:45 PM PDT

    Hey all,

    So I've been playing a lot of the Dark Souls series for the past few months. And I've been loving it. However, somewhat early in my NG+ of Dark Souls Remastered, I decided it would be fun to mess around with cheat engine a bit. Not using it for pvp advantages, just adding in a couple weapons and whatnot. You know, basic stuff. I also got a Link mod (https://www.nexusmods.com/darksoulsremastered/mods/89?tab=description), which I've been really enjoying.

    Today when logging onto Dark Souls Remastered I got the message: "Restriction on your account. Data fraud has been detected on your account, and no improvement has been seen. A game play with unauthorized data is a violation of the online service user policy (Artivle10: Prohibited Acts)." And then it clicked in my brain - I hadn't turned my game to offline mode when messing with Cheat Engine.

    So I immediately loaded the save from before I started messing with cheat engine, but the Link mod is still installed. To be honest I like playing with it and if I have to remove it to play online that's fine, but I'd like to continue using it if possible.

    TL,DR:

    Is it too late to be unbanned with a fresh save file, and will the Link mod prohibit me from being unbanned?

    Thank you to whoever reads this, I greatly appreciate any help or advice. Cheers.

    submitted by /u/JoeFilms5420
    [link] [comments]

    Is Maughlin required for the Gathering of Exiles achievement?

    Posted: 29 Apr 2021 08:27 PM PDT

    I wanted to get his armor early game for easy soul farming cause I'm gonna do a hex build. But I don't really know if I need him for the achievement cause I'm gonna complete all achievements.

    submitted by /u/Bezoomny08
    [link] [comments]

    Need a hand ?

    Posted: 29 Apr 2021 08:27 PM PDT

    So I'm free to give a hand to anyone that needs it.

    I'm on PS4, I'm trying to get three boss assists to lower the faith requirement for the Sunbro covenant and I've got one assist left.

    The only bosses I can't assist with are Seath, and any of the Lost Izalith bosses (Demon Firesage/Centipede Demon/Bed of Chaos) as I haven't reached those in my NG+ playthrough yet.

    Drop me a password and a target/goal with a boss (baiting Kalameet for a tail cut etc.) and I'm good to go.

    submitted by /u/The_Fingersmith
    [link] [comments]

    Sale DSR

    Posted: 29 Apr 2021 04:36 AM PDT

    Just for your information, IndieGala is selling DS:R for PC at less than 19$, DS2 SotFS at less than 9$ and DS3 Deluxe at less than 19$.

    submitted by /u/omega_86
    [link] [comments]

    A few Q's about Sens Fortress.

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 01:50 AM PDT

    I run through the Fortress, defeated the Boss a few Minutes ago. My Problems are the following : 1. What is with the empty room in near the Boss fight? (It's inside one of the Towers, gas a few Chairs and a Table) 2. I heard something about a Knight named Tarkus, where is he?

    P.S.: I did the Fortress as Hollow if that is the Explanation

    submitted by /u/HUE_Z3r0
    [link] [comments]

    Bit of a let down

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 01:34 AM PDT

    I spent the first half of the game really excited about getting to lost Izalith, it sounded so interesting but upon arrival it was such a let down. Copy and paste enemies and was just boring overall with no challenge. At least Oolacile made up for it, definitely my favourite area now

    submitted by /u/Gods_Grandad
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Moon Blade question

    Posted: 29 Apr 2021 09:35 PM PDT

    Can you get multiple dark moon blade miracles? In each playthrough can I get another one or is it a one-and-done thing? Also, do I need to get 10 souvenirs of reprisal in the first playthrough, then drop the covenant, get another 10 souvenirs, join again and get a second miracle or can I just show up to get my second one?

    submitted by /u/legalbagelbeagle
    [link] [comments]

    Can i run ds3 and sekiro on my laptop?

    Posted: 29 Apr 2021 09:33 PM PDT

    I can run dsr and ds2 on 60fps on high settings so I'm wondering if ds3 and sekiro will work too... And I also wanted to ask about one more thing, dsr only runs on 60fps when I've connected my charger and the battery is above 60 or 70 percent (I've capped the battery at 80 percent) haven't tested ds2 without my charger.

    The only thing I could think of was the battery saver mode but I turned that off... I know this can't be good for my laptop but I've already started looking for a new battery just in case

    submitted by /u/hentai_Saint_Isshin
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls soundtrack ownership?

    Posted: 29 Apr 2021 02:41 PM PDT

    I was doing research on the DS1 soundtrack, but couldn't find a definitive answer as to who has complete ownership of the soundtrack. I know that Motoi Sakuraba composed most if not all of the music, and he was freelancing at the time. Does he, Bandai Namco, or FromSoftware have total ownership over the tracks? Any input would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Natebbtide
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment