• Breaking News

    Friday, April 30, 2021

    Dark Souls 2 Weekly General Discussion Thread (April 30, 2021)

    Dark Souls 2 Weekly General Discussion Thread (April 30, 2021)


    Weekly General Discussion Thread (April 30, 2021)

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 09:00 AM PDT

    Welcome to the weekly general discussion thread! This thread is for the community to discuss whatever is on their mind (whether it is Dark Souls 2 related or not).

    Have a question that you've been meaning to ask but haven't gotten around to making a post yet? Something on your mind you want to discuss? Playing a game that you think others would like? Comment away! All we ask is that you are respectful of each other, and have fun!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    *epic music start playing*

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 01:13 PM PDT

    A possessed witch's body. Thinking that one of them created the Bed of Chaos and the demons. Go figure

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 07:21 AM PDT

    The unused grab attacks for the Suspicious Shadow are really damn good.

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 12:43 AM PDT

    Just bought a sealed Collector’s for PC ($130). What you think, it will be more valuable in the next years?

    Posted: 29 Apr 2021 10:03 PM PDT

    I just want to thank this community. We aren't hollow.

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 06:37 AM PDT

    At risk of sounding beyond sentimental, the SoulsBorne style of games actually pulled me out of a slight depression. It helped me realize the joy of taking on something difficult, complex and vague, such is life. This seems obvious enough, but Dark Souls showed me the beauty of persistence. Not that it's just good to be persistent, but there's joy in it. There's a fire that grows in it. Strange enough that this moral would be crystalized and distilled through a flippin' video game. Secondly, I'm currently on my first DS2 run after completing Bloodborne and DS1, and I'm amazed at out how this community of players helps each other without any recourse of being able to thank them. Souls players are just like, "Summon me, I've got your back" and then dip out. It's so dope. So, thanks y'all. Once I complete my first run though, I'll be sure to return the favor. Don't you dare go hollow.

    submitted by /u/dj_tannhauser
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know any mod that changes the shape of Faraam armor in DS3 to become close to DS2? Cause I hate what they did with it, it looks way too bulky in DS3 the neck is also exposed I could admit that the texture was better but the shape looks off only thing better is the helmet and texture.

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 12:49 PM PDT

    This was the first souls game I played. I beat it, and never came back to it. After 10 or so playthroughs on DS1 and DS3 I’ve returned. It’s pretty refreshing honestly..

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 03:27 AM PDT

    This game is definitely a little different from the other two. I know it's not most people's favorite but I think it shines in some ways. The locations are fantastic, I just beat the royal rat and am continuing downward. I'm excited to try some different builds in this game now that I understand the series more. I missed so much the first time through all those years ago. I was in the champions covenant this whole time, a post on this sub illuminated what that actually does so I might leave that when I get home lol. Now if only I could find a PS5 so I can try demons souls and bloodborne..

    submitted by /u/JiffTheJester
    [link] [comments]

    Spider Frustration

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 10:23 AM PDT

    I just lost several hours of souls to a spider.

    The little spiders in Brightstone Cove are a poorly designed enemy and I lost my souls because of it. Most of the enemy's functions are fine, but they apparently have a special attack where they jump on your head and basically insta-kill you. The problem is, there no or very little tell of this and the damage they do during this attack is off the charts. No boss until this point has dealt this much damage, even close. This attack is probably 1.5x or 2.0x the damage of any boss I've seen. Even a super big swing from the Smelter Demon or whoever does significantly less damage than this attack. He would hit me for about half my health, but this spider did literally 90% or more of my health. And like I said, there's no obvious tell it's coming. I've defeated probably 50-100 spiders so far and haven't seen this yet.

    Even the biggest DS2 fan cannot defend this. It's simply poor game design and unfair.

    /rant

    submitted by /u/iiii_Hex
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat DS2 + DLC with no summons for my first playthrough

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 12:04 PM PDT

    No NPC summons either (0 human effigies used)

    Some of the bosses were just straight up brutal, like the Gank squad/Lud and Zallen/all the other multiple bosses

    But in general, I had a much better time with DS2 than I did with DS3 (my tanky build was no match for nameless king)

    There were some really terrible run ups in DS2, though. I'm so glad it's over!

    submitted by /u/bnzng
    [link] [comments]

    Did Vendrick somehow created the For Old Ones?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 04:04 AM PDT

    So Vendrick is a Chosen One if I'm correct. At some point he collected and owned the Four Souls. So it makes no sense that the are still four beings carrying those four souls. And to enter the winter shrine we need those four souls, a requirement I assume is Vendrick's doing. So my theory is that when he realised Nasshandra's intentions and before locking himself in the Undead Crypt, he made one last trip to lend each of those souls to their original owners (reviving them somehow maybe). Or sent someone in his behalf. Probably not Velstadt, as he never left the king alone. Or maybe they both did that trip together. Does that make any sense to anyone?

    submitted by /u/desd960
    [link] [comments]

    Am I the only person that ran away from the Rotten primal bonfire?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 02:32 PM PDT

    My estus reserves took a beating getting to the rotten after falling down a platform or two so I had NOTHING left after beating him. I ran up to the primal bonfire and the explosion made me run away. I cant be the only person who's done this before, right?

    submitted by /u/t3h_LoU
    [link] [comments]

    My Hardcore Challenge Which I Fail Constantly

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 10:19 AM PDT

    Okay so here are my rules:

    1- No healing by any means, except bonfire and Ring of Evil Eye. Also, no consumables which give you bonuses. This includes anything that you apply to yourself or your weapon.

    2- All enemies in your path must be killed, except if they are optional or can be passed without alerting. So no skipping a level.

    3- All magic types are banned.

    4- No cheesing bosses. (like making Dragonrider fall.)

    5- The weapon "Rapier" is banned.

    6- One must join Covenant of Champions at first chance and never abandon/replace it.

    7- No using bonfire ascetics.

    8- Farming is banned. This means you can't go back to a zone just for earning souls. Exceptions: When going back to where you died, coming back for optional zones that you skipped before. Burnt soldiers in Ivory King's arena, which are farmed for Loyce souls instead. However, after reaching 50 Loyce souls, it is also banned.

    9- No Drangleic armor before all four great bosses are dead. (as I think it is too strong for early game.)

    10- You can't retreat back to your bonfire from an area before clearing it, unless you CAME BACK for an optional area or item after you cleaned it. Exception: Opening a shortcut to a bonfire will give you right to use if you don't advance and go back to fire.

    11- NO SUICIDE unless you are stuck somehow. You must try your best even if it seems unlikely. This rule can be ignored if you think it would be a waste of time.

    12- No killing NPCs. They have rights too, ya know? Exception: They can be killed if they bug the game somehow, like not doing what they're supposed to.

    13- "Upgrade, Infuse and Repair" abilities of a blacksmith can not be used. I don't know why we added this rule, but since my friends told me so I obey it.

    14- No shield.

    15- No human effigy. However, if you kill an NPC invader you can use one AT THAT MOMENT. Can't save it for later.

    16- Player must start as Deprived with no gifts. (edited to add this!)

    So... Is this even possible? I mean it requires you to do a no-hit run, but then doing a no-hit run is not easy due to rule number 2. I tried this a few times. At first no healing was a big problem even in starting areas, but then I got used to it, by having a tanky character. No shield rule really hurts knights and makes it so difficult to defeat Sentinels or other enemy groups.

    I believe completing this challenge will train my mind and maybe even help me fixing my anger issue, but for now it's only making things worse. I am using my best potential to defeat this challenge, yet I fail a lot. So far my best came out with bows and crossbows, but then I feel like cheating...

    As I said, is this even possible??? At least for an average skilled player like me?

    submitted by /u/Akat19
    [link] [comments]

    What's it take to get custom stuff for this subreddit?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 01:47 PM PDT

    So, are there any requirements for getting custom stuff like replacements for Members, Online, upvotes and the such?

    I noticed DS3 had them, then Bloodborne and now DS1 has got some too. Do we need to reach like a certain members goal to get some as well?

    Would be nice to have something like Skeletons for Members and Seeking the King for Online. What are your suggestions?

    submitted by /u/EcchiBot2000
    [link] [comments]

    Helping me get through the DLCs

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 12:12 PM PDT

    Hey, is there anyone or even two people out there who would like to help me through the DLCs and know their way around there? I'd like to see everything and get all the items, but it seems like coop is not really a thing anymore in this game. I am SL 150 and SM is 2.350.000. Would be nice to have a bit of jolly cooperation in Dark Souls 2 as well. I am starting at the first bonfire in the lost city :-)

    Platform: PS4

    submitted by /u/McMermate1987
    [link] [comments]

    Quality build for first playthrough

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 07:05 AM PDT

    I will be starting my first playthrough soon (almost finished with DS1), and I want to do a quality build. I really enjoy my quality build in DS1, having fun with my Claymore.

    Which weapons are viable for quality builds? And how would stats work for this type of build in DS2?

    submitted by /u/SirCMRaven
    [link] [comments]

    Soul dupe glitch SOTFS?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 10:49 AM PDT

    So I was looking at ways to dupe souls in SOTFS and it looks like the only known glitch was patched out. I have the disk version, so here is my question: could I play to a certain point on the most updated version of the game (say up to drangleic castle), upload my save data to the cloud, unistall my game, reinstall the disk, download my save, and leave off at exactly where I was?

    submitted by /u/sparechange97
    [link] [comments]

    I have a question regarding the benhart quest line

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 10:43 AM PDT

    Hello, first off.. I'm playing my first Dark Souls 2 Scholar of the first sin editon playthrough right now and of course I'm instantly trying to get 100% of the achievements. So I killed Magus once with Benhart then he died in the Glass Knight Boss fight. I killed Magus once again with the bonfire ascetic and Benhart as a companion. Can I still save the quest line to get his equipment or do I have to do it again in ng+ (I hope not)?

    submitted by /u/ChuuuZero
    [link] [comments]

    I accidentaly killed firekeeper

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 10:25 AM PDT

    So, I finished the main story and wanted to go through DLCS, but I accidentaly killed the firekeeper. Her grave didn't spawn even after reloading. Please, what should I do? Playing SOTFS version if that makes any difference.

    submitted by /u/KotlikovyGulas
    [link] [comments]

    Good items

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 08:07 AM PDT

    I am currently new at dark souls 2 and I need some good armor and weapons anyone got any tips

    Stats of the armor and weapons not how it looks

    Update: thanks for the tips

    Equipment armor

    Fire longsword+3 hollow knight helmet Broadsword+2 Traveling merchant coat Hand axe knight gautlet Leather shield knight leggings

    Class: explorer Starting gift: life ring

    submitted by /u/Arturo_357
    [link] [comments]

    First Playthrough. "Dark Jedi" Twinblade/Hex PVE build fun and or viable?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 01:09 AM PDT

    Playing through DS2: Sotfs for the first time. I have the Soul of the Lost Sinner and I'm about 25 hours in. Didn't really have a plan going in except for starting as a cleric and maybe going STR/FAI.

    I've played DS1 a bunch with Cleric Knights and Greatswords and Pyromancers but I only just beat it for the first time this summer with a dual Uchigatana/Iaito Pyromancy ninja build (I know right?), so I thought I'd go strength this time.

    I'm getting the urge to restart DS2 though, because I think I want to try a Hex build, and I've already wasted a lot of souls, titanite/twinkling, and two soul vessels just kind of futzing around upgrading different weapons thinking I'd try them out and not liking it. Twinblades are fun though so I thought I might try a twinblade/hex build.

    Should I restart? Or just power through and finish the game with this character and try another new game to try out the hexblade build. I generally don't like or bother with NG+.

    submitted by /u/SubtleMockery
    [link] [comments]

    Challenge Runs! Give Me Ideas!

    Posted: 29 Apr 2021 05:41 PM PDT

    I recently finished a shield only run of Dark Souls 2. And now I'm on to an item randomizer run of the game. Very fun to see what utems show up where. And I'm more than half way through it currently.

    I would like to do more challenge runs in the future. I also stream, not sure if it's allowed for me to post it so I won't. But if asked, I will provide it.

    Give me your ideas on future challenge runs for me! For any Dark Souls, not just 2.

    Edit 1: SL1 is on the list

    Edit 2: Waiting until I have 1 mill souls to level up. Including not popping souls found in the over world. Also on the list

    submitted by /u/Dyn_Lax
    [link] [comments]

    Get over yourself, a short story about confusing hosts

    Posted: 29 Apr 2021 07:02 PM PDT

    DS2 is my guilty pleasure when I'm not in the >ahem< soundest of mind. I invaded someone in No-Man's Wharf with my meme PS Bandit Knife build, only to have him suicide off the edge. He invited me to voice chat endlessly for 20 minutes, called me a boomer, and kicked me from the party chat twice? (I might be an idiot but I wanted to make sure it wasn't an accident.) Is this some new disrespect meta I'm not aware of? Was I fool for expecting rational discussion from someone who wears their easily-damaged heart on their sleeve? Does the souls community at large accept people whose egos are so easily bruised? Is power-stanced bandit knives too op? Wtf is going on?

    submitted by /u/PseudoDrifter
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment